- SAP FICO Functional consultant with more than 8+ years of implementation. SAP FICO Business Analyst with proven expertise in SAP Analysis, Design, Implementation, upgrade, support, configuration, documentation and testing of applications.
- Able to learn new technologies, concepts, and business processes quickly, evaluate their applications, and apply them to business need when appropriate.
- Excellent ability to analyze and meet the challenges of evolving business situations.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, extensive experience w/direct customer contact & presentations.
- Manages and delivers projects on time, on budget, and meeting or exceeding quality expectations.
ERP: SAP R/3 4.7, ECC 5.0, ECC 6.0.
Operating System: Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista/7
Applications: MS - Office Suite, MS- Outlook
Tool: Informetica, SQL Query
Confidential, Pittsburg PA
SAP FICO Business Analyst
- Strong knowledge about Organizational Structure and Contributed to the team in the Configuration of various Company codes, Account, Department, Posting period variants, field status variants and field status groups, Document number ranges, tolerance groups and assigned those variants to company.
- Configured G/L accounts, maintained automatic account assignments, and Financial statement versions.
- Configured Profit Center Accounting, maintained profit center standard hierarchy and created profit centers based on Company’s market segments, Exchange rate types, Distribution, assessment of costs, and statistical key figures
- In Profitability Analysis (CO-PA), configured costing based CO-PA, assisted management in the design and configuration of PA structures, including decisions on characteristics, key figures, derivation rules, and settlement to CO-PA.
- Configured chart of accounts, account groups, field status groups, and posting keys, assigned these variants to company codes, created GL Master records, reconciliation accounts for sub-ledgers, document types, number ranges, invoices and payments, tolerance groups, automatic account assignments, GL display (line item layouts, special fields, sort variants, totals variants) and financial statement version.
- Configured areas of AP, House Banks and Automatic Payment program (APP).
- Involved in optimizing bank details for wire payments (ACH), check lots, void reason codes and clearing inter-company vendor/customer open items.
- In Account Receivables (SAP-AR), worked exclusively on configuration on many areas in AR like Customer Master data, Automatic Dunning program, Lock Box processing, Cash discount depending on Payment terms and others.
- Participated in preparing documentation and supported end-users specifically in reporting.
- Dealt with Cost Element Analysis (CO-CEA) involving both primary and secondary cost elements, activated the reconciliation ledger, and maintained accounts for automatic reconciliation posting
SAP FICO Business Analyst
- Participated actively in resolving the inconsistencies relating to GL, AP, AR modules in FI and CCA, CEA, PCA in CO modules.
- Configured Controlling area, Credit Control Area, Cost elements, Cost centers, Profit centers for CCA and PCA with Integration of FI with SD and MM modules.
- Created cost centers, Activity types, Statistical key figures, Cost Center Standard Hierarchy, cost center categories and document numbers. Maintained default account and automatic account assignments, validations and substitutions, overhead structure for accruals/deferrals costs, allocations using cycle-segment method for periodic reposting, distribution and assessment and indirect activity allocations.
- Configured both costing based CO-PA and accounting based CO-PA, created characteristics and value fields, used various derivation techniques and rules and configured valuation using Product costing and Costing sheet.
- Configured GL accounts, Vendor and Customer master data, defined the tax on sales and purchases and Tax accounts.
- Configured all business transactions for AP and AR including the payment run program and automatic check payment and check printing, clearing of vendor and customer open items, Account assignment model for Recurring and Periodic entries, bank master data, house banks for payment program, credit management and Periodic processing.
- Solved problems on Invoice, Cash Application, Lockbox, Electronic Payments, and Automatic Customer Payment, clearing programs, Settlement, Adjustments, Credit Management and Banking integration.
- Configured the house banks, GL accounts for Bank accounts and bank account reconciliation program.
- Used Report Painter for reporting during the implementation of the project.
- Configured system settings in the areas of FI-GL transactions, House bank, AP-Payment Program, AR-Customer Credit, Credit controls, Credit memo and performed Dunning.
- Tested the generation of reports using report writer and report painter
SAP FICO Analyst
- Responsible for identifying upgrade related issues and communicating those with client accounting staff
- Performed support on the upgraded system
- Configured Company code, Posting period variants, field status variants, Document number ranges, tolerance groups and assigned variants to company code.
- Configured GL accounts, automatic account assignments, Financial statement versions, validations and substitution
- Configured SAP-FI-AP and SAP-FI-AR, Customer/ Vendor Master records, Account groups, Tolerance groups, Document number ranges, and account determination
- Worked on configuration areas of House banks, Automatic payment program, Automatic interest calculation, Bank statement (electronic and manual), Dunning procedures
- In Asset Accounting (SAP-AA), Involved in configuration of fixed assets, Master data, Special asset classes, chart of depreciation, depreciation areas and depreciation keys.
- Configured settings for Controlling Area and Operating Concern, maintained Versions
- Created Primary and Secondary Cost elements, Cost Element Groups, maintained Cost Element Attributes, Costing Sheet etc.
- Cost Elements Analysis, involving both primary and secondary cost elements, activating the reconciliation ledger, and maintaining accounts for automatic reconciliation posting
- In Cost Center Accounting (SAP-CCA) defined and assigned standard hierarchy, validations and substitutions
- • Created Cost Centers and assigned to G/L accounts through Cost elements, Profit Centers and Work Centers.
- Configured Profit Center Accounting (SAP-EC-PCA), maintained profit center standard hierarchy, Exchange rate types, Distribution, assessment of costs and statistical key figures.
- In Profitability Analysis (SAP-CO-PA) configured costing based CO-PA, assisted client in design and configuration of PA structures, including decisions on characteristics, key figures, derivation rules and settlement to CO-PA
- Configured Planning Profile, Planning layouts, Planning versions and are written reports using Report writer and Report Painter, Prepared month end reports and configured relevant master data.
- In Product Cost Planning (CO-PC-PCP), Configured Material costing with quantity structure, Costing Variants, Standard, Inventory and Modified cost estimate
- In Cost Object Controlling (CO-PC-OC), Configured Master data for Product cost by order (Product Cost Collector), Simultaneous Costing and Period End Closing