- Responsible for functional training on the OpTime/Anesthesia EpicCare applications including the project history and scope, and information about the specific workflows.
- Support a system wide initiative dedicated to establishing a new foundation for advancing clinical delivery outcomes and electronic medical records through the EPIC platform.
- Provide clinical system orientation training to physician, clinical, and operational staff.
- Recognizes and identifies ongoing educational needs and creates module based training, tip sheets, and quick reference guides as necessary.
- Serves as mentor and resource to defined facility based super users in development of their skill sets and clinical application knowledge base.
- Act as the go - between for clinical staff, business and systems analysts, developers, and project management groups.
- Utilize Snagit v10.0.0, SharePoint, LANDesk, Health Stream, EpicCare Change Control Portal, and Active Directory for my training and support responsibilities.
Supplemental IT Analyst
- Answered questions, addressed concerns, resolved problems for nurses, residents, and physicians in the OR, EC, PACU, and Day Surgery during an Epic go live.
- Ensured that the operational interests of the OR, Nursery, NICU, EC, PACU, and Day Surgery areas are being fully represented in the day-to-day operations of the information technology department.
- Supported all clinical applications (i.e. nursing documentation, CPOE, EMR) deployed within the Confidential District.
- Acted as liaison between nurses, super users, residents, physicians and IT project managers.
- Utilized KBSQL, Excel, and Monarch to generate customized financial reports for management and administration.
- Trained business office associates (billers, collectors, bad debt clerks, customer service reps, cash posters, and managers) on Mckesson Star patient accounting applications.
- Tested software tracking interfaces for lab, admitting, pharmacy, medical records, billing prior to system upgrades and enhancements.
- Modified charge control parameters and claim load and edit parameters so UB’s would print correctly for different insurance companies.
- Managed electronic billing software package SSI and EC2000.
- Maintained a customer-centric technical knowledge and focus when contributing to the analysis, design, development, testing, documentation, and implementation activities of the assigned software programs in the business office.
- Provided leadership, support, direction, and focus for patient financial services managers and associates.
- Accountable for the overall objective of 96% 120 days net to cash and adjustment rate 30-120 days at or below 8%.
- Served as a resource for revenue cycle director and system director of patient financial services.
- Supported patient financial services managers in maintaining team discipline for all elements of established standard processes.
- Supported adherence to CHRISTUS standards and directives including JCAHO and HIPPA standards related to patient financial services.
- Recruited, developed, coached patient financial services managerial associates to ensure the development of a mature and professionally staffed organization.
- Worked collaboratively with healthcare providers, government, third party payers, and clearinghouses to process and implement HIPAA EDI transactions in an integrated, efficient, and cost-effective manner.
- Generated month end revenue reports for all departments in the hospital.
- Supported HBOC software applications for the business office.
- Supported CBR and Healthlink software applications for the medical staff office.
- Produced handouts with step by step instructions for users learning new applications.
- Advanced the functionality and operational efficiency of the use of assigned applications.
- Supported the business goals and objectives for the department, the information services organization, and the organization as a whole.
- Advised and assisted associates in the operation and administration of their systems.