- Extensive hands on experience in Financial Accounting (FI) including General Ledger (GL), New G/L, Asset Accounting (AA), Bank Accounting (BA), Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR) and Special Purpose Ledger.
- Expertise in Controlling consists of Cost Center Accounting (CCA), Profit Center Accounting (PCA), Profitability Analysis (PA), along with maintaining Distribution and Assessment cycles for settlement runs.
- Conversant with US GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles), IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards).
- Expertise in providing business with insights on workable scenarios for conversion from SAP ECC 6.0 to SAP S/4 HANA On - Premise Edition (System Conversion scenario, New Implementation scenario, System Landscape transformation).
- Expertise working on evaluation on possible scenarios to migrate and map customer & vendor master data in SAP ECC to Business partner in SAP S/4 HANA.
- Worked on cleansing inconsistencies in transactional data due to updates made by custom programs and 3rd party interfaces to move to S/4 HANA.
- Performed Test management task which includes test planning, preparing test strategy, design walkthroughs, providing recommendations and Test Results walk through and managing defect cycle and providing reports on daily basis to the PMO’s.
- Facilitated the UAT process and supported end users during UAT phases and Worked on defect life cycle for UAT defect.
- Experience in Mapping current state to future state, developed test scenarios, RICEFs, Conversion/Interfaces/validation plans, cutover, end user training and post go-live production support.
- Demonstrated ability to work both in independent and team-oriented environments with well-developed organizational skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills with problem solving ability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to present myself in a professional manner while speaking in public, to groups and via electronic media.
Confidential, Harrisburg, PA
SAP FI-CO Consultant in Full-Cycle Implementation
- Performed configuration and implementation of SAP financials such as New G/L creation and migration from G/L, Asset Accounting (AA), Bank Accounting (BA), Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR) and Special Purpose Ledger.
- Provided functional and configuration expertise in Cost Center Accounting, Product costing and Material Ledger.
- Involved in creating the scope document, the project plan (which included a projecting a go-live date) and the scope document for implementation.
- Defining employee and customer tolerance groups Configuration of Bills of Exchange and down payment process.
- Acting liaison with banks to clarify the requirements from both the client and banking sides. Configured Bank accounting which was responsible for creation of house banks and Payment Program which handled the transactions between COPA and the related Banks (on-shore and off-shore).
- Analyzed requirement for processing inter-company AR & AP transactions. Created initial specification for configuring and implementing inter-company workflow (Dataflow-requirements, transactions).
- Working with the Treasury consultant on interfacing the workflow between the Treasury department with those of the Accounts Payable Department.
- Assisted Vendor Master team dataflow from MM to FI. Performed cleanup and validation of vendor’s bank details for over 7,000 vendors paid via wire worldwide.
- Facilitated the training of team members on handling workflows related to Accounts payable; which includes FI-AP and MM-LIV invoice entry and validation, exception handling and the different payment program.
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
SAP FI-CO Consultant in Full-Cycle Implementation
- On-hand experience with full cycle implementation of SAP FI subsequently after gathering business process information, compiling the AS-IS, TO-BE and GAP analysis. Performed assessment of business requirements and mapped the workflow with SAP functionality.
- Configured New G/L, AP/AR & Banking - Document Splitting, Segment Reporting, Special purpose Ledger, Document types, Posting Keys, analyzing of open items and clearing of goods receipt/invoice receipt (GR/IR) accounts.
- Assisted team in Asset Management that included creating Fixed Assets, Group Assets, Assets Class, Post Periodic Assets, and Asset Acquisitions. Maintained Depreciations, Chart of Depreciation, Depreciation Area, Fiscal Year Variant, Number range, and reviewed various Fixed Assets Accounts.
- Built custom transaction that allowed systemic match between a searchable list of goods receipts and vendor invoice information entered into the screen. Developed custom programs with the help of Computer Engineers to automate retro transaction processes to reduce human intervention, hence reducing intermittent errors.
- Coordinating the integration workflow of FI/CO with SD, MM, based on functional requirements, automatic account assignment, maintaining the revenue account determinations & revenue recognition further used for integrating AR-SD.
- Conducted user-testing after the implementation and neatly documenting possible errors which would occur with possible steps to troubleshoot them if stumbled upon. Assisted end-users with application by volunteering in training sessions.
Confidential, Walnut Creek, CA
SAP Finance Consultant in Production Support
- Configured and customized FI module from ground which included- creating Chart of Accounts, Account Groups, Templates for Configuring Recurring Entries in GL Postings, Document Types, Number Ranges, Tolerance Groups, Field Status Groups, Posting Keys, Document Reversals, Invoices and Payments, Account assignment models to name a few.
- Defined employee and customer tolerance groups, configuration of Bills of Exchange and down payment process. Created primary and secondary cost elements and cost element groups.
- Configuring Tolerance limits for customers and managed A/R reconciliation account for sub-ledgers for customers.
- Assisted SD team in dataflow of order types, pricing conditions and formulate credit master data for customers.
- Configured dunning program and associated functionalities for different company codes.
- Acted as middleman for interfacing dataflow between team and ABAP developer to generate report formatting objects for report followed by technical information (tables fields) and testing.
- Volunteered in documenting operation manual for end-user on FI-GL, AR and AP processes.
- Assisting Project Leader in management of internal and external matters related to global SAP implementation.
- Accountable for all tasks related to the creation and maintenance of training materials. Also accountable for the delegation and completion of all tasks relating to training materials.
Confidential, Bengaluru, IN
SAP FI-CO Consultant in Production Support
- Responsible for defining, building & maintaining SAP configuration necessary to support business scenarios and processes in Finance & Controlling.
- Analyzed functional, technical needs and identified gaps in the business process workflow. Suggested alternative solutions to existing design.
- Providing functional and configuration expertise in the implementation of SAP CO modules COPA, Internal Orders, Cost Center Accounting, Product costing and Material Ledger.
- Setting-up of Customer Master Records at Company code level and Sales area level to facilitate creation of one-time accounts, alternate payee and trading partners.
- Developed test plans, test cases, testing scenarios and conducted integration testing of dataflow between SAP FI/CO, SD (Sales Orders, Deliveries, Billing, and Shipping) and MM (Purchase Orders, Goods Delivery, Invoice) modules.
- Configuring multiple financial statement versions for internal and external financial reporting.
- Developed functional specification for Interfaces, Enhancements, Forms and Reports for custom developments along with performing their testing and providing support
- Assisted the onsite testing team in performing functionality testing specially on FI-CO’s integration with MM, SD. Further assisted in documenting the operations manual for end-user
Junior SAP FI Consultant
- Involved in Preparing business blueprint which involved identification of data conversion and interfaces needed for data handling and storage.
- Collaborated in working with the key users in the documentation of “AS-IS process”. Performed data validation and account determination for mapping of the processes on to the SAP ECC system.
- Performed the Gap analysis with realization of open issues and design of best fit functionalities and Educated the client on FI-CO information workflow with inter-company processing details.
- Implementation and maintenance of FI-AR, FI-AP master data of customers and vendors.
- Performed conversion of year dependent period to calendar month period. I was involved in period-end, year-end closing activities and month-end closing process as well.
- Prepared monthly, quarterly general ledger account reconciliations. Prepared schedule and provide support to our external auditors.
SAP Financials: S4 HANA Finance, GL/ New GL, Accounts Payable, Accounts ReceivableBank and Asset Accounting.
SAP Controlling: Cost Element, Cost Center and Profit Center Accounting, Product Costing and Profitability Analysis.
Operating Systems: Windows, Mac, Linux.: SAP Interfaces:
IDOCs, ALE, BAPIs, EDI, .net connectors.: JIRA, HP QC ALM, SQL DBA, ODBA, MSOffice suite (Word, Power point, Excel, Outlook), Report Painter, Report Writer, Solution Manager.
Languages: C/C++, SQL, HTML, Python
Databases: Oracle, MSSQL, MySQL, SAP BW, SAP HANA.