- A highly motivated professional with over 9 years of strong functional experience including 8 years SAP FICO, AP as Designing, Business Process Re - Engineering, Implementing, Customizing, Configuring, Integrating, Go-Live & Supporting roles.
- Completed 3 full life cycle projects as per ASAP methodology: Expertise in the areas of Analysis, Design and Development, implementation, testing and production support.
- Experience in Blueprint, Configuration, Unit, User Acceptance and Integration Testing, Training, Documentation and Production support
- Extensive functional experience in Configuration and Customization in FI-GL, AR, AP, Internal Orders and experience in CCA, PCA, SPL
- Sound knowledge in integrating FI with SD, PS and MM modules (Procurement, Sales, Billing)
- Data Migration specifications with BDC, Legacy System Migration workbench (LSMW) for data uploads for various SAP Projects
- Working experience on Reports, Interfaces, Conversions, Enhancements, Forms and Workflows (RICEFW)
- Worked on cross-functional integration FI/CO module with other modules like MM, PP, SD and PS
- Worked on the third party systems, had knowledge on the flow of information from various systems and involved in post-production issues and customization of the user required reports
- Skilled in LSMW, CATT, IDOCS, ABAP queries, report writer / report painter, EDI, solution manager, and RICEF objects
- Proficient in External Reporting and preparation of Financial Statements with good understanding of GAAP, IFRS and Sarbanes Oxley Act
- Hands on experience in RICEFW Designing, customized business process Reports and Forms.
- Performed Unit Testing, Integration Testing and also assisted end users in User Acceptance Testing to validate the business scenarios using quality tools such as HPQC.
- Experienced in Post Implementation Production Support and training the end-users using the RWD uPerform tool.
- Worked on configuration of Vertex and Sabrix for tax calculation.
- Exposure to US GAAP, Order to Cash (OTC) and Procurement to Pay process (PTP), Automatic Payment Program, Lockbox, Treasury Management, LSMW, ECATT, EDI and IDOCS
- Excellent communication skills, exceptional ability to perform individually, good interpersonal relations, motivated and hardworking personal.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills and abilities to make balanced & independent decisions
- Understanding & Analyzing customers ‘AS-IS’ Business Processes and mapping ‘TO-BE’ processes.
ERP Packages: SAP R/3 4.6/4.7C, ECC 5.0, ECC 6.0
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office 2003/2007
Database: Oracle 8.i, MS Access
Operating Systems: DOS, Windows 95/98/2000/XP/Vista/7
Programming languages: Visual Basic 6.0, HTML
Confidential, Denver, CO
SAP FICO Consultant
- Configured General Ledger - Created Master records, accounts groups, number ranges and G/L accounts for each company code, accounts maintenance and preparation to master files, substitutions and validations rules for documents, recurring entries, house banks, interest calculations etc.
- Configured Cost Center Accounting (CO - CCA) included creation of cost center hierarchy and cost center groups, assigned work center to cost centers.
- Configured CO-Internal Orders (IO) by maintaining Order Types, Screen Layouts, Order Groups, Settlement Rules and Settlement Profiles.
- Created customer Account group, Special GL indicators and number range assignments
- Configured Interest calculation program for the customers (FI-AR).
- Configured the NEW GL and the current ledgers being set as leading ledgers and update rules for the other ledgers based on the report requirements.
- Developed and configured the Electronic bank statement, Cash management and Lock box procedure in Treasury (FI-TR).
- Configured areas of AP - house banks, automatic payment program etc. and areas of AR - dunning, Interest Calculation and Credit Management (FI-AR).
- Worked on integrating of FI with MM, SD and PP modules, Fine-tuning interfaces with FI GL, AP, and AR including validation / substitution rules (FI).
- Configured Archiving for Funds Management (FI-FM).
- Configured the Standard cost estimates for finished products, Costing run for Materials at Plant level with the price update parameters for updating the price in Material Master Records in Product Costing (CO-PC).
- Extensively worked on Cost Object controlling, period ending activities such as WIP calculations, Variance calculations, settlements of process orders, cost estimate updates, costing run, mark and release for updating the price in material master records, display reports etc in Product Costing (CO-PC).
- Configured New G/L according to the company level accounting (FI-GL).
- Designed and configured Material Valuation in Material Ledger based on standard prices and moving average price (V) including distribution of price difference between raw materials and finished goods inventory.
- Designed, configured, and implemented accounts payable check printing, periodic Sales and Use tax reporting, and related month end financial reports.
- Customized Credit Management Functionality including Maintenance of Credit Control Areas, Credit Risk Categories, and Credit Representative Groups etc(FI-AR).
- Defined Reason codes, Customized Reason Code Conversion Versions & Mapped external reason codes to the defined reason codes to facilitate accountability for the underpayment and overpayment of incoming payments from customers (FI-AR).
- Solved problems on Invoice, Cash Application, Lockbox, Electronic Payments, and Automatic Customer Payment, clearing programs, Settlement, Adjustments, Credit Management and Banking integration.
Confidential, Corona, CA
SAP FICO Consultant
- Understanding the existing business process and documenting the To-Be process for finance and accounting systems.
- Tested FI transactions for field errors, missing data and for various RICEFW objects. Modified the field changes and enhanced the custom programs.
- In general ledger accounting, made settings for the line item display using the ABAP list view.
- Defined a new field status group in the field status variant to maintain more account specific screen layout for general ledger accounts.
- Setup of Automatic payment program, for a new payment method of wire transfer, which included the settings of payment methods per company code for payment transactions and settings of bank determination for payment transactions.
- Created account assignment models for recurring entries.
- Worked extensively on asset accounting module for the maintenance of asset classes, depreciation keys, and ordinary/special/unplanned depreciation methods.
- Defined an interest indicator for account balance interest calculation in bank accounting.
- Trained users on month end and year end processes for balance sheet and profit/loss statements.
- Written functional and technical specifications for the new custom developments which included reports, forms and enhancements.
- Created test scenario and performed unit and integration testing.
- Prepared training material for the users.
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
SAP FICO Consultant
- Analyzed the AS-IS system, did a profound GAP analysis and successfully designed and mapped the TO-BE system on SAP at clients’ site.
- Assisted in the Full Cycle implementation through the Project Planning, Blueprints, Realization, Go-live and Post Go-Live Support.
- Configured Company Codes and maintained Chart of Accounts, Financial Accounting Global Settings.
- Configured document types, posting period variants, fiscal year period variant and financial statement versions.
- Created G/L master records and reconciliation accounts for sub ledgers.
- Customized account groups, field status groups and posting keys.
- Configured the foreign currency valuation of the open items and account balances by configuring the valuation procedure.
- Configured Accounts Payable (A/P), customized vendor master data, specified number ranges, one-time vendors, credit memos, reconciliation accounts, special ledgers for advance payment postings, GR & IR accounts and configured Automatic Payment Program.
- Configured House Banks, bank accounts, check lots and void reason codes.
- Configured automatic account assignments for MM and SD.
- Maintenance of the Bank Clearing Accounts, Reconciliation Accounts for AP.
- Configured Accounts Receivable (A/R), defining Customer master records, groups, number ranges, Terms of payment, Interest calculation, Automatic Incoming Payments, and Lockbox procedure.
- Created Credit Control Areas and Pre-Defined Credit Limits for customers.
- Payment program and Payment Run configuration is completed for Check Printing, Testing of Vendor and Customer Master Data.
- Configured Asset Accounting (A/A) handled Acquisitions, capitalization of AUC, transfers and retirements. Configured revaluation depreciation area and cost accounting depreciation. Created asset classes choosing/changing of period control, depreciation keys and depreciation methods. Maintained the transfer of assets from one unit to another unit; Assets sale and scrapping of assets.
- Integration of FI with MM & SD, provided configuration support in MM, SD integration for account determination of MM (Procure-to-Pay), and SD (Order-to-Cash).
- Customized manual bank statement transaction and check deposit transaction, pay in slip printing for the Bank accounting.
- Created master records of Cost Elements, Cost Element Groups, Reconciliation Ledger, Cost Centers, Cost Center Groups and Standard Hierarchy.
- Configured both costing based CO-PA and account based CO-PA, created characteristics and value fields, used various derivation techniques and rules, configured valuation using product costing and costing sheet. Defined various reports.
- Configured Product Costing (CO-PC) for standard cost estimates in cost object controlling for the production orders with quantity structure and configure for WIP Calculations and variance calculations, maintained settlement structures. Created the cost variants, valuation variants and made the assignments.
- Defined and configured Internal Orders and set Internal Orders settlement rules.
- Implemented complete new local Special Purpose Ledger for multiple Countries worldwide.
- Implemented complete new reporting Special Purpose Ledger for all FI/CO Fields with sequences and field exits all local requirements (Balance Sheet/P&L/Management reports).
- Developed entire Reporting for FI/CO environment (Multi-company/Multi currency/Consolidation Reports).
- Provided support in unit testing and system testing of FI General Ledger module, AP, AR, AA, TR, CCA, PCA, and Internal Orders.
- Provided training and prepared the documentation for the end-users.
Confidential, Moline, IL
SAP FICO Consultant
- Configured receivable and payable accounts for cross company transactions.
- Configured Vendors/Customers who were Customers as well as Vendors.
- Worked in credit management and Credit control areas.
- Configured Cost Center Accounting / Cost element, maintained standard hierarchy, cost center categories, distribution and assessment.
- Configured Profit Center master data, standard hierarchy, dummy profit center, profit center groups, distribution and assessments.
- Configured automatic account assignment balance sheet G/L accounts.
- Used Report Painter for reporting during the implementation of the project.
- Defined Internal Order types, maintained Settlement profile and allocation structure for different settlement rules and parameters.
- Created and generated operating concern, created characteristics, value fields and defined the segment level characteristics to address Profitability Analysis (CO-PA) requirement.
- Configured standard Cost estimate in cost object controlling, WIP calculation, variance calculation and Maintained settlement structures.
- Defined and maintained versions for Controlling Area and Operating Concern.
- Configuration in Cost Center Accounting (CO-CCA) included Creation of cost center hierarchy and cost center groups, attaching work centers to cost centers.
- Configuration of activity types and planning them on different cost centers, configuration of the system for planned and actual activity price calculations.
- Configuration of WIP and Variance Analysis for month end settlement process.
- Redesign of cost component structure to include additional overhead costs.
- Performed configuration changes of GL account mapping to MM movement types.
- Provided training to Controller and Cost Accountant on Product Costing functionality and month end close process.
- Assistance is provided with creation of roles and profiles for accounting department.
- Involved in discussions with Accounting and Engineering departments regarding usage of Configurable BOM with Material Variant and design of Work Centers.
- Creation of new costing variant for group valuation to valuate materials at original cost.
- Activation of Actual Costing and Actual Cost Component Split for different valuation areas.
- Account determination for Material ledger cost price differences and material movement transactions.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
SAP FICO Consultant
- Configured FICO modules including GL, AR, AP, AA & CEA, CCA, PCA, during rollout of 3 company codes
- Testing of system upgrade to EHP 6 Functionality from functional standpoint
- Conduct Workshops with SAP Team and Business Leads in order to understand business requirements.
- Prepared the strategy for mapping of legacy accounts to SAP GL accounts and coordinated on all charts of accounts mapping activities
- Extensively worked on Customer Master Records to develop a centralized master
- Worked on Accounts Receivable Analysis reports like ageing & collections summary
- Mapped and Defined the Chart of Accounts and Customized to the Client requirements.
- Configured the settings for Sales and Use Tax.
- Defined the G/L accounts for Materials Management and Set up the Integration between FI and MM
- Fixed Asset Conversion into SAP which are managed offline outside of the sap for 70000 assets.
- Configuration of Asset accounting included Chart of Depreciation, Assignment of Chart of Depreciation across Company Codes & Account Determination.
- Maintained Depreciation keys & Fixed Asset Depreciation Areas as per group & local currencies.
- Configured Fixed Asset module for Acquisition, Retirement, and Transfers & for Intercompany Asset Transfers.
- Implemented SAP solution for India localization of asset accounting at block level
- Provided solution to accommodate the Income Tax depreciation calculation change based on useful life f assets for Indian company code
- Worked on production and development issues using SOLMAN Incident Management tool
- Extensively worked in controlling modules to design Cost Centers, Profit Center hierarchies as per Business Scenario and Processes.
- Month and Year end closing support in FI, CO & AA
- Development of plan and actual data reports using the report painter/writer tool.
- Worked with the ABAP team for Customization of FI/CO Tables and User Exits.
- Trained Business Process Owners and End Users.
- Provided Production Support including Month-end and Year-end closing
SAP FICO Consultant
- Developed integration points between SAP and Oracle for FICO
- Developed point to point mapping from SAP to Oracle Staging
- Managed all FICO modules of SAP such as AP, AR, GL, AA, FM, CCA and PCA
- Completed validation testing and preparation of system test cases for end to end development.
- System test cases involve preparation of real time business scenarios, testing of those scenarios in test environment, validation of test case and documentation.
- Executed validation testing and acted as test manager
- Prepared training documents
- Configured fund management module
- Worked on ORACLE tool OBIEE