SAP NW 2004s BI Consultant
- Over 9 years of experience in IT Industry which includes 7 years of SAP experience with 6+ Years of experience as SAP BW/BI Consultant using BW3.5/BI7.0 and 3+ Years experience as SAP ECC/R/3.
- Aware of core industry's Business functions and Business models like Finance, Banking, Manufacturing, Pharmaceuticals and Retail.
- Involved in 3 full life cycle BW implementations along with other Post-Implementation and Post Maintenance projects in SD MM and FI/CO functional areas.
- Experience in implementing, configuration and solving module-level issues (FI-CO, FI-SL, PCA, SCM, Purchasing, LO, BPS, IP and BPC Outlook soft) and Project conflicts and able to resolve them appropriately in time.
- Proficient in Analyzing and activating appropriate Business Content for the solution.
- BI Architecture, Extended Star-Schema, Multi Dimensional Modeling, Data Flow Strategy, Defining Dimensions, Info Cubes, Multi-Cubes, Info Source, Info Package, Data source, Info Objects, ODS (DSO), Update rules, Update routines, Transfer rules, Process Chains and Event management for Automation process, Transformations, DTP and OHD in BI 2004s.
- Extensive experience in BI Accelerator, Bex Broadcaster, ETL Interface and Info Cube Remodeling, Information broadcasting.
- Expertise in front-end Business Warehouse Bex components like Queries, Web reporting, calculated key figures, restricted key figures, Structures, Variables, Workbooks.
- Worked on BI Up gradation Project from Version BW 3.5 to Version BI 7.0.
- Involved in the Performance Tuning of Data Loads of the BW system while loading Info Cubes, ODS Objects and Tuning of Queries using Aggregates, Table partitioning, Indexing and Compression.
- Hands-on experience with ABAP coding to create complex update rules and transfer rules, to enhance the Business Content extractors and create generic R/3 extractors using views and function modules and developing customer exits etc.
- Documented Test Plans and complete Unit Testing of Developed Objects and Reports.Worked with Quality Assurance business resources to completeSystem and Integration Testing.
- Troubleshoot issues and follow up with SAP (OSS-Notes).
- Strong written and oral communication skills, combined with good interpersonal skills and ability to handle, meet deadlines for multiple assignments under high levels of pressure.
- BI NW2004s BI7.0 EHP1/BI 7.01 SP5/BW3.5: Data warehousing Workbench, Data Transfer Process, Real -Time Data Acquisition, Virtual Info providers, BI Accelerator, RSDDTPS , RCTCIMP, RSBICA, RSTT, Enhancement package1, Bex broadcaster, BOBJ Explorer 3.2
- Basis: Aggregates, Compression, partition, BW statistics, RSCUSTV14, RSRCACHE, RSRV, RSRT, RSRTRACE, RSDDSTAT, ST03/04.
- Security: Analysis Authorizations, Reporting Authorizations, user profile maintenance, Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Languages: ABAP, Web Dynpro, BADIs, SQL ,C++ ,JAVA , Unix -Shell Script
- ETL / Reporting tools: Business Objects XI R2/R3 ,Financial Consolidation ,Crystal reports and Xcelsius Engage,Pole Star, Voyager, Data Federator, Ascential Data stage , Mercator, ,Informatica , Cognos integration ,Hyperion Essbase, SSRS
- RDBMS and OS: Oracle 10g/9i/ 8i/7.3, SQL Server 2005/2000, DB2 UDB 7.1, Teradata V2R6/V2R5 and IBM AIX , Windows 2003 servers
Confidential, Eagan, MN 04/2008 - 12/2009
SAP BI Design Consultant
- Involved in Design and maintain architecture and solution design for the deployment of SAP BI module.
- Configured Analytic Integration Connector to SAP BW for drill through reporting.
- Development of Data model to report Non-working Inventory and SLOB (Slow-Moving and Obsolete) Inventory.
- Primarily focused on Front end reporting (Work books , Web templates , Dash boards and metrics) on SAP BW along with its integration with SAP Portal, KM and third party tools like Business Objects and Crystal reports.
- Configured and developed reports for SCM -BI sub modules - procurement, Manufacturing , inventory ,purchasing , logistics invoice verification ,event management and order fulfillment modules..
- Designed and configured new data flow for SRM - Enterprise Buyer Configuration, Bidding engine, Operational Spend analysis Supplier evaluation and Shopping carts.
- Enhanced SRM 7.0 standard extractor 0bbp_Td_Quot_1 for bid analysis and Rfx quot.
- Activated CRM Opportunities and activities Business content. Configured BI and Enterprise Portals, APD,Integrated XI and BI application, admin configuration, analysis authorizations and content analyzer setting.
- Configured portal and Bi by maintaining RFC destinations, configuring users, exporting portal certificates, setting up repository manager for BW metadata maintaing authorizations, etc,.
- Enhanced CRM BADI's for customer specific attributes for replication, customer specific adjustment of price relevant data .
- Configured BOBJ Explorer 3.2 for BIA indexes, created information spaces, setup authorizations to power users for space creators, production support by managing spaces for data loads.
- Analyzed the BOBJ data using facets selection, modified the exploration layouts, exported exploration reports in different formats like webis, csv, image files etc.
BI / BO and Crystal Activities
- Configured BW publisher service on Crystal Xcelsius and BI to use queries as BI as data source, Built a Universe for a web intelligence on a top of SAP BI.
- Installed Business Objects Enterprise XI3.1 and SAP integration Kit on Production and Staging servers. Imported roles from SAP and worked on admin setup. Created universes using BW Queries and developed test WebI reports from SAP data. Migrated initial universes and reports from 6.5 to 3.1. Converted Full Client reports to WebI.
- Developed Complex Dashboard equivalent to existing SAP BI Dashboard for Financial statement analysis.
- Developed BEx Queries and a Custom program to export the Data as an XML file in a Network Directory accessible by XCelsius as a batch job every night as part of the process chain.
- Created Dynamic & customizable data visualization Dash Boards using Xcelsius .
- Designed BEx Broadcaster application for distribution of sales report and tools usage summary report, configured pre - calculated web templates and work books.
- Used Crystal LiveOffice to create a MS Excel spreadsheet utilizing Webi document via LiveOffice
- Created Multiple Universes in Designer in secure connection against FIGL cube structures and CCA BEx Queries in SAP BI.
- Designed new IP planning functions for sales planning -delete, copy actual 2006 to 2007, file upload user interface using a web browser, planning application workbooks.
- Design of SEM-BPS Data Flow, Processes and Data Architecture on Transactional and Reporting Cubes, Design of SEM (Multi-) Planning Areas, Levels, Layouts for cost center and sales planning ,budgeting and forecast process Involved in the migration Of BW BPS to IP application .
- Developed test cases to ensure the quality of data performed unit and regression testing for SEM BPS environment.
- Tested new SEM BPS functionality through regression testing of existing functionality and business processes prior to transporting into production.
- Worked On Multiple regression testing for mediation of SEM BPS error-age association by BPS response time
- Performed BPS Performance activities like BPS_STAT0/1, STAD and ST03N.
- Converted financial reports cost center and income statements utilizing Hyperion reporting into BW BPS financial statement reports .
- Developed reports on monthly forecasts on sales, cost of sales, operating expenses, and profitability.
Environment: SAP BI 7.0 ECC 6.0,Visual Composer7.0, WAD , HR, CRM,BPS/IP, Portal, BI Accelerator, Business Objects XIR2/3.1BOBJ Explorer 3.2 ,Crystal Xcelsius,, BEx Broadcaster,.Confidential, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 03/2007- 10/2007
SAP BI Sr Consultant
- Involved in escalating prioritized tickets regarding extractions, Performance Issues and also load failures.
- Analyzed and corrected production problems as they occur in the SAP BW system.
- Monitoring of Info packages and analyzing the reasons for frequent failures of Info packages.
- Maintaining Reconciliation\'s to verify the data in SAP R3 and SAP BW are same or not after the data loads.
- Maintaining Work History for all the tickets until it is closed down.
- To communicate with the customer who posted the Ticket.
- Resolved customer reported tickets through email and phone.
- Data loading was monitored and failed data packets were analyzed and if possible manually edited in PSA and reloaded to ODS.
- Daily monitoring of Info cubes and ODS object requests.
- Involved in the Info cube maintenance I e., Compression, Roll-Up.
- Resolving tickets raised by Business users for their issues on BW Reports on data integrity, assistance fro writing queries, saving work books, validating data with source systems.
- Break fix - RDD0080 - COS by Cost Component report, HR authorizations etc.,
- Resolved Save view functionality in BW.
- Involved in performance issue for the data load of Info sources 0CO_PC_C01 and 0CO_PC_C02.
- Involved in monitoring and tracing of Inventory Tool Usage Report.
- Resolved issues related to aggregate activation failure, master data delete time out, source system outages.
- Worked on Web Application Designer (WAD), created web templates using web items to meet the reporting requirement.
Project: Technical upgrade from BW 3.5 to NW2004s /BI 7.0 & BI Acclerator.
- Successfully implemented IP and upgraded to BI 7.0 with rapid BW POC implementation
- BI landscape and sizing consulting for a BI 7.0 ramp-up implementation including SEM-BPS and IP.
- Created test packages for checking the consistency of the objects before and after upgrade.
- Involved in the Pre & Post Upgrade Activities (3.5 to NW2004s)
- Involved in the integration testing in quality of objects and Unit testing.
- Design, develop and test the objects with the new functionalities.
- Performed functional checks in order to test the new features of BI .
- Testing of BI system with different systems (ECC 6.0, CRM, Crystal).
- Interface into SAP BW .Migration/Testing of SEM to display existing functionality.
- Functional Upgrade to BI 7.0 system , Migration of WAD Templates to BI 7.0 templates.
- Migration of BEX Queries to BI 7.0 Queries , New BEX Analyzer Workbooks
- Migrate existing Crystal Reports to Report Designer reports
- Usage of Information Broadcasting to distribute reports to email and Knowledge Management (KM) ,Integration of BI reports in Portal using iviews.
- Migration of DWH objects to BI 7.0 objects (Transformations, DTP) .
- Involved in the setup of or BI Acclerator index for front end and OLAP statisitcs 0TCT_C11 cube.
- Involved in BIA administration and Monitoring activities like index checks , maintenance functions , index settings, delete and rebuild indexes , RSRV BIA checks for consistency and performance of data loads.
- Manage existing BW and newly transitioned employees in production support related tasks related to transports, change requests enhancements, and on-call duties.
- Resolved wrong values of key figures, no data found for certain filter values by alpha conversion.
Mentored and trained junior team members in BW ETL processes and trouble-shooting, BW maintenance task, and query development. .
- Installed Content browser info cube 0BCTCBC01 for managing content in BI .
SAP BI Senior Consultant
- As a BW Senior Consultant responsible for identifying, planning and executing all activities in support of daily BW operations.
- Coordinated weekly all -hands meetings, status reports and delegating BW activities to fellow team members.
- Configured and customized applications for FI/GL, HCM, COPA, SD and MM modules. Global implementation experience migrating non-SAP systems into BW, including Hyperion & flat file extracts.
- Functioned as a SAP BW Planning team lead of three consultants.
- Designed and manage the implementation of winning solutions for complex planning concepts and processes, working with a team of innovators, leading to overall growth of self and organization.
- Involved in technical and business analysis aspects of BW data warehouse project development, creation of test plans and scenarios, testing, and implementation; including significant hands-on work.
- Used LO structures for extracting sales order, delivery information. Logistics Cockpit configuration.
- Customized cubes such as Sales Order(0SD_C03), Sales Delivery (0SD_C05)and Sales Over view(0SD_C03) etc.,
- BW Pre-formatted Reports - These are created using Crystal Reports. The reports are published and scheduled using Crystal Enterprise Server and delivered to the user using Portals
- Creat User roles and authorizations in BW for restricting a particular user to specific activities and screens in Enterprise portal .
- Activated Sales, Profit Center Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable cubes as a part of cross-functional SAP BW implementation.
- Design scheduling logic for PSA, ODS, old master data change, new master data load after initial uploads, R/3 Data mapping, etc.,
- Legacy to SAP and SAP BW Migration (Application and data Migration).
- Enhanced the Standard extractors 0FI_AP_4 and 0FI_AR_4 with the Business Area
- Developed Pending Order Status Report to display pending Purchase Orders (PO) with drilldowns for material and vendor .
SAP BW HR Activities:
- Met with Subject Matter Advisers (SMA) and HR Process Team for gathering the report requirements (HR PA Personnel Administration, Payroll, Time, Compensation ,Benefits and Org Mgt and developed the functional specifications. Also attended HR workshops to understand the existing process within the Rockwell.
- Developed the Data Flow document for HR for standard business contents and Custom DSOs.
- Developed the function module extractors to get the data from Payroll Arrears table.
- Worked on Data Mapping process to identify the fit/gap conditions for HR Reporting.
- Activated the standard contents for HR and also created custom Cubes and DSOs.
- Enhanced HR queries for headcount/personal structure , personal flow, entries, leavers , payroll queries -quarterly overview of wage types ,wage type comparison for personal areas etc.
Confidential, Midland, Michigan 9/2005- 06/2006
SAP BW Technical Consultant
This project is undertaken to upgrade BW 3.0B from 3.5. The scope includes developing standard test case template, implementing unidata, Unicode implementation; report formatting, Simulation, issues and resolution .
- Worked on BW Upgrade project for Patch and plug in upgrades, which involved preparation of all clients for upgrade, post upgrade testing.
- Implementing Unicode, UD Connect, System copy,
- Resolving WAD issues related to up gradation.
- Defined source system for Uni data in BW.
- Involved in Before upgrade process - R/3 Plug-in Upgrade Procedure as applying PI 2002.2 and PI 2003.1
- Developed Standard Test case template for Pre and Post Upgrade process in upgrade.
- Tested Sandbox and development environments as per test cases in upgrade process. from the business users.
- Perform test support patches and OSS Notes for Upgrade.
- Trained end users on BEx Reports for KF hidden can are shown which will be specific in 3.5 (from upgrade).
- Investigate and propose resolutions for failures.
- Testing RSRV, RSRT, RSD1, RSUPGRCHECK Program, ST22, RSA7, and SM13 after applying plug-ins.
- Compare Web reports in development and production, applying chart migration program, changes web reports manually as per standards in production.
- Testing BPS Users
- Empty data marts, RSISOSMAP extraction check, changing KF Property to hidden can be shown as per new OSS.
- Spot-check when system copy.
- Stabilization and QA Testing.
- Responsible for Before upgrade process - R/3 Plug-in Upgrade Procedure as applying PI 2002.2 and PI 2003.1
Confidential, Kuwait 06/2004 - 08/2005
SAP BW Technical Consultant
- SAP BW Data Warehouse Architecture Design, Physical and Logical data modeling of BW 3.0B for Global Financial System Project which includes Data-Modeling, Data Extraction, Generic Extraction, Data Loading (Full /Delta Up-Load), Scheduling, Monitoring, Info-cubes, Info-Source, Logical Information System (LIS), LO Cockpit, Multi-Cubes, Remote Cubes, CO-PA, FI-SL, ODS objects, BEx- Analyzer, BEx Query, Work books & Web reporting/ publishing.
- Setup periodic Data loads from R/3 and from a legacy system (flat files) containing certain customer information.
- Acted as a liaison between Information Technology, SAP functional project teams, Basis administration and Auditors in gathering and communicating information on the SAP R/3 and BW security systems.
- Conceptual design and Data modeling for SAP business warehouse development and Implementation by conduction workshops/Interviews.
- As a part of the BW implementation team, involved in gathering user requirements and data modeling using ERM, star schema concepts.
- Analyzed Business requirements and required BW Business Content for Financial and Controlling Modules.
- Applied OSS Notes.
- Review existing security access controls and recommend and written documents.
- Knowledge Transfer to Getronics staff.
- Created Custom Multi Cube to support FIAR Users, which is a two-cube structure joining one custom FI (company info) Cube with one Business Content AR Cube, allowing users to drill down the customer details and ledger accounts.
- Developed basic cubes for financial and controlling areas like procurement cube, cost center cube, order status cube.
- Created multi-cube from FI and Costs Info Cubes. Extracting required data from the Data Source of PSA to ODS. Worked with ODS object, ODS query, accessing ODS objects with RRI.
Worked extensively on BEX analyzer and BEX browser.
- Developed flexible queries using filters, navigational attributes in BEX analyzer to facilitate data analysis in a drill down or summarized way to give detailed levels of information.
- Used BEX Analyzer for normal Query Designing.
- Generated reports using BeX Analyzer and Crystal Reports
- Analyzed Query performance to suggest optimizations as per theory and practical observations.
- Assigned Data Sources to the Info Source, Defining Transfer Structure, and Metadata maintenance for the Info Source and source system. Configuring Metadata in the Administration Workbench for replication and Updating of Data Source from the source system.
- Set up flat file extraction for legacy data (uploaded over 1 Million Records).
- Created aggregates, ODS structures, Info-Cubes, custom Queries, etc.,
- Set up periodic jobs for delta-data uploads, statistics/aggregate/indices rebuild, and event-chains to notify end-user of report availability
- Data extraction from R/3 and Flat file; Creating Info Packages; Event Scheduling; Monitor settings.
Confidential. Atlanta 03/2003 - 05 /2004
SAP BW Consultant
- Loading data from SAP CO and analyze cost center master data, hierarchies and transaction data.
- Loading transaction and master data from flat files to analyze non-R/3 monthly basis cost center data.
- Maintain Info Cubes aggregates for improving performance in process of the Cost Center Info Cube.
- Implementation Info Cubes in the accounting area consists of return on investments, cost variances, liabilities.
- Create authorization object to control user access to provide security to the Info Cube data.
- FI/SL data extraction setup process and enhancing standard Business Content.
- Create reports in the logistic area covers sales control, inventory control, production planning, service management.
- Using BEx Query designer and formatted Reporting and designing queries with hierarchies.
- Defining, creating, and testing reports to meet business requirements using BEx Analyzer.
- Modeling Text Information and Info Marts and Implementation ODS Objects
- Experience with data warehousing project life cycle, especially tasks within the ETL phase.
- Performing integration test system upgrades and changes through QA and client acceptance.
- Developing training materials and conducting end-user training.
- CO/PA Data Extraction based on costing and accounting methods.
Confidential NY, 12/2001 - 02/2003
SAP ABAP Consultant
- Responsible for writing Technical specifications - Involved in discussing requirements with the super users and functional configurations to prepare the technical specifications from the functional specifications.
- Development - Coding and system testing of the ABAP/4 programs including BDCs, Interfaces, user exits and reports.
- User Training- created documents for user training, providing post-production support.
- Performance tuning - Extensive tuning of the interfaces and reports in the production and development environment.
- Created Open Orders Report according to the date, customer number, and item number.
- Data Conversions/ Interfaces from Legacy Systems:
- Designed and coded a BDC Programs for MM, Customer master and for Sales Order (VA01).
- Bill of Material (BOM) Extension for Customer Field Exit (PCSD0003).
- Adding field to MRP View of MM to capture baseline lead-time.
- Prepare ABAP workbench and debug tool sets and ABAP programming of SAP R/3.
- ABAP report design experience in a multiple currency environment Lockbox experience
- Create reports using Report Painter, Report Writer, and SAP Queries .