- Sr. SAP FICO Consultant with 8 plus years of Functional experience (Releases - 4.0 through ECC 6.0) covering three full life-cycle implementations, system upgrade and production support using ASAP methodology.
- Hands on experience on FI/CO Design, Configuration, Integration, workflow, statutory / MIS requirements, Testing, Go-Live and Support with 3 Full Life Cycle Implementations in FI-NEW G/L, FI-AP, FI-AA, FI-AR, Special purpose ledger, Lock Box, Bank Accounting, Multiple Currencies, Inter-Company accounts, CO - CCA Assessments / Distributions, PCA, and CO-PA. Strong integration expertise of FI with MM, SD, CO, and HR modules.
- Experienced in Unit Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Functional testing, and User Acceptance Testing and in writing Test Scenarios, Test Cases for all FI related Transactions.
- Strong experience in conducting meetings with stakeholders.
- Actively participated in GLOBAL rollouts being with Confidential, Owens and Coppers.
- Data migration from legacy systems using LSMWs and Batch Input Session techniques. Excellent skills in data mapping, preparing / writing RICEF related Functional and Technical Specifications for wide range of ABAP and BW objects, Interfaces with Outbound and Inbound IDOCs.
- Personal Skills: Team player, Collaborative, Independent, Adaptable, Co-ordinate, negotiate and motivate the Stakeholders involved in the project.
- Industry Experience: Media & Entertainment, Manufacturing, Pharmaceuticals, Hi-tech automated process controls, Service organizations and Foods & beverages.
ERP Packages: SAP R/3 4.0-4.7, ECC 6.0
Tools: MS Access, Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio
Confidential, Montvale, NJ
Sr. SAP FICO Consultant Implementation
- Conducted configuration settings in following areas as per user requirements:
- Analyzing the AS-IS condition of the existing system, TO-BE analysis, Gap Analysis, Business Process Re-Engineering, Configuration, and Modifications to suite the clients requirements
- Chart Of Accounts: Customized the Chart of Accounts, Account Groups, G/L Account Master records, Field Status Groups, Posting Keys, Document Types and Posting Periods, Created Account Assignment Models for Recurring Entries
- General Ledger: GL documents processing, Closing activities, Balance Sheet & P&L preparation
- Accounts payable: Vendor Master Maintenance, Vendor Invoice, Credit Memo, Outgoing Payments processing. Invoice entry against GR. Month closing reconciliation, foreign currency valuation, and automatic clearing of open documents, Configuration of Automatic Payment program, Payment grouping and Customer Dunning process
- Accounts receivable: Customer Master Maintenance. Customer Invoice, Credit Memo, Incoming Payments processing. Invoice entry against Billing Due list. Month closing reconciliation, foreign currency valuation, automatic clearing of open documents
- Integration: Integrated AP and AR modules with MM and SD respectively with respect to Account determination for various Clearing and Adjustment Accounts and Automatic Postings
- Performed Unit Testing, Integration Testing, End User and Documentation
- Worked as FICO functional deployment consultant for the plants in US, and Europe for the Global roll out (including Greenfield deployments) and assisted with the new releases.
- Understood the requirements from the business users and stakeholders.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Sr. SAP FICO Consultant Implementation
- Provided SAP support to client in the areas of SAP GL, AR, AP, AM and Controlling
- Conducted Business requirement analysis and specification document by interviewing clients and translating their conceptual requirements to workable solution
- Configured organizational structure of FI, CO, Operating Concern, Global Chart of Accounts, Number Ranges, Account Groups, Field status Groups, GL Account Groups, Reconciliation Accounts, Vendor/Customer Accounts, Payment terms, Automatic payments
- Automatic postings in integration with SD and MM modules
- Settings for Electronic Bank Statement, Lock Box, Bank Reconciliation, House Banks, GL-Bank Integration and Calculations
- Configured Legal consolidation master data consisting of Company, Subgroup, Financial Statement and Financial Statement Items
- Created requirements for data entry forms to capture data at remote locations for the purpose of consolidation data entry
- Conducted SAP awareness to finance users about features and functionalities available in SAP R/3 implementation
- End user for end user groups related to their operational area like Credit Management group, Payment Processing group
Confidential, Burbank, CA
SAP FICO Consultant Implementation
- Involved in analyzing the existing system ECC, and implemented IPM by prototyping business scenarios based on the business requirements.
- Leading small offshore team including ABAP, CRM, and BI team on Revenue project for assign work, review and status reporting.
- Integration with Contracts Management, Workflow customization, Integrations with Billing engine, and Accrual engine.
- Conducted meetings with the stakeholders to understand the business requirements.
- Defining the Revenue Recognition categories, Maintenance of Revenue recognition categories for Item categories, Configured Accrual Engine for Revenue recognition in ECC based on Avails, Cash based and Time based principles and Customized Settings in IPM.
- Enhanced functionality to derive automatic GL Accounts, Cost Centers, Profit Centers and location codes based on the specific requirements.
- Developed custom solution in ECC for avail based periodic revenue postings, for sales contracts in ECC, Worked on performance based revenue recognition based on usage postings for performance deals.
- Designed a custom solution, to recognize revenue, based on contract start date, for continuance deals.
- Build functional specifications for custom reports to report on recognized revenue and forecast revenue and for reconciling revenue data from CRM to ECC.
- Design and development of ‘Billing’ solution in SAP FICO IPM (intellectual Property Management) solution based on clients requirements for Individual Billing, Group Billing.
- Developed Test scripts, participated in SIT/UAT cycles and worked on HPQC updating cycle execution and defects.
- Involving with Integration, Functional, Regression, User Acceptance Testing, Performance and End-To-End Testing
Confidential, Perrysburg, OH
SAP FICO Consultant Production support
- Worked on Testing and Go Live Phases along with assisting Business Users in Production Support in day to day Activities
- Analyzed the As-Is system, and performed GAP analysis, and designed and mapped the To-Be system.
- Involved in the configuration of AR and AP modules- Master Data and integration with New GL, SD-FI, MM-FI, and Intercompany and Interplant scenarios.
- Worked closely with the ABAP developers and guided with the user exists, BADI’s for the enhancements as part of the change requests identified in the Blue Print Phase.
- Implemented the functionality of availability check of the internal order, in acquiring the Fixed Assets.
- Involved in the Configuration of Input Tax Indicator and Asset capitalization and write-offs, and Post Capitalization in Asset Accounting.
- Worked on cross-functional integration in MM Purchasing, Goods Movements, Invoice Verification and SD Billing, and Configured Account determinations for different material movements and valuation classes.
- Configured costing based CO-PA for the flow of actual values - transfer during billing and PA structures, Settlement of production variances, key figures, derivation rules and settlement to CO-PA.
- Used CO-PA to Report profitability by Customer, Product and Market. Created P&L statements CO-PA reporting tools.
- Generated reports using tools like Report Writer, Report Painter.
- Performed Unit Testing, Integration testing and UAT testing.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
SAP FICO Analyst
- Gathered functional information through user workshops, generated Gap Analysis and participated in process improvement teams.
- Involved in the AP/AR - LockBox and Electronic bank statements Configuration and tested as part of the release regression test scope.
- Costing based CO-PA: Regenerating the operating concern environment after defining different characteristics and value fields, implemented characteristic derivations.
- Configured the Key Figure Schema (contribution margins) to reflect the new discounts, accruals and settlements and created reports in Report painter.
- Worked with BI/BW consultants for the creation of the extractors from the source data, and building the info cubes for multipurpose reporting.
- Worked as functional consultant in a global environment related to the VISTEX implementation.
- Created test scripts for the Unit, Integration testing and assisted users in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) cycles and documented the results in HP Quality Center.
- Assisted the Testing team during the regression -Test Automation using QTP.
- Provided hyper care and successful resolution of the defects using remedy.
- Worked on closing procedures and provided MIS support for the batch job triggers and batch job results validation.
- Unit Testing of Individual transactions
Confidential, Hoffman Estates, IL
SAP FICO Consultant
- Analyzed and determined the organizational structure and current business process being followed at ITRON and provided business analysis in the form of a Blue Print.
- Responsible for implementing Product Costing and Profitability Analysis, Cost center Accounting and Profit Center accounting modules as per the design.
- Configured Cost center Accounting, Created cost centers, activity types, statistical key figures, Cost Center Standard Hierarchy, cost center categories, maintained default account assignments and automatic account assignments as per the design.
- Configured the valuations and Account assignment - Account determination, Split Valuation, Price control, and Account grouping for the movement types, Balance sheet valuation procedures- LIFO, FIFO.
- Configured Product cost planning- Standard cost estimates covering the cross company code transfer.
- Involved in the Requirements analysis, configuration, test, implementation and documentation of actual costing with dual currency for multiple international company codes and plants with integration of CO-PA.
- Helped end users in month end closing operations involving overhead calculation, variance calculation, Result Analysis settlements and activity price calculations.
- Carried out Valuation in CO-PA planning to access pricing and product cost information for products having planned quantities, thereby allowing projected revenue and cost-of-sales figures to be calculated automatically.
- Assisted the shared Services ( Corporate Accounting) teams during the month end activities.
- Provided the hyper care after the Go Live.
Confidential, Huston, TX
SAP FICO Consultant
- Involved in up-gradation from ECC 4.7 to ECC 6.0.
- Involved in Migration of data from Classic GL to New GL through different phases of migration cockpit.
- Configured the settings in G/L area, such as creating G/L master data, cross-company code transactions, with multiple currencies and multiple company codes, and open item clearing.
- Configured GL transactions for business processes such as fast-entry screens, posting, parking, reversals and month end closings.
- Configured and maintained House banks with multiple bank accounts, Alternate bank selections for payments, assigned check lots and defined void reason codes.
- Integrated the Asset management with the plant maintenance module. Defined the LSMW object for uploading asset masters.
- Worked on integration of FICO with MM and SD for Inventory valuation, Movement types, and functions such as GR and Invoice verification.