- Around 10 Years of Functional experience in SAP FI/CO, supporting in Business Process re - engineering and Implementation Versions from SAP R/3 Version 4.6C to ECC 6.0 and HANA.
- 4 full life cycle(E2E) implementations of SAP FI/CO starting from project preparation, business blueprint, realization, final preparation to go Live & support using ASAP methodology and 2 rollouts, enhancements, and 4 production supports and 1 S/4 Hanareconciliation, Testing projects.
- Specialties: SAP Financials General Ledger (including New GL), Banking, BRS, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable), Asset Management and Controlling (Cost Center Accounting, Profit Center Accounting, Internal Orders), Profitability Analysis and Product Costing modules, In House Cash, Banking, Treasury and Risk management.
- Requirement gathering, gap analysis, application design and configuration.
- Expertise in pre-implementation study, end-user training & preparing training manuals.
- Worked with Legacy System Migration Workbench tool (LSMW) for importing G/L, vendor and customer master data and transaction data from legacy system to SAP.
- Worked on project Upgrade from SAP R/3 4.6C to ECC 6.0.
- Involved in SAP 6.0 implementation of Global Rollout for Canada and Australia.
- Hands on experience using HP Quality Center (HPQC-11.00), and TAO.
- Extensive hands on experience in Financial Accounting (FI) including General Ledger (GL), Receivable (AR), BRS, Special Purpose Ledger and Treasury.
- Worked on business process procedures, from RTR (Record to Report), PTP procurement of material to payment of vendors - MIGO, MIRO and Logistic Invoice Verification (LIV).
- Experience in configuration of Automatic Payment Run, Lockbox configuration, Positive Pay, W2, Banks Accounting & Electronic Bank Statement (EBS) and Bank Reconciliation Statement (BRS).
- Highly experienced in the Integration of FI with SD (Order to Cash) and FI with MM (Procure to pay) and RTR (Record to Report).
- Proficient in creating WRICEF functional documents for Financials and Controlling modules.
- Experienced in working with Taxation, VAT, withhold tax, Sales tax and 1099 reporting.
- Working knowledge of SAP BW, BO modules and reporting tools like Report Painter, Report Writer.
- Extensive experience in data transfers from CCA, EC-PCA, and Internal Orders for Profitability Analysis, Planning and Budgeting.
- Internal Orders, Product Costing (PC), Profitability Analysis (COPA), Profit Center Accounting (PCA) and Consolidation.
- Worked closely with business users and offshore ABAP developers to deliver cost-effective application systems to meet business needs.
- Ability to write detailed Business specifications for custom audit reports. Extensive Experience with designing, Configuring, testing & documenting of FI/CO Subcomponents in SAP versions ECC 6.0 & ECC 6.5 including Opentext (VIM).
- Specific focus is on S/4 HANA as applied to Finance (FI) and Controlling (CO), Simple Finance AKA S/4 HANA Finance Version 1610 and Process Integration areas of SAP.
- Strong SAP Experience in Gap-analysis, Blue Printing, Functional Specs documentation, Prototyping, Detailed Configuration, Training Documentation, Testing, Data Uploading, Preparing the Cutover Strategy, go live Implementation, Troubleshooting Cross Module Customization Issues.
- Experience in developing documentation for Test Plans and Test Cases based on the Design Document and User Requirement Document.
- Conducted training sessions and provided end user training.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and experience in working with business users as well as senior management.
ERP: SAP R/3 4.7, ECC 5.0, ECC 6.0, S/4 HANA
Methodologies: ASAP Methodology, Solution Manager, Service Now
Operating System: Window NT/2000/XP/Vista, Windows 7,8,10
Applications: MS-Office Suite, MS-Outlook, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
Functional Skill: FI/CO, MM, SD
Database Skill: MS- Access, STATA, SAS Programming
SAP FICO Consultant
Confidential, Santa Clara, CA
- Provide primary support for different modules in SAP Finance including Accounts Payable (AP), General Ledger (GL), Asset Accounting (AA), and Human Resource (HR).
- Responsible for solving complex problems and design, test and implement solutions for the SAP FI module.
- Support for various interfaces like Blackline, Concur and Fieldglass which are linked with SAP.
- System configuration and testing in the areas of FI-GL-transactions, Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss for inter-company transactions.
- Support internal customers / end-users with SAP issues, resolve issues and provide excellent customer service to our internal staff.
- Handle reporting requests by analyzing the requirements, preparing functional specifications, working with developers and testing new reports and changes in ECC environment.
- Assist business with month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing operations as needed.
- Manages CAR form and asset related issues and change the master data as per user request through LSMW.
- Work with Business and IT partners on enhancements, changes, and fixes new system implementations and providing day to day support.
- Provide estimations for the work necessary to implement enhancements requested by business users. Conduct unit testing and integration testing for break/fix and enhancement.
- Work with business users to gather FICO requirements, configure SAP systems, test new functionality, and provide on-going support.
- Fixed Assets module: Setting up depreciation charts and Areas, Asset classification, defining GL accounts for FA integration with FI, performing depreciation run and Migration of Fixed Assets across Company Codes.
- Identifying and defining ‘House banks’ and Bank Accounts, setting up bank Groups to meet the client’s project needs and to help optimize bank selection in automatic and manual payment program.
- Setup of New Financial Statement versions i.e. Balance sheet, Cash Flow, Income Statement and Multiple Currencies.
- In Cost Center Accounting, created Cost Centers, Cost Center Groups, maintained Cost Center Standard Hierarchy, assigned Cost Centers to respective Profit Centers. Configured Activity Types, Assessment and Distribution Cycles.
- Develop, design, test and validate SAP configuration/customizing related to new business processes developed as part of the business process improvement initiatives.
- Manages implementation of new systems, upgrades, service packs, fixes, enhancements, and process changes by coordinating and conducting testing with IT and end users to ensure applications are functioning.
- Configured the Automatic Payment Program(APP), to enable wire, ACH, check and lockbox payments. Defined and implemented void reason codes.
- UAT support for business testing users, fixing UAT issues.
- Understand the pain points in current business process and provide workaround and resolution for process improvement
- Create and/or support creation of integration/user acceptance test scenarios and scripts as well as facilitate and provide direct support for user testing.
- Effectively manages scope and client expectations on individual assignments and follows through on all assignments and takes ownership of customer issues.
- Additionally, work with various developers, report writers and system analysts to assist in a variety of general support task.
- Assists the business users with activities related to software change requests, including creation and execution of test scripts to test business functionality.
- Quickly diagnose, perform root cause analysis, and resolve production issues and analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to improve existing systems.
SAP FICO Consultant
Confidential, Central Islip, NY
- Configured chart of accounts, account groups, field status groups, and posting keys, assigned these variants to company codes, created GL Master records, reconciliation accounts for sub-ledgers, document types, number ranges, invoices and payments, BRS, tolerance groups, automatic account assignments, GR/IR, FA, GL display (line item layouts, special fields, sort variants, totals variants) and financial statement version.
- Created own LSMW template and BDC recording thru T-code KE21N and uploaded the line items.
- Conducted GAP analysis, document findings, evaluated scope of studies & suggested solutions through SAP for implementation and customization.
- Configured the new GL functionality (standard company hierarchy, account groups, accounts for company codes, fiscal year variant, field status variant and posting period variant, implementation of parallel accounting methods and document splitting), AP, AR
- Provided appropriate solutions to the end-user reporting and training needs.
- Work closely with programmers and software developers to in corporate solutions for system or client issues.
- Analyzed FICO related trouble tickets, and user tickets, discussed with the Business Users, determined the RCA and resolved them in timely manner.
- Provided leadership and guidance during the legacy data conversion and the reconciliation process.Configured the New General Ledger Accounting.
- Worked on Electronic Bank Statement (EBS), ERS, and BRS, Positive pay, ACH payments and Wire Transfer, liquidity forecast and configuring and customizing multiple payment methods and automatic clearing and prepare audit reports.
- Made necessary settings for the account assignment model for Recurring and Periodic entries, Bank master data, EDI, ERS and House Banks for the payment program and RTR.
- Managed on-time delivery, project plan, coordinated with the offshore team.
- Involves the planning, design and implementation of data management, data archiving and system optimization solutions implementation with document splitting and parallel ledger features. Completed Integration Testing and User Training
- Used Collection management in FSCM to ensure faster collection of delinquent payments. Resolved accounts receivable disputes faster and more systematically through prioritized collection management.
- Maintain documentation for reference by regulators, auditors and management, DME processing.
- Helped in the month-end closing process in the areas where the user community needed help in reporting and in the reconciliation of COPA to FI.
- Trained the SAP users on the usage on day to day AP/AR activities.Worked on test scenarios, allowing integrated tests of the process flows in OpenText Vendor Invoice Management (VIM).
- Activated the Material Ledger for posting the MIRO & MIGO Transactions, GR/IR transitions.
- Configured Business Process Flow, Implementing Work Status, RTR (Record to Report) Creating and assigning BPC security objects, SOX compliance - tasks, teams, data access profiles etc.
- Integration expert for integrating the entire Purchase-2-Pay business process: Creation and maintenance of vendor master records. Vendor transaction processing (including payments) Integrated Invoice verification & Outgoing payment process.
- Created a Wed Dynpro Development Standards Document for Confidential and also created Web Dynpro Check List.
- Involved numerous customer-facing activities and user requirement meeting to develop data archiving specifications, establish data retention policies, user access requirements.
- Working with Development of Web Dynpro Components for CONCORD REALIZATION and GAT 2.0 for Confidential for integrating them onto the Portal.
- Configured the posting keys, and defined templates for recurring entries/ posting in GL accounts. AR - customer transactions, Master data, Payment terms.
- Managed on-time delivery, project plan, coordinated with the offshore team.
- Work closely with programmers and software developers to in corporate solutions for system or client issues.
- Created a SAP Business Workflow for HR (PA) for Absence Approval/Rejection business process.
- Configuration Vendor Account Groups, Vendor Master Groups EDI. House Banks, Bank accounts, Check lots, Reason codes, Automatic Payments Programs (APP), recurring entries, invoices, credit memos, etc.
SAP FICO Consultant
Confidential, Irvine, CA
- Created 40+ new company codes right from requirement gathering, configuration, testing, and documentation to go live.
- Configured In House Cash (IHC), House Banks, Treasury settings for multiple company codes. Created House Banks, bank accounts(BRS), ranking order, automatic payments, term of payments, payment methods.
- Implementation of Plant Abroad Scenarios during EU roll out.
- Re-configured Product costing setup with activation of enhancements and equalization user exits and provided technical expertise for carrying out annual cost roll for both in-house materials as well as subcontracted materials.
- Installed, Implemented and customized OpenText Vendor Invoice Management(VIM) & Invoice Capture Center (ICC) 7.0 SP3 and DME file processing.
- Configuration and implementation of data management and archiving strategies in the GR/IR, Finance, Cost Control, Sales and Distribution, Material Management.
- Extracting Master data & transactions data to Non - R3 format, clean up data, mapping interfaces, loading data into SAP format (IDOC) and testing loaded data.
- Worked on Scanning and Imaging of Invoices as part of Open Text Vendor Invoice Management (VIM) and Evaluated Receipt Settlement (ERS) also.
- MM integration with CO along with GR/IR concept of postings and clearing from MM and FI perspective MIRO invoice posting.
- Involved in data extraction and conversion between BPC and non-ERP systems with extractors and ETL tools.
- Ariba Downstream capabilities including Ariba Procure to Pay, Ariba Procurement Content, Ariba Invoice Management, Payment Management and Discount Management.
- Workshop on the New GL features along with Document splitting (Profit Center). Demonstrated the Document splitting concepts with relevant examples and an online demo.
- Implementation planning for Confidential 1610 Central Finance implementation - Central Ledger, MDG, SLT configurations. Trained the SAP users on the usage on day to day AP/AR, BRS activities.
- Good working knowledge of the Central Finance scenario in Simple Finance in a distributed system landscape in SAP S4 HANA. Configuration of SAP CRM with SAP S/4 Hana Finance and SAP Solutions.
- Creation and enhancement of SAP S4 HANA 1610 Web-based applications with emphasis on data modeling.
- Led the various phases of SAP S4 HANA 1610 Enterprise Management Implementation using ASAP methodology.
- Performs complex SAP ABAP design, development, testing, and debugging work related to the implementation, enhancement, and support of SAP modules.
- Involved in designing SAP Simple Finance solution for client on SAP S/4HANA platform and implementing the S4Hana 1610 (SFin 2.0) on premises edition.
- Logging EMC support tickets, gather the data they require, applying patches for other 3rd party plug-ins etc.
- Lead the technical design and implementation of all HR and Payroll projects, enhancements and system support and to the extent possible Treasury and Cash Management and SOX.
- Configuration experience with Vertex and Tax ware 3rd party tools.
- Assisted to complete tax setup for Vertex tax software solution Assist in the implementation of Vertex Indirect Tax Software O Series 6.0 from infancy to its current Go-Live state.
- Configure SAP FICO systems to meet client business requirements, including connection points with RTR (Record to Report) SD (Sales and Distribution), PP (Production Planning), MM (Materials Management) and other modules and implementation of SAP best practices, SAP AR and FI.
- Hybris billing including convergent charging and the invoicing billing process and integrations to FICA and revenue recognition, Finance Subject Matter Expert (SME), participates in projects.
- Researches and resolves production support issues with SOX compliance, coordinate developments, provide technical support, contribute to overall software architecture and process solutions for SAP S4 HANA.
- Provide technical and business process expertise to enhancements or changes with collaboration with IS business partners in FI (Finance), CO (Controlling), AM (Asset Management), and to the extent possible Treasury and Cash Management.
SAP FICO Production Support
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
- Analyzed the AS-IS system, performed gap analysis and designed the TO-BE system
- Provide Production Support for the Financial Accounting - General Ledger, Accounts Payable(AP), and Accounts Receivable(AR), bank accounting, Asset accounting and for Controlling - Cost Center Accounting, Profit Center Accounting, Cost Element Accounting, Fixed Assets(FA), BRS, RTR and Product Costing in SAP Application for AstraZeneca - US and Canada, Medimmune Biologics - US, UK, and Europe, and IPR Pharmaceuticals - Puerto Rico.
- Design, implement and deliver business processes within the FICA functional area, including high-volume customer financials management with SAP IS-U and fund management using SAP Funds Management (PSCD).
- Presented the salient features, and enhancements in ECC 6.0, including the New GL concepts and Document splitting functions
- Product Costing (COPC): Configuring Material Cost Estimate with and without Quantity Structure, Maintained Settlement Structures, Configuring Variance Calculations and WIP Calculation, Setting of Activity and Maintaining Planning for Overhead Cost and Integrating COPC with SD, MM and COPA, Cost Variants, Valuation Variants
- Worked on customer transactions, Master data, New Payment terms, Cash application, Lockbox processing, Mapping Bank Lockbox format with Sap lockbox format, customizing payment advice notes on Accounts Receivable (A/R).
- Integration aspects between CATS (time)- PS- SD (DIP profile, resource related billing, pricing procedure) - FI/CO
- Designs, develops, codes, and tests complex programs for SAP modules and functions using ABAP programming language.
- Troubleshooting, performance monitoring & analysis, HANA, ERP, experience with mainframe, DB2, Oracle, Wintel, Unix, Linux.
- Worked with service order creation on CRM side which is tending to generate the internal order on ECC side. And worked on automatic GL document posting enhancement along with the labor cost enhancement in cost analysis.
- Configuring and Customizing Primary and Secondary Cost Element in Cost Element Accounting, Creation Cost Centers in Cost Center Accounting.
- Assist in resolving issues related to transmission of electronic documents via the Ariba Network and Ariba On Demand solutions
- Integration expert for CO-CRM (Controlling integration with CRM). Configured the integration path between Customer relationship management module and Controlling. Created activity types and cost elements and worked on the profitability analysis.
- Developed, Maintained and Supported the GAT 1.0 Web Dynpro development.
- Worked with developers to design and test various interfaces between SAP and outside systems including Vertex tax bolt-on software vendor and bank related interfaces. Vendor interfaces included invoice uploads using BDC and EDI functionality
- Convey leading practices using standard SAP FSCM - Credit Management .
- Update and maintain dimensions and hierarchies and data elements in BPC.
- In Profit Center Accounting maintained the basic setting, created hierarchy, dummy profit centers, Profit center master data, profit center groups, activity types, and extracted reports.
- Create R& D Internal Order, Set Planner Profile, plan costs for R& D order, Check Settlement Rules, Execute Settlement of planned costs for R& D order, Confirm Correct Settlement
- Configuration of PS-revenue recognition (Results Analysis, settlement) process.
- Provided configuration support in MM, ML and SD integration for account determination.
- Worked Closely with Various Cross Functional Teams in the areas of Procurement, Order to Cash, and Supply Chain Management modules and provide the required assistance with the Financial Configuration in the SAP Application for better integration.
- Developed functional specifications for various RICEFW objects identified to address the GAP’s in standard SAP in fulfilling business requirements.
- Developed and maintained new reports in Report painter
SAP FICO Consultant
Confidential, Carrollton, TX
- Worked in all phases of ASAP Methodology; Project Preparation, Business Blue-Printing, Realization, Final Preparation and Go-Live & Support. Interacted with end users to understand the process flow and suggested improvements.
- Configuration for Product Costing (CO-PC) which includes Cost Defining and maintaining activities, defining Input & Output/Price setting for Activities.
- Involved in data migration from legacy systems to SAP through LSMW. Extracting Master data & transactions data to Non - R3 format, clean up data, mapping interfaces, loading data into SAP format (IDOC) and testing loaded data.
- Troubleshooting, performance monitoring & analysis, HANA, ERP, experience with mainframe, DB2, Oracle.
- Configured for vendors subject to withholding tax, interest calculations on item \ balance interest calculation, number ranges for forms, interest on arrears, account balance calculation on account balances / line items and Bank (BRS) Electronic Statement
- Configured and customized integration links between FI/CO/SD/MM/ML/PP/RTR to optimize transaction processing
- Creates specialized audit reports for SAP modules using ABAP programming languages.
- Defined and assigned reconciliation ledgers and maintaining accounts for automatic reconciliation posting.
- Developed a Web Dynpro (ABAP) for Scrap Initiator and Scrap approver along with workflow.
- In Cost Center Accounting (CO-CCA) created the cost centers and maintained the Standard hierarchy, assigned cost centers to cost elements. Configured Activities, Statistical Key Figures
- Developed cost sheet, cycles, segments for cost center distributions and assessment to allocate manufacturing overhead cost to cost objects. Configured settlements, cost splits for Activity Price calculations. Setup internal orders and cost collector configuration
- In Internal Orders configured various internal order types, setup status profile for order type, maintained settlement rules, internal order planning, and budget profile and set up tolerances for budget cost. defined the settlement rules, and used internal order with AUC /Capital investment projects
- In Profit Center Accounting maintained the basic setting, created hierarchy, dummy profit centers, Profit center master data, profit center groups, activity types, etc. and extracted audit reports using PCA
- In Asset Management configured asset classes, master depreciation and other business transactions. Fixed asset accounting, reconcile asset management to GL.
SAP FICO Functional Consultant
Confidential, Findlay OH
- Defined Automatic Payment Program, check management, defined settings for invoices and credit memos.
- Worked on costing variant component: Define Costing Variant, Costing Type, Valuation Variant, Date Control, Quantity Structure Control, and configured variance calculation.
- Configuration of Product Costing (CO-PC), including defining settlement profile, Assessment Cycle and distribution and various activities, AP, AR and fixed Assets.
- Created Standard Cost Estimate, Mark and Release, Costing Run
- Designed the month-end process for Overhead, WIP, variance, settlement process
- Created of Assessment Cycles, Costing Sheet and Activity type
- Customized and tested the account assignment, screen layout rules and number ranges for the asset classes, created depreciation keys like ordinary depreciation, special depreciation and imputed depreciation.
- Developed, configured and tested the electronic bank statement, cash management and lockbox procedure.
- Configured area of AP-house banks, recurring entries, document splitting, accruals, deferrals and areas of AR-dunning, interest calculation and credit management.
- Web Dynpro (ABAP)-based application to handle order submission and order tracking.
- Defined Controlling areas within the company, assigned number ranges to controlling area, maintained versions, maintained Budget Profile, Planning Profile and Planning Versions in controlling, created various Cost center and Profit center hierarchies, CO object assignments, Substitution and Validations, configured Primary & Secondary manual and auto Cost Elements
- Configured Operating concern attributes and the CO-PA Settlement Structure with the settlement rules to populate the values in the value fields in CO-PA.
- Configured Profit Center Accounting, maintained profit center standard hierarchy, Exchange rate types, Distribution, assessment of costs and statistical key figures.
- In Profitability Analysis (CO-PA) configured costing-based CO-PA, assisted client in design and configuration of PA structures, including decisions on characteristics, key figures, derivation rules and settlement to CO-PA
- Used CO-PA to report profitability by Customer, Product and Market. Created P & L statements CO-PA reporting tools
SAP FICO Analyst
- Worked on New GL in the areas of parallel accounting, document splitting and real-time integration between FI and CO.
- Configured Withholding taxes, payment advices, valuation, financial statement versions and cross company code transactions.
- Configured asset classes, depreciation areas, assigned company codes to depreciation areas, created screen layouts and number ranges, configured depreciation keys, parallel valuation of assets, depreciation run, periodic depreciation posting and error handling, involved in uploading of asset data using LSMW.
- Simulated asset reports, asset history sheets and depreciation to provide desired reports to the local accounting team; Customized ABAP Z-reports for displaying asset account balances and developed special reporting capability for monthly depreciation forecast for future years.
- Involved in the maintenance of GL Master Records, Tolerance groups, Reversal of documents, Document types and Posting keys, AP, AR and BRS.
- Worked on Customer Master Records, New payment terms, reason codes, Lock Box Program Cash application, Credit Management and closing operations in Account Receivables (AR) and Vendors(AP) also.
- Involved in the entire Consolidation (ECCS) process which involves collection, Preparation of reported financial data, and the consolidation of the financial data
- Prepared business process flow charts and conducting workshops with business process owners to sign each process before moving to another phase and getting conformation about the same.
- Customized and configured the GL, creation of master data - chart of accounts, GL posting and reversal of documents.
- Configured recurring entries, special GL transactions-down payments.
- Defined EBS, lock box processing program, configured Lock Box processing at banks, worked on liquidity forecast, cash management and cash journal.