- My work in UI/UX Design and Development is a culmination of various amounts of user - focused design and prototypes that have been coded in semantically rich front-end code that users can easily click through to gain a sense of the overall purpose of the end product.
- With my experience in designing mockups, user scenarios, wireframes, but also in paper prototyping and storyboarding, gives me a clear understanding of form and function within the browser, allowing me to see how a site should be properly displayed using modern web technologies.
- With an emphasis on human-centered design, translating compositions into scalable prototypes have been in my experience, the best way to present solutions to team members, as well as the stakeholders involved with the business decisions.
Programming Languages: PHP, Python, C#, Java/JSP
Design Software: Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Flash, Fireworks, Adobe Acrobat, Axure RP Pro, Balsamiq Mockups, SharePoint Designer
Development Tools: Visual Studio TFS, Eclipse, Atom, Sublime Text, Firebug, Chrome Developer Tools, WAVE, WAT Toolbar, JAWS, NVDA
Frameworks: Bootstrap 2/3, AngularJS
CMS: WordPress, Joomla, Drupal 7 & 8
Version Control: GIT, SVN, SourceTree
Web Servers: Apache, Internet Information Services (IIS)
OS/Platforms: Windows, Mac OSX, SharePoint 2010/2013, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Pantheon
Development Architecture: Model-View-Controller(MVC), Object-Oriented Programming(OOP)
Software Methodologies: Agile/Scrum, CMMI Level 3
Web Development Specialist
- Wrote template and them preprocess functions to render and modify output generated with GlobalWaters.org template for detailed pages, panels, and views.
- Adjusted Bootstrap CSS framework to optimize a mobile first layout for the GlobalWaters.org responsive grid layout.
- Added various front-end components and UI widgets, and enhanced the look and feel of the GlobalWaters.org website in HTML5 and CSS3.
- Created shell scripts to help automate migration process from development server in Pantheon to local environment server using MySQL query scripts and the command line interface.
- Used AWS Simple Storage Service (S3) with CloudFront CDN distribution and DNS configuration and scripting to alias a subdomain via a CNAME to mask S3 bucket URLs in referencing assets and files for GlobalWaters.org website.
- Refactored and optimized the CSS/SASS stylesheets in GlobalWaters.org to help in decoupling the front-end code, as well as creating a cleaner and lighter codebase for easier debugging and greater site optimization for site users.
- Assisted in the creation of wireframes and mockups for the design of new page development within the GlobalWaters.org Drupal website.
- Developed Terminus CLI scripts to automate the update of web servers from LIVE-TEST-DEV environments within Pantheon.
- Implemented the responsive layout for the UI of the application based on a style guide and Bootstrap 3 responsive framework using the 12-grid scaffolding system.
- Targeted various mobile screen sizes in Bootstrap 3 by creating CSS3 media queries for desktop, tablet, and mobile devices.
- Wired different views of the application pages using AngularJS’s UI-Router within the configuration of the app module and injected the ngAnimate module to create seamless transitions of pages with CSS3 transitions.
- Design and development of internal websites using Drupal 7 and 8 CMS and PHP
- Drupal theme development and creation of custom Drupal 7 and 8 themes from design
- Drupal module development: create custom modules for clients and internal use
- Drupal maintenance: create, update, upgrade, migrate, extend, and maintain Drupal websites with installation of PHP 5 and Drupal Core using Acquia Dev Desktop.
- Configured internal Drupal 8 sites by configuring sync workflows for automated development to production cron jobs and weekly backup instances.
- Developed PHP module hooks to implement entities and events in Drupal 8 configuration of site modules.
- Redesign and developed new themes using Drupal 8 twig framework for new site migrations from Drupal 7 to Drupal 8.
- Implemented Ajax calls to the server to embed search application results in AngularJS using the $http service, retrieving user submitted searches and filtering through the records using the ng-repeat directive.
- Setup a Node.js server to replicate the testing environment for Unit Testing and other TDD testing efforts.
- Debugging and code correction on UI plugins and web services wired with RESTful API calls, and assisted with code reviews, unit testing, and QA analysis of the search applications technical architecture.
Intranet Web Developer
- Performed customer service duties, including work on incident requests for content posting, bug fixes, web page edits, and the addition of training documentation and other media-related content for FSA department-wide service missions.
- Designed and developed a ticket submission form within the FSA customer service portal, to expedite requests for incidents and content posting, to help regulate requests and to minimize phone contacts and direct contact with help desk personnel.
- Developed new web content for various service areas, including the creation of webpages to present critical information dissemination needed within FSA’s employee base and customer accessibility efforts.
- Helped to remediate 508 accessibility defects and developed needed components for various webpages and PDF content.
- Fixed connectivity issues with an application in Python using MySQL, adjusting table columns, content types, and adding new permissions for newly added users.
- Reconfigured a python script which automated timed builds and updates to the intranet server, publishing new content to the website.
- Used various tools such as WAT, WAVE, AccVerify, Colour Contrast Analyzer, JAWS and NVDA to correct bug defects in JIRA log, and to ameliorate any inconsistencies and cross-browser issues in the application.
- Worked on design and front-end development efforts for FSA and FAS websites in PHP and Drupal 7, by editing and adjusting the theme .tpl files and fixing CSS issues in stylesheet declarations and HTML markup.
- Developed templates in Java Server Pages front-end using JSTL, enhancing the look and feel and accessibility of the user interface.
- Used tiles and struts template structure in Java Server Pages to decouple the front-end code in XML syntax structure.
- Created template structure in Eclipse and utilized a GIT repository to stash iterations for cross development with Back-End Developers.
- Performed 508 accessibility and usability acceptance testing and remediation of web application and ensured cross-browser compatibility in Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Webkit browsers.
- Tested responsive mobile design via mobile emulators and on iOS and Android smartphones and tablets.
- Ensured WCAG and 508-compliant color contrast and accessible forms for search input in PubAg application using WAVE and Web Accessibility Toolbar.
- Added ARIA attributes to PubAg search content to relate dynamic server-side information to screen readers and for greater keyboard accessibility.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes