- 16 years of experience designing, developing and managing n - tier service oriented applications (SOA) with high volume transactional systems in the financial, Insurance, federal and state government sectors.
- Design and development experience with web based enterprise security - IAM/IDM, SSO, WS-Security, JAAS and encryption.
- Extensive application integration (EAI/AIA) experience with web services and ESB’s
- Experienced in Object Oriented analysis/design, using UML and various open source frameworks (Apache, Eclipse, and spring).
- Strong background using Agile design and delivery methodologies. Possess excellent leadership and communication skills leading teams of developers in fast paced environments.
SECURITY: CA SiteMinder r6/r12.0/r12.52, CA IndentityMinder r12.6x, PingFederate 6.10, IBM Tivoli, Oracle IDM/OIF/OAM 11gR2, SAML 2.0, WS-Trust, WS-Sec, OpenSSO/OpenAM, LDAP/SunOne DS, JAAS
LANGUAGES: J2SE 6, JEE 1.6 (Servlets, JSP, EJB 3.0, JMS, JAAS), JSTL JMX
UNIX: C, C++, Shell scripting (SunOS/Solaris 10 Korn, Bourne, C), sed, awk, Perl
FRAMEWORKS: Apache-Jakarta (Struts 1.2, Log4j, Commons, Cactus, Lucene 2.9), Ant 1.5 Apache-Web Services/XML (Axis 1.1, Xerces, Xalan), JUnit, Spring Framework/MVC, Xdoclet, Design Patterns - GoF / J2EE APPL
SERVERS /CONTENT MANAGEMENT: WebLogic11g, WebSphere AE/EE 6.x, WebLogic Portal 10.3, Tomcat 4.1.18, Tuxedo 8.1(JATMI)WebSphere MQ, IBM Content Manager 8.2. Apache Axis 1.2, Adobe LiveCycle ES 8.x
ESB / EAI: Oracle SOA Suite 11g (OSB, BPEL PM, OEP), Apache ServiceMix (Camel, CXF, ActiveMQ, JBI)Talend ESB, Mule
IDE s: WebSphere Studio 5.1.2, Eclipse 3.2/WTP 1.5.2, BEA Workshop Studio MODELING 3.3, Jbuilder 5.0, XML Spy, Rational XDE/SA, and Poseidon 5
DATABASES /ORM: Oracle11g - PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, Pro*C, Designer, SQL Loader. DB2 - Udb 8.1, partitioning, Java stored procs. Hibernate 3.1
SOFTWARE DEVLOPMENT METHODOLOGIES: Agile (Rational Team Concert), Rational Software Architect, RUP (Rational Unified Process), XP (extreme prog.), AOPSOURCE CONTROL CVS, PVCS/Dimensions, MS-VSS, VAJ-Team Server, Clearcase
Confidential, Austin, TX
Security Architect / IAM Tech Lead
- Installation, configuration and administration of SiteMinder R12.5 and PingFederate 6.10 servers. Configuration of SiteMinder policy servers and web agents using SunOne DS v5.2 and Oracle db stores. Design and development of federated SSO infrastructure using SiteMinder Java API’s (SOA, IAM, WAM) to support Identity and Access Management (IAM) between the SiteMinder SP and PingFederate IdP: Configuration, design and development of PingFederate IdP SAML 2.0 adapters (HTTP Basic, Form) for browser based SSO. Configuration of PingFederate SP partnerships (SP adapters) with SiteMinder IDP’s.
- Development of PingFederate STS token translator adapters using the SDK to process SAML 2.0 tokens and WS-Security services for partners /SP’s.
- Deployment and configuration of CA IdentityMinder platform, provisioning servers and connectors. Design and customization of IDM environment using the IdentityMinder API’s: workflow, notification, event listener, BLTH (Business Logic Task handler), provisioning. Development of custom IdentityMinder connectors for Oracle/JDBC, MS-AD and SunOne DS to perform searches, updates and validations.
- Installation and configuration of Oracle OIM, IAM environment using OID/OVD: Integration of OIM and OAM (configuration file development). Architecture of HA and failover environment.
- Migration of Sun IDM 8.1 to Oracle OIM 11gR2: Integrated migration strategy - SIM handles front end workflows. Back end workflows migrated to OIM.
Confidential, Austin, TX
Security / SOA Tech Lead
- Designing & implementing a SOA framework for BGS web services using Talend ESB (Karaf, ActiveMQ, Talend Studio, Apache CXF). This involves developing content enrichment; content filtering and content based routing services using EIP patterns like message mediator, transformer, router, wiretap, etc. Working with Oracle SOA Suite11g (BPEL PM and Oracle Event Processing) to develop orchestration services. Develop custom Java connectors to underlying Tuxedo and .Net services. Web services development using JAX-WS.
- Transforming Use Cases into UML domain models, sequence diagrams, class diagrams, and activity/component diagrams.
- Desigining and writing a full featured text search engine using Apace Lucene 2.9 for indexing & searching government XML documents / repositories. Responsible for writing dynamic query builders and index performance enhancers to improve indexing of large documents and tuning mergeFactor & min/maxMergeDocs.
- Developing Correspondence services using Adobe LiveCycle ES (Designer ES & Workbench): Creation of XDP forms with XFA templates using AdobeScript, creation of PDF & PDF/A documents using Java/web services with LiveCycle ES services (Output ES, Forms ES). This involves merging XDP files with XML data. Developing UI components using AJAX and using XMLHttpRequest for UI asynchronous functionality.
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Designing and developing the JEE-SOA framework using web services. Implemented a claims processing module using JAX-RPC web services developed on Apache Axis 1.2 as the SOAP engine to process EDI and scanned data coming in from external vendors.
- Installed and configured SiteMinder r6sp5 infrastructure (policy server, web and app server agents) using iPlanet/SunOne directory server / LDAP: Developed a comprehensive SM installation package, created LDAP forests/trees for user stores, tuned entire SiteMinder installation after performance testing. Developed Java APIs using JAAS and java. Security* for processing X.509 digital certificates and ensuring XML message integrity, authentication, and confidentiality (XML Signature & XML Encryption using the VeriSign TSIK, and Infomosaic SecureXML libraries). Configured and implemented the TXCOMP single-sign-on (SSO) environment with SM (as producer) and OpenSSO (as the consumer)
- Content Management: Designed and developed the Partner portal using IBM ContentManager v8.2 to make customized web content, documents and digital assets available to users based on roles and functions. Using the DDO/XDO API to perform indexing/searching, reads/write to the CMS repository.
- Information Retrieval & text searching using Lucene 1.9: Designed and developed a full featured search engine for allowing users to perform full text search on workers comp claims. This involved serializing a claim into an XML Document and then breaking up each node into a Lucene Document. The searchable fields were stored in the index as lower case strings allowing for case insensitive searches as well as storing acronyms in upper case together with the original value of the searchable field. This indexing approach had two benefits: 1) Greatly improved speed of retrieval and display by avoiding the need to search through large numbers of documents. 2) Saved the overhead of using a database purely to speed up searching.
- Developing Talend and Mule ESB components: Developed Mule ESB components for messages, routing and workflow for integrating workflow with Talend ESB connectors. Developed Data access layer connectors for CMP EJBs and DAOs. Designing a workflow API using IBM Business Process Choreographer (WBISF) and WebSphere MQ.
- Lead a team of 10 developers. Responsible for project technical management, code reviews and implementing best practices.
Confidential, Wellesley Hills, MA
- Designed and developed the core J2EE services that the hub provides: Used WebLogic 8.1/Web services, Eclipse 3.0 (jdk 1.4.2), XSLT, SAX, DOM, JAXP, Castor (Xerces/Xalan) to build a highly extensible XML message processing layer that parses and transforms messages for various back end systems and coordinates workflow in a thread-safe manner. Developed Web services using SOAP over JMS and MDBs that transform and bridge together XML messages in a pub/sub and point-to-point infrastructure. Developed a data access layer comprising local/remote EJB’s using the Session Façade and DAO design patterns to transfer data from the client apps. to these heterogeneous back end systems.
- Designed and developed a text based search API for searching client portfolios using Lucene 1.4.3.
- Developed a browser client for the Distributor Management System (DMS): Involved working with a team of 4 Web Designers to creating J2EE web modules using Struts 1.1 rc2. Created the entire web framework using Tiles and sub applications. Developed JSPs using DynaActionForms, Struts Tags and the Validator. Created dynamic proxies using the Business Delegate pattern to make SOAP requests to the WLS server and to access the data layer.
- Played a key role in configuring WebLogic 8.1 clusters and domains on multiple nodes, setting up a cross-cluster JNDI caching mechanism for frequently accessed data. Worked with security team to install, configure and tune Netegrity SiteMinder r4 policies and user directories for security. Designed and developed the security modules using JAAS, SSL and Java2 Cryptography security policies for SiteMinder authorization/authentication. Developed highly customizable Ant scripts to manage builds across the CVS repository to various integration servers. This included writing Ant tasks and using WebLogic APPC, EJBGEN and WSGEN to build and deploy the entire J2EE application.
- In addition to daily technical duties, was also responsible for managing tasks and deliverables for 10 Jr. Developers on the team.
Confidential, Boston, MA
Tech Lead/Sr. Developer
- Enterprise Application Integration: Used the ACORD standard to develop XML (JDOM/Xerces/XPath) messaging APIs based on WebSphere MQ Topics/Queues and Web Services. Developed a multi threaded JMSManager API and MDBs using the Message Façade pattern to process workflow between the J2EE and mainframe tiers using Queues/Topics and SOAP over HTTP Web Services. Developed a pub/sub interface for broadcasting qualified policies to policy binding mainframe systems and external data sources. This involves developing MDB’s to subscribe to various Topics which in turn trigger events in the workflow. Developing a complex SSL based security API for easy integration with Siteminder and JAAS policy servers.
- Responsible for mentoring junior developers on application development and Design pattern best practices.
Confidential, Foxboro, MA
- Designed the entire application and content management framework based on an n-tiered J2EE architecture on WebSphere 5.0/WSAD, Documentum 5.0 and MQSi.
- Lead designer & developer for creating the employee portals and external partner UIs using Struts 1.1 and Documentum 5.0 to provide customized content delivery for internal and external users. Used Confidential to build digital asset management, document versioning and publishing APIs for web browser access by external agents and vendors.
- Developed an extendable and highly optimized data access layer over a DB2 UDB 8.1 database using BMP EJBs. Implemented various design patterns (Fast Lane Reader, Singleton, Business Delegate, DAO/DTO, session facade, EJBFactory, Proxy, etc.) across the model and controller tiers. Made extensive use of open source libraries/frameworks from The Apache-Jakarta Project like Log4J, Taglibs, Commons, and Apache-XML . Created XML-object mappers (using Castor) to map data from the mainframe to the web tier. Developed core services using JMS/MQ Factories, service locators, XML processors etc. to enable the Struts Actions to communicate with the database and legacy tiers. Developed a JMS Queue listener to pick up messages from queues and process them in real time. Played a key role in implementing performance enhancement techniques based on J2EE best practices.
- Worked with the security team to develop security APIs using SiteMinder and Java.
- Developed a testing framework using Cactus, JUnit and Ant for running tests as part of the build process
- Managed technical and coding standards for the team and performed code reviews.
Confidential, Lexington, MA
- Used WebSphere Studio Application Developer 4.0.3 / Visual Age 4.0 and Struts 1.0.2/1.1. to design and develop EJB’s, JSP’s and Custom Tags making extensive use of design patterns like Command, Façade, Value Object, MVC-tiering, DAO, Proxy, etc.
- Developed CMP-Entity Beans and Oracle stored procedures to encapsulate data from a 900GB Oracle8i database.
- Developed an XML data transfer layer using SOAP over HTTP based web services to wrap existing modules.
- Played a key role in fine tuning WebSphere EJB caching and configuring security roles thereby leading to a 40% increase in performance.
- Used open source libraries from The Apache-Jakarta Project like Log4J, Ant, ORO, Cactus and Commons.
- Used the Apache- Taglibs and BeanUtils libraries to aid in separating business logic from the view tier.
- Lead contributor in developing a WLM (Work Load Management) clustered environment for load balancing and a daily build framework using Ant 1.4.
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Designed, developed and tuned an n-tiered Equity Trading J2EE application on the WebSphere 3.5.3/4.0 platform.
- Developed UML (Rational Rose) use cases, class diagrams and sequence diagrams. Implemented the MVC design pattern using Struts 1.0.2 to present data from a 1TB Oracle8i OLTP database.
- Implemented Business logic and persistent data within EJB’s which were invoked using the Façade and Value-Object Design Patterns and passed on to JSP’s for presentation.
- Developed a highly optimized XML data messaging layer using MQSeries (JMS API) to integrate IBM legacy systems to the web tier using EAI best practices.
- Designed clustered MQSeries queue managers to manage data between various remote and local queues.
- Used Netegrity-SiteMinder to develop security objects based on roles so that the application could perform all UI presentation based on login credentials.
Confidential, Worcester, MA
- Lead developer designing and developing the EAI Business integration framework between the J2EE WebSphere 3.5.3 appl. Server and the IBM OS/390 mainframe.
- Made extensive use of RUP/UML to design the application architecture based on the Struts 1.0 framework.
- Developed, Struts Actions, EJB’s, and JSP’s using various design patterns (session façade, business delegate, singleton, etc.) and Apache-Jakarta libraries to separate business logic from the presentation tier.
- Developed a high performance XML messaging layer using MQSeries pub/sub to transfer data to and from the mainframe and middle tier.
- Used XML to package data from an DB2 database which was transformed into HTML using XSLT(Apache’s Xerces/Xalan parsers).
- Developed Java stored procedures encapsulated within a data access framework to transfer data from the middle tier to DB2.
- Key contributor in developing a security infrastructure using WebSphere’s security API and JNDI.