- An ex - Confidential functional consultant, Confidential has an accounting qualification Certified Management Accountant (CMA) from Canada.
- He is also a Platinum level consultant, Team Lead and Project Manager who can manage a team of functional and technical professionals across different time zones and global regions
- Strong experience of IT architecture fitting SAP into the overall IT infrastructure, along with other best-of-breed applications such as Salesforce.com, Ariba, Hyperion etc. to maximize predictability and timeliness of operational and financial reporting
- Project Management track record to implement SAP FSCM (Collections and Dispute) modules in 8 weeks; Rapid Deployment Strategies (RDS) migrating from Classic GL to New GL in 3 months, and other rapid implementations for banking interfaces, sales and use tax interfaces, and Vistex rebate interfaces etc
- Diverse experiences in global regions such as APAC, EMEA, LATAM and North America, and in various industries including Life Sciences, Manufacturing, Consumer Products, Retail and Aerospace & Defense
- Strong analytical, strategic, and managerial skills to manage critical success factors of projects, and to strategize ways for PMO/Steering Committee to cut costs, meet project deadlines, and manage project scope
SAP CONFIGURATION SKILLS:
- End-to-end implementation experience S4 HANA Finance 1610 for Confidential, including Fiori (greenfield) and Cloud version.
- Implementing version 1709 to create new legal entities for divesting and investing company codes at Confidential .
- Expertise in creating organizational structure to facilitate financial reporting and legal and managerial entity representation such as Chart of Accounts, Company (consolidations), Company Code, Controlling Area, Operating Concern, Credit Control Area, Business Area, Functional Area, Fiscal Year Variant for non-calendar fiscal year, Financial Statement Versions, Posting Period variants, and FSCM organizational structure such as collection profiles, collection groups, segments etc.
- Configuring New GL functionality such as Parallel Ledger, Segment Reporting (derived from Profit Center master), and Document Splitting. Also with experience in New GL Migration Workbench. Configure all objects behind New GL functionality such as activating document types for document splitting, mandatory and zero balancing splitting characteristics, journal entry workflow approval etc.
- Designing interface extracts out of SAP GL and PCA at account balances and line item levels to external financial consolidation applications such as Hyperion, Essbase etc. Expert in month, quarter and year end closings, including foreign currency valuations and translations, and compliance with public reporting requirements in Forms 10Q and 10K. Expert in designing and writing functional specs for BW/BI reports. Also an expert to customize Classic GL and Special Purpose Ledger for clients who have not migrated to New GL yet. Also experienced with using Accrual Engine (tcode ACACACT) to automate month end closing accruals to the G/L.
- Configuring the basic settings, maintaining Profit Center Hierarchy, Profit Center Groups, Distribution and Assessment of costs, and zero balancing mandatory profit center on each FI document line.
- Configuring Cost Elements using appropriate cost element category, Costing sheets, Reconciliation Ledgers, Standard hierarchy, Cost Centers Groups, Cost Element Groups used in FI-COPA integration, Activity Types, Statistical key figures, Master data groups, Validations and Substitutions. Cost center Assessments, Distributions and Reposting, Allocation cycle and segment. Configuring and Customizing Cost Center Planning include defining versions, Planning layouts, Planner profiles and Activity planning.
- Setting up internal orders and WBS, Settlement rules for internal orders, planning for internal orders, budgeting and availability control.
- Designing account groups that fit external and intercompany customers and vendors needs, configuring all business transactions to support operations in AR and AP including Purchase Order configurations, PO release strategy, Purchase Info Records, tax code condition records, invoice tolerances, freight charges, duplicate invoice check etc. Also building external interfaces for Sales and Use Tax (Taxware, Vertex, other web apps), configuring for Withholding Tax and designing reports to file Income Tax and 10K/10Q tax returns; foreign currency from Reuters/banks, outbound AP files in IDOCs or other formats, and inbound AR lockbox, credit reports etc. Designed abandoned property reporting to government. Note: there are multiple bolt-on and 3 rd party applications that companies choose to interface with SAP AR or AP such as GetPaid, Concur, multiple Sales and Use Tax apps etc. I have experience with many of these either conforming or enhancing standard BADI or building the interface from scratch using customized solution with detailed functional specs and working with Technical resource.
- Very well experienced in building outbound payments files for Accounts Payable including Positive Pay file format, IDOC, PI/EDI files. Also experienced with building inbound payment files for Accounts Receivable such as lockbox, Electronic Bank Statement (EBS BAI2) files, post processing transactions using FEBAN (or old tcode FEBA or FEBA LOCKBOX) to clear EBS records to GL, Customer, Vendor and to facilitate bank account reconciliations. Also experienced with designing/configuring posting rules mappings to bank BTC (bank transaction codes) to post into Posting Area 1 (bank accounting), Posting Area 2 (subledger accounting) depending on business requirements.
- Configuring Dispute and Collections Management modules and ECC credit management to enable AR and Credit departments to manage risk and business potential of customers/business partners. Designing collection rules/strategies, using BAdI’s as needed to build collection rules to trigger the generation of collection worklists and maximize the effectiveness of collection efforts. Customized BI reports were also built to monitor the aging of AR, the closing of dispute cases, and promise-to-pay effectiveness. Standard and customized reports were also built for credit management to monitor customer / business partners credit exposure over time to help adjust their risk categories.
- Designing customized solutions for interfaces or report formats that are outside of standard SAP functionality. Expert in writing detailed and easy-to-understand functional spec documents and work with the technical ABAP resources to deliver these objects.
- Proficient level with business process transactions/reporting and medium level at configurations.
- Completed Introduction to Ariba…..basic understanding of Ariba functionality and integration to SAP. Customized system to produce metrics reporting such as total spend of vendor. Configured business rules in Ariba to ensure 3-way match of AP invoices, reducing 80% of potential errors and manual rework.
- End-to-end implementation of S4 HANA Finance 1610 and Fiori for Confidential on a RDS project.
SELECTED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
Confidential, Indianapolis, IN
S4 1709 FICO consultant
- Divest animal health care division Elanco in multiple countries including Argentina, Chile, Portgual and Poland implementing company codes
- Acquisition of Loxo Oncology creating company code to capture patent intangible assets
Confidential, Reston, VA
S4 1610/Fiori FICO consultant
- Auto manufacturer
- Project to keep track of costs (and revenue in the future) for installing electric charging stations across US as part of settlement deal with Congress
- Implements S4 Finance 1610, including Fiori tiles for transactions and designing Fiori tile groups tailored to user role
- Cloud version
- Modules Treasury, GL, AP, AR, Assets, Project Systems, Fiori
Confidential, Moorestown, NJ
Sr FICO Consultant
- Defense manufacturer
- Supports project to migrate acquired subsidiary Sikorsky Helicopter operations to Confidential, including data migration, FICO enhanced configurations, foreign currency valuation and translation, and MM Procure-to-Pay and SD Order-to-Cash
- Supported SLO (system landscape optimization) project ran by Confidential to merge Sikorsky Helicopter to Confidential
Confidential, San Diego, CA
FICO Team Lead
- Defense manufacturer, ECC and pilot project of S4 1610
- Managed a group of 10 FICO team members including 5 PWC consultants and 5 COE employees
- Full suite of FI and CO applications including GL, AR, AP, Withholding Tax, GST/VAT Tax, Banking, Electronic Bank Statement, Asset Accounting, Cost Center, Profit Center, Concur T&E, ADP Payroll, Intercompany Settlement, Consolidations etc
- FSCM for US and Canada company codes including Credit, Collections, Dispute Management
- Australian localization requirements for Purchase Order, GST, FI journal parking and AP banking approval process
- S4 HANA 1610 Discovery demo using data models in S4 HANA studio
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
FI Global Architect
- FI architect for integrating multiple tax types (excise, fuel, sales and use tax) between SAP and Avalara
- Accounts Receivable, credit and collections consultant, customer drafting process to pull money from customer accounts direct debit
- Accounts Payable, multiple payment methods to pay vendors including Checks, ACH, Wire, direct debit, and government payments
- Electronic Bank Statement, importing BAI2 EBS file to tcode FEBAN and guide users with post processing, clearing EBS records to GL, customer, vendor, or write offs, and to facilitate with bank account reconciliation
- General Ledger and month end closing
- Fixed asset module support including reporting, depreciation, tax ledger etc.
Confidential, Salt Lake City, UT
FSCM Lead Consultant
- Awards and plaques manufacturer
- Migrate data from FI-AR to FSCM worklists at Payer or Sold-To partner levels
- Collections and Dispute reconciliation with FI-AR
- Re-designed collection strategies based on risk categories
- FI-AR dunning process end-to-end fix
FSCM Project Manager
- Managed the implementation of FSCM collections and dispute management modules, and integration between FI-AR and FSCM, managed team of 6 resources including 4 consultants and 2 COE employees
- Fire fighting to fix configurations and processes relating to FSCM (collections, dispute) management, including BAdI enhancements to tag collectible items by profit center, and downstream program/reporting such as uncollectible write off etc.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
FI QA Review
- Part of Confidential QA review team to assess best practice standards against client AS IS processes, and to map out path going forward to consolidate their legacy ERP systems to SAP 6.0 EHP 5
Confidential, Tampa, FL
FICO Project Manager
- Using SAP Accrual Engine to automate multiple month end accrual entries such as vacation pay, employee equity, employee bonus accruals, temp labor accruals etc
- Streamline month end closing activities from 5 day close to 3 day close
Confidential, New York City, NY
APAC Planning Architect
- Pre-project planning to estimate efforts to roll out US template to China and Japan
- On SAP core modules and AFS (Apparel & Footwear Solution) template
- Using US Global Template rolled out to Hong Kong, China and Japan and added in localization processes based on legal/regulatory or common business practice requirements. These localization requirements involved configurations and technical developments such as Chart of Accounts in local languages (Chinese, Japanese), different fiscal year for Japan (year ending March 31st) on consolidations, withholding tax, China Golden Tax, and Japan Summary Billing, other standard outputs/reports in local languages such as Trial Balance, fixed asset listings
Confidential, Reno, NV
FICO Solutions Architect
- Full implementation of FI and CO modules for mid-sized company using SAP All-in-One template
- General ledger, AR, AP, banking (Wells Fargo), Paymetrics credit card, ADP payroll, Concur T&E, TAXUSJ sales tax procedure, fixed assets, cost center, profit center, COPA, product costing
Confidential, Detroit, MI
FSCM Solutions Architect
- Developed enhancements on FSCM Dispute Management auto creation and auto write off functionalities
- Enhanced VKM4 transaction to add more objects such as Profit Center, Collection Specialist etc to display SD-FI invoices
- Developed customized reports to monitor payment history/trend/bad debt recovery of selected customer accounts
- Implemented lockbox and enhanced it with a pre-processor to maximize hit rate at the invoice level
Confidential, Secaucus, NJ
FICO Project Manager
- Managed project to re-design month end closing first year end after Go Live. Started as primary support for year-end closing but later expanded to include implementation of GL and AP processes such as foreign currency valuations and translations, AP remittance advice to vendors, 1099 reporting, parked invoices processing from EDI or manual invoicing etc.
- Supervised fixed asset year end transactions such as depreciation run, retirement of assets, asset valuations etc.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Managed project for full implementation of SAP including FICO, MM, SD and all RICEF development objects, including interfaces
- Took on the role to design SAP system in general for a brand new company, then specifically implemented FICO modules and designed integration with SD and MM modules
- Configured New GL, AR/AP, ADP Payroll, Concur T&E, sales and use tax, income tax, excise tax and all banking interfaces with Wells Fargo
- Developed all statutory reports for different levels of government governing liquor industry
Confidential, Ashburn, VA
FICO and BW Consultant
- Part of the Confidential Global Escalation Team to assist client and partner consulting firms IBM and CSC to deliver a major organizational transformation project, including New GL functionality, AR, AP, BW/BI reports, HANA database, SAP web portal etc.
- Re-designed business transactions back to standard SAP recommendations, designed and delivered BW/BI reports using HANA, BEX, BOBJ tools provided by CSC team
- Recognized by Confidential and client with distinction
Confidential, Denver, CO
- Part of the Confidential P2P Stabilization Team to stabilize and enhance the P2P functionality post Go Live including the interface of SUS/SRM into Purchase Orders, AP invoicing, GR/IR clearing, Purchase Order clean up, posting of parked or error invoices in MIR6 etc.
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
- Major financial transformation/reorganization of company codes from 300 down to about 40 by consolidating these entities by lines of business, regions, and operating vs financing companies, all on the same fiscal year but different closing schedules, also including inter-company reconciliations, cross company sourcing of services and materials using different purchase order types and cross-charging journal entries
- Built SAP system from scratch for the Intellectual Property division using SD, FICO and Intellectual Property functionality of SAP
- Designed and developed reports for month end closing and reconciliations