- Over 7 years of extensive experience in the information technology with over emphasis on Confidential, Data quality and Business objects (BO).
- Expert in using SAP BODS 4.2/4.1/4.0 (Data services repository manager, data services designer, data services server manager)
- Strong database experience in using ORACLE 11g/ 10g/ 9i, MS SQL server 2008/ 2005, SQL, DB2. Hands on working knowledge in writing the stored procedures, packages, functions and triggers.
- Experience in Data migration, Data conversion and Extraction, Transformation, Loading using Data Integrator/SAP Data services with oracle, SQL server.
- Excellent data analysis skills and ability to translate specifications into a working universe and or script.
- Experience in working with many transform types like Data integrator, Data quality and Platform.
- Extensively used Data Services Management console to schedule and execute jobs, manage repositories and perform metadata reporting
- Expert in implementing Data cleansing, Data profiling, transformation scripts, stored procedures/ triggers and necessary test plans to ensure the successful execution of the data loading processes.
- Experience in working with SQL, SQL plus, external tables, import and export utilities, extracting and loading large volume of data.
- Experience in data migration using data integrator as the tool and data cleansing, address cleansing using data quality as the tool and pro - active data validation.
- Experience in profiling and metadata management using Information steward.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
- Result oriented team player and always keen to learn new concepts and technologies.
- Working experience on transforming data from various data sources to a Data warehouse using Data services and interacting with the Business Analysts in identifying the needs and the requirements of the system
- Expertise in architecture design of Extraction, Transformation & Loading environment using Data Services
- In Depth knowledge in Data Warehousing & Business Intelligence concepts with emphasis on ETL and Life Cycle Development including requirement analysis, design, development, testing and implementation Worked extensively with BODS transformations to create complex Data flows using Query, Case, Merge, Validation, Map Operation, Table comparison, Pivot, Reverse Pivot Transforms
- Experienced in loading Master & Transactional data from various sources into SAP ECC modules such as Sales & Distribution and Materials Management
Operating Systems: Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7/ 8
Data warehousing tools: SAP BI 7.0, BI 7.4
Front end Tools: BEx, Business Objects Explorer, Dashboard, Web Intelligence
DATABASES: SAP HANA, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle
Other tools: Microsoft SQL server, Oracle SQL
Confidential, Edgewood, NY
- Understood the project phase quickly and developed various jobs in DEV system according to the requirement.
- Worked with offshore Data service resource in parallel and configured the central repository to understand the work done by checking in and out.
- Worked on transformations like Case, Merge, Pushdown, pivot and Data - transfer.
- Involved in technical design of all the objects that are involved with SAP AIO methodology.
- Worked extensively with data profiling tools (sap information steward 4.0) for ongoing project to understand the quality of data before loading into the SAP.
- Extensively used the validation transformation in order to perform any validation rules before we load data into the warehouse.
- Worked with AIO package to load the data to SAP.
- Moved the projects from DEV to SIT/UAT and from UAT to PROD systems in SAP.
- Extensively worked in both Development and Production environments in resolving their daily issues and Improvements.
- Extensively worked in Development environment in resolving the bugs we get in testing and production.
- Built a knowledge based documents based of all the errors I ran into.
- Worked on performance tuning by changing Rows per commit, degree of parallelism, cache type, minimizing source data etc.
- Created Jobs, Workflows, Transformations and Data Flows according to requirement to integrate source data in to Target data warehouse.
SAP BODS CONSULTANT
Confidential, Orangeburg, NY
- Interacted with Business Users and Business Analysts to gather and document the Requirements and translate these to Technical specifications for analysis
- Interacted with Business Users and Managers in gathering business requirements.
- Created Data Services mappings to load the data warehouse, the mappings involved
- Extensive use of simple and complex transformations like Key Generator, SQL Query
- Transform, Table Comparison, Case, Validation, Merge, lookup etc in Data flows.
- Managed Repositories using administrator console as per business requirements.
- Created mappings using Designer and designed workflows using Workflows to build DW as per business rules.
- Responsible for creating mapping and transformation specifications based on the business requirements from various business teams and implemented in Data Services jobs.
- Configured database Data Stores and File Formats to allow Data Services to connect to the source or target database and files.
- Developed jobs to load the SAP R/3 tables into staging area and developed transformations that apply the business rules given by the client and loaded the data into the target database.
- Loaded the data into Material Master (MATMAS05), by referencing the AIO Methodologies.
- Involved in meetings and worked with the ATR team to migrate the data into FIXED ASSETS Master data and Transactional data (General ledger, Account Payable and Account Receivable).
- Experienced in migrating Functional locations from source to target.
- Based on the requirements, extracted the data from ECC 6.0 and loaded into BW 7.0 using Data Services 4.0 as an ETL tool.
- Used Open Hub Services to push data out of SAP BI using Data Services.
- Worked with Match Transforms, Address Cleanse and Data Cleanse Transforms for US Data Cleansing in Data Quality
- Involved in writing scripts and also used some built - in functions like To Date, look up, key generation and Custom Functions like checking whether the load is an initial load or a bulk load..
- Knowledge in Planning, Designing, Developing and Deploying Data warehouses / Data Marts Created various Local and Global variables. Scheduled, monitored and fixed the errors of the jobs. Optimize mappings to achieve faster load to test environment.
SAP BODS Consultant
Confidential, New York, NY
- Gathered information from clients regarding business requirements. Collaborated with business technicians to research existing business and system processes.
- Worked on ETL extraction, transformation and loading data from heterogeneous source systems such as excel and flat files.
- Developed various Workflows and Data flows where the data is extracted from the sources like Oracle 10g and then loaded into staging tables from staging tables data loaded into relational tables and from Relational tables data loaded into Hubs, Satellites and Links
- Used Business Objects Data services data cleansing transformations for de - duplication, house-holding and address parsing.
- Created complex Data Integrator mappings to load the data warehouse, the mappings involved extensive use of transformations like Key Generation, SQL Query Transform, Table Comparison, Case, Merge, Map Operation, lookup function etc.
- Used Data Services inbuilt functions like Aggregate Functions, Database Functions, Date Functions, Lookup Functions, Math Functions, System Functions and Validation Function
- Created Parameters, Global/Local Variables, Scripts, Projects, Jobs, Workflows, Data Flows and Administrating Web management Console.
- Created Data Services mappings to load the data warehouse, the mappings involved extensive use of simple and complex transformations like Key Generator, SQL Query Transform, Table Comparison, Case, Validation, Merge, lookup etc. in Data flows.
- Involved in Performance tuning at source, transformation, and target levels.
- Creation of ETL Processes for the added new Subject areas, Develop Data Extraction, Transformation and Loading Program using Data Integrator.
- Involved in Creation of jobs that specify data mappings and transformations by using Data Integrator Designer.
- Performed Unit, System and Regression testing of the Business Objects Data Integrator ETL jobs