- A dynamic and results - driven professional with extensive supply chain expertise in the oil and gas industry, particularly in Domestic and International Operations and Supply Chain Management, and can develop, launch, and manage forecasting, planning, inventory management, and budgeting processes and tools.
- A loyal and responsible manager and business professional and exceptional team player exhibiting superior troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with a proven track record of reaching win-win solutions and achieving unity of purpose and action
- Possess a keen understanding of corporate environments, a generous willingness to go the extra mile, and a strong determination to work for the good of the whole.
- Possess experience in designing, implementing, and managing best-in-class practices/processes/policies, streamlined decision-making approaches, and business review frameworks across divisions.
- Effective team leader with active coaching, mentoring, and training skills and possess the multi-task capacity to work independently and in a team, as well as the flexibility to meet shifting goals and tight deadlines.
- Excellent Customer Relationship Management experience and out of the box thinker and can develop innovative ideas for solving everyday problems more efficiently.
- Exceptional leadership skills and vision to drive the department and work under pressure and strict deadlines with excellent organizational, problem-solving, and written and verbal communication skills, with extraordinary focus and follow-through abilities.
Excellent Communication Skills Pro-Active Leadership Supply Chain Management Drilling Rig Operations & Deep-Water Exploration Oil &Gas Industry Strategic Problem-Solving Equipment & Materials Management Logistics & Inventory Management High-Dollar Engineering & Procurement Auditing Off-Shore Outside Sales Interpersonal Relationships Corporate Environments Strategic Sourcing Category Management Shore Base & Port Operations Aviation & Off Shore Vessel Operations and Contracts Contract Management Quality Control RFP/RFQ/MSA’s Root Cause Analyses Bid Analyses KPI’s
JD Edwards, Oracle, SAP, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OnBase, and Maximo
Confidential, Dallas/Houston, Texas
Supply Chain Manager
- Led all company SCM activities such as Procurement, Logistics, Inventory, and QAQC. Oversaw all offsite warehouse inventories and cycle counts.
- Monitored all logistical operations and RFP processes and bid evaluations.
- Led teams in all countries we operated in.
- Led successful negotiations for several international shore base operations involving a consortium of oil and gas operators and government officials, contract details included requirements from 6 operators and local government.
- Managed $80 Million of moving inventory for existing and forecasted projects and led all Category management procurement projects.
- Primary contributor to opening operational sites across West Africa and South America requiring extensive international travel.
- Developed a Strategic Sourcing Plan with each new project to tailor for the proper fit and ensure compliance with local content requirements.
- Directed complex vendor negotiations requesting equipment, supplies, and services from suppliers and subcontractors.
- Evaluated vendor quotations utilizing correct negotiation/purchasing techniques for ensuring optimal quality, price, delivery, and service. Along with Legal group negotiated all (MSA) Master Service Agreements.
- Directed Procurement Group in successful contract negotiations regarding sourcing materials and services for long term projects that provided favorable terms for Kosmos.
- Prepared and reviewed contracts, bids, proposals, and vendor agreements for legal correctness, price, and acceptability of items to specifications. Specialize at Root cause analyses.
- Negotiated with significant companies like Schlumberger, Halliburton, Baker Hughes, Weatherford, Tenaris, Edison Chouest Offshore, and most major Drilling Rig Contractors.
- Implemented purchasing policies and procedures ensuring compliance for FCPA and UK Bribery Act and established efficient operational guidelines
- Identified and cultivated suppliers of high-quality products/services and the highest ethical standards while maintaining cost-effectiveness. Performed as part of Oracle Implementation Team in representing Supply Chain Group
- Successfully transferred the International team to GOM operations handling all drilling, completions, production and projects support needs
Confidential, Houston, Texas
- Selected to build the procurement department and lead the procurement team by a consulting firm hired by Confidential to establish the leadership of the new company.
- Developed and managed the Confidential Purchasing Group. Recruited a team of talented personnel.
- Created and implemented purchasing policies/processes, ensuring SOX compliance.
- Established efficient operational guidelines.
- Led the Purchasing Group in successful contract negotiations regarding sourcing materials and services.
- Oversaw all offsite warehouse inventories and cycle counts.
- Monitored all logistical operations
- Evaluated vendor quotations utilizing correct negotiation/purchasing techniques for ensuring optimal quality, price, delivery, and service
- Engaged in complex vendor negotiations to request equipment, supplies, and services from suppliers and sub-contractors
- Performed as part of SAP Implementation Team in representing Purchasing Group
- Cataloged 20,000 items into the system after SAP implementation resulting in better trackability, discovering main buy items and establishing contracts to reduce cost, and setting up automatic purchase orders to expedite the purchase process
- Identified and cultivated suppliers of high-quality products/services and highest ethical standards while maintaining cost-effectiveness
- Prepared and reviewed contracts, bids, proposals, and vendor agreements for legal correctness, price, and acceptability of items to specifications
Confidential, Houston, Texas
- Selected for elite Fast Track Program that recruited offshore personnel to be future company leaders with hands-on offshore experience
- Directed SCM group in procuring materials for 10-12 drilling rigs in the United States and Mexican waters
- Negotiated terms for the purchase of materials, oilfield equipment, and capital assets for support of company operations
- Evaluated vendors' quotes in selecting the most cost-effective, responsible, and high-quality suppliers
- Placed and expedited orders in compliance with SOX procedures