- More than five years experience with mobile - first responsive design. Producer of hand-coded sites specializing in W3C/WAI/508/WCAG2 compliant code standards.
- Development focused on producing lean efficient sites to serve wider audiences at reduced costs.
- Employ optimization techniques to improve performance, reliability, search indexing, and accessibility.
- Implement modular component approach to design templates cut from original designs that maintain presentation and intent.
- Continuously expanding development skill set by applying improved frameworks and libraries to projects.
- Actively seeking continuous project involvement throughout conception, organization, development, delivery, maintenance, support, training, and documentation.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
Sr Software Engineer
- Front-end developer work on B2C delivery services and for development and enhancement of the client service CMS. Project involved development of HTML5 responsive designs on a PHP back-end with the use of SCSS, jQuery, and a bit of support for AngularJS, ReactJS, and VueJS.
- Rebuilt web audio player with a new HTML5, CSS3, responsive design model.
- Upgraded existing in-house CMS script libraries with newer versions of jQuery, Redactor, and scrollMonitor.
- Optimized jQuery and CSS development with code linting and performance tweaks.
- Expanded modular component approach with simpler models and flexible controls.
Confidential, Culver City, CA
Sr Front-End Web Developer
- Produced B2C site for video content delivery and B2B for asset and account management using responsive design from mobile phones to desktops. Project uses the Node/Express platform with Jade/Pug templates and SCSS to deliver HTML5, jQuery, and CSS3 from the Amazon cloud.
- Built responsive HTML5, template driven system of sites designed to deliver videos to devices ranging from the smallest iPhones and mobile devices to desktop computers.
- Developed projects using Node, Jade/Pug, MySQL, SCSS, AWS, GitHub, and a variety of front-end libraries (i.e. jQuery, Knockout, Backbone)
- Integrated tracking and analysis tools to profile the users for targeted services and advertising.
- Integrated a range of social platform services including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Reddit.
Confidential, Tustin, CA
Sr Front-End Web Developer
- Produced high efficiency sites with PHP, CSS, JS, jQuery, XML, & JSON. Implemented support for projects involving ASP.net and JSP. Applied code focus on front-end, standards compliant XHTML and HTML5 sites using Responsive Design and jQuery. Content deployments implemented a custom build of Interwoven CMS. Development was built around reusable template designs that are built to make complete design changes rather simple. This gives a site the opportunity to rapidly change for things like seasons, sales promotions, segment marketing, or even offer user preferences.
- Applied responsive design (HTML5, jQuery, and CSS3) to company rebranding and redesign using table-free design practices.
- Developed UI solutions toward compliance, consistency, and browser support.
- Freelance consulting and web development projects involving: creation of new site templates from designs, update and maintenance of existing PHP/MySQL sites, and upgrade/enhance existing sites.
- Rebuilt and maintained web site for avionics and aviation industry manufacturer (PHP, MySQL) to achieve code compliance and facilitate simple updates.
- Produced simple and maintainable site code templates that work on desktops and early mobile devices (XHTML, CSS2/P).
Confidential, Corvallis, OR
- Essentially created my role with OSU to develop and improve the campus Web services.
- Became highly involved in the development of the core services of the OSU campus and helped to create and build many of the basic web services.
- Produced central and supplementary scripts: web mail (PHP, LDAP, 2yr), Oregon weather (CFM/PHP, 3yr), page hitcount tool (PHP, MySQL, 2yr), guestbook (CFM, 2yr).
- Maintained and upgraded the OSU campus Inktomi (2yr) and Google (XSLT, 2yr) search engines, campus map (Perl/PHP, MySQL, 2yr), and campus calendaring (Perl, 4yr).
- Produced regular site statistical reports using WebTrends log analysis software (2yr).
- Produced the OSU campus catalog and schedule of classes (HTML, SSI, Perl, 2yr). Improved update process to cut development time less than fifty percent.
- Performed office PC/Mac setup, OS/software installation, customization, and maintenance to reduce operational costs.
- Produced primary documentation and tutorials for the central functions of the web and reduce the requirement for direct customer assistance.
- Served as the primary customer service contact and support for the central web server.
- Instructed courses for beginner web development classes to reduce in-person support needs.
- Supervised 6-8 students in producing web projects as a way to encourage learning advanced development techniques.