- Over 8 years of experience in IT industry with strong expertise in Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment process, System and Linux Administration , Software Configuration Management (SCM), Automation and Build/Release management , AWS/Cloud .
- Working experience in all phases of the software development life - cycle ( SDLC ) and outstanding knowledge on Waterfall, Agile /Scrum methodologies.
- Experienced in Administration of Production, Development and Test environments carrying different operating system platforms like Windows, Ubuntu, Red Hat Linux, SUSE Linux , Centos and Solaris servers .
- Experience in Infrastructure Development and Operations, involved in designing and deploying utilizing almost all the AWS stack like EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, RDS, SES, ELB, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Formation, Elastic Cache, Cloud Watch, SNS, Route 53.
- Used Redshift to manage the data warehouse and to run SQL queries in Exabyte of unstructured data in Amazon S3. Redshift to analyze, visualize real time data and to perform data analytics.
- Served as a first point of contact for all IT related issues for Terraform by supporting resolution of end user trouble tickets and support requests, ensuring all issues are being resolved in a timely manner to customer satisfaction while maintaining S.O.P
- Analyzed various distributed file systems suitable for a cloud storage using a storage benchmark. Tested a private storage cloud using OpenStack software and worked as well with OpenStack Multi-node installation, Configuration and Administration.
- Part of Cloud team fixed issues related to OpenStack components Nova, Swift, Glance, Neutron, Keystone, RabbitMQ, Repose, HAProxy and Horizon.
- Ensured, successful architecture and deployment of enterprise grade PaaS solutions using Private Cloud Foundry( PCF ) as well as proper operation during initial Application migration and net new development.
- Experience in Designing AZURE Resource Manager (ARM) templates and extensive experience in designing custom build steps using PowerShell.
- Worked on using Chef Attributes , Chef Templates , Chef recipes , Chef files for managing the configurations across various nodes using RUBY.
- Experienced in Installing, Configured and management in Ansible Centralized Server and creating the playbooks to support various middleware application servers, and involved in configuring the Ansible tower as a configuration management tool to automate repetitive tasks.
- Monitored the UAT/Production Environments for any down time issues by performing regular Cron job updates in servers.
- Performed automation tasks on various Docker components like Docke r Hub, Docker Engine, Docker Machine and Docker Registry. Worked with Docker images & Docker Container.
- Experience in deploying Kubernetes Cluster on cloud/on-premises environments with master/minion architecture and wrote many YAML files to create many services like pods, deployments, auto scaling, load balancers, labels, health checks, Namespaces, Config Map, etc.
- Profoundly did Continuous integration using Hudson/Jenkins , Team city and Bamboo , which requires developers to integrate code into a shared repository several times.
- Deployed and configured Elasticsearch, Log stash and Kibana (ELK) for log analytics. Configure ELK stack in conjunction with AWS and using Log stash to output data to AWS S3.
- Hands-on experience on monitoring tools like Nagios, Splunk and Amazon Cloud Watch to maintain various systems on different environments.
- Developing Ant and Maven scripts to automate the compilation, deployment and testing of Web and J2EE applications to the UNIX, window and Linux System
- Experience in Administration/Maintenance of source control Experience on Virtualization technologies like VMware vSphere, VMware Workstation, Oracle Virtual box, Vagrant .
- Proficient in managing the source code control of multiple development efforts using Clear Case, Subversion SVN , TFS, GIT, bit Bucket and CVS version control tools.
- Proficient in writing Python, Ruby, YAML, Perl, Shell, Bash, PowerShell Scripting to automate the deployments.
- Experienced in implementing and maintaining an Apache Tomcat, Apache HTTP, Nginx web service environment.
- Expert in deploying the code through web application servers like Web Sphere/Web Logic / Apache Tomcat/JBOSS and Jetty .
- Extensively used LVM to create Volume Groups, LVs & Disk mirroring for IBM servers. Worked on Grub, PXE boot , Kickstart , Packages, Yum, RPMs, LVM , Boot from SAN, file system configuration.
- Have Experience in Configuration of RAID using RAID Manager and LVM in SAN based environment.
- Expertise in implementation and maintenance of LDAP, SAMBA , Apache Http, SMTP, DHCP, NFS, NIS, NIS+, DNS, SQUID, Postfix, FTP , send mail, Remote Access, Security Management & Security trouble shooting skills.
- Fixing issues related to Reliability, Usability, and Functionality of JIRA Server and cloud (AWS) instances.
- Great experience in working with relational databases like Oracle, MySQL, MS Access PostgreSQL , SQL server. Worked with several NoSQL databases like Cassandra, DynamoDB, Mongo DB.
Cloud: AWS, OpenStack, Azure.
Configuration Management Tools: CHEF, PUPPET, ANSIBLE
CI/CD tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, GRADLE
Container Tools: Docker, Kubernetes
Version Control Tools: GIT, CVS, SVN, BitBucket.
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, Zabbix, Cloud watch, New Relic, ELK (Elasticsearch, Log stash, Kibana), JIRA
Databases: My SQL, MS Access, Oracle 9i/10g/11g, DB2, NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB)
Web Servers & Application Servers: Tomcat, APACHE 2.x, 3.x, JBoss 4.x/5.x, Web Logic (8/9/10) & Web Sphere 4.0/5.0. Web Logic Application Server 9.x, 10.x, Apache Tomcat 5.x/7.x, Red Hat JBOSS 4.22.GA, WebSphere 6.x/7.x/8.x
Networking/Protocol: TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, DHCP, WAN, SMTP, LAN, FTP/TFTP
Operating Systems: Linux (Red Hat 4/5/6/7, CENTOS & SUSE), Solaris 11/10/9/8, HP-UX 11.0, 11.11, 11.23, 11.31, IBM AIX (4.3/5.x/6.x/7.x), HPUX11i V1, V2 & V3, Ubuntu 12/13/14, Windows NT /2000/2003, DEBIAN, Mac OSX
Virtualization Tech: VMware vSphere ESXi 5.x/4.x, ESX /3.x, VMware Workstation, Oracle Virtual box
Confidential, Miami, Florida
Sr. Cloud / DevOps Engineer
- Managed AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and created and attached volumes on to EC2 instances.
- Build servers using AWS : Importing volumes, launching EC2, creating security groups, auto-scaling, ELB, Route 53, SES, RDS and SNS, S3, SQS, RedShift, Load balancing technologies NAT in the defined virtual private connection.
- Worked on tagging standard for proper identification and ownership of EC2 instances and supported AWS cloud environment with AWS EC2 instances, configured Elastic IP & Elastic Storage and implemented Security groups and Network ACLs .
- Configured AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) Groups and Users for improved login authentication. Provided policies to groups using policy generator and set different permissions based on the requirement along with providing Amazon Resource Name (ARN ).
- Worked on AWS Cloud Formation , Cloud Trail and Cloud Front services to setup and manage cached content delivery. Created Elastic load balancers (ELB) and used Route53 with failover and latency options for high availability and fault tolerance.
- Integrated AWS Dynamo DB using AWS lambda to store the values the items and backup the Dynamo DB streams.
- Using CloverETL migrated data to AWS RedShift and experience in various databases like DB2, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL.
- Utilize Cloud Watch to monitor resources such as EC2, CPU memory, Amazon RDS DB services, Dynamo DB tables , EBS volumes ; to set alarms for notification or automated actions; and to monitor logs for a better understanding and operation of the system.
- Attend hackathons and conferences to give talks and workshops such as Intro to Git and GitHub and Contributing to Open Source and act as a mentor to participants .
- Experienced in configuring Cloud platform such as Virtual Networks Multi-site, Cross-site, VMs (to meet security requirements), Azure AD, Load Balancers, Azure SQL, Cloud Services , etc.
- Leveraged " Azure Automation " and PowerShell, used Chef and Ansible to automate processes in the Azure Cloud .
- Using Chef, deployed and configured Elastic Search, Log Stash and Kibana(ELK ) for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring in integration with AWS Lambda and Cloud Watch.
- Written Templates for AWS i nfrastructure as a code using TERRAFORM and CLOUDFORMATION to build staging and production environments also deployed all the Network stack VPC's Subnets, Security Groups, Internet Gateways using TERRAFORM.
- Managed internal deployments of monitoring and alarm services for the Azure Infrastructure ( OMS) .
- Installed and used Chef Server Enterprise on premise, workstation and bootstrapped the nodes using knife and automated by writing ruby scripts in Chef Recipes and Cookbooks with test-kitchen/chef spec .
- Maintained Chef and Ansible servers and management application that can use ServiceNow data to bring computers into a desired state by managing files, services, or packages installed on physical or virtual machines using Ruby and Python scripts .
- Extensively worked on Ansible Playbooks with Ansible roles for virtual and physical instance provisioning, configuration management, patching and software deployment on AWS environments through automated tools, Ansible / custom pipeline.
- Worked with Ansible Jinja templates to generate AWS Cloud Formation templates and deploy the stacks in to AWS.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs. And also, configuration automation using Docker containers .
- Involved in container based deployments using Docker, work on Docker images , Docker Hub and Docker-registries and Kubernetes.
- Worked on Deployment Automation of all microservices to pull image from private Docker registry and deploy to Kubernetes Cluster.
- Integrated Kubernetes with network, storage and security to provide comprehensive infrastructure and orchestrated container across multiple hosts.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery ( CI/CD) process implementation using Jenkins along with Python , PowerShell and Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Deploying application using Jenkins server and troubleshoot build and release job failures and resolve.
- Integrated Ant and Maven with Jenkins to run, to automate the build process as a part of continuous delivery.
- Configurated Jenkins CI Tool to automate Integration, System, Smoke, Regression Tests, using Junit, Selenium and Code Quality using SonarQube plugin in Jenkins.
- Integrating Defect tracking tool JIRA with Jenkins CI server for identifying, logging, tracking and documenting defects/issues in real-time.
- Coordinate and assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labelling/ naming conventions using GIT source control , analyzed and resolved conflicts related to merging of source code for GIT .
- Monitored the servers using Splunk, Nagios , Cloud watch and using ELK Stack, Elastic Search.
- Worked on Tomcat, JBOSS, WebLogic and WebSphere Application servers for deployments.
- Performed installation, configuration and managed RDBMS and NoSQL tools- MongoDB and Cassandra.
Environment: Amazon Web Services, Cloud Foundry, Microsoft AZURE, Terraform, GIT/SVN, Jenkins, Maven, ANT, Chef, Ansible, JIRA, Agile, ELK, RedHat Linux, Docker, PowerShell, Bash, shell, Python, Kubernetes, NoSQL- MongoDB, Cassandra.
Confidential, Carlsbad City, CA
Sr. Cloud/Devops Engineer
- Involved in designing and deploying multiple applications using the almost all the AWS cloud infrastructure focusing on high availability, fault tolerance and auto-scaling of the instances.
- Experience in core AWS services (S3, EC2, ELB, EBS, Route53, VPC, auto scaling etc.) and deployment services (Ops Works and Cloud Formation) and security practices (IAM, Cloud watch and Cloud trail).
- Played a significant role as a part of an engineering team designated to design a new platform to host applications on AWS and set up VPN tunnels from corporate network to VPCs, also designed the Subnets, Routing and IAM policies in AWS.
- Extensively worked on migrating applications like PHP, Python, .Net etc. from on-premise data center to AWS Cloud.
- Implemented a centralized logging system using log stash configured as an ELK stack (Elastic search, Log stash, and Kibana) to monitor system logs, AWS Cloud Watch, VPC Flow logs, Cloud Trail Events, changes in S3 etc.
- Build and configure a virtual data centers in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Tables, Elastic Load Balancer.
- Manage OpenStack Infrastructure Upgrades, Expansion, Scaling, Troubleshooting and debugging for large and medium OpenStack deployment sites.
- Configured Nexus 3 to be used as private Docker Registry Hub to manage Kolla images of all the OpenStack components like Glance, Nova, Swift, Cinder, Keystone, Horizon, Cinder, Neutron, Heat, etc.
- Worked with Fuel for deployment of Mirantis OpenStack Controllers and other OpenStack Core Services.
- Implemented multi-tier application provisioning in open stack cloud, integrating it with Ansible, migrating the application using Maven as build tool.
- Created inventory in Ansible for automating the continuous deployment and wrote Playbooks using YAML scripting.
- Used Bash and Python, included Boto3 to supplement automation provided by Ansible and Terraform for tasks such as encrypting EBS volumes, backing AMIs and scheduling Lambda functions for routine AWS tasks
- Automated the cloud deployments using chef, python (boto3 & fabric) and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Involved in integrating Chef cookbooks into Jenkins jobs for CD framework, worked with various custom resources, created Roles & Environments, and used Chef Handlers for different auto kickoff requirement jobs
- Developed microservice onboarding tools leveraging Python and Jenkins allowing for easy creation and maintenance of build jobs and Kubernetes deploy and services.
- Integrated Kubernetes with network, storage, and security to provide comprehensive infrastructure and orchestrated container across multiple hosts.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins & Hudson for CI/CD and for all builds and deployments and used Jenkins AWS code deploy SonarQube, Junit, etc., and deployed Jenkins on Docker.
- Building deployable artifacts (jar, war & ear) from the source code using the build tools like MAVEN and ANT.
- Used GIT version control to manage the source code and integrating GIT with Jenkins to support build automation and integrated with JIRA to monitor the commits
- Created multiple Python GIT Hook scripts (pre-push, post-push) to ensure code quality for the code.
- Performed code line GIT pushes (releases) to production and customer servers and developed and improved GIT push script.
- Learning and working with the AWESOME GitHub products and providing world class support to our customers.
- Involved in Building and configuring Red Hat Linux Servers using Kickstart for the project and maintained maximum uptime, performance for enterprise production, QA and UAT staging.
- Developed and implemented an agile SDLC and refinement of the Software Configuration Management (SCM) infrastructure.
Environment: Amazon Web Services(AWS), OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes, Chef, Ansible, Jenkins, Maven/ANT, GIT, Splunk, Nagios, ELK, Java, .Net, JIRA, Linux/ RHEL, LDAP, VMWare Servers, Windows, PowerShell, Ruby, YAML, Shell, Bash, Python, Perl.
Confidential, Farmington Hills, MI
- Work extensively with AWS technologies that support automation using Cloud formation to create EC2 instances, ELBs, Route 53 DNS , Auto scaling, Elastic Search , VPCs , Subnets, Security Groups, Cloud Watch, S3, IAM , etc.
- Using Amazon Identity Access Management ( IAM ) tool created groups & permissions for users to work collaboratively.
- Configuring IAM roles for EC2 instances and assign them policies granting specific level access to S3 buckets by customizing YAML template, Designed Stacks using Amazon CloudFormation templates to launch AWS Infrastructure and resources.
- Configured DNS with lookup zones using Amazon Route53, Configured DNS failover and monitored health checks and performance of web applications, web servers and other resources using Route53 and Used IAM to control access to Route53 resources.
- Installed application on AWS EC2 instances and also configured the storage on S3 buckets.
- Experienced in creating multiple VPC's and public, private subnets as per requirement and distributed them as groups into various availability zones of the VPC.
- Created NAT gateways and instances to allow communication from the private instance to the internet through bastion hosts.
- Involved in writing Java API for Amazon Lambda to manage some of the AWS services.
- Used security groups, network ACL' s, internet gateways and route tables to ensure a secure zone for organization in AWS public cloud.
- Using Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS.
- Worked on container based deployments using Docker , working with Docker images, Docker Hub and Docker registries and Kubernetes.
- Utilized Puppet for configuration management of hosted Instances within AWS. Achieve automation in AWS by using EC2 tags for Puppet agents in installing Puppet modules.
- Managed Linux and Windows virtual servers on AWS EC2 using Puppet Server and monitored distributed and multi-platform servers using Puppet.
- Involved in deploying the content Cloud platform on AWS using EC2, S3, and EBS. Evaluate Puppet framework and tools to automate the Cloud deployment and operations.
- Created responsive, lightweight website hosted by GitHub and built by Jekyll.
- Configured Git with Jenkins and schedule jobs using POLL SCM option and also integrated to automate the code checkout process .
- Developed Configuration Management GIT from scratch and prepared documentation accordingly.
- Developed scripts using Shell/ Python for automating Configuration Management policies and practices .
- Installation, setup, configuration, security administration and maintenance for flavors of servers like, DHCP, DNS , SMTP/Mail Server, Apache Servers, Proxy Servers in heterogeneous environment.
- Extensive experience in Linux/Unix system Administration, System Builds, Server Builds, Installations, Upgrades, Patches , Migration, Trouble shooting on Ubuntu.
Environment: LINUX, Unix, Platform, VMWARE, AWS, Jenkins, Puppet, EC2, TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, Route53, DHCP, Maven, Python, Shell.
Build /Release Engineer
- Installation, Configuration, Upgradation and administration of Windows, Sun Solaris, RedHat Linux and HP-UX, Ubuntu.
- Performed automated installation of Operating System using the Kickstart for Linux and Jumpstart for Sun Solaris using Global Positioning Tool .
- Responsible for large-scale Puppet implementation and maintenance. Puppet manifests creation, testing and implementation.
- Hands on Experience on Puppet server and workstation to manage and configure nodes, experience in writing puppe t manifests to automate configuration of a board range of services.
- Used Splunk for collecting large amounts of logs and providing an interface to easily access them.
- Worked on Zabbix monitoring tool. Added all the existing hosts and classified by their environment. Added multiple templates like checking the applications status, puppet status, ping status etc.
- Experience in configuration of Apache, Jboss, WebLogic, SOLR, Rabbit MQ, Mongo db, PostgreSQL, Active Directory, NIS, NIS+, DNS, DHCP , NFS, LDAP, SAMBA , SQUID, postfix, send mail, ftp, remote access, security management and Security trouble shooting skills.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds. Took the sole responsibility to maintain the CI Hudson server.
- Installed and configured Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing an automation solution.
- Created and maintained Branches, labels, work spaces on Git , Participated in merging of source code. Managed Version Control Subversion (SVN) and GIT Enterprise and Automated current build process with Jenkins with proposed Branching strategies to accommodate code in various testing cycles.
- Accountable for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies .
- Closely monitoring all aspects of administration tasks such as day to day monitoring and maintenance, Installs, Configuration, Clustering, Load balancing, deploying applications, Troubleshooting and maintenance of WebLogic server and UNIX production support activities that are performed by the team.
- Familiar with GIT hub admin tasks like creating users, providing access to them and maintained source repositories. Managed Maven project.
- Produced SOAP Web Service using Apache Axis Generated WSDL files For the Services that served XML data in SOA.
- Developed complex JIRA project workflows, field configurations, screen schemes, permission schemes and notification schemes.
- Used Gradle and written python scripts to automate the Build and deployment process. Used maven for few modules .
Environment: Linux/RHEL, Ruby, Puppet, JIRA, Bitbucket, PowerShell, Bash, TFS, Python, Maven, Jenkins, Ant, YAML, Active Directory, VMWARE, Perl, PHP, JBoss, Windows, WebSphere Application Server, Python, Splunk, Solaris.
- Administered RedHat Linux 4.x/5 servers for several functions including managing Apache Tomcat Server , Mail server, MySQL database and Firewalls in both development and production environments.
- Experience in system administration, system builds, server builds, installs, upgrades, patches, migration, troubleshooting, security, backup, disaster recovery, performance monitoring and fine tuning on SUN SOLARIS, RedHat Linux systems, Solaris and Windows.
- Installed, Configured, Administered Windows servers, Active Directory Services, FTP, WSUS, IIS Web Server & SQL Database Server.
- Experience in Troubleshooting Hardware, Network, Storage, swap and File system issues, application bottlenecks, System recovery, Crash dump analysis, Performance tuning and TCP/IP, NFS, DNS, SMTP in Linux and Solaris servers.
- Created, configured, and diagnosed User and Group permissions to facilitate System security.
- Created Opsware implementation records to populate server specs to kickstart file for PXE boot process.
- Used Logical Volume Manage ( LVM) to create disk groups, Physical volumes, Volume groups, and used RAID technology for backup and recovery.
- I developed a Node.js client for secure-scuttlebutt, a distributed social network. http:// github .com /evbogue
- Monitored system performance using performance-monitoring commands like SAR , PROF, VMSTAT, IOSTAT, NETSTAT . Environment: Linux, Microsoft Windows, Solaris, VMWARE, Kickstart, Logical Volume Manager (LVM), RAID technology, Apache Tomcat, TCP/IP, VxFS, FTP, SVN, .Net, Java, SQL, Perl, Python, Oracle, Agile, WebLogic, Subversion.
- Installation, Configuration, upgradation and administration of Sun Solaris, Red Hat Linux .
- Jumpstart & Kick-start OS integration , DDNS, DHCP, SMTP , Samba, NFS, FTP, SSH, LDAP integration.
- Network traffic control, IPSec, Quos, VLAN, Proxy , Radius integration on Cisco Hardware via Red Hat Linux Software.
- Monitoring and service issue resolution of LAMP stack web servers, both shared and VPS .
- Provide support to Account Managers, UNIX and Windows technicians, and other departments .
- Account management using Active Directory such as resetting the password, unlocking accounts, creating new accounts, adding users to GP, setting up email accounts on the exchange server and distribution lists etc.
- Migration of the Source Code from Apache Subversion (SVN) to GIT HUB , and the migration from GIT Hub to BIT Bucket.
- LVM installation and configuration of LVM . Extending and partition with LVM depending upon the memory need. The configuration of HTTPS, NTP.
- Utilizes Nagios software for server monitoring and systems health with native Solaris tools and top.
- Package management through RPM, YUM configuration.
- Scheduling jobs for the user. RAID installation and configuration of RAID.
Environment: Windows, Linux, VMWARE, SMTP, DHCP, NFS, FTP, SSH, LDAP, RPM, YUM, Oracle, Db2, JBOSS, RAID, LVM, PERL, LAMP, VERITAS.