- Senior SAP analyst with 9 yrs. of expertise in ABAP, EDI and PI developments.
- Good experience in Onsite - Offshore model with 2 projects as an onsite ABAP lead.
- Major onsite implementation experience for automotive components industry in Europe(Germany,Italy and Spain) and USA as per Global rollout template.
- Good cross-functional knowledge in SD,MM,WM,FI,PP,PM and exposure in HR module for leading technical teams, with functional and end user perspective.
- Expert in RF scanning and ITS mobile for complete Scanning solution for process optimization in SAP core operations in supply chain and logistics (MM/WM/PP/PM/SD) including customizing for mobile data entry.
- Worked on complex EDI integration scenarions with SAP Idocs and OpenText/GXS TLE B2B translator.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with data migration, designing, coding, review and testing RICEF objects .
- Development of PI objects for interfaces between SAP and 3rd party systems and banks.
- Expert level knowledge in best practises for 3rd party interfacing tools for SAP.
- Development of performance centred key business applications and report development in FI/CO for Financial Services industry.
- Setting up of Payment Media workbench and creating DME formats for transmitting payment files to major Banks in Europe and USA.
- Worked on SAP RETAIL implementation Project.
- Worked on ESS MSS modules in HR.
- A very good team player and adept in logical and analytical skills.
- Expert in providing complete scanning solution including customising for Logistics execution/Mobile data entry with SAP ITS mobile, SAP console.
- Good expertise in SAP EDI integration with GXS, TLE workbench mapping including creation of translation maps for various EDI transaction sets in both ANSI and EDIFACT systems and setting up of trading partners.
- Development of code with optimum reusability techniques to make application maintenance an easy job.
- Providing solutions that are easily adaptable to multiple system landscapes operating under different language and currency set ups.
- Good understanding of user exits, BADI's and enhancement framework to provide custom solutions to complex business scenarios not covered under standard SAP. Usage of SWITCH framework and tables for controlling the enhancements.
- Choosing from various available enhacement techniques from, VOFM routines,BTE,customer exits,user exits, to achieve optimum business functionality.
- Experience working with Payment Media Workbench (PMW) and DME formats.
- Expert in managing and troubleshooting day to day EDI and IDOC issues.
- Development of cockpits in ABAP for easy IDOC monitoring.
- Development of Classical, Interactive and ALV reports with dynamic features and optimum performance.
- Good experience in Performance tuning especially using parallel processing techniques.
- Designing Layouts using ADOBE forms Smartforms and Scripts usable in multiple languages across many countries.
- Development of labels using ADOBE, BARONE and ZEBRA designer a third party design tool for Zebra printers.
- In depth knowledge working with Data Dictionary elements.
- Versatile debugging skills.
- Good understanding of Authorization concept.
- Adept in screen design using Module Pool, Screen and Menu Painters.
- Rich experience in Data Migration and conversions (BDC Session & Call transaction, BAPI’s, LSMW and ECATT)
- Working with LDB's and SAP Queries.
- Detailed research and indepth analysys for implementing complex SAP NOTES.
- Development of Objects using ABAP OO (Object - Oriented) Concepts.
- Development of objects for ESS and MSS modules in SAP HR.
- Development of Function Modules for BW.
- Development of objects in ABAP Webdynpro.
- Development experience in SAP PI.
- Expertise in Translation and Unicode conversion of various objects in SAP.
- Expertise in Transport request management for ABAP transports requests in multi instance landscape.
Confidential, Geneva, Illinois
Senior ABAP Consultant
- Design and develop RF scanning solution that enables goods receipt, goods issue, inventory count, internal operations and shipping activities with mobile scanners.
- Customize Mobile data entry settings for enabling RF scanning.
- Customize output settings as per plant specific print strategy.
- Develop EDI maps for Suppliers and customers and set up tranding partners.
- Act as a liaison between business knowledge experts, functional and technical teams for optimum solution development of key processes.
- Troubleshoot data migration issues and direct legacy teams for error free data uploads.
- Design and develop Surcharge interface solution to manage the pricing of finished products based on dynamically changing prices of raw materials due to surcharges.
- Create functional specifications for FI reporting.
- Interfacing SAP to 3rd party tools used in the powder metal industry.
- Interfaces for BANK using DME (Data Medium Exchange) formats.
- Troubleshooting PI connectivity issues and development of PI objects for interfaces between SAP and 3rd party.
- To create below Menu's usable under Inventory management, Production and Shipping processes.
- Goods receipt for Purchase order
- Goods issue for Production order with returnable containers
- Goods receipt for STO’s.(Stock transport orders).
- Goods receipt of handling units for a production order.
- Create Return deliveries to receive returnable containers
- Internal operations for transfer posting in Inventory management
- Picking and Packing of deliveries
- Physical Inventory count and WIP stock count.
- EDI integration with suppliers and customers.
- Created outbound 850 and 830 maps to send Purchase orders and scheduling agreement data to vendors.
- Created inbound 856 to update ASN information into Purchase orders and create inbound delivery.
- Created inbound and outbound 856 for various customers in ANSI system.
- Created DELFOR,DELJIT,DESADV maps as per various customer formats in EDIFACT system.
- Modified various maps per changing business realities and customer needs.
- SAP PI
- Development and maintenance of PI interface objects between SAP and 3rd party database and vice versa in the following scenarios
- File to File with and without mapping,
- File to RFC
- File to JDBC with stored procedures.
- SAP to Banks using SFTP and FTP.
- Surcharges are common practice in manufacturing industries. Surcharges are add-on prices on the base of the actual raw material base prices. These prices are dynamic in nature and are dependent on Metal indexes and are updated on monthly basis.
- Custom transactions are developed to perform the below key processes.
- Load base price change and surcharge component prices of raw material, being received from Vendors on monthly basis.
- Compute Finished material surcharge component price from the surcharge and base price change components of constituent raw materials.
- Update Customer specific conditions to the surcharge add on practices.
- Include the surcharge prices in various payment transactions from various pricing routines.
- Implement enhancements to facilitate payments to AP and AR accounts accrued due to surcharges.
- Implement new condition type to correct rounding issues with unit price calculation.
- Batcher Interface:
- Mix data information to show the BOM data of a finished metal.
- Post production order in SAP with actual mix information from Batcher.
- Inventory adjustment to correct raw material data as reported by Batch mixing database on timely basis.
- Configure PMW (Payment media workbench) for Banks and attach the bank specific DME format.
- Activation of BTE (Business Transaction Event) for sending emails to vendors at the time of payment run. (F110)
- Customizing the payment script as per company specific layout.
- Creation of Events and exits in the PMW to accommodate customer specific logic for some fields.
- Creation of partner profile for Banks to send the payments as IDOCs using message type PAYEXT.
- SOX Compliance -User Authorization Matrix report:
- A Report is created in SAP to show Tcode based authorization for users.
- The report lists all authorization objects that have activity (create,change,display,etc) as a check field.
- Report lists Role,Composite role,Profile,Tcode,Authorization object,Activity along with user data and validity dates.
- The report output is downloaded to Excel and used as input for an external software (EZ compliance) to check for SOX related audit and compliance.
- WIP Queue Information System:
- A program is created in SAP to show WIP stock against each operation for all the active production orders.
- A scanning menu is created for users to record actual WIP based on Confirmation number per operation in the production order.
- The program compares the SAP WIP stock with the actual WIP and has option to update any adjustments to stock to allign the inventory.
- The program is based on standard Tcode COOIS, and is used as part of inventory cycle count process.
Confidential, Sanford, North Carolina
Senior ABAP Consultant - Team Leader
- Solely responsible for handling the team and meeting the deadlines of implementation of the Technical Development.
- Design and develop scanning solution that enable picking, putaway, packing, delivery, foolproof and other warehouse and shipping activities with mobile scanners.
- Assist Business users to monitor and resolve IDOC failures and EDI issues.
- Manage EDI map developments and changes.
- Develop technical specifications for SAP enhancements to fulfill gaps between EDI requirements and SAP function modules.
- Work closely with Business analysts and functional consultants to provide custom solutions that could not be customized in SAP.
- Understanding of the as-is business process documents to build to-be business process documents & preparation of design documents, problem analysis, complexity determination, effort estimation.
- Assist functional team with debugging in timely resolution of existing bugs or providing suitable alternatives for problems identified.
- Preparation/modification of project related templates (Checklist for the high-level & low-level design doc, code review doc, clarification/issue Log).
- Scope, plan and strategy for data migration.
- Preparation of high level & low-level Technical Specification and UTP documents of ABAP development objects.
- Work with functional teams to assist creation of functional specifications and proto type future developments.
- Work as a team lead for the offshore development team and responsible for coordinating activities from the offshore team.
- Status reporting and performance review of team members.
- Management of transport requests for ABAP.
- Developed inbound/outbound translation maps and setting up of tranding partners for various customers
- Planning schedule and JIT (830,862)
- ASN (Automatic Shipment Notification 856).
- Payment Advice (820)
Senior ABAP Consultant.
- Primarily responsible for ABAP developments in reengineering of warehouse as per the changed model.
- Analyzing functional requirements and preparation of program specifications, ABAP Coding, Testing and documentation of the ABAP objects.
- Creation of interfaces to support external applications with data from and to SAP.
- Code performance review.
- Status reporting and Review.
- Development of RICEF objects.
- Management of transport requests for ABAP
- Application PRO is used by the Automotive Employee to stage raw materials on to Assembly line, move finished products to WH and Returns to WH.
- Application 1DL is used by 3rd party Vendors to move materials from GR area to WH / Quality inspection / preproduction and from Quality inspection to WH.
- Application KTK is used by the Automotive Employee to move around small parts
- Performance improvement of MB51:
- SAP NOTES implementation to improve performance of MB51/MB5B.
- Modifications of existing reports and applications that read material documents data as per new enhancement to improve the performance.
- COSWIN-SAP interface programs to post Purchase Requisitions into SAP. Postings are done via BAPI.
- The File transfer is done through Application Server. All the Purchase orders created are posted back into the COSWIN system via Application Server.
- Scripts / Smartforms:
- Creation of Putaway Label with Horizontal and Vertical Barcodes of varying sizes customized to the Kyocera Printers.
- Creation of BOM with Barcodes of all the materials included.
- Primarily responsible for ABAP developments in FI module.
- Design and development of custom transactions in SAP RETAIL.
- Design and development of ESS and MSS interface in SAP HR deployable in portal.
- Provide production support and quick resolution of critical issues.
- Timely closure and reporting of support tickets.
- Branch wise P&L MATRIX report for all Expense and Revenue GL accounts against Cost centers in a given Period. The report dynamically constructs the ALV grid for various possible GL accounts based on user input.
- Opening Balance report for Vendor, GL and Customer accounts. The report displays line items as in SAP standard reports, FBL1N, FBL3N and FBL5N along with Opening balances.
- Customizing the standard reports Document Journal and Compact Journal by adding new fields and changing layout from ALV hierarchy to ALV grid display.
- Development of Vendor Master, Customer Master and GL Master Reports.
- Development of Asset Creation Report, which would run in background and email all the assets created and their transactional data to certain email ids.
- Development of Ageing Report for Customer and Vendor, which would display all the open items, bifurcated across intervals of time given by user at selection screen.
- User Exit as part of Substitutions in Accounting Documents for generating predefined Text based on Account details. The exit automatically fills the Text field based on details on Vendor/Customer when documents are created from FB01.
- Disabling Posting of parked documents based on certain conditions using Business Transaction Events.
- Customization of SAP tcodes for Accounting Documents (FB02 FB03) to disable certain menu options.
- Voucher printing for accounting documents for a given value of Document Number, Company code and Fiscal year. The Voucher is customized with company header and is displayed as ADOBE form enabling it printer friendly both for Laser and Dot Matrix Printers.
- BDC’s to Upload Transactional Data into new Server installed for various types of account postings.The BDC’s are coded for a complex set of situations where the number of line items is not fixed in an account posting. The file transfer is done through Application server and a mail is triggered upon completion of the job.
- Developed report to display Gift Vouchers Sold, Redeemed and Expired.
- Developed Report to display Gift Vouchers dispatched from Head quarters to various sites.
- Developed Sales Register report, indicating the total expenditure incurred across various sites, regions for any Fiscal year period.
- Developed SIS (Shop In Shop) On Approval and On consignment Reports.
- User Exit:
- Modified Standard form for Purchase Order to get Company header, Logo, changed paragraph and character formats.
- Created Multiple Purchase order Layouts based on Document type.
- Created Screen Exit and Function Exits for inclusion of new fields in Purchase Order.
- User Exit to restrict line items in PO.
- Primarily responsible for ABAP developments of EXIM solution a SAP add on solution.
- Development of pre shipping and excise forms.
- EXIM solution in ABAP Webdynpro:
- Involved in the detail design of the EXIM screens (built on ABAP Webdynpro)
- Involved in development on ABAP Webdynpro for the following modules.
- EXIM Strategy development.
- EXIM Customs development.
- EXIM License development.
- EXIM Excise development.
- Involved in development of Packing List and other Preshipment report documents.
- Designed layout for EXIM policy comprising forms ARE1, 2 and 3 and populated the values for the relevant fields from the database tables.
- Designed Billing documents for EXIM which are Bill of Entry, Covering letter, Self-declaration Form.
- Designed Bill of Lading, as per given templates.