- Over 9years of experience in designing, documenting, configuring and implementing Finance and Controlling Functions using SAP R/3 version 4.7 - ECC 6.0, SAP H4 Hana, Cloud based, Web based and Client-Server Applications.
- Good understanding of all aspects of the SAP Financial Accounting and Controlling business process and translation of business requirements into SAP solutions in the cost effective and client-servicing manner.
- Implementation and customization experience in Financial Accounting (FI) and Controlling (CO) modules.
- 2 Full Life Cycles implementation from blue print to realization and Go-Live, and Post Go-Live support using ASAP Methodology for ECC 6.0.
- Involvement in studying and analyzing business process, understanding the As-Is process and modeling the To-Be process.
- Extensive FI experience in implementation of General Ledger Accounting (FI-GL), Accounts Payable (FI-AP), Accounts Receivable (FI-AR), Asset Accounting (FI-AA), Bank Accounting (FI-BA).
- Extensive CO experience in implementation of Cost Center Accounting (CO-CCA), Profit Center Accounting (CO-PCA), Internal Order Accounting (CO-IOA), and Profitability Analysis CO-PA.
- Expertise in configuring and customizing General Ledger (GL), New General Ledger (New GL), Accounts Payables/Receivables (AP - AR), Asset Accounting (AA), Electronic Bank Statement (EBS), Bank Accounting, Treasury-Cash Management (TR-CM) , Lockbox, Foreign Exchange,
- Cost Center Accounting (CCA), Profit Center Accounting (PCA), Internal orders (IO) and Profitability Analysis (CO-PA).
- Extensive experience in Procure to Pay (PTP) and Order to Cash (OTC) processes.
- Extensive Experience in Testing SAP Applications - SAP S/4 HANA, Cloud based, Web based and Client-Server Applications.
- Experience in ASAP Project Implementation Methodology and application.
- Extensive SAP experience SAP FICO module.
- FI Enterprise Structure: Chart of accounts, fiscal year, posting period, company code, business areas, and functional areas.
- General Ledger: Chart of accounts, account groups, GL master records, field status groups, posting keys, automatic account determination, inter-company automatic account posting, sales/use tax assignment, account display, number ranges, document types, tolerance groups and financial statement versions.
- New GL: Activation and configuration of New GL, understanding of the impacts on FI and CO modules, configuring the parallel ledgers, defining the currencies, addition of custom fields in FAGLFLEX* table. Roll-up ledger, Day ledger, ledger group, representative ledger. Application of New GL for meeting requirements like IAS, US and other local GAAPs portraying ledger approach and parallel accounting.
- Accounts Payable: Vendor groups, vendor master data, house banks, bank accounts, check lots, automatic payments, recurring entries, invoices, credit memos, closing procedures, AP information system, integration with MM.
- Accounts Receivable: Customer groups, customer master data, billing, payment terms and interest calculation, incoming payments, dunning, AR information system, account systems, credit management, cash discounts, closing operations, sales order and integration with SD.
- Asset Accounting: Configuring asset master data, asset classes, chart of depreciation, unplanned depreciation, depreciation areas, depreciation posting, acquisition and retirement of assets, transfer of assets, assets under construction, transfer variants and assets post capitalization.
- Product Costing: Configuring overhead, costing sheet, cost component structure, valuation variant, costing variant and made the assignments, material cost estimate with quantity structure, material only costs, performing costing run for individual and mass materials.
- Material Ledger: Thorough understanding of ML activation in different currencies, actual costing. Good knowledge of price determination: single level and multi-level. Configuring the ML at the plant/valuation area level, configuring currency types and standard material ledger type using FI and CV profile from CO. Period end processing for determining the actual cost of a material.
- Cost Element/Cost Center Accounting (CCA): Configuring and customizing the cost elements, reconciliation ledgers, standard hierarchy, cost centers, statistical key figures, master data groups, validations and substitutions, assessments, distributions. Cost center planning including defining versions, planning layouts, planner profiles and activity planning.
- Internal Orders (IO): Configuring and customizing internal orders, order types, screen layout, status management, order groups, substitution rules, commitments, settlement profiles, planning, budget management and availability control.
- Profit Center Accounting (PCA): Planning, profit center, revenue elements, sales order, material master assignment, control parameters and integration with SD.
- Profitability Analysis (COPA): Cost based COPA, planning, planning versions, operating concern, characteristics, value fields, PA - tables, mapping SD condition types to value fields characteristic derivation, reports and transports on profitability analysis.
- EC-CS: Enterprise Controlling and Consolidation Systems, consolidation of chart of accounts for multiple company codes, re-classifications and report painter reporting.
- Financial Statements: Financial closing of GL, accruals and deferrals for revenues and expenses, GR/IR accounts, creation of a financial statement version for local and foreign subsidiaries.
FI (Financial Accounting): GL/AP/AR/BA/New GL, FI/CO integration with SD, MM & PP
CO (Controlling): CEA/CCA/PCA/IO/COPA/COPC
Reporting Tools: Report Painter, Report Writer
ERP Packages: SAP R/3 4.7, ECC 5.0, ECC 6.0 Versions, SAP S/4 Hana
Operating System: Windows 98/2000/ XP/7 / 10
Office Tools: MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel & MS Access
Confidential, Santa Clara, CA
SAP FICO Functional Consultant
Environment: SAP ECC 6.0, Cloud SAP S/4 Hana
- Reviewed and analyzed Business Requirements and Business Processes and mapped them with SAP.
- Provided Production Support for the FI Module - G/L, AP, AR and AA and for CO Module - CCA, PCA, CEA, COPA Product Costing
- Facilitated knowledge transfer, communication, and interaction between various functional organizations and the Information Technology department
- Provided Extensive functional support for master data governance and master data troubleshooting
- Worked closely with end users to prioritize their immediate requirements and managed completion of support tickets in allotted time frame
- Performed periodic presentations to all levels of management by providing status on project progress
- Regularly interacted with users to ensure proper understanding of the Business Requirements and Functional specifications.
- Worked on Business planning and consolidation (BPC).
- Conducted GAAP analysis , document findings, evaluated scope of studies & suggested solutions through SAP for implementation and customization.
- Configured chart of accounts, account groups, field status groups, and posting keys, assigned these variants to company codes, created GL Master records, reconciliation accounts for sub-ledgers, document types, number ranges, invoices and payments, tolerance groups, automatic account assignments, GL display (line item layouts, special fields, sort variants, totals variants) and financial statement version.
- Configured areas of AP , House Banks and Automatic Payment program (APP). Involved in optimizing bank details for wire payments, check lots, void reason codes and clearing inter-company vendor/customer open items.
- Worked on Electronic Bank Statement (EBS), Positive pay, ACH payments and Wire Transfer, liquidity forecast and configuring and customizing multiple payment methods and automatic clearing.
- Designed the process for Check management (Manual / Automatic / Preprinted).
- Made global settings for electronic bank statements; Created and assigned business transactions for Manual Bank statement; Defined Variants for Manual Bank Statements.
- Defined posting keys and created business transactions for Check deposit; Work on Cash Journal Configuration.
- Made necessary settings for the account assignment model for Recurring and Periodic entries, Bank master data, and House Banks for the payment program.
- Worked with MM processes like Logistics Invoice Verification (LIV), credit & debit memos, maintaining Material master data, material groups, purchasing groups, purchasing info records, MM Pricing procedures, etc.
- Configured customer account groups, tolerance groups, performed credit management, settings for risk management, account assignments, defined various payment terms as per the client specific requirements for Accounts Receivables.
- Configured revaluation of open items for Month End Close Process.
- Worked on Vendor Master Data/Open Item Migration for MasterData.
- Worked on Balance Carry Forward for Year End Close.
- Worked on Year End Close issues for SOX compliance for reporting purposes.
- Worked on Intercompany Open Item Management for Vendors.
- Defined Allocation and Distribution structures for Cost Centers (CO-CCA).
- Configured Costing Sheets in Cost Center Accounting (CO-CCA).
- Configured Cost Center Accounting Groups (CO-CCA).
- Worked on year end close for all company codes of Assets (FI-AA).
- Activated Document Splitting for New General Ledger so that Zero Balancing is activated within the GL Document view.
- Configured Costing Sheets in Cost Center Accounting (CO-CCA).
- Configured new House Banks for the new companies acquired.
- Configured Automatic Payment Program for payments to Vendors (FI-AP).
- Configured Electronic Bank Statement for Bank Reconciliation (BRS).
- Scheduled programs for Distributions and Settlements to using TIDAL.
- Worked on archiving of transactional data.
- Worked on SABRIX for tax configuration.
- Identified one-time Vendors and Customers and defined a separate screen layout for them according to the requirement of the client.
- Managed multiple ledgers within the general ledger according to the client requirements, worked on parallel accounting model following the rules of New GL.
- Created additional ledger and Special Purpose Ledger to work with the New GL.
- Assigned new scenarios to the leading ledger like Cost center update, Preparations for Consolidation, Profit Center Update and Segmentation .
- Created integrated asset acquisition and defined account assignment type for Asset Account, Account Assignment Objects for the Depreciation Areas.
- Made settings for the Dunning procedure and configured the dunning procedure.
- Configured the system to deduct a cash discount for payment of fixed asset invoice automatically and in real time, to the corresponding asset.
- Configured setting for revaluation of fixed assets, normal depreciation run and posting of asset acquisition.
- Integration of MM and SD with FI accounts assignment and appropriation request, investment measure in Investment Management, TAX and Inter Company transactions.
- Configuration Accounts Receivable and Billing. Configured and tested revenue recognition at the time of billing. Account determination for revenue recognition and material movement.
- Experience in Testing in cloud SAP S/4 HANA BW and BI Analytics and Reporting, Enterprise Data Warehouses, Create Workbooks and Quires, Analysis including extractor/data sources, and format the results and Reports.
- Interaction with client business users for gathering and analysis of requirements, written functional specifications.
SAP FICO functional Consultant
Environment: SAP ECC 6.0, Cloud SAP S/4 Hana
- Gathered Business requirement for business process, prepared Business Process Procedure (BPP) for all the client requirements.
- Performed GAP Analysis and provided work around solutions to map current state to future state.
- Developed test scenarios, conversion/Interfaces/validation plans, cutover, end user training and post go-live production support.
- Implemented New GL, performed document splitting, parallel accounting and periodic processing.
- Resolved issues relating to payment program.
- Involved in solving and setting up Automatic Payment Program (APP), Account assignment.
- Validation and Substitutions for Profit Centre derivations.
- Month end closing activities, good knowledge of closing cockpit.
- Configured Asset accounting module, Chart of Depreciation area, Number Assignment Screen Layouts, Depreciations Keys, Asset Class. Asset transfer, Asset retirement and integration with PS module.
- Analyzed the use of previous accounting scenarios pertaining to Profit Center Accounting (PCA), Cost of Sales Accounting and Special Purpose Ledger and assisted Super-Users and end-users in performing reconciliation with the legacy system to achieve desired results
- Created Bank Master data, House banks, G/L accounts for each bank account and Reconciliation accounts for vendors, customers and assets.
- Setup Lockbox in BAI2 format and configured Electronic Bank Statement (EBS).
- Customized G/L Accounting, A/R and A/P.
- Defined the Master Records of Cost Elements (primary and secondary), Cost Element Groups, reconciliation ledger, Cost Centers, Cost Center Groups and Standard Hierarchy.
- Defined Order types to be able to create orders, assigned each order types to a number range and maintained status management, orders settlement, and settlement structure.
- Defined both basic reports and form reports for the business units by profit centers to analyze the profit at customer and product levels.
- Created reports using Report Painter and Report writer for Finance, Marketing, Accounting, and Plant Level Management.
SAP FICO functional Consultant
Environment: Upgrade from SAP R/3 Ver 4.7 to ECC 6.0
- Made changes in the Standard SAP System for the new version and prepare change configuration scripts.
- Was a Team member of the customization and implementation group of the FI/CO module.
- Interacted with Business Users for Requirements Gathering and Analysis.
- Prepared a document of all the changes made, bug fixes, revised the Business Process Procedures to facilitate the changes during the Upgrade.
- Supported all phases of a Project Life Cycle Including Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, and Deployment of Solutions, as well as Documentation, and End-User Training.
- Worked on integration testing extensively on end-to-end scenarios involving cross-functional modules MM & SD.
- Activated costing-based Profitability Analysis (COPA) to report profitability by customer, product, and market. Monitored actual data flow from SD Billing Documents and FI. Generated Profitability reports using forms.
- Provided configurations in Procure to pay process involving Logistics Invoice verifications & MM-Purchasing.
- Configuration of New G/L and created Blue Print for New G/L, Plan of Migration, Tested and Performed Migration.
- Activated New General Ledger, Created Leading and Non-Leading Ledgers for the different Company Codes and activated Parallel Accounting for the Different Accounting Principles like US GAAP and other countries.
- Configured Product Cost Planning, Marking, Releasing the Cost Estimate in Price Updating and defined Profit Center Hierarchy and Cost Center Hierarchy.
- Configured Material Cost Estimate with Quantity Structure and calculated costs on Production Order, Standard and Modified Cost Estimate and worked on Price Update.
- Configured Costing Variant, Valuation Variant, Cost Component Split, Cost Component Structure, BOM and Route Settings.
- In Cost Object Controlling Configured Product Cost by Order, WIP calculation and Variance Analysis using Planned and Actual Costs
- Configured Cost Center Accounting (CCA), maintained standard hierarchy, created cost centers, primary cost element categories, secondary cost element categories, automatic cost element creation, manual cost element creation, activated reconciliation ledger.
- Created Cost Center groups and Cost Centers, Primary and Secondary Cost Elements.
- Used Report Painter, Report Writer for reporting during the implementation of the project and developed reports.
- In Project Systems, Created Projects, WBS Elements, Project coding mask and budgeting. Designed & helped build interfaces to create the WBS elements from the Legacy systems to Facilitate the settlement of work orders to WBS elements.
SAP FICO Functional Consultant
- Responsible for FI-GL / CO (CCA, CEA, PCA, PC and CO-PA) modules.
- Identified and documented business process requirements and prepared blue print.
- Involved in configuration and customization as per functional requirements.
- Configured global settings, organization structure, company codes and functional areas.
- Defined Chart of Accounts, Account Group & GL accounts, Fiscal Year Variants, Posting Period Variants, Field Status Variants and Groups, Screen Variants for Document entry, Doc Types and Number Ranges.
- Worked extensively in New GL, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable configuration.
- Involved in FI / MM, FI / SD Integrations.
- Involved in Vendor and Customer set-up for Intra & Intercompany processes.
- Created Primary and Secondary Cost Elements, Cost Center hierarchy, CC Groups and Cost Centers.
- Responsible for assessments, distributions, Statistical Key Figures and Activity Types.
- Extensively involved in PCA basic settings, created master data, profit center groups, dummy profit centers, profit center hierarchy.
- Involved in set-up Special Purpose Ledger, mapped field movements as per requirements.
- Designed and developed custom reports in CCA, PCA and CO-PA for management reporting.
- Actively participated in FI and PCA Reconciliations and Month-end process.
- Involved in COPA configurations, Characteristic Derivations, PA Settlement structure.
- Developed and refined business process documentation to leverage standard SAP and custom footprint.
- Worked with RICEF (Reports, Interfaces, Conversions, Enhancements and Forms) Elements.