- Experience global teams consisting of both on - shore and off-shore resources.
- Worked effectively in virtual, geographic dispersed, cross-cultural environments.
- Accomplished Information System professional with over 18 years of experience providing business and project leadership in software implementation, migration, support, maintenance, systems development, user, with experience in managing several simultaneous projects.
- Eighteen years of Functional experience in SAP FI/CO with cross-module knowledge of SD, MM, PP and PS modules.
- In-depth knowledge of BW/BI, and Experienced in implementing User-Exits and developing technical specifications.
- Experience with systems roll-outs, facilitating change management, conducting user and providing on-going systems support.
- Lead development of new SAP functionality with an emphasis on utilizing standard SAP functionality and a focus on business process improvement.
- Multiple Full Life-cycle implementations and upgrades of SAP R/3, ECC and S/4 HANA systems. Worked across various industries Chemical, Manufacturing, Consumer Business.
- Excellent knowledge of Structured Analysis/Design, System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), and ASAP implementation methodology.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to make effective presentations and communicate technical concepts to non-technical clients.
- Able to handle high level/ corporate relations.
- Extensive experience configuring New and Classic General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Fixed Assets.
- Cash Management; Proficient in Lockbox, Exchange rates and Bank statement configuration.
- Financial Controlling; Extensive experience configuring Cost Center Accounting, Profit Center Accounting, Profitability Analysis, Product Costing, Internal Orders, and Material Ledger.
- Extensive experience configuring Investment Management, and Project Systems modules including Planning and Budgeting, availability control, execution, and settlements to FI etc.
- In depth knowledge of Order To Cash process. Extensive experience configuring Customer master, Credit Management, Customer consignments, Pricing procedures, SD Copy routines, and Revenue Account Determination etc.
- In depth knowledge of Procure To Pay process. Extensive experience configuring Vendor/Material master, Logistics Invoice Verification, Evaluated Receipt Settlements, Vendor consignments, Vendor Payments, Calculation Schemas, Batch Valuation, Inventory Movements, Stock Transfers, and various Inventory/Stock transfer reports etc.
- Extensive knowledge of Integration between FI/CO and other SAP modules. Also experienced in managing 3 rd party interface development using both middleware and bespoke development.
- Proficient in BI Publisher, EDI and IDoc concepts including IDoc types, Ports and Partner Profile configuration, and Migration/Conversion tools like LSMW, CATT etc.
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
FI/CO Sr. Consultant
- Configured chart of accounts, account groups, field status groups, and posting keys, assigned these variants to company codes, created GL Master records, reconciliation accounts for sub-ledgers, document types, number ranges, invoices and payments, tolerance groups, automatic account assignments, GL display (line item layouts, special fields, sort variants, totals variants) and financial statement version.
- Configured Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable Controlling - Cost center Accounting and Profit center Accounting.
- Central Finance deployment for S/4 HANA - Central Ledger, MDG, SLT configurations documenting test cases and functional requirements that include multiple S/4 HANA FI/CO process.
- Upload test scripts to HP ALM
- Developed and Conduct, managed multiple testing cycles.
Sr. Consultant SAP FI/CO
- Responsible for daily SAP ECC 6.0 Enterprise A/P, A/R and Fixed Asset Management application support management ensuring timely response and resolution to support requests.
- Worked with other functional/technical team leads on process improvements, simplification of support processes, and designing SAP landscape and code review standards.
- Configured and optimized SAP Treasury solutions Treasury Management, Cash and Liquidity Management to improve processing efficiency.
- Deploy Central Finance for migration to S/4 HANA simple finance, design FIORI catalog and group.
- Testing, and support of In-House Cash, A/P and Treasury Automatic Payment Programs, IDOC creation/troubleshooting, Configuration of electronic bank statements, and testing of the IHC end of day process and development and maintenance of supporting detail documentation.
- Contributed to the review of application controls on a regular basis to ensure compliance with Internal Audit.
- Design and configuration of Ariba integration with SAP ECC for Procure to Order process.
- Facilitated discussions between business requesters and outsourced vendors as needed.
- Responsible for coordinating 24x7 support to client businesses and regression testing (system validation) after major changes such as client copies, system outages, mock disaster recovery exercises, and transport path split etc.
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
Consultant SAP FI/CO
- SAP ECC 6.0 Lead daily maintenance/enhancement activities serving a large global user community.
- Worked with PMO on Business Process and IT Service Management optimization based on CMMI framework. This included various processes in Service Delivery and Service Support areas such as SLA management, KPI reporting, Configuration audits, CAR (Causal Analysis and Resolution) etc.
- Responsible for managing changes to existing foot print. Approved configuration/RICEFW objects, test documentation, developed user manuals and utilizing UPK. Member of Change Advisory Board (CAB).
- Analyzed development effort for all configuration and custom development requests. Regularly tracked and reported progress for various custom objects during Demand/Supply meetings.
- Design automation and enhancement of key business processes such as Inventory provision, Internal Order settlements, Cost center and Activity type planning, PCA reporting, Legal/Group cost reporting using COPA, Batch Valuation, Purchase Price Variance, Local/Statutory reporting using Non-Leading ledgers, Withholding tax, Customer statements, Credit management, Pre-rebates, and Collective billing etc.
- SEM-BCS Business Consolidation System support
- Monitoring and improving the first period of consolidation of system consolidation, and load data, the Net Results,
- Conversion of Balance under the new criteria in 2009, Auto Adjust (reclassifications and allocations - Taxes, charges & discount, RNRs) elimination of intercompany transactions, equity, participation of consolidation (investment) and validations.
- Design and development of product costing solution for Inter-company profit elimination involving Material Ledger, costing user exit, MM conditions, and COPA Group reporting.
- Configured Costing variants and Transfer Control. Created transaction variants for cost simulation and forecasting. Configured Costing sheets and Activity Types for applying freight and overhead costs (Fixed and Variable) to Finished/Intermediate products.
- Developed global material revaluation strategy. Responsible for global revaluation of over half a million materials spread across about 220 plants.
- Hands on configuration within other FI/CO areas including Movement types, various substitution and validation rules, Foreign currency valuation, Inter-company transactions, Pricing
- Procedures and Revenue Account Determination, Tax codes, SD Item categories, Residuals and Partial Discounts, COPA Derivation rules, and Alternative COAs etc.
- Experience integrating 3 rd party bolt-on software Ariba for purchasing, ACEVA for credit and collections and Open Text for AP invoice scanning and workflow automation.
- Experience working with SAP/Virsa GRC suite’s Firefighter tool for security access monitoring.
Confidential, Cleveland OH
Consultant SAP FI/CO
- Lead FI/CO implementation team. Provided overall management activities - planning, change control, resource and cost management.
- Facilitated key stakeholders alignment and engagement; Facilitated Gap analysis sessions.
- Created Business Blue Print template for tracking FI/CO tasks in Solution Manager based on ITIL Application Management standards. Utilized SAP Solution Manager to track and report statuses for various tasks such as configuration, FRICE, materials, and security roles etc.
- De-commissioning of legacy systems including JDE, PRISM.
- Acted as liaison between Internal Audit and SAP team for effective SOX compliance.
- Assisted PMO in candidate screening and interviews for recruiting new resources.
- Lead the efforts to create Business Process Procedures (BPP) using InfoPak for various finance sub-processes including IM, PS, G/L, A/R, A/P, AA, CCA, COPA, CO-PC, and PCA. Reviewed and approved manuals and conducted super-user and end-user .
- Reviewed and refined various business procedures and updated global template accordingly. These included Shipped Not Billed, Foreign currency valuation, Overhead Costing sheet, Standard cost estimates, Process order variances, COPA assessments, and CO planning process etc.
- Design for implementing Profit center accounting. Worked with other functional and Master data teams for adding Profit center to Material/Project/Asset/Cost center master data and coordinating month-end tasks to populate PCA ledger for B/S reporting.
- Added new characteristics to Operating Concern and configured the corresponding Derivation rules for the migrating entities.
- Lead design discussions with the Reporting team to develop Cost Center to CO-PA assessments including assessments for SG&A, Manufacturing costs and Process order variances etc.
- Configured Pricing procedures for external sales, Account keys and Revenue account determination access sequences, and Credit management using both static and dynamic methods.
- Configured Lockbox functionality and Manual Bank statement processing for migrating entities.
- Configured SAP SEM BCS Business Consolidation of the functions relevant to the process of consolidation, such as load data, the Net Results.
- Auto Adjust (reclassifications and allocations), elimination of intercompany transactions, equity, participation of consolidation
- Configured Depreciation keys for Book and Tax areas making use of various calculation methods such as Base, Declining Balance, Multi-level and Period control methods. Configured sort versions, simulation variants for depreciation reports, Asset history sheet versions etc.
- Configured PS Budget and Planning profiles, Project Availability control, and Investment, Settlement and Project profiles for both US and non-US entities.
- Worked with the BW team to modify various Sales and A/R reports.
Confidential, Ashland, VA
Consultant SAP FI/CO
- Lead requirement gathering workshops for SAP ECC 6.0 Fixed Assets processes. GAP analysis, presented findings regarding project plan and deliverables timeline keeping in view the scope of work and budgetary/resource limitations.
- Created Swim lanes and Business Design Documents.
- Configured chart of depreciation and depreciation areas. Defined asset classes, asset number ranges, and corresponding account determination. Also configured sort versions, simulation variants for depreciation reports, Asset history sheet versions etc.
- Customized screens layouts for asset master. Assisted finance team in Asset uploads from legacy system. Configured Depreciation keys for Book and Tax areas making use of various calculation methods.
- Detailed Unit and Integration testing for various processes such as Asset Acquisitions, and Retirements, Unplanned Depreciation, Mass Updates, Asset Transfers, and Year-End close etc.
- Customized and configured Mercury Quality Center tool (formerly Mercury Test Director) to efficiently manage the unit and Integration testing. Developed strategy for Defect resolution, and added requirements, transactions and test scripts.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
Consultant SAP FI/CO
- Analyzed As-Is system processes, and successfully mapped To-Be system SAP R/3.
- Participated in the design, development, implementation, and testing of a complex Lockbox process for Cash Preprocessor to match remittances with Lockbox and enhancing Lockbox auto cash application logic using a user-exit. Also worked on various Cash application algorithms for Lockbox processing based on payment habits of different customers.
- Designed strategy for handling Deductions using Deduction Management Component.
- Assisted in data migration efforts from the legacy system to SAP’s A/R system. Worked with the Business users to develop the conversion maps and with the Technical team to develop LSMW based conversion programs.
- Configured posting period and fiscal year variants, field status groups, customer Dunning and Account statements etc. Also configured Customer master data including tolerance groups, Decentralized processing options, Customer Bank data, and Selection rules etc.
- Configured Lockbox and IDoc processing, Tolerance groups, Reason codes, House bank and Bank accounts corresponding to various Lockboxes.
- Configured payment methods and payment program for various countries including Advanced Payment, design of DME files send to the banks and various forms printed as a result of payment run.
- Developed Functional Design specifications for various business requirements including various Cash Preprocessor reports, Invoice matching logic for Lockboxes, Manual Cash receipts, Document Netting, Mass Reversal and Customer Realignments/transfers etc.
- Facilitated the test design and participated in the design and execution of the Integration test scenarios making sure that all the custom objects and transaction codes are thoroughly tested.
- Lead the effort to standardize and develop BPPs using OnDemand tool where emphasis was on Task based scenarios. Assisted the team in developing a box and finance course materials. Conducted hands-on sessions.
- Post Go-Live Support; analyzed various GL/AR/AP posting issues, investigated Production Breaks, and providing on-site/hand-on support to a large business community.
Confidential, North Sioux City, SD
Consultant SAP FI/CO
- Created CO master data including Cost centers, Cost center hierarchies, Activity types and Statistical key figures. Configured Profit center Master data and Standard Hierarchy. Worked with finance and supply chain team for Profit center assignments in material, asset, cost center, and order master data.
- Created PCA Distributions to transfer postings from Dummy profit center at period-end. Developed LSMW programs to post PCA only entries for initial balance load and subsequent adjustments.
- Configured Internal Order functionality including Order types, planning and budgeting profiles, allocation structures and various reports.
- Project preparation and blue print phase of SAP BW implementation. Worked on the reporting requirements list that included both R/3 and BW reports and made sure that the report list is synchronized with the business activity profiles.
- Developed data architecture diagram and assisted other team members in identifying appropriate Extractors, Infosources, ODS and Infocubes from the standard business content.
- Detailed meeting with the client business users to understand their AS-IS processes. Developed Business flowcharts and created Business Blue Print for the existing processes.
- Design of General Ledger policies and procedures, maintaining the global chart of accounts, alternate chart of accounts, account descriptions, Income statement creation at detailed level, special purpose ledgers, bank accounts and currency tables etc.
- Configured and customized General Ledger including creation of G/L accounts, screen layouts, Account Assignment Models, Recurring documents, and validation and substitution rules etc. Configured foreign currency revaluation for G/L and Open Item balances.
- Configured and customized Accounts Payable module including Vendor Master Records, account groups, tolerance groups, automatic account determination, and GR/IR clearing.
- Configured Automatic Payment Program and House Banks. Reviewed processes for manual vendor payments, Advanced payment, vendor clearing, vendor open item clearing, and various A/P reports etc. Configured Check Management, check lots, check printing and void reason codes etc.
- Worked on Functional design document for designing various interfaces. Performed Functional Unit Testing and Integration Testing.
- Created a strategy for Stress testing to create Benchmarks for Performance Improvement. Worked with the developers to identify possible enhancements to the custom ABAP code.
- Acted as liaison between the R/3 Finance team and BW team. Assisted the BW team in the design, creation and testing of various Finance reports in SAP BW.
- Production Support after the go-live.