- 7 years of IT experience including SAP configuration, implementation, customizing, integration and testing experience with an emphasis on FICO SAP R/3 version 4.0B ~ 4.7C, ECC 5.0 & ECC 6.0.
- Three full life cycles implementations experience with ASAP methodology.
- Experience with all major areas of FI including New General Ledger, Taxations, Asset Management, Bank Accounting, Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable and major areas of CO including Internal Order, Cost Center Accounting, and Profit Center Accounting.
- Conducted Unit, Functional, Integration, User Acceptance and Regression Testing across different modules.
- Brief knowledge about other modules in SAP like MM, SD and PP.
- Participated in Configurations, Upgrades, Roll-Outs, Supports and Training phases.
- Knowledge of data migration tools using BDC, LSMW and CATT.
- Trained end-users in accounts receivable and accounts payable, the functionality on various areas like payment terms, manually processing incoming/outgoing invoices/payments, automatic payment program, credit memo processing and reconciliation accounts in the GL.
- Thorough understanding of the relationship between various SAP modules (FI/CO, SRM 5.0, SD, MM, and PP) and of overall business processes such as order-to-cash and purchase-to-pay (P2P) and Make to Order.
- Strong accounting and business process knowledge.
- Good foundation in software skills along with the understanding of accounting and business processes, communication skills, multitasking and the ability to prioritize goals.
- Collaborated work independently or in a team and worked effectively across technical teams to ensure communication and co-ordination of the solution and its delivery.
- High learning curve with the ability to embrace new tools and technologies with ease and to seamlessly integrate skill set into the project implementation life cycle.
Environment: SAP R/3 4.0B ~ 4.7, ECC 5.0 and ECC 6.0.
SAP Financials: General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Banks, and Asset Accounting.
SAP Controlling: Cost Center Accounting, Profit Center Accounting and Internal Order.
Related Skills: Solution Manager, Uperform, Infopack, HP Quality Center and Advanced MS Office suite.
Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/XP/7, Windows NT, MAC OS X Tiger/Leopard/Lion, UNIX and Linux, Sun Solaris, and MS DOS.
Languages: C, C++, SQL, Java, HTML.
Database: SQL Server, MS Access, MS Office and MS Excel.
Web: HTML, XML, Adobe Photoshop and Flash.
Bachelors in Computer Science
Confidential, Chattanooga, TN Dec' 11 - Till Date
Role: SAP FI/CO Functional Consultant
SAP R/3 4.6B, ECC 6.0(FI - GL, AP, AR, CO- CCA, PC)
Description: Confidential, Group is a Germanmultinationalautomotive manufacturing group headquartered inWolfsburg. It is the world's second-largest motor vehicle manufacturer by 2011 unit sales and the largest based in Europe.
- Involved in Configuration and Customization of Business Areas. Create Business Areas, Assign Business Areas to the Controlling Area, Assign Cost Centers to the Business Areas created, and Assign Company Code to the Business Areas.
- In Product Costing responsible for resolving a production issue related to WIP calculation; to separate the WIP calculation by components like labor, material and overheads. Configured the necessary changes in cost component structure, created the secondary cost elements and assigned them to the line IDs, tested and transported to the Production.
- In the Cost Center Accounting Involved in creating Cost Center Standard Hierarchy, Cost Centers, Activity Types, Statistical Key Figures and Document Numbers. Assign Cost Centers to the Company Code.
- In Accounts Payable involved in customization and configuration of the Vendor Master Records including Vendor groups, Screen layouts, Number ranges and assigning authorizations for users.
- In Accounts Receivable involved in customization and configuration of Customer Master Records including Customer groups, Screen layouts, Number ranges, Credit Management and actual postings.
- Customized and configured the Payment terms and Dunning Procedures for Customers.
- Involved in Configuring Settings for Controlling Areas.
- Involved in activating the Components/ Indicators, Assigning the Company Codes to Controlling Areas, Involved in assigning number ranges.
- In Cost Element Accounting involved in defining both primary and secondary cost elements, activating the reconciliation ledger, and maintaining accounts for automatic reconciliation posting.
- In the Cost Center Accounting created Cost Center Standard Hierarchy, Cost Centers, Activity Types, Statistical Key Figures and Document Numbers
Confidential, Arlington, VA Feb' 11 - Nov' 11
Role: SAP FICO Functional Consultant
(Inter-company AR & AP, IO, CCA and PCA) SAP ECC 6.0
Description: AES Corporation is a global company providing a broad range of power products such as from coal to gas, wind, hydro and biomass.
- Implemented multiple projects. Developed and maintained the configuration and functional design documents.
- Configured IO, CCA, and PCA. Developed LSMW program to upload cost centers, profit centers, and inter-company customers and vendors' data from legacy system to target system.
- Configured Inter-company AR & AP. Defined tax on sales and purchases - setup tax jurisdiction code, define tax jurisdiction, defined tax account, and assign tax code for non-taxable transactions.
- Involved in the RICEFW objects developments. Wrote Functional Specification for several custom reports in BW & ECC, tested and delivered accordingly as per client requirements.
- Involved in all phases of the development cycle, starting from business process definition, configuration, unit, functional, integration and regression testing, assistance and follow-up with user testing, co-ordination of transports to Production, training, post go-live support and enhancements.
- Extensive use of Solution Manager (SOLMAN) during all phase of implementation.
Confidential, Dallas, Texas May' 10 - Jan' 11
Role: Sr. SAP FICO Functional Consultant
(GL, AR, AP, Banking, AM, IO, CCA, PCA, & Report Painter) SAP R/3 4.0 & 4.6
Description: Cadbury is a leading global confectionery company with an outstanding portfolio of chocolate, gum and candy brands.
- Production support in the areas of GL, AR, AP, AM, Banking, IO, CCA, and PCA.
- Involved in the GL account restructuring (Blocked changed and created new GL to the chart of Accounts).
- Configured the assessment and distribution cycle as per requirements.
- Assigned Chart of Depreciation for new companies. Created new asset classes and account determination. Assignment to organizational unit - Plant, Cost center and profit center. Setup validation rule for asset class and depreciation key combination.
- Involved in Month end closing. Demo and training of business users on various modules.
Confidential, Detroit, MI Feb' 09 - Apr' 10
Role: FICO Functional Consultant
(GL, AP, AR, Banking, AM, IO, CCA, PCA, & Report Painter), SAP R/3 Enterprise 4.6
Description: Confidential, is engaged in developing, manufacturing, distributing and selling a range of automotive products, mainly passenger cars, trucks, vans and buses. The Company also provides financial and other services relating to its automotive businesses.
- Production support in the areas of GL, AR, AP, Banking, AM, IO, CCA, PCA, and Report Painter.
- Configured and customized settings for new company codes as per client requirements.
- Created House Bank, Bank Master Data, and GL account for each bank account. Defined new account groups for vendors and customers and edited the field status as per the client requirements. And, created new Reconciliation accounts for these groups. Defined new payment terms.
- Configured new Internal Order Types and other necessary settings as per client requirements.
- Maintained over head group defined costing sheet, assigned costing sheet to the controlling area, and defined cost component structure to make necessary changes to Product Costing sub module.
Confidential, Portland, OR Dec' 07 - Jan' 09
Role: SAP FICO consultant (AP & AR) SAP R/3 Enterprise 4.6
Description: ESI supplies high value, high-technology manufacturing equipment to the global electronics market. ESI manufactures advanced laser system to be used by semiconductor manufacturers in the repair of dynamic random access memory (DRAM).
- Configured business transactions for Accounts Payable and Account Receivables including the Payment Program configuration to generate the Payment Advice notes and to print the checks to make the payment for all Account Payables that are due, clearing of vendor and customer accounts that are due Items, Bank Master Data, House Banks for Payment Program, and Credit Management.
- Configuring the House Banks, G/L accounts for Bank accounts
Confidential, Mumbai, India Sep' 05 - Nov' 07
Role: SAP FI/CO Functional Consultant
SAP R/3, Version 4.6B
Description: Larsen & Toubro Limited is India\'s largest engineering and construction conglomerate with additional interests in IT, cement and electrical business. A strong, customer-focused approach and the constant quest for top-class quality have enabled the Company to attain and sustain leadership position for over six decades.
- As a member of the SAP (FI-CO) team, responsibilities included design, configuration, testing and re-engineering of various functionalities in FI and CO modules.
- Configured and tested General Ledger Accounts (GL), AP, AR and assigned different processing keys as required.
- Interacted with client to define General Ledger (GL) account groups and assigned number ranges to these account groups.
- Supported user community for all finance related modules.
- Maintained Master Data for Cost Center Accounting, Profit Center Accounting, GeneralLedger, Internal Orders, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable modules.
- Configure House bank.
- Configure cost centers, controlling area and standard hierarchy for controlling area.
Account assignment in cost accounting and define base method.
- Configure operating concerns and Profit center.
- Configure Asset Management by create chart of depreciation area, Fixed Assets including chart of depreciation, Asset classes, Depreciation keys and automatic running of depreciation.
- Configure tax codes and assigning G/L account for tax. .
- Configured Accounts Receivable (AR) and sample ledger accounts. Defined tolerance groups, tolerance for employees, customers and vendors and maintained initial settings and recurring entries.
- Defined customer account groups and created customer master data for accounts receivable.
- Configured automatic payment program for outgoing payments for company codes in Accounts Payable (AP).
- Performed Lockbox configuration.