- Over 8 years of experience in IT industry comprising of Linux System Administration, DevOps Engineering, automating, building, releasing of code from one environment to other environment and deploying to servers. Considerable experience includes SCM, AWS, DevOps, Build/Release Management, Cloud Management and Containerization.
- Seasoned on AWS platform and its dimensions of scalability using EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, AMI, SNS, RDS, IAM, Route 53, Auto - scaling, CloudFront, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, CloudFormation, Terraform, Security Groups.
- Configured Inbound/Outbound rules in AWS Security groups as per the requirements.
- Implemented Amazon EC2 in setting up instances, Virtual private groups and Security groups.
- Configured DNS health checks using Route53 in the AWS cloud environment. Monitored logs and traffic using CloudWatch metrics for public/private instances defined in VPC.
- Managed databases in AWS using RDS, storage using S3 bucket and configuring instance backups to S3 buckets.
- Created S3 buckets, performed folder management, cloud trail logs and objects within each bucket.
- Worked with IAM in creating groups, adding users, attaching policies and permissions to pertain users from using all services.
- Created alarms and trigger points in CloudWatch and monitored disk usage, server performance and CPU utilization.
- Experience with Openstack infrastructure in creating users, tenants, roles and assigned Resource Quotas to projects by keystone command line client.
- Well versed with various Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, Compose and Registry. Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD system to build, test and deploy.
- Used Docker swarm and wrote Docker compose files in YAML for scaling and deploying app into Docker stack.
- Developed Docker based micro services, deployment modules with Jenkins, Kubernetes and Ansible based pipelines/frameworks.
- Experienced in branching, merging, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like Git and Subversion (SVN) on Linux platforms.
- Integration, deployment and automation of application servers Tomcat, WebLogic across Linux platforms.
- Deployed and configured Git repositories with branching, forks, tagging and notifications. Proficient with Enterprise GitHub administration.
- Branching, Labelling and Merging on various centralized and distributed Version Control systems Subversion and Perforce.
- Installed, configured and administered Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins, TeamCity and Bamboo for end-to-end automations in all Build and Deployments.
- Considerably worked on Jenkins for continuous integration and for end-to-end automation for all build and deployments. Created pipeline in Jenkins by integrating Git and Maven plugins.
- Experienced in writing Chef cookbooks and recipes to automate the installations and deployment tasks in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). Conversant with Chef Infrastructure, Chef Repo and bootstrapping nodes.
- Well versed with many different concepts of Chef like Roles, Environments, DataBags, Knife, Chef Server Admin/Organizations.
- Implemented Chef recipes for deployment of builds on internal data center servers. Also re-used and modified same Chef recipes to create a deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Knowledge on Puppet as Infrastructure Management tool to automate repetitive tasks, fast deployment of critical applications on different nodes and pro-actively managed the change.
- Implemented Puppet modules to automate the installation and configuration for a broad range of services.
- Expertise in automation deployment of micro services to pull an image from private Docker Registry and deploy Docker swarm cluster using Ansible.
- Wrote Ansible playbook with Python SSH as the wrapper to manage AWS nodes configuration and test playbooks on AWS instance using Python. Ran Ansible scripts to provision Dev servers.
- Used Ansible extensively for automating cloud provisioning, configuration management, application deployment, intra-service orchestration and many more IT needs.
- Diversely used DevOps tech stack like cloud automation using AWS on Linux instances, Configuration management using Chef, Ansible and automated the pre-and post-deployment tasks like spinning up JVMS/Web servers using shell scripts.
- Administered Red Hat Enterprise Linux which includes installing, upgrading and loading patches on VMware virtual systems.
- Experienced with server log monitoring using Elastic search Logstash Kibana (ELK) with Logspout.
- Handled installation, administration and configuration of ELK stack on AWS and performed Log Analysis.
- Served the ELK stack community with use cases and log stash plugin and actively participated in blogs and Q and A’s.
- Experience in using Nexus, Artifactory and JFrog repository managers for Maven and ANT builds.
- Good knowledge on Load Balancing, controlling Traffic flow by using Net scalar and monitoring tools like Sensu and Nagios.
- Used Splunk and AppDynamics for performance and log monitoring. Created dashboards and alerts for Splunk.
- Experienced in micro services architecture by creating applications and its components to be independently scalable, version able and deployable.
- Having experience in understanding of Splunk 5.x and 6.x product, distributed Splunk architecture and components including installation of Search Heads, Indexers, Forwarders, Deployment Server, License Model and Heavy/Universal Forwarde.
- Practical knowledge in using Bug Tracking tools like JIRA and HP Quality center.
- Experience of the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), methodologies & validations to ensure the Quality Assurance Control.
- Involved in supporting ESX cluster environments managing more than 400 VMs running Linux and Windows environments.
- Experience in deploying WAR, JAR and EAR files in WebLogic, WebSphere and JBoss application servers in Linux and Windows environments.
- Expertise in creating LDAP, Active Directory and Network Fundamentals, Protocols such as TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS and Group Policy.
- Proficient with Shell, Python, Ruby, PowerShell, JSON and YAML scripting languages with concepts of Azure and OpenStack based cloud technologies.
Operating Systems: Windows 98/XP/NT/2000/2003, UNIX, LINUX, RHEL 7, Solaris, Mac OS X
AWS Services: EC2, ELB, VPC, RDS, IAM, CloudFormation, S3, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, SNS, SQS and EBS.
Version Control tools: GIT, Subversion, Perforce
Build tools: ANT, Maven, Gradle
CI tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, Hudson, TeamCity
Configuration Management tools: Chef, Ansible, Puppet
Containerization/Orchestration: Docker, Kubernetes
Monitoring tools: Nagios, Splunk, ELK
Repositories: Nexus and Artifactory
Languages: C, C++, Java, J2EE
Tracking tools: Jira, ClearQuest
Web Servers: WebLogic, WebSphere, Apache Tomcat, JBoss, Nginix
Networking Services: FTP, SSH, TELNET, TCP/IP, HTTP, DHCP, SNMP, SMTP, NFS, SAN/NAS, RAID LEVELS.
Confidential, West Chester, PA
Sr. AWS & DevOps Engineer
- Working in implementation team to build and engineer servers for Linux & AIX operating systems. Working on AWS cloud to provision new instances.
- Migrated and maintained build and test environments into the Cloud Infrastructure.
- Wrote scripts in Terraform to spin up EC2 instances.
- Developed CloudFormation scripts to automate EC2 instances.
- Configured AWS IAM and Security Group in Public and Private Subnets in VPC.
- Managed network security using Load balancer, Auto-scaling, Security groups and NACLS.
- Used BOTO and Fabric for launching and deploying instances in AWS.
- Managed storage in AWS using Elastic Block Storage, S3, created Volumes and configured Snapshots.
- Utilized AWS CLI to automate backups of ephemeral data-stores to S3 buckets, EBS and create nightly AMIs for mission critical production servers as backups.
- Used CloudFront to deliver content from AWS edge locations to users, allowing for further reduction of load on front-end servers.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using CloudWatch.
- Created AWS Route 53 to route traffic between different regions.
- Focused on containerization and immutable infrastructure. Docker has been core to this experience, along with Mesos, Marathon and Kubernetes.
- Deployed applications in Docker containers and managed the containers in enterprise level.
- Created Docker images using a Dockerfile, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes.
- Implemented Docker automation solution for Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery model.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of Git, Stash Repositories, views and the access control strategies.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using Git source control.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in shell for Maven builds. Created and modified build configuration files including POM.xml.
- Managed the Maven Repository using Nexus tool to automate the build process and used the same to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects.
- Scripting of administration tasks using CLI, Power Shell, Shell and Ruby. Built upstream and downstream jobs in Jenkins to build and deploy onto different environments.
- Automated the deployment process by writing Perl, Python scripts in Jenkins.
- Configured Git with Jenkins and schedule jobs using POLL SCM option and also integrated to automate the code checkout process.
- Configuring Jenkins as a common CI engine to build and promote applications to DEV, QA and STAGING to Linux environments.
- Refined automation components with scripting and configuration management using Ansible.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, application server setup, stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks.
- Implemented Nagios integration with Ansible for automation in server monitoring.
- Developed Ansible scripts for an automated server provisioning and Docker images for isolation, reducing the time between provisioning and deployment from over 3 hours to less than 10 minutes
- Implemented Auto-Scaling with Chef and Assign chef roles to EC2 instances.
- Deployed and configured Chef Server and Chef Solo including bootstrapping of Chef Client nodes for provisioning.
- Worked on integrating Git into the continuous Integration (CI) environment along with Jenkins, Cruise Control and Subversion. Configured the services using modern DevOps tools, like Ansible.
- Developed Splunk queries and dashboards targeted at understanding application performance and capacity analysis.
- Created Splunk dashboards, reports, scheduled searches and alerts related to the installation.
- Responsible for Operational intelligence using Splunk.
- Built and engineered servers on Ubuntu and RHEL Linux. Provisioned virtual servers on VMware and ESX servers using vCloud.
- Managed and architectured more than 3000 virtual servers. Monitored server traffic through Nagios. Administered web servers on Apache and Nginix. SQL queries and administration.
- Evaluated existing JIRA instance and resolved performance issues.
- Installed and configured network infrastructure using routing and switching strategies.
Environment: & Tools: Java, RHEL 6/7.2, Python, Maven, Nexus, Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, Docker, Nginix, Nagios, Git, AWS EC2, Route 53, S3, VPC, SQS, Auto-Scaling, ELB, Shell Scripts, Unix/ Linux environment.
Confidential, Norwell, MA
- Responsible for distributed applications across hybrid AWS and physical data centers.
- Performed all Linux operating system, disk management and patch management configurations, on Linux instances in AWS.
- Involved in designing and deploying multiple applications using the almost all the AWS cloud infrastructure focusing on high availability, fault tolerance and auto-scaling of the instances.
- Maintained the user accounts IAM Roles, Route 53(CNAME), VPC, RDS, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Deployed and configured Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana (ELK) for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring in integration with AWS Lambda and CloudWatch.
- Performed log analysis using ELK stack and created monitoring charts.
- Involved in building own PaaS with Docker; deployed various applications through Dockers containers.
- Dockerized applications by creating Docker images from Dockerfile.
- Used Kubernetes to provide a platform for automating deployment, scaling and operations of application containers across clusters of hosts.
- Worked collaboratively with development teams and performance test engineers for EC2 size optimization and Docker build containers.
- Experienced in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT and Subversion on Linux platforms.
- Administered, deployed and managed RedHat, Ubuntu and CentOS servers.
- Deployed EC2 Container Service plugin in Jenkins, which automates the Jenkins master-slave configuration by creating temporary slaves.
- Used MySQL, DynamoDB and Elasticache to perform basic database administration. Build out server automation with Continuous Integration - Continuous Deployment tools like Jenkins for deployment and build management system.
- Used build automation tools like ANT, Maven, Gradle for building applications.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS nodes and Tested Playbooks on AWS instances using Python.
- Created and Maintained Chef Recipes and Chef Cookbooks to simplify and expedite deployment of applications and mitigate user error.
- Actively involved in standardizing Splunk Forwarder deployment, configuration and maintenance across various Operating Systems.
- Created Regular Expressions for Field Extractions and Field Transformations in Splunk.
- Experienced in troubleshooting, Configuring and deploying various enterprise applications in WebLogic, WebSphere and Tomcat.
- Good Knowledge in Azure cloud services, Azure storage, Azure active directory, Azure Service Bus. Create and manage Azure AD tenants and configure application integration with Azure AD. Integrate on-premises Windows AD with Azure AD Integrating on-premises identity with Azure AD.
- Maintained JIRA for tracking and updating project defects and tasks.
Environment: & Tools: AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, Cloud Trail and Route 53), GIT, VPC, EBS, SQL, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, Docker, Jira, Azure, AWS CLI, AWS Auto-Scaling, Unix/Linux, RHEL 5/6.8, Shell scripting.
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
- Identified and implemented new tools and technologies that will make the release and SCM process more efficient, repeatable, reliable and cost effective.
- Managed and maintained code repository in Git, improved practices of branching and code merge for custom needs of development team.
- Initially used Ant for writing build.xml for building Java/J2EE applications later on migrated to Maven.
- Created automated build and deployment process for application and leading up to building a continuous integration system for all our products using Jenkins
- Developed entire frontend and backend modules using Python on Django Web Framework.
- Worked in an agile development team to deliver an end to end Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery product in an open source environment using tools like Chef and Jenkins.
- Installed Hosted Chef Supermarket which stores and shares the cookbooks developed within the organization.
- Used Chef to manage Web Applications, Configuration Files, Database, Users, Mount Points, and Packages.
- Responsible for creating Puppet modules and manifest files from scratch and experience in editing existing puppet manifests and automated manual installation process using puppet.
- Responsible in setting up Puppet Agents, Puppet Master both in Puppet Enterprise, Open Source and developing Catalogs using Puppet language.
- Involved in Scrum Meetings, product backlog and other scrum activities and artifacts in collaboration with the team.
- Worked with system, network, security, & storage engineering teams to prepare & configure new servers for the VMware ESX environment.
- Deployed an Azure instance for a hybrid based authorization and encryption system.
- Installed, tested and deployed monitoring solutions with Splunk services.
- Worked on MS-SQL database objects tables, views, sequences, triggers, procedures, Functions, Triggers, Cursors, analytical functions, views, Indexes and global temporary tables etc.
Environment: & Tools: Git, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, VMWare, Nagios, Splunk, Python, VMware ESX, MS-SQL
Confidential, Appleton, WI
Build / Release Engineer
- Installed and deployed Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x, CentOS and installation of packages and patches for Red Hat Linux Servers.
- Developed a fully automated continuous integration system using Git, Jenkins, MySQL and custom tools developed in Python and Bash.
- Installed Chef-Server Enterprise On-Premise/WorkStation/ Bootstrapped the Nodes using Knife.
- Installed/Configured/Managed Puppet Master/Agent. Wrote custom Modules and Manifests, downloaded pre-written modules from puppet-forge. Up gradation or Migration of Puppet Community.
- Migrated VMWARE VMs to AWS and Managed Services like EC2, S3, ELB and EBS Etc. with Opcode Puppet modules/manifests.
- Responsible for Co-ordinate with Development group and testing teams.
- Responsible for branching and merging of code.
- Designed effective planning for SCM and implemented the setup of the Environment.
- Maintained Subversion repositories on Windows.
- Maintained and version controlled Backend database using SVN/Ant scripts.
- User support for Subversion/SVN issues.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and maven as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Worked on Installation/Configuration/Administrated and migrated existing servers into VMware Infrastructure.
- Adopted Install Shield scripts, written scripts and used them to package builds and releases for different environments as defined in SDLC.
- Written Perl scripts for the automation of daily support tasks.
Environment: & Tools: ANT, Subversion, Jenkins, Python, Perl, Script, VMware, AWS, Linux (RedHat) and Puppet.
- Participated in the release cycle of the product, which involves environments like Development, QA and Production.
- Performed Software configuration management strategies for various applications in the agile development.
- Responsible for the build and Release management process.
- Installed and administered Build Forge CI for ANT builds.
- Experience in user management for build forge CI.
- Implemented LDAP authentication for Jenkins.
- Responsible for Automated Build Scripts.
- Used Perforce for Source Control.
- Involved in creating and maintaining Branches and Tags based on the requirement and schedule.
- Coordinated with development teams to perform builds and Resolve Build Issues.
- Used Cruise Control for automation and CI related build and deploy activities.
- Perform biweekly build cycle and testing processes on Solaris.
- Involved in editing existing ANT build files as per changes in the project requirements.
- Used Remedy for IM/CR/SR tickets.
- Used HP QC for ticket tracking and Change management.
- Deployed artifact into Web logic Servers.
Environment: & Tools: Perforce, ANT, Web logic, Cruise Control, Java/J2EE, UNIX, Ubuntu LINUX, Windows XP.
Linux System Administrator
- Installed and configured Redhat Linux 4/5, Solaris 8/9 operating systems.
- Managed user accounts and groups on Solaris / Linux and NT / 2000 servers.
- YUM configuration and package installation through YUM.
- Handled troubleshooting issues like boating, RPM packages, User management and backup.
- Configured and administered LDAP, NFS, FTP, SAMBA and POSTFIX servers in RedHat Enterprise Linux.
- Utilized LDAP and Active Directory for user management in Linux and Windows operating systems respectively.
- Created, deployed and managed Linux and Windows VM using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization manager which includes moving and migrating VM from one cluster to another cluster or within the same cluster.
- Experience in Windows 2003 and Windows 2008 Active Directory installation and configuration.
- Responsible in implementing PowerShell scripts to automate creating contacts from Active Directory users.
- Disk and File System management through Solaris Volume Manager, Logical Volume Manager and Veritas Volume Manager.
- Performed Physical to Virtual and Virtual to Virtual migrations for approximately 50 physical servers using VMware converter.
- Built high-end servers, creating and loading images on Solaris, HP-UX and Linux servers using SystemImager tool.
- Configured and managed Jump Start Server on Solaris and Kick Start Server on Linux.
- Installed and configured Oracle Real Application Cluster (RAC) in Solaris, HP-UX and Linux servers.
- Created, configured and managed clusters in RedHat Linux Servers using GFS.
- Installed, configured and managed RedHat Cluster Suite in Linux servers.
- Planned and implemented migrations from lower end to higher end in OS level and Hardware level in Solaris, HP-UX and Linux servers.
- Performed Data Backup and Recovery using Veritas Net Backup (VNB).
- Update the systems using RedHat Enterprise Network (RHN), Managing and monitoring through RHN.
- Worked on installing and configuring VMware/ESX Servers for virtualizations.
Environment: & Tools: Solaris 8/9, RedHat Linux 4/5, HP-UX 11i, AIX, Sun Enterprise servers E5500/E4500, HP blade servers, Dell blade servers, IBM RS/6000, VMware ESX server.