- An accomplished Data Engineer/Database Administrator with demonstrated success designing and implementing database solutions that improve business functionality.
- Possess diversified technical background with Lockheed Martin, CSC, NGB, NGIC, CIFA, DIA, INSCOM, NGA and other federalagencies. Proven ability to implement technologies that decrease costs, increase performance and positively affect the bottom line.
- Extensive experience working with all aspects of in - house developed systems.
- Expertise in full project life cycle development, implementation, integration.
- Polished leadership skills, with ability to motivate teams to increase productivity.
- Deep understanding of technology with focus on delivering business solutions.
CloudAmazon Web Services: (AWS, C2S), Hadoop, Accumulo, Elasticsearch, Kibana, X-pack, Logstash
Software: Oracle (8i, 10g, 11g, 12c), SQL Server (2008 R2, 2012, 2014), MS Access, My SQL, EsriArcGIS, Crystal Reports, TOAD, SQL Plus, Eclipse, FileNet,Informatica PowerCenter 8, Power Shell, InfoSphere, InfoSphere DataStage, Python, PostgreSQL
Platforms: Linux, UNIX, Windows, Solaris
Oracle Tools: Enterprise Manager Grid Control, SQL Plus, SQL Loader, Oracle Developer Suite, Oracle Coherence, Oracle RAC, Data Guard, Data pump, PL/SQL, ASM, Streams, Data Integrator, Reports, Forms, Exadata, WebLogic, APEX, VPD
Confidential, Springfield VA
- Took the ownership of Elastic Cluster within Enterprise Management/Cyber Security System
- Evaluated current configuration of Elastic and provided recommendation on reducing C2S footprint.
- Dry run Elastic 5.6 to 6.5 upgrade on test cluster
- Working with Analysts, Data Scientists to improve current data model.
- Creating new and reindexing indexies, alias, painless scripts, pipelines .
- Bulding aggregation query, update by query, index template
Confidential, Springfield VA
Senior ETL Develpoer/Scrum Master
- Working closely with Product Owner, Analysts, Data Scientists, UI/UX designers, functional practitioners, and clients/stakeholders to gather data requirements.
- Facilitate team meetings, including the Daily Stand-up, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, Backlog Grooming, and Sprint Retrospective
- Create dashboards to visualize HR data using Elasticsearch, Kibana, Tableau
- Responsible for creating and maintaining data warehouse schemas and ETL processes (DataVault2, SSIS, Python )
- Responsible for infrastructure setup, configuration, deployment, and maintenance.
- Create automated systems for continuous integration and continuous deployment. (GitLab, Jenkins)
Confidential, Springfield VA
Senior Oracle DBA
- Setting up Oracle 12c database server in private cloud and AWS
- Migrating legacy schema using data pump tool.
- Working with product owner, developers, and testers to ensure compatible of GUI with new database
- Develop oracle triggers, packages, functions, and procedures with PL/SQL
- Support the organizational data warehouse through appropriate utilization of ETL tools and scripts.
- Use cron utility on linux to execute custom shell scripts
- Instaled, configured, and maintain WebLogic server
- Provide support in database architecture of the organization through database design, modeling and implementation, advance SQL
- Ensure that the database is secured and updated
- Implemented virtual private database/application context code
Confidential, Fayetteville NC
- Query optimization and performance tuning, running database consistency checks and troubleshooting
- Creating SQL Server database objects like tables, views, procedures, functions and triggers for a project
- Export/Import data using SSIS
- Create and edit reports using SSRS
- Mirroring, Replication, Power Shell, TSQL
- Working with information assurance team to secure database systems
- Create, Modify, Run Python Scripts to manipulate geodata
Confidential, Charlottesville VA
Lead Widget Developer
- Gather and understand customer requirements to leverage DCGS-A compliant widgets, as well as recommend, develop, and implement widgets when existing capabilities do not exist or are not adequate
- Develop widgets leveraging existing widget capabilities currently in use by or planned for the DCGS platforms
- ETL legacy data from RDBMS into NO SQL Big Data system using JAVA.
- Developed software system level integration tests procedures.
- Provide Administrative support for the development systems.
- Maintain software control and manage through lifecycle to track all updates by following Configuration Management procedures.
- Desine, maintain, enhance, and optimize DataStage jobs
- Designed application structure using Oracle APEX
Confidential, Oberon, Alexandria VA
- Architect design schema for VLDB. Setup partitions and implement partition management algorithm.
- Oracle advanced replication, stand by database, Oracle Data Guard product
- Provide day-to-day support for production VLDB environment.
- Securing database content to insure availability only to authorized users.
- Designs, implements and maintains moderately complex databases, access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation and statistical methods.
- Develop and maintains expertise in use of automated tools for database design and implementation.
- Leads the design and maintenance of logical and physical data models (relational dimensional)
- Administer Oracle Coherencies, an in-memory distributed data grid.
- Advise applications development staff and users on database solutions for business problems data architectures, database management system facilities and capabilities, and the operation and tuning of databases.
- Database migration from MS SQL to Oracle
- Create DDL scripts to build PostgreSQL database for SDE schema of ArcGIS
- Develop PL/SQL scripts for moving big datasets
- Provide support 24/7 for production database.
- Transform XML documents with XMLStage in IBM DataStage
Confidential, CIFA, Arlington VA
Data Assimilation Developer
- Define Project - determine the nature and structure of data and the requirements for successful conversion.
- Analyze Source Data - Database schema in Oracle, Sybase or other DBMS; XML Documents; Spreadsheets or HTML tables; Text documents formatted according to defined marking conventions; Binary files (images, etc.)
- Map Data - determine how data can best be represented in target scheme
- Extract Data - Import source data into transformation database
- Transform Data - Design a staging schema to facilitate loading the target database; design methods to transform the data into the staging schema
- Load the data - Develop code to move data from staging schema into target database; test load in development and execute on production
- Script ETL process with PL/SQL
Confidential, Charlottesville VA
Senior Application Engineer
- Part of the team responsible for re engineering the XML feeds to external customers as well as part of the report teams responsible for using oracle Reports provide reporting capabilities throughout the application
- These reporting responsibilities include the creation of user interface to execute reports as well as schedule reports to be run in the future
- Developed data entry forms, interactive and hypertext linked reports using Oracle APEX
- The technologies employed include Java, J2EE, XML and Oracle 10g, Oracle Reports. Oracle text, Oracle web servers and application servers
Confidential, NGB, Arlington VA
Senior Software Engineer
- Developed and supported multiple National Guard Web applications written in Java, .Net, PHP with SQL Server and MY SQL Databases
- Supported Critical Centralized documentation management and business automation systems
- The system uses COTS components from file of .Net, J2EE and API technologies
- Designed and Implemented autantication on the sensitive web application
- Worked with clients on daily basis to make sure customers and users are problem free
Confidential, Lockheed Martin, Manassas, VA
- Worked on Range Facilities Management Support System (RFMSS)
- Was responsible for the design and the development of additional margins for the existing project
- SQL programmer and TOAD administering Oracle ( 8,9) doing export/Import, creating database objects as tables and indexes, monitoring and optimizing performances of the database, GUI Development power builder and VB
- Also programmed with Visual Basic and Arc Objects to create active XDLL with customized tool bar buttons and menus for ESRIA GIS9 with an ODB connection to an Oracle 9i Database
- This software allows shape file and database modification. Convert legacy FoxPro database into Oracle.
- Supported system deployment worldwide.
Confidential, Owego, NY
- Worked on the Simulator Scan Induction Unit (SSIU) software team.
- The software team led communication development between various COTS and proprietary products to integrate mail-handling components.
- Worked on projects that involved communications between GE Cimplicity, MS VB, MS C++ Win Sock, Oracle and Oracle Reports.
- Developed materials and documentation to meet customer requirements.
- Trained team members to use of various COTS tools.