- Around 10 years of SAP experience in FICO module with well integration knowledge with MM, WM, SD, PP and CS modules.
- Ability to work in high - powered, fast-moving, multi-disciplinary working teams and a committed team player with willingness to travel and ability to quickly adapt to new environments and technologies.
- Extensive experience with analysis, design, development, customizations and implementation of SAP ERP applications.
- Proficient in analysing and translating business requirements to technical requirements and architecture.
- Proficient in GAP analysis, designing, performance tuning and user training in SAP FICO.
- Experience in managing the resources both onsite and offshore handled multiple roles as a consultant, senior consultant and senior analyst.
- Executed implementation and support projects for IT, Retail and manufacturing and process industry.
- Expertise in configuring General Ledger Accounting, Accounts Payables, Accounts Receivables, Bank Accounting, Asset Accounting and Credit Management from Financial Supply Chain Management in a highly complex business environment.
- Controlling expertise includes Cost Centre Accounting, Cost Element Accounting, Internal Orders, Controlling Profitability Analysis (COPA) and Actual Costing Using Material Ledger.
- Good working knowledge in designing and implementation of CCA, PCA, IO Data conversions and cutover functions.
- Proficient in configurations of FI Module: FI-General Ledger, FI-Accounts Payable, FI-Accounts Receivable, FI-Assets Accounting, and Tax accounting.
- Experience with different aspects of a business relating to FI-GL transactions, Intercompany Transactions, House Banks, Automatic Payment Programs, Credit management, Cash applications, Clearing Inter-company Vendor/Customer Open items, Reconciliation Accounts, Carry forward Balance, Lock box and Dunning.
- Expertise in configuration of Controlling-CO Module: Profitability Analysis (COPA), Product Costing (PC), Material ledger, CO-Cost Element Accounting (CEA), Cost Center Accounting (CCA), CO-Profit Center Accounting (PCA), CO-Internal Orders (IO), CO-Cost Allocations, Assessments and Distribution, Planning-Budgeting.
- Good knowledge of FSCM configuration including FI-TR.
- Good experience in Bank Application: House Banks, Bills of Exchange, Manual Bank Statement, Electronic Bank Statement, Lockbox processing and Cash journal.
- Ability to work with SAP ABAP people with sound knowledge in ABAP Queries, Quick viewer, and reporting tools: Report Painter, Report Writer, and ECATTS.
- Experience in functional designing and interfaces EDI / IDOC with external vendor systems.
- Good Understanding about USER EXITS, BADI and Debugging.
- Experienced in Data migration and conceptual design for master data transformation in FI/CO/MM modules from legacy system to SAP & validation of data integrity and good experience in working with LSMW.
- Experience with credit management in financial supply chain management includes cutover functions converting the legacy data into SAP data and performing the data loads using the LSMW.
- Good Communication skills, Interpersonal skills, self-motivated, Quick learner, team player.
- Configured Company code, Fiscal year variant, Chart of accounts, posting period variant, field status variant and field status groups.
- Experienced in Unit, Integration and user Acceptance testing in SAP MM-WM modules.
- Proficiency in Spec Designing, Gap Analysis, Technical Documentation, interacting with the Super Users & End User Training, Reporting and Data Conversion and uploading of Master Data, Go-Live implementation and after go-live support.
- Understanding & Analyzing customer’s ‘AS-IS’ Business Processes and mapping ‘TO-BE’ processes.
SAP ERP Package: SAP R/3 Version 4.7), ECC 5.0 and 6.0
Functional Area: SAP SD,MM,PP,FICO
Languages: Python, SAS
- SAP Financials: Proficient in General Ledger FI-GL, Accounts Receivable FI-AR, Account Payable FI-AP, Asset Accounting FI-AA, Dunning, Credit Management, cash management, and Automatic Payment Program. Sound knowledge of FSCM configuration and FI-CA.
- SAP Controlling: Expertise in Cost Center Accounting CO-CCA, Profit Center Accounting CO-PCA, Internal Orders CO-IA, Product Costing (PC), Activity Types, Distribution and Assessment Cycles, Variances, and Other CO Elements, Profitability Analysis CO-PA, Product Cost Planning, Cost object Controlling, Actual Costing, Material ledger
- Bank Accounting House Banks, Bills of Exchange, Manual Bank Statement, Electronic Bank Statement, Lockbox Processing, Exchange Rates, Cash Journal, Payment Transactions, Interest Calculations and Translation Ratios.
- SAP Technical: Integration of various SAP applications like SD and MM with FI/CO. Expert in development of reports using Report Painter and Report Writer. Knowledge of ASAP implementation methodology and the capability to interact with ABAP developers for technical specifications.
Confidential, Fort Wayne, Indiana
SAP FICO Functional Lead
Environment: SAPECC 6.0
- Prepared the Business Process Procedures for various transactions in GL, AR, AP sub modules.
- Worked on the enhancements (AP) positive pay, legal entity payment and GR/IR mismatch issues
- Configured FI New GL, AP/AR & Banking - Document Splitting, Segment Reporting, Special purpose ledger, Doc types & posting keys, analysis of all open items and clearing of goods receipt/invoice receipt (GR/IR) accounts. Designed Account groups and Configured Payment program for check printing and Wire Transfer payments.
- In Asset Accounting (FA), assisted in creating Fixed Assets, Group Assets, Assets Class, Post Periodic Assets, and Asset Acquisitions. Maintained Depreciations, Chart of Depreciation, Depreciation Area, Fiscal Year Variant, Number range, and Substitution Rules in the Fixed Asset Master records and reviewed various Fixed Assets Accounts.
- Integration of parallel accounting concept during configuration for Fixed Assets Module, General Ledger, and re-grouping and currency valuation processes for each period-end.
- Created an Electronic Bank Statement Posting Rules. Created Lockbox in House banks.
- Configured relevant settings for Lockbox processing and Outgoing Payments. Resolved issues during Unit, Functional, Integration and Regression testing of business scenarios and test conditions.
- Involved in Maintaining Default Account Assignments, Validations and Substitutions rules, Overhead Structure for Accrual Costs, Planning Layout and Profiles.
- Coordinated with cross functional / technical consultants in solving Cross-functional issues.
- Involved in AS-IS study, TO-BE analysis and gap analysis of the Roche Diagnostics.
- Designed, configured and tested core FI/CO modules (GL, AP, AR) for Roche Diagnostics. Completed Base line configuration to meet the business requirements within FI / CO including GL, AR, AP, CO-CCA, CO-PCA, Product Costing, Profitability Analysis (COPA), Planning - Budgeting and Internal Order.
- Tested whole Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable module, developed training material and trained AP and AR core users of Roche Diagnostics.
- Configured automatic payment program - paying company codes, payment methods per company code, house banks, bank determination and payment method supplements.
- Developed the specs for check forms (USA, CAD and MXN checks) and payment advice forms of the Roche Diagnostics.
- Configured FI-MM-SD account determination - assigning valuation areas to valuation grouping codes, defining valuation classes, account grouping and account determination extensively for GBB, BSX, WRX and PRD.
- Customized credit control area for credit management in the application components of AR and AP. Also, created Vendors, Customers and Cost centers using ECATT and LSMW.
- Customized settings for Controlling Areas of Roche: Activated the components/ indicators, assigned the Roche Diagnostics Company codes to controlling areas, and assigned the number ranges.
- Defined the Operating Concern and maintained the controlling versions. Configured Controlling Area settings: Created the Standard hierarchy, cost centers, assigned cost centers to cost elements and Configured Product Costing settings to estimate materials cost and semi-finished products.
- Dealt with Cost Element Analysis involving both primary and secondary cost elements, activated the reconciliation ledger, and maintained accounts for automatic reconciliation posting.
- Configured the product, customer and organization profitability in the COPA module - set up the characteristics and value fields and configured the flow of values from FI to COPA.
- Created COPA reports for Business users, helped them in understanding the Costing Based COPA features.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
SAP FICO Functional Consultant/Lead
Environment: SAP ECC 6.0
- Prepared functional and technical specifications for business processes and customization
- Gathered business requirements from the Business users and involved in the preparation of business blue prints.
- Configured SAP CRM procurements for activities, business partner's segmentation using segment builder.
- Created new functions in more fields view of the account identification view set for business partners (to create new BP's).
- Customized document specific incompletion procedure to ensure consistency of the data entered by the end user during sales order processing.
- Familiar with the integration points of MM, WM, LE and FICO.
- Has a role in ensuring the smooth integration and rollout of systems by coordinating closely with the affected functional area.
- Responsible for quickly resolving and documenting day to day issues as they arise.
- Provide and transfer functional and process knowledge of the latest SAP releases and practices by keeping current on various published materials and training outlets.
- Assist key business users in creating the functional requirements needed to alter SAP in line with changes in business practices.
- Responsible for translating the user’s functional specifications into a technical specification on which the new SAP configuration will be based.
- Analyzed the existing legacy system; gathering functional requirements through user meetings, gap analysis, and participation in process improvement teams; produced the functional requirements document.
- Configured house banks, bank accounts, reason codes, check lots and lockboxes for payments. Configured automatic interest calculation procedure, payment terms, correspondence and dunning procedures.
- Experienced in activating of New G/L and Leading Ledger with creation of Segments and assigning Scenarios and Customer Fields in the Parallel Ledgers, Document splitting, parallel accounting, parallel currency, Real Time FICO integration.
- Configured Automatic Payment Program for checks, and outgoing payments in Accounts.
- Implementing the Electronic Bank Statement with the bank for all of the cash application.
- Configured Lockbox functionality, defined control parameters for BAI2 file import for handling incoming payments from customers, worked on Special GL transactions such as Down Payments.
- Responsible for year-end close and reconciliation of sub-ledger, such AR, AP and Fixed Asset.
- Worked on chart of depreciation, inter-company asset transfers and balance-carry forwards and re-organized accounts for various cost and profit centers and programmed schedules and jobs.
- Integrated AP and AR modules in FI with MM and SD respectively.
- Configured FI-MM account determination - assigning valuation areas to valuation grouping codes, defining valuation classes, account grouping and account determination extensively for GBB, BSX and PRD.
- Configured the system for various receivables scenarios (over, shorts, down payments, reversals and resets, credit memos and adjustments etc.). Verified and Tested GL transactions for business process (fast-entry screens, posting, parking, reversals, etc.).
- Involved in A/R issues - lockbox, credit by reason report, variants for ‘FBL5n’ - through Solution Manager tickets system. Configured and Customized Internal Orders.
- Provide ongoing training and knowledge transfer to users to enable them to become self-sufficient in the operation and training of the system.
Confidential, Hartford, CT
SAP FICO Functional Consultant/Lead
Environment: SAP ECC 6.0
- Design and development of various sub modules of Sales and Distribution like Sales, Shipping, Transportation, Master Data, Billing, SD/FI integration, Pricing, Output Determination, Reports, Programs etc.
- Configurations pertaining to sale areas, sales offices groups, plants.
- Configurations including customer master, material master, product hierarchies, customer hierarchies, combining sales area elements, condition records for both pricing and outputs. Other master data includes Brokers, Collections, Royalties, and Commissions.
- Development including order types, item categories, sales area assignment to document types, schedule lines, copy control routines, user exits for exclusive division determination for new business units.
- Development including routes, transportation zones, shipping point determination, delivery types, batch determination, batch management, delivery split, copy controls for delivery, delivery due lists, output control.
- Definition of new condition types, condition tables, access sequences, customer pricing procedures, document pricing procedures, pricing procedures determination and their pertaining assignments. Others include condition exclusion, price lists. Configured the Pricing procedures by defining and configuring various condition types, condition tables, access sequences and condition records.
- AR, revenue account determination, G/L accounts, account keys
- Definition and assignment of billing types, invoice lists, copy controls, output control, billing due lists, rebates, intercompany billing.
- Configured inter-company STO by collaborating with SAP Material Management (MM) and Finance (FI) team.
- Configured and Customized Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payables modules including Creation of Vendor Master Records, Customer Master Records, account groups, tolerance groups, Automatic account determination, Payment Advice, Automatic Payment Program for outgoing payments which included payment methods, house banks, bank accounts and ranking order of bank accounts.
- Configured the existing models in order to align it with the scope requirements for US.
- Worked on configuration of Overhead Controlling, Cost Center Accounting, Profit Center Accounting, Product cost controlling, Internal Orders and Validation rules.
- Configured, Activated and tested new Material Ledger in the production plants of Conair Corp.
- Provided supports on issues related with integration of CO with FI and MM and SD modules as well as tested on MIGO and MIRO creation.
- Maintained and Configured Budgeting and Activity types for the cost centers and cost element of Conair Corp.
- Responsible for execution of testing scenarios for Product Costing, Material Ledger, settlements, month end closing and the Gap testing using Solution Manager.
- Responsible for knowledge transfer to client, Prepared user manuals and performed key user training for the employees of Conair Corp.
- Modified existing order types for internal orders to include Model orders by which internal order creation procedure is simplified.
- Defined new Planning profiles, Budget Profile and Settlement profiles for Internal Orders. ¬ Maintained allocation structures, settlement cost elements, source structure, PA settlement structure, settlement profiles and settings for automatic generation of settlement rules for settlement of internal orders.
Confidential, Houston, TX
SAP FICO Functional lead
Environment: SAP ECC 5.0
- Extensively worked to prepare high level and low-level documents part of business blueprint and Extensively involved to write Functional specs for the business requirements.
- Worked as a Key member in SD configuration for Order management and Pricing.
- Defined and assigned the Sales Organization, Distribution Channels, Divisions, Sales Areas and Sales Groups.
- Creation and assignment of customized Item categories, Schedule line categories and In-completion procedures at header, item and schedule line levels.
- Extensively worked on custom condition types, access sequences, condition tables.
- Worked on communication structures in pricing and customer expected pricing: Tracking cumulative values with condition update, max/min order values, order quantities, number of sales orders and Pallet surcharge/discount.
- Provided support on clients SAP environment for SD module, suggested technical solutions and solved specific issues.
- Worked on Invoice Lists for each Billing Type created and maintained the Output for Invoice Lists
- Configured the Inter Company billing scenario for the Client specific requirements by defining the Order types and assigning the Organization units and defining the Internal Customer Number by Sales organization.
- Created testing strategies for unit testing and regression testing. Involved in testing of document postings, document reversals, invoices and payments.
- Tested house banks, bank accounts and posting rules for automatic assignments.
- Verified and validated that tests are conducted and documented according to the standards approved by management.
- In GL, tested business processes such as fast entry screens, posting, parking, reversals, holding and month end closings.
- Manually tested GL master records, field status groups and posting keys.
- Tested FICO transactions for field errors and missing data in SAP standard programs.
- Fixed issues with valuation areas for material ledger, maintained number ranges and assigned currency types to material ledger. Involved in integration of AP and AR modules with MM and SD modules respectively.
Confidential, New York, NY
SAP FICO Functional Consultant
Environment: SAP ECC 6.0
- SAP experience to include FICO, SD, MM, and PP modules. QM and HR module experience a plus.
- Presents, discusses and demos SAP Best Practices and Robotic Process Automation
- Responsible for project delivery, continuous improvement.
- Configuring and testing systems.
- Identify the Business requirements, Perform Gap Analysis and convert into Reporting solutions.
- Ability to think strategically and balance a broad range of internal and external factors when identifying problems, proposing solutions, and making decisions.
- Provided consulting to MM and FICO consultants for resolving LE issues from Transportation Planning configuration to Shipment Cost Settlement process.
- Configuring Revenue account determination, assignment of account keys and G/L accounts. Worked with FICO team to streamline revenue recognition.
- Configured all Text Types and Partner Functions as required to handle the Order-to-Cash process.
- Configured new Order Types, Delivery Types and Copy Rules.
- All processes, user procedures and system requirements which need to be extended to new company code are reviewed and analysed.
- Involved in configuration of company code, fiscal year variant, posting period variant, field status variant, document types, number ranges, tolerance groups and assigned them to company code.
- Extended global chart of accounts and corresponding assignments, account groups, field status variants.
- Defined reference accounts, sample accounts and account assignment models.
- Part of master data maintenance, special purpose ledgers, creating house banks, assigning bank accounts to house banks, bank reconciliation statements, and automatic payment program.
- Involved in Asset Accounting by creating chart of depreciation, screen layout rules, asset classes, depreciation areas and depreciation keys.
- Integrated asset accounting with general ledger after configuring asset master data, depreciation areas and depreciation keys.
- Involved in maintaining controlling area settings. Involved in integration testing of the accounting modules with SD and MM modules.
- Involved in testing the functionality and usability of the system from end user perspective. Assisted training team in development of training manual and documenting the daily activities.
Confidential, Boston, MA
SAP FICO Functional Analyst
Environment: SAP ECC 5.0
- Translated business requirements into SAP functional requirements and created Functional Design Specifications
- Interacted with the business leads and Users to understand the existing processes.
- Involved in preparation phase study with Core team members.
- Studied the legacy system and prepared the detailed document of AS-IS study.
- Involved in studying and understanding user requirements, analyzing the business processes, preparing the BPML (Business Process Master List) and Site Assessments.
- Worked on Customer Master Data Configuration and configured the Sales Areas by defining the Sales Organizations, distribution channels, divisions, sales groups and setting up the Sales areas.
- Configured the various Sales document types for Inquiries, Quotations and Sales Orders.
- Configured the Pricing procedures by defining and configuring various condition types, condition tables, access sequences and condition records.
- Configured the LE shipping by configuring the various functions like shipping conditions, route determination including the configuration of shipping types, modes of transport, routes and stages, transportation groups and loading groups.
- Worked on variant configuration by defining characteristics, creating classes, maintaining configuration profiles and dependencies. Maintained value assignment attributes for characteristics. Maintained variant conditions to define discounts for the materials.
- Worked on Cross-selling, Material determination and Item proposal.
- Integration of SD with MM and FI.
- Configured the billing documents, billing plan types and billing procedures - individual billing, periodic billing and collective billing.
- Documented the configuration changes and trained the end users.
- Provided the maintenance support of the module during Go Live period of implementation and post live operations.