- SAP functional Consultant having around 8+ years of experience in Financial Accounting (FI) and Controlling (CO) modules.
- Experienced in 2 full life Implementations and 3 Rollouts using ASAP (Accelerated SAP) methodology with experience in all project phases - project preparation, business blue print, realization, final preparation, go-live and post live production support, with documentation.
- Expert in configuration of General Ledger, New GL, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Banking and Asset Accounting.
- Expert in Cost Center Accounting, Profit Center Accounting; good knowledge in Profitability Analysis and Products costing.
- SAP implementation experience covering various facets of ERP implementation like Configuration, Documentation,, Test scripts, data migration, functional co-ordination for the project and post- implementation support.
- Hands-on experience in leading the scope of consulting operations involving scope understanding, business process mapping, configuration, testing (unit, integration & user acceptance), assistance on development of custom objects.
- Proficient in integrating the entire Order-2-Cash business process covering: configuration of customer master records, customer transaction processing (including invoices, credits, and payments) and integrating with SD module.
- Proficient in integrating the entire Purchase-2-Pay business process: configuration of vendor master records, vendor transaction processing (including invoices and payments), integrating with MM module, invoice verification & outgoing payment process.
- Performed Unit Testing and Integrated System Testing while providing support during User Acceptance Testing (UAT). Resolved defects and provided super-user & end-user & documentation.
- Hands on experience on Electronic and Manual bank statement process.
- Knowledge of Vertex tax calculation system.
- Knowledge of S4 HANA 1709 and 1809.
- Skilled in handling end user, go-live preparation, post go-live hand holding.
- Hands on experience in Intercompany process, EDI, IDOCs and Batch jobs and Lock box processing.
- Well versed with User Exits, data conversion techniques like BDC and LSMW, BADI and BAPI.
- Effective communicator with exceptional interpersonal skills and hands-on experience in leadership & imparting to new hires.
- Active participation in all phases of a project: This includes requirement gathering, functional specifications, configuration, data mapping, reporting and transportation of objects.
- Conducted sessions for end-users and involved in complete documentation for end user manuals.
- Lead the financial consulting and client teams through a series of business process redesign related activities that resulted in the overall improvement in the Finance processes, efficiency and effectiveness of the various functionalities within Finance as well as resulting in cost savings. This was done with the help of best practices in various finance areas.
Financial Accounting (FI): Enterprise Structure: Company code, Business Areas, Functional Areas, Fiscal year Variant.
General Ledger: Account groups, GL master records, sample accounts, field status groups, posting keys, automatic account determination, inter-company automatic account posting, sales/use tax assignment, account display, number ranges, document types, tolerance groups.
Accounts Payables: Vendor groups, vendor master data, house banks, bank accounts, check lots, reason codes, automatic payments, invoices, credit memos, AP information system
Accounts Receivables: Customer groups, customer master data, payment terms and interest calculation, incoming payments, AR information system, customer tolerance, customer credit management, Dunning and closing operations.
Asset Accounting: Configuration of asset master data, asset classes, asset acquisition, retirement, capitalization chart of depreciation, depreciation areas, depreciation postings, account assignment in cost accounting, number ranges, creating reconciliation accounts for asset.
Project Systems - Creation of WBS Elements, Creation of Networks, Milestones and activities.
Cost Element Accounting: Cost element types, creation of cost elements, overhead costing sheet, Reconciliation Ledger, configured automatic posting for reconciliation ledger.
Cost Center Accounting: Configuring and customizing the cost centers, standard hierarchy, cost center planning, statistical key figures, activity types, master data groups, assessments, and distributions and reposting, allocation cycle and segment.
Profit Center Accounting: Configuring the basic settings, maintaining profit center hierarchy, dummy profit center, balances carry forward, assignments, distribution and assessment of costs, development of Reports.
Profitability Analysis: Configuring and Customizing Costing-based and Account-based CO-PA including setting up of the operating concern, characteristics, value fields, summarization levels for reporting and assessments, forms, planning, maintaining the derivation rules and structures.
Product Costing: Product costing Planning including cost component structures, Costing sheet, Costing variant, valuation variant, costing types, WIP calculation, Variance calculation and order settlement
KNOWLEDGE IN EXTERNAL TOOLS:
HPALM: HP Life Cycle Management.
Remedy: Ticketing Tool.
Vertex: Calculate tax
SAP PROJECTS SUMMARY:
Confidential, Eatontown, NJ
SAP FICO Consultant
- Maintain Global settings for company code such as: Assignment of company code to Chart of accounts, Fiscal year Variant (July to June), Posting Period etc. and Assignment of Company code to Controlling Area.
- Define Number ranges for all document types and number ranges for Non-Leading ledger.
- Created customer/vendor groups and reconciliation accounts.
- Creation of House banks and Bank account determination setup for new company codes.
- Configured automatic payment program settings to clear vendor invoices using all configured payment methods in the company code.
- Created new payment methods for vendors and customers.
- Created new correspondence forms and Customer Account statements forms.
- Configured the Electronic bank statement process for different formats like MT940 and Multi Cash formats including testing.
- Created new Dunning forms based on the client requirements.
- Good in Project Planning and Documentation.
- House bank creation including the usage of EDI related fields required for the creation of IDOC (which were the means of transmitting the data to the bank via FTP).
- Data Conversion for devising and implementing the approach used in loading both AP open items and GL balances into SAP.
- Implemented EDI process for incoming invoices through inbound interface.
- Maintaining partner profiles and partner ports for each participating vendor in interfaces which invoice will get post automatically through IDOC.
- Analyzed requirements for processing Intercompany AR & AP transactions. Creation of initial specifications for configuring and implementing Intercompany functionality.
- In addition, I was responsible for co-managing the AP portion of the project, which included creating the scope document, the project plan (which included a projecting a go-live date) and the scope document.
- Implemented Customer aging report to track the pending invoices.
- Assign Chart of Depreciation to the company code and Maintain Number ranges to Company code.
- Asset Accounting Settings for depreciation Calculations.
- Creation of new Depreciation keys and assignment of default depreciation keys in Asset class.
- Worked on LSMW and BDC for all the data migrations/conversions and master data uploads.
- Applied OSS notes for required changes.
- Created reports using report writer and report painter.
- Completed Configuration for FI/CO integration with MM for material movements and SD with pricing and billing including automatic account determination and GL account postings.
- Worked with Order to Cash team in the integration related issues and helped them in unit testing.
- Configured intercompany scenarios and provided extended support throughout the entire process.
- Extensively worked with the Master data teams for cost element accounting, cost center accounting and profit center accounting.
- Involved in hyper care support.
- Documented the processes using standard templates.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
SAP FICO Consultant
- Configured country global parameters and completed necessary pre-requisites based on the country legal requirements.
- Configured settings for company code creation and maintained global parameters.
- Collaboratively worked with Client Global team in order to extend the Master data to the new company codes.
- Created new substitution rules based on the client requirements to substitute the trading partner values in the line items of the document postings.
- Configured automatic payment program settings such as creation of new payment methods and bank determination, ranking order and assignment of clearing accounts for the payments.
- Assisted the Business users to complete the testing for different type of payments.
- Implemented new correspondence form to the customers for Israel as per the Israel legal requirements to issue the copy of the correspondence if printing the form for multiple times.
- Implemented new Dunning forms with the help of ABAP consultants as per the business requirements for Israel.
- Created Account symbols, Posting rules and new Transaction types for Electronic bank statement postings.
- Implemented search term logic for Electronic bank statement process for different type of payments.
- Creation of new tax codes and assignment for G/L accounts to the new tax codes.
- Configured the settings for Asset accounting such as copying the new chart of depreciation and assignment chart of deprecation to the company code.
- Created new depreciation keys and delta depreciation keys for depreciation calculation.
- Extensively tested AUC settlements, Depreciation calculation and Asset retirement.
- Coordinated to schedule the new batch jobs and changing the variants in the existing batch jobs.
- Involved in Unit testing, Integration Testing and Regression Testing.
- Used HPQC ALM to track the status of the testing and recorded test results for future .
- Visited South Africa to assist the different business teams in order to complete the testing and provide to the business users.
- Trained users in IDOC Monitoring and Batch job monitoring
- Provided Post go-live support, resolved various issues related to FI module and integration issues.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
SAP FICO Consultant
- Worked as FICO consultant for Implementation Project.
- Determining organizational structures and classifying business units/locations as company codes, business areas and profitability centers
- Gathered and documented business requirements, conducted discussions with consultants and drafted business Blueprint documentation
- Analyzed workflow to design solutions and re-engineered solution, conducted GAP analysis, documented the findings, assessed scope of studies & suggested solutions through SAP for implementation and customizations
- Configured settings for Company code, posting period variant, assigned document number ranges, defined tolerance groups for employees etc.
- Configured and Customized New General Ledger accounting, Creation of G/L Accounts, Screen layout rules, automatic account assignments, financial statement version
- Involved in the design of Asset Class and Charts of Depreciation in Fixed Assets.
- Grouped assets into manageable Asset Classes and customized screen layout for each asset class with unique number ranges.
- Made settings for GL accounts for AUC, loss/gain on asset disposal/retirement, posting depreciation under different Depreciation Areas, and Defined settings for Depreciation Runs and Old Data Takeover.
- Created cost centers, activity types, statistical key figures, Cost Center Standard Hierarchy, cost center categories, maintained default account assignments and automatic account assignments, validations and substitutions, Distribution and Assessment, Direct and Indirect Activity Allocation
- Internal Orders maintained order types, screen layouts, maintained order groups, status management, overhead costing sheets, maintained settlement rules, settlement profile, planning profile, budget profile, availability control etc.
- Configured withholding and extended withholding tax settings. In Withholding tax settings, extensively worked on configuring 1099 and 1042S tax rate settings for different countries. Involved in yearend filing and printing to IRS and vendors.
- Collaborated with Basis to provide continued maintenance and development of bug fixes and patch sets for Vertex.
- Fixed R1 (unit testing) tax defects of critical to medium categories in SAP and interfacing with VERTEX.
- Monitoring the vertex Queue’s continuously and take necessary action if required.
- Involved Vertex Monthly maintenance activities.
- Responsible to create a tax codes for each affiliate and complete required configuration for taxation.
- Provided upgrade go live support and identified/ debugged glitches in the first month of Production go live project.
Confidential, New York, NY
SAP FICO Consultant
- Created Chart of Accounts and assigned it to company codes.
- Determined the number of Legal Entities and configured Company Codes, Fiscal year and Posting Period Variant, Number Ranges and Document Types
- Worked on Customer and Vendor Master records and created Tolerance Levels for employees based on corporate governance
- Configured reason codes in customer accounts, check void codes and payment advices
- Configured Payment Methods like Check, ACH, Wire Transfer
- Defined Ranking Order, Bank Accounts, Available Amounts, Value Date and House Banks.
- Set Up Automatic Payments Using F110
- Prepared Test plans, Define Testing approach/strategy and create test data.
- Distributed work amongst Team members, monitored work progress and prepare weekly status reports
- Tracked defects separately and worked closely with Development team in resolving them.
- Extensively worked on various Test scripts like Master Data, Payments, Receivables, Depreciation and various Controlling scenarios.
- Extensive testing knowledge of EBS and Manual check process.
- Extensive testing knowledge of Automatic payment run and dunning process.
- Documented test results and provide status updates to the Project Manager.
Confidential, New York, NY
SAP FICO Consultant
- Involved in production support activity and complex SLA’s.
- Co-ordination with client and Key users, technical team etc., for resolution of problems and custom developments.
- Responsible for solving FICO related issues
- Understanding the problems faced by customer and troubleshooting the problems
- Suggesting the corrective solution with the agreed SLA
- Working closely with Technical team in trouble shooting the problem
- Working closely with Functional teams in resolving integration issues
- Carrying necessary configuration changes as per the business requirement
- Documentation of the tickets.
- Ensuring the process of the project at the client side
- Preparation of weekly and month end status reports
- Error Analysis for the cause of errors, provides corrective solutions, and suggest for preventive actions to avoid recurrence.
- Critical Job monitoring. Lockbox monitoring / IDOC’s monitoring