- A total of 21 years of experience designing and managing end - to-end SAP Basis scenarios in heterogeneous environments (Unix, Linux, Microsoft, AS400); 12 years working as a consultant; SAP official trainer for Unix/oracle/sap basis administration courses (see included document).
- Installation, upgrade, migration, design and configuration of all SAP products portfolio in small, medium and large companies within all platforms.
- Worked with/for many hardware vendors and SAP 3rd party software companies, most of them market leaders.
- Technical advisor, solution designer and disaster recovery architect for small to big environments, hardware selection and vendor selection.
- Worked outside the pure Basis area in complex business scenarios.
- Extensive international experience, in Europe, South America and USA.
- Implemented the first countrywide SAP BW on Linux for major Automotive Company (Valeo) in Torino, Italy.
- Prepared Request For Proposal for ERP/BI/PI/APO landscapes and BW on HANA and managed the system until go live.
- I Have personally engineered a procedure to reduce BDLS process from 32 hours to 1,5 hours, the procedure is ready to be patented, sold or used to train consultants to perform the activity.
- Proper experience to manage different Teams in complex projects coordinating basis, infrastructure, network, functional and interface departments, keep track of associated costs and present progresses and criticalities to Confidential executives.
- Releases from 4 to 7 full configuration
- HACMP clustering
- VIO’s sizing
- Service Guard clustering
- Cluster Service clustering
- Oracle (expert)
- SQL Server
- IBM UDB DB2
- HANA (trained by SAP)
- Unix Shell
- Microsoft scripting
SAP Basis Consultant
- Senior Sap Basis Manager responsible for high-complexity Unicode migration, platform migration and upgrade of SAP landscapes for strategic Customers end-to-end; coordinating of application teams and infrastructure to follow the global plan.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
SAP Solution Architect
- Responsible for innovation, consolidation and redesign of cross applications (portals), redesign of XI/PI and EDI subsystems.
- Sizing, design, RFP, purchase and deployment of BW on HANA platform; realizing and testing complex Oracle RAC environment for SAP, migrations and upgrades
- Platform migration from AIX risc-based platform of a big 8 Terabytes Oracle Database to a fully virtualized Linux-based landscape (private cloud), upgrade of the SAP release to latest ECC6 EHP6 and split of the instance in two separate entities.
- The overall project is performed in only two go lives achieving the following benefits: huge saving deploying x86 based technology rather than RISC and using database data compression, improved performance, easier disaster recovery scenario, enabled rapid deployments using templates, decreased maintenance complexity.
- The project required extensive provided to the Basis Team and Infrastructure Team.
- Managed data-center move from headquarter to colocation site (private cloud to hybrid cloud) minimizing the downtime and financial loss due to missing application support.
SAP Basis Manager
- Responsible of a Team of 8 engineers located worldwide, 20 complete landscapes with new and old releases of almost all SAP products portfolio based on IBM AIX platform.
- Identify poor ABAP code, wrong queries and Indexes problems in custom and native code.
- Responsible and directly involved in maintenance, patching, upgrading, tuning, deploy and design of the new incoming infrastructure.
- Responsible of the Disaster Recovery Site (SAP instances)
- Advanced troubleshooting, migration from Microsoft to Linux and virtual platforms (VMware).
- Data volume managed more