- SAP BW/BI Technical Consultant with over 8 years of experience in modules of Logistics (MM, SD), FI - CO, AR, CRM and HR/HCM systems and strong emphasis on Business Objects Enterprise.
- Total IT experience of 9 years with 8+ years in SAP BW/BI environments including 5+ years in SAP Business Objects.
- Involved in 3 full life cycle implementations which includes Netweaver 04s (BI 7.0) and BW 3.5.
- Proficient with ASAP Methodologies and Gap Analysis in the Implementation of Project phases like Requirement Gathering, Business Blueprint, Development & Realization, Go-Live, Production Support and End User Documentation.
- Expertise in Data Modeling and Re-Modeling of Info Cubes, DSOs (Standard, Direct update and Write optimized), Info Objects, Info Areas, Info Sets, Info Sources, Virtual Providers. Sound Knowledge of Multi Providers, Data Marts, Open Hub Services.
- Expertise in data extractions from Back-end Business Warehouse Component Extractors like LO-Cockpit, CO-PA, and Generic Extractors.
- Excellent skills working with Flat File Extraction, BI Content Data Sources and extraction models including Full and Delta updates.
- Good experience in dealing with both SAP and non-SAP systems. Developed all kinds of Routines (Start, End and Expert) during the creation of Transformations and DTP’s using BADI’s through ABAP.
- Expertise in BMC Remedy tool to resolve the Tickets raised by the business users which was integrated with SAP Solution Manager.
- Expertise in BEx Analyzer, Query Designer, Web Application Designer, Info-Set queries. Experience with Front-end Business Warehouse Components, which involved constructing custom queries using Variables, Structures, Conditions and Exceptions, Restricted and Calculated Key Figures. Expertise in publishing queries to web portals through Web Analyzer.
- Strong skills in extracting the data from ADS, BSP, XML/XSLT, IDOC, RFC, File, JMS, JDBC, J2EE adapters, SOAP, Web Services and other third party ETL tools.
- Effectual skills to build reports in Business Objects. Expertise in using BOBJ Enterprise Tool Set (Universe Designer, Web Intelligence, SDK, Desktop Intelligence, Live Office, Xcelsius, Crystal Reports, Analysis for OLAP/office, explorer and QAAWS).
- Effective skills to build reports in Business Objects 4.0. Expertise in Creating Xcelsius Dynamic Dashboards using SAP BI data/ BEx Queries.
- Involved in installation of Business Objects BI 4.0 and service packs including migration from SAP BOXI 3.1 to SAP BI 4.0 BOBJ 4.0 .
- Involved in migration of Universes and reports from Business Objects XI R3 to Business Objects BI 4.0.
- Expertise in using Universe Designer and Information Design Tool IDT over BEx queries and Info Cubes to migrate & model data from BI to BO for reporting. Excellent skills to develop reports using WEBI 4.0 and Crystal Reports.
- Strong Knowledge in creating Connections using Data Connection manager like Live Office, QAAWS, Flash Variables, SAP BI connectors, XML.
- Extensively worked in INFOVIEW and BI Launch Pad to create Web Intelligence Reports over the Universe. Extensively worked in Combination Queries, designed Drill Specific Reports.
- 2 Years of hands on Experience with new SAP Business Objects Enterprise 4.0 products of IDT, UDT, Explorer, Advanced Analysis, Crystal reports 2011, Webi, Xcelsius 2011 and CMC and BICS connections.
- Worked on various kinds of Performance Tuning techniques such as Aggregates, Rollups, Indexes, Partitions and Info-Cube Compression techniques. Also used BI Accelerator BWA to improve the query or reporting performance on high end info cubes.
- Experience in using Report Conversion Tool, Publishing wizard, CMS, CCM, and CMC.
- Performance tuning in SQL optimization, Caching methods, parallel data loading, etc.
- Experience of SQL development with any major RDBMS databases, like DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, etc
- Strong noledge in maintaining Events & Process Chains. Contributed in Testing & Transporting of extractors, data loads and reports from development to testing and Production.
- Production Support skills: load monitoring, enhancements and change requests.
- Possess a very strong technical foundation with distinctive analytical abilities. Experience in managing offshore and on site resources. Excellent communication skills. Well organized.
Data Warehouse: BW 3.5, 7.1/7.3
Operating Systems: Windows 9x/2000/XP/Vista/7
Languages: C, Java, SQL, J2ME
ERP Packages: SAP ECC 6.0, 5.0, R/3 4.7, R/3 4.6, SAP SCM, SAP HCM
SAP Modules: SD, MM, FI, CO, HR, PP, APO 7.0.
Reporting Tools: BEx Reporting, Web Application Designer, Report Designer, Business Objects (XI 3.1/BI 4.0), Xcelsius2008/2011, Crystal Reports2008/2011, Live office and Dashboards.
Other Tools: MS Project, MS Office Suite.
Confidential - San Diego, CA
SAP BW/BI Consultant
Environment: BI 7.0/7.3/ECC 6.0/BPC/BO XI 3.1, BI 4.0/BEx/BIA/ APO, SD, MM, FI, CO-PA, HR
- As a Production Support Lead involved in debugging and monitoring load failures, solving the high priority tickets from BMC Remedy, Delta loads, planning ECC Outage for filling up of setup tables for Logistics (LO) extractors, Minimizing the Init load and setting v3 jobs, Selective deletions and loading etc.
- Constant interaction with the Business users in gathering their requirements and problems related to current reports and fixing them.
- Different Functional areas involved in SAP BW/BPC were APO - Demand Planning and Commitment Planning
- SAP R/3 - Sales, Purchasing, Finance - Accounts Receivables, Controlling & Profitability Analysis, Product Cost Accounting, Human Resources, Inventory Management and Plant maintenance.
- Legacy Interfaces - Point of Sales (CDW), Budgets, Logistics, MPI, GPS/PSI and Roots.
- Facilitated sessions with business user to define requirements and document those requirements.
- Created new required Technical and Functional documents depending on the changes we did as enhancement projects for client.
- As enhancements TEMPhas modeled the Wizard based data flow modeling and generation of all related data flow objects including new Hybrid providers, Composite providers and Semantically Partitioned Objects and InfoObjects as needed using Netweaver 7.3.
- New data store objects created under Netweaver 7.3 were used to Support the database partitioning by time characteristics which enabled faster access of the data.
- Worked closely in managing the dataflow between R3 and BW systems. The functional areas from SOAR-R3 (RPA) system on which BW Reports were based like Inventory, FI, Sales Order, Deliveries, Billing/Invoicing, COPA, Logistics (Stock Adjustments) and Purchase Orders etc.
- Worked on major enhancement projects related to the changes required by business users and critical for business.
- Extracted Z tables data for Point of Sales (POS) which is loaded from mainframes into BW using Generic data sources. Loaded the same data into ODS and Info cubes.
- Customized Data source and Info source ‘ZIS RESTATE COPA’ and ‘1 CO PA151SON1’ were used in pulling data to DSO’s with delta mode on daily basis for CO-PA.
- Created and resolved the critical and high Incidents and Tickets created by the business users using the BMC Remedy tool which was integrated with SAP Solution Manager.
- Extracted data using Generic, Costing-based Profitability Analysis (COPA), CO Product costing and Logistic (LO) extraction for custom and pre-defined data sources.
- Created Customer exit and User exit for the variables created in the query designer and written the ABAP code successfully as enhancement projects.
- Maintaining and monitoring the automated process chains and force completing the process chains for master and transaction data load depending on the failure.
- Access to different Data sources was made via Adaptors like SAPI, SAPICRT and SAPIDIRECT, DBEEXTRACT for SAP Source Systems. Data sources included for SAP Source System, DB connect, File, UD connect, Webservices PUSH via SOAP .
- Used CONTROL-M to FORCE-OK the manual jobs which are used to support activities of BW loads to hold and release the jobs for daily, weekly and monthly loads.
- Used ABAP extensively for Start routines, End routines, User Exits and look up’s while enhancing the data sources and transformations.
- Created adhoc reports using BEx query designer and Analyzer on Mutliproviders, Infocubes and Infosets depending on the user requirements.
- Created various Restricted Key Figures, Variables, Structures, Selections and Formulae at the query level during my tenure.
- Performance techniques like compression, aggregates, deleting Indices, roll ups, remodeling and reconstruction has been implemented on the Info cubes to increase the performance of the reports.
- Regular activities included business interaction, Master and transactional data deletion and load, process chain monitoring offshore, client meetings and enhancements.
- Created universes, classes, objects, and predefined conditions in Designer and IDT in Business Objects BI 4.0.
- Involved in planning and three implementation stages of Analyzing of business problem and planning the universe solution, designing a schema, Building the universe, distributing the universe to users.
- Expertise in Creating Xcelsius Dynamic Dashboards using SAP BI data/ BEx Queries using BICS connections
- Created Joins, aliases and Contexts. Resolved loops by creating Aliases and Context.
- Row level security is implemented with different connections for different user groups. Experienced in managing CMC, CCM.
- Created User Prompts, Conditions and Filters to improve the report generation.
- Created reports from multiple sources & functionalities like slice & dice, drill down in Crystal Reports CR 2011 . Developed Webi and crystal reports on top of OLAP Universes, and created dashboards using Xcelsius.
- Resolved join problems such as loops, chasm traps, and fan traps, which occurred in the structure by using aliases or contexts.
- Tuning the SQL to improve the performance of the reports.
Confidential - New York, NY
SAP BI/BO Consultant
Environment: BI 7.0,7.3/ECC 6.0/BO XI 3.1, BI 4.0/BEx/HR/ SD/ MM
- Worked with Business Managers and End users in documenting requirements, providing estimates, creating High Level Design and Detail design specifications.
- Worked with the PM group to identify the priorities, to no the Business Critical and complex universes and reports.
- Experience in Business Objects migration from to BOXI 3.1 to XI 4.0 BI 4.0 and using Upgrade Management tool.
- Created multiple Secured Connections to build the OLAP Universes using the Source as BEx Queries and relational database in the BOBJ Universe Designer.
- Created Universes over BEx queries and Info cubes of SAP BI using Universe Designer and IDT.
- Designed Functional and Technical specifications for Implementation and Development of BO XI 3.1 over SAP BI.
- Developed 200+ complex Web Intelligence financial and daily sales reports using BO 4.0 Web Intelligence tool based on the BICS connection and SAP Bex queries as the data source
- Worked with data analysis, mapping source and target systems for data migration efforts and resolving issues related to data migration.
- Hands on experience with all the new tools in BI 4.0 including BI Launch Pad, IDT, LCM, CMC, Report conversion tool, Crystal 2011, Xelcisus 2011, Universe designer, etc.
- Responsible for Designing the universes by creating the Business Objects data model selecting and joining tables, indicating cardinalities, creating aliases to resolve the loops, subdividing into contexts and creating the objects which are grouped into classes.
- Designed and Developed extensive Business Objects reports using multiple Queries, combination of chart and tables.
- Developed various full client and thin client reports using Business Objects and Web Intelligence.
- Wide usage of Drill mode, Slice and Dice techniques to modify the reports in accordance with the user’s analysis needs.
- Worked extensively on Designer, Web Intelligence (webi), Desktop Intelligence (Deski), Crystal reports 2008 and Central Management Console (CMC).
- Developed Complex Reports (Used multiple data providers, Union, Master/Detail, cross tab, Charts and Formulae’s).
- Build Xcelsius Dashboards using SAP Web services created from SAP Net weaver. Without the need of any BOBJ Platform to import data into excel sheet to serve as the input for the dashboard.
- Imposed several Joins, Filters, and Alerter to restrict the unwanted data and highlight the required data.
- Worked closely with the Architects to address the performance issues from the server side
- Created various Dynamic LOV’s and New parameter classes using SQL for Crystal Reports using Business View Manager as semantic layer.
- Created the reports using Crystal Reports functionalities like Add Queries (Command), Sub Reports, Drill down, Cross-Tab, Formulas, Parameters along with Dropdown lists etc.
- Expertise in using functions like @aggregate aware, @prompt, @select and creating custom hierarchies.
- Worked with complex scheduling features in CMC including calendars and event based scheduling.
- Strong experience in SAP Business Objects Administration/ CMC to create and manage the Users and Groups, applications, Security and rights to the Users.
Confidential - Irvine, CA
Senior SAP BI/BO Consultant
Environment: NW 2004S/BI 7.0/ECC 6.0/BO XI 3.1, 3.1/BEx/MM/SD/FI/CO/PP/HR
- Involved in complete life cycle Implementation of SAP BI that includes Data Extraction, Data Modeling, Reporting, Workshops and Blue print documents.
- Responsible for developing BI data models and designs, configuring custom and delivered BI content, analyzing BI reporting requirements, developing detailed reporting specifications.
- Actively involved in BI 7.0 Upgrade Testing, SAP BW migration from BW3.5 to SAP BI 7.X versions.
- Conducted BW data modeling, configuration, and content activation and authorization concepts for development, testing and production environments.
- Analyzing the functional inputs. Interacting with functional team to resolve the issues in the given objects. Development of technical specifications for the developments assigned.
- Customized existing Human resource Info cubes, DSO & Multi providers according to business needs in SAP BI.
- Performed Logistics, controlling and profitability (CO-PA), Human Resources and Generic extractions throughout the project.
- Created intermediate write optimized DSO Structures and APD’s in BI7.0 to improve performance while loading data.
- Extracted data from MM modules and uploaded the data into the procurement cubes via 2LIS 02 HDR, 2LIS 02 ITM and 2LIS 02 SCL and activated the appropriate Business Content cube.
- Successfully loaded data into purchasing cube 0PUR C01 and purchasing groups cube 0PUR C04.
- Developed Custom extractors using User Exits and Function modules.
- Created Generic Data source using DB View Extraction method for SD Master Data.
- Extensively worked on data sources 2LIS 11 VAITM, 2LIS 11 VAHDR, for sales orders and 2LIS 11 VASTI for order item status.
- Successfully loaded data into cube 0SD C03 for sales overview. Involved in ABAP coding for the routines in Transformations.
- Modified existing queries on various Info Cubes related to MM and SD. Extensively worked on Query building, Filtering, Free Characteristics, Restricted Key Figures, Variables and Query variants using BEx Analyzer.
- Maintained Process chains to automate and schedule background performance tuning jobs of BI query using Indices, aggregates, Compression and Partition.
- Involved in the Performance Tuning of Info Cubes and Query reporting.
- Query development using the BEx Analyzer/Browser, Developed flexible queries using filters and navigational attributes to facilitate data analysis in a drill down or summarized way.
- Created Universes over BEx queries and Info cubes of SAP BI using Universe Designer.
- Extensively worked on Business Objects Enterprise BO XI 3.1for reporting purposes.
- Extensively Worked in SAP Live Office to create connections b/w WEB me and Xcelsius Dashboards.
- Extensively worked on SAP QAAWS used in mapping data directly from Universe to Xcelsius Dashboards.
- Created three Xcelsius Dynamic Dashboards over SAP BI data.
- Implementation of Full life cycle including Dash boards and KPI’s in Crystal Xcelsius.
- Created Web me reports with Complex Calculations to get Alerts for Xcelsius Dashboards.
- Worked on creating tables, structures and Prompts in webI.
Confidential - Los Angeles, CA
SAP BI/BO Consultant
Environment: NW 2004S/BI 7.0/ECC 6.0/CRM 4.0/BO XI 3.1/BEx/MM/SD/FI/CO
- As a BI/BO consultant, me was involved in a full life cycle implementation in Net weaver 04s (BI 7.0).
- Extensively worked on Modeling, Customized Info Cubes, Multi Providers, Start Routines, Business Content, Generic data extraction, Data Loading (Full/Delta Up-Load), Scheduling, Monitoring Performance tuning and extracting.
- Created various Technical and Functional documents.
- Installed Business Content for CRM, HR, Sales and Financial Info Cubes to meet with user requirements.
- Extensively worked on generation of data sources, activation of data sources, transferring master data to Characteristics and Transaction data from ECC systems to Info Cubes in BI. Responsible for loading Plan/Actual Master data (Texts, Attributes and Hierarchies)/Transaction data from ECC Data Sources and from Flat Files.
- Regarding Logistics Extraction Cockpit, maintained extract structures for Sales & Distribution generated data sources & activated the extract structures for the above modules. Scheduled data uploads in cockpit.
- Used the Business Content Sales Overview Info Cube 0SD CO3, for overall sales analysis. The transaction data is loaded for Sales Order/Delivery using LO-Cock Pit.
- Extensively involved in activating Business Content for Standard Info Cubes, and Info Objects of SD and HR-Payroll Modules as per the Client Requirements.
- Activated Info Cubes like Benefits 0PABN C01, Payroll Data 0PY C02 in HRMS.
- Involved in Customized Master data such as 0EMPLOYEE and 0POSITION to meet end user requirements.
- Designed Transformations and DTPs as per the requirement. Developed ABAP routines and User -exits for this purpose.
- Creates DSO object and loaded data into Info cube from DSO object for the Deliveries. Deliveries ZSD C02 (Info cube).
- Created a cube that provides various overviews on the sales process. Sales overview ZSD C03.
- Modified existing queries on various Info Cubes related to SD and HR-Payroll. Extensively worked on Query building, Filtering, Free Characteristics, Restricted Key Figures and Variables, Query variants using BEx Analyzer.
- Extensively worked on Business Objects Enterprise BOE BO XI 3.1 for reporting purposes using WebI and DESKI.
- Designed Dynamic dashboards using Xcelsius Enterprise over SAP BI 7.0
- Worked with BEx to generate Queries and embedding them into Workbooks and also published the queries onto the web using Free Characteristics, RRI-Jump Queries, Calculated and Restricted Key figures, Filters, Variables and Exceptions.
- Extensively used the wizard in WAD and published the reports on Enterprise Portal as me Views.
- Worked with BEx Broadcaster to schedule monthly sales reports as e-mail to the users.
- Created aggregates to do performance tuning so that it improves the query performance.
- Worked extensively on testing, end user documentation and power user training.
Confidential - Lake Forest, Illinois
SAP BW Consultant
Environment: SAP R/3 4.6C, SAP BW 3.5B, BEx, FI/CO, FI-CA, SD.
- The projects predominantly dealt with the configuration of standard and custom reports based upon SD, MM, PP and FI data.
- Analysis of Reporting Requirements and Translation of these requirements into Multi-Dimensional Data Models using Star-Schema and Extended Star-Schema Data Modeling Techniques, with an emphasis on actual implementation in BW.
- Extensively worked on standard financial data providers and CO-PA cubes.
- Worked on Info spokes to send data from one BW system to another.
- Constructed custom cubes, ODS, Multi Cubes & Queries depending upon individual requirements.
- Dealt with standard business content like Sales Overview cube and Contract Condition ODS.
- Most of the extractions were based on the LO Cockpit but generic extractors were also created to satisfy the multitude user requirements to ensure the visibility for specific data.
- Worked with 0PCA C01 and 0COPA C01 cubes from business content.
- Extensively worked with 0SD C05 and 0SD C03 to fulfill client requirements of developing reports in sales and distribution.
- Performed LO-Cockpit extraction to extract the Header and line item data from the Sales and Distribution.
- Modified standard Info sources 0FI AP 4 and 0FI AR 4and populated the enhanced fields.
- Maintained Process Chains to automate and schedule the background performance tuning jobs of BW like creation of Indices, Aggregates, Compression techniques and Partitions.
- Designed new Queries and Modified the Existing Queries (SAP BW 3.5) according to requirements and generated reports.
- Developed BI reports using BEx Analyzer, created queries with Variables, restricted key figures, calculated key figures, conditions, exceptions etc.
- Worked in Web Application Designer (WAD) for creating web templates.
- Used RRI feature to jump between the Queries to analyze the data efficiently.
SAP BW Consultant
Environment: SAP R/3 4.6C (FI/CO, SD), SAP BW 3.1
- Analysis of data requirements and translation of these requirements into dimensional data models using star-schema and extended star-schema data modeling techniques.
- Installed and extended standard Business Content of SD&FI/CO using SAP best practices building blocks.
- Extracted data from SAP R/3 into BW system using data sources created through Generic extraction, cost based CO-PA, and LO Cockpit data extraction.
- Designed reports for Purchase Order Processing, Invoice Verification, Goods Receiving and Inventory Management.
- Extensively worked on various generic extraction techniques using Database views and function Modules. Created generic data sources which use the Delta Queue.
- Experienced in various Delta Update modes and timestamp techniques.
- Extended the Business Content extract structures by appending new fields and populating them with the user/function exits.
- Created custom Info Objects, Info Cubes, ODS, Data Sources, Transfer rules, Info Sources, Update rules, Info Packages to load Master data attributes, text & hierarchies and Transactional data into BW system.
- Created and maintained Role based authorizations objects using S RS COMP, S RS COMP1, S RS ICUBE authorization objects for security access to Info cubes/ODS and Query Objects.
- Created, maintained and modified existing queries on different Multi-Providers related to SD and FI/CO modules. Extensively worked on Query building, filtering data using Structures, Variables, restricted key figures and conditions.
- Published BI reports in Enterprise Portal by creating iviews, pages, workbooks and web templates.
- Improvement of Query performance by creating Aggregates, Indexes, Aggregate indexes, Query read mode Cache, Cost based optimizer, Partition and Parallel query option.
- Performance tuning of the overall BW System using BW Statistics.
- Responsible for planning and implementing the process chains load schedule for the data warehouse, including setting up batch jobs, triggering events, use of event chains and Info Packages. Monitoring of nightly loads and meeting the SLA’s.
- Sales Reporting with emphasis on Customer service metrics like activity, efficiency, fill rates, invoicing and customer complaints
- Shipments and Transportation Analysis: Shipment KPI like quantities, weights, freight cost and conditions.
- Inventory Analysis: Quantities and values, consumption analysis.
- Vendor Analysis, Invoice verification, commitments, cost, obligation and disbursement analysis using Purchasing Data sources.