- He has over 10 years of work experience in the area of SAP BW/BI/BPC/HANA which includes multiple SAP Projects (Releases, Upgrades and Application Maintenance) starting with releases from BW7.0/NW2004s to BW7.5 BW 4/HANA.
- Performed all phases of Project Life Cycle including Analysis, Architecture, Design, Development, Data Extraction, Staging and Storage, Transformation, Presentation, Testing, Cutover/Go - Live Planning, User Training, Knowledge Transfer, Deployment, Production Support, Change Control, and Change Management in modules like Supply Chain (SD, MM), Purchasing, Finance (AR, AP, and GL), CO-PA.
- Successfully implemented end to end planning applications in new SAP dimensional tools such as BPC10.1 and HANA 2.0 which involves implementing Staging/BADI Interfaces/HANA Views/Stored Procedures/Input Templates/Data Manager Packages/BPF’s.
- Expertise in all aspects of BI: BI data modeling, data staging and Activating & Enhancing standard Business Content, Info Objects, Hierarchies, DSO, Info Cubes, Multi Cubes, Data sources, Info sources, APD’s, Open Hub, Transformations and DTP’s, Master Data(Time dependent and Time independent)Features like Remodeling & Repartitioning, Administration, Scheduling, Process Chains, Performance Tuning with Aggregates, Info cube Partitioning & Compression, OLAP Cache, secondary Indices, Pre-calculations etc. Expertise in BEx Query Designer, BEx Report Designer, BEx Web Application Designer, and Broadcaster.
- Extensively worked on Calculation Views, Table functions, SQL Scripted Views, Stored Procedures, and AMDP Scripting & ODP Data Sources for Extraction.
- Customizations - Data source enhancements, generic extractors, CMOD enhancements, user Exits and Logistics Cockpit configuration and customization, Data extraction from flat files for Master data and Transactional Data, update/transfer rules creation, Business Content Activation, Direct and Flexible update of Master data.
- Hands on experience in Testing - Master/Transaction data testing in BW and handled Reconciliation with ECC Data.
- Worked on POC for the SAP Analytics Cloud to build Financial Reports like Profitability Analysis, Product Cost Analysis and BPC Estimates reporting.
- Involved in end user training, architecting the warehouse layers for new requirements, understanding customer issues and troubleshooting the same, conceptualizing design and has been involved both on the technical and functional aspects of the same.
- Tableau: 2+ Years of experience in building Tableau Dashboards. Built several functional, operational, corporate and c-level dashboards and scorecards. Strong understanding of Tableau Architecture providing best practices around development and deployment of Enterprise class Tableau dashboards using Alteryx, SAP BW HANA and XML connections.
- Power BI: 2+ Years of experience in building Power BI Dashboards. Proficient in planning, designing and building dashboards using data providers like SAP BW, Azure, and Personal Data Files.
- Crystal Reports: Reports ranging from simple to complex using Crystal reports formulas, Grouping, Sub-Reports, Parameters, Selection criteria to handle the customers’ requests.
- Web Intelligence: Experience creating Web Intelligence reports using Business Objects WEBI. Created reports by using QAAWS, Live Office and also by using universes.
- Workday: Experience in extracting data from workday into SAP HANA environment and building head count reporting architecture.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills, has clear understanding of business procedures, adapt new environment quickly, Team building, Leadership and Project Management Skills.
- Initiative to follow through consistently for optimum accuracy and client satisfaction.
- Excellent knowledge in MS-Excel and also in using all the functionalities in Excel. Have an experience in analyzing Bex queries in Excel.
- Experience of working with SAP BODS. Design, Develop and Debug ETL jobs using Data Integrator Scripts, Workflows, Dataflow, Data stores, Transforms and Functions.
ERP: SAPBW,7.0/7.3/7.5,BW 4/HANA,ECC6.0/7.3,SD,MM,FICO,CRMSAP Analytics Cloud (embedded analytics).
Languages: ABAP/4, AMDP, SQL Script
Operating Systems: Windows XP/ 98 / NT 2000 /NT 2003
Database: SQL, SAP HANA 2.0, Azure, DB Connect and Oracle 8x/ 9x/10x.
SAP BI/BW/BPC/HANA Consultant
- Extensively involved in gathering the planning requirements across the different businesses.
- Closely worked with Business teams to understand the business scenarios for Finance planning reporting solutions and effectively translated them into technical deliverables.
- Implemented a dynamic solutions to meet the business requirements for planning at different levels for different Businesses.
- Build staging for both Master and transactional data and transformed into BPC understandable format before importing into BPC for planning purpose.
- Implemented complex solutions through BW on HANA using the HANA objects such as HANA Calculation views/Scripted view/Table functions/Stored procedures/AMDP scripting.
- Performed HANA optimizations using HANA tuning techniques like HANA PlanViz to figure out the bottlenecks in HANA models and taken appropriate suitable actions.
- Created new models & dimensions for business specific requirements.
- Involved in setting up the configurations and customizations for the models across the environments in BPC.
- Successfully decommissioned the Corporate Estimate environment and uplifted all the businesses towards the Fixed Variable Driver based Model. i.e., uplifted all the Businesses from Classic P&L planning to F/V P&L planning.
- Involved in building the Business Process flows, Data Manager Packages and other run the business process objects to support the Month estimate cycle.
- Involved in building the Input templates and reports for the Financial Business Planning and Analysis purpose.
- Provides L4 support for monthly financial planning and for the critical finance deliverables.
- Closely interact with Business teams during the Finance closing and quickly solve the complex issues within the given time frame.
- Extensively involved in handling the enhancements related to the Expense forecasting which includes the Staging changes and Input templates, Logic scripts and BPC report changes.
- Extensively involved in updating the script logic and Input templates for Hydro Carbons Transfer cost model.
- Extensively involved in gathering the purchasing and payables requirements across the different businesses.
- Involved in the functional specification documentation with the power users to understand the requirement from the initial stages.
- Created the technical documentation and involved in the design architecture of the project.
- Requirement involved getting data from different sources primarily being ECC and other sources like Oracle and SQL data bases.
- Built the first ever reporting solution for DOW Spend related to the external and internal vendors Invoice Spend reporting.
- Reporting solution included lot of customization which was needed to be built in SAP BW environment which included ECC master data tables and 30 custom built ECC tables.
- Built multiple Bex reports as per the user requirements where the data can be measured at different purchasing Hierarchy levels.
- Provided the Spend Data as monthly snapshots based on clearing months using the HANA calculation views involving Advanced DSO’s and Composite Providers.
- Involved in building of Tableau and Power BI Dashboards for procurement operations team in helping to report their monthly actual spend and projecting the future spend.
- This solution has been reported as one of its kind in DOW environment and the unique user count of this reporting solution reached more than 1,000 active users every month.
- Extensively involved in the upgrading from SAP BW 7.0 to SAP 7.3.
- Lead the team in identifying and resolving the issues occurred with the system upgrade.
- Involved in the regression testing of system during pre and post upgrade.
- Extensively used the new features provided by the SAP 7.3 like creating BWA info cubes, Semantically Partitioned Objects and new Process Chain processes.
- Extensively involved in upgrading the HANA database from V1.0 to V2.0 and BW upgrade to BW 7.5 SP12 upgrade from SP04.
- Involved in daily meetings with SAP HEC team on the daily progress on the upgrade and make sure there are no road blocks for the upgrade.
- Involved in testing the systems pre and post upgrade.
- Closely worked with the team to identify the defects post upgrade and also involved in the complete defect life cycle until they are closed.
- Effectively worked with SAP on resolving some of the critical BPC issues related to AMDP and Stored procedures during the upgrade process and resolved them on-time to reach the Upgrade timelines.
- Involved in implementing the Rev 37 for some of the outstanding issues in the HANA 2.0 upgrade.
- Gathered the reporting requirements by meeting with user community and analyzed them and prepared the technical Specification.
- Involved in upgrading BW 3.5 to BI Netweaver 7.0. As part of the upgrade was involved in testing data loads.
- Created Daily sales & Month to Date Cube, Hold & Open Orders Data sources.
- Created Detailed Sales Multi provider.
- Worked on Process chain.
- Extracted data from Sales and distribution (SD) Data Source from LIS data sources.
- Extracted data from Sales and distribution (SD) 2lis 11 VAHDR/ITEM/VASCL Data Source etc…
- Created SAP Queries.
- Developing flexible queries using filters, Free Characteristics, Navigational attributes in BEx analyzer to facilitate data analysis in a drill down version to enable the easy access of information at various levels.
- Created Many Queries on Customer and Sales.
- Created Sales Work book by embedded 14 queries.
- Created Daily Sales tracker Report by embedding 10 queries.
- Using Analysis Process Designer (APD) to fetch data from Query Data source and persisting in the DSO/Cubes. Using Aggregates to enhance the report execution speed.
- Extensively worked on BI 7.0 Archiving process to archive the data from huge DSOs and Cubes
- Developed Open orders report.
- Created Hold Open Orders Report
- Working experience on WAD.
- Created Calculated Key figures and Restricted Key figures, Formulas, Variables Etc...
- Created multiple BEx Reports based on user requirements in sales, delivery, billing & customer analysis Reports.
- Created Restricted & Calculated key figures, Custom variables with User Exits (ABAP), workbooks etc.
- Generated the few reports in excel as per the user requirement.
- Developed critical reports like Work Load Status Report, KPI Report, Notifications Report & Costing report which is based on Day to Day Work Orders over a date range through Web Application Designer.