- Dynamic individual with over 15 years of experience in Information Technology spanning planning, development, testing and integration of both hardware and software solutions that fulfill organizational business objectives.
- 10+ years experience in database administration activities leveraging recommended best practices.
- Strong Unix/Linux administration skills (RedHat Certified)
- Experienced in implementing and managing Oracle High Availability features (RAC, DataGuard)
- Experienced in implementing Oracle Grid Infrastructure (ASM, CRS, Restart)
- Experienced in implementing and managing Oracle Fusion Middleware Technologies (10gAS and WebLogic)
- Experienced in performance tuning and optimization
- Demonstrable knowledge in Cloud Computing (AWS, OpenStack/Redhat Certified)
- Extensive knowledge in Virtualization technologies (Xen, VMWare, KVM)
Operating Systems / Platforms: Windows 95/98/ME, DOS, Windows NT/2000/XP Pro Windows 2003 Server, RHEL, RHAS,SUSE, Solaris, Tru64
RDBMS: Oracle8i/9i/10g/11g/12c, MySQL
IDE: TOAD, SQL*Plus, MS Visual Studio, Macromedia Dreamweaver, SQL Developer
Middleware Technologies: Oracle Fusion Middleware, Tomcat, Jboss, Resin, Weblogic
Tools: OEM, STA, Tkprof, SQLTXPLAIN
Lead Technical Consultant - Oracle Clinicals
- Install, upgrade, configure and patch Oracle technology stack supporting the hosted application (Oracle Database, Weblogic, CDA, BIP, OBIEE, OAM, WebGate, Argus, LSH, OC, Siebel CTMS, e.t.c.)
- Provide on-going support to customers and helping them solve production issues
- Liaise with Oracle Support through Service Requests to resolve issues
- Responsible for monitoring backups for all infrastructures in the data center.
- Perform regular DR/BCP testing processes
- Collaborate with functional teams to resolve technical issues
- Automate common administrative tasks to reduce errors and ensure consistency
Technical Support Engineer IV - Oracle DBA
- Performed install of Oracle RAC at various client sites
- Performed database tuning and SQL optimization
- Carried out database upgrade and CPU/PSU patch application
- Provided support and administration of various configurations of Oracle Databases for clients providing critical healthcare services.
- Provide database configuration and troubleshooting support to Implementation Engineers during application install, upgrade and go-live.
- Manage multi-node RAC and DataGuard configurations
- Leverage Oracle recommended best practices and tools in helping customers resolve performance issues encountered in the database environments.
- Responsible for providing technical, functional, and coding support to customer's product support teams, field engineers or technicians who are diagnosing, troubleshooting and debugging highly technical or sophisticated software or computer systems.
- Respond to situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in software.
- Report design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to software engineering/ design engineering.
- Provide support to customer/users where the product is highly or complex or technical in nature.
Experienced Consultant - Oracle
- Designed database to support integration with external applications
- Analyzed and applied Oracle CPU/PSU patches to database and fusion middleware instances.
- Provided development support to developers and testers
- Installed, configured and supported RAC databases
- Managed database configuration and tuning, following best practices for enterprise database monitoring, troubleshooting and maintenance
- Provided expert assistance in SQL statement tuning to improve performance
- Documented processes and wrote re-usable database scripts that was used to automate schema and object creation during database build
- Documented benchmarks and procedures needed to optimize database performance
- Architected and built DB solution using Erwin Data Modeling tool
- Collaborated with development and technical architecture team to provide and solicit design input from a database perspective
- Installed, configured and managed Fusion Middleware (10gAS and WebLogic) to support portal application.
- Deployed DB Grid Control to manage database and fusion middleware instances
- Scheduled daily and weekly database backup using RMAN
- Performed data migration using Oracle data pump.