- Over 7+ years of overall IT exposure in Quality Assurance using Manual & Automation testing with Data Warehousing which involves ETL, Teradata, Reporting and Data modeling experience.
- Data testing experience with Data Mart applications, mainly transformation processes using Informatica, Datastage tools.
- Extensively written test plans, test cases, scripts and prepared test data and followed STLC extensively for DWH testing practices.
- Strong in Data warehousing concepts, dimensional Star Schema and Snowflakes Schema methodologies
- Extensively worked with large Databases in Test environments.
- Proficient in using Informatica workflow manager, Workflow monitor to create, schedule and control workflows, tasks, and sessions
- Involved in Performance tuning of the databases
- Extensive work in ETL testing using SQL, UNIX, PL/SQL.
- Profound experience in testing web applications using Quality Center and Quick Test Pro (QTP).
- Strong SQL query skills using an enterprise wide RDBMS (Oracle, MS SQL Server & MS Access) and familiar with concepts of SQL queries ranging from DML, DDL and TCL
- Strong expertise in Relational data base systems like Oracle, SQL Server, MS Access, MYSQL and Teradata
- Extensively tested data validation, load processes (ETL) using Toad and SQL Developer.
- Extensive experience in tracking bugs using Bug tracking tool Quality Center
- Experienced in testing BI reports generated using different BI tools like MicroStrategy and Business Objects
- Experience in testing/validating the Source, Stage and Target (End - to-End).
- Experience in Unit Testing, Functional Testing, System Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, User Acceptance Testing and Performance Testing.
- Performed System, Integration testing and Performance testing.
- Proficient in understanding business processes / requirements and translating them into technical requirements.
- Good Knowledge in Data Modeling.
- Familiar with programming language such as C and JAVA.
- Team Player with excellent communication, analytical, verbal, writing and interpersonal skills.
Data Warehousing ETL: Informatica PowerCenter 8.x/7.x/6.x, (Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Transformation Developer, Mapplet Designer, Mapping Designer, Repository Manager, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor and Informatica Server) ETL, DataStage, Repository, Metadata, Datamart, FACT & Dimensions tables.
Data Modeling: Physical Modeling, Logical Modeling, Relational Modeling, Dimensional Modeling (Star Schema, Snow-Flake, Fact, Dimensions), Entities, Attributes, Cardinality, ER Diagrams
BI Tools: Cognos 8.x/7.0, MicroStrategy, Business Objects XIR3/XIR2/6.x
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8.0, MySQL 5.4, MYSQL, OLTP
Tools: TOAD, SQL*Plus, Dream weaver
Confidential, Eden Prairie, MN
Sr. ETL Tester
- Analyzed business requirements, data mapping specifications and developed Test Plans, Test Cases, Expected Results and Prioritized tests for the applications for various modules using Quality center.
- Developed the detail ETL Test Plan, Test Resource Utilization and Close Down document for multiple products.
- Involved in automated Regression Testing using Quick Test Professional (QTP).
- Created complex SQL queries for querying data against different data bases for data verification process.
- Created Test cases for Data Acquisition and Data Delivery and tested the data accuracy for all the transformations.
- Tested the extracted data from flat files and oracle database, and tested the applied business logic on the transformations.
- Tested mappings/Reusable Objects/Transformation/mapplets by using Informatica PowerCenter 8.6.0/8.6.1.
- Used Informatica Power Center 8.6.0 /8.1.1 for extraction, loading and transformation (ETL) of data in the data warehouse.
- Created and implemented Business Objects reports by creating projects, schema objects and public objects, Attributes, hierarchies, metrics, filters, and templates.
- Designing and creating new reports, Freeform SQL reports in Business Objects
- Validated the data on Front end applications to reflect the data on the back end using SQL queries
- Expertise in planner/designer using mapping, transformations, data validation, oracle data warehouse builder.
- Creation and execution of manual test cases in Quality Center
- Tested various mappings in Power Center Designer using Aggregate, Expression, Filter, and Sequence Generator, Update Strategy, Union, Lookup, Joiner, XML Source Qualifier and Stored procedure transformations.
- Analyzed test cases for automation and created scripts for regression testing using QTP 9.2. Automated Test cases for the purpose of regression testing.
- Developed Teradata and Oracle Structured Query Language ( SQL ) test scripts from test procedures and executed them with Oracle's SQL plus and Teradata's Queryman or BTEQ
- Used SQL queries to retrieve data from tables and to perform back end testing thru TOAD.
- Wrote SQL, PL/SQL, stored procedures & triggers, cursors for testing business rules and transformations.
- Worked on UNIX for testing the sample data and comparing the data at the source vs target systems.
- Performed integration, regression, retesting.
- Written and reviewed test cases and participated in test effort estimation
- Worked with the team to set up the test bed.
Environment: HP Quality Center 10, Informatica Power Center 9.1, Business Objects, Teradata, AutoSys, DAC, Oracle 11g/10g, XML, TOAD 6.0, Java, Java Script, SQL, PL/SQL, IBM UNIX AIX 5.3.
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
- Involved in understanding Business Process and coordinated with Business Analysts to understand specific user requirements.
- Tested the extracted the data from heterogeneous sources like .dat file, Excel file, .csv file, flat files, Oracle etc and loaded into target tables Oracle.
- Extensively used the Sequential File, Dataset, Join, Look-up, transformer, Funnel, Xml and Connector stages provided by Informatica to perform transformation and load the data.
- Involved in extensive DATA validation using SQL queries and back-end testing
- Involved in developing detailed Test strategy, Test plan, Test cases and Test procedures using Quality Center for Functional and Regression Testing
- Tested all the reports by running queries against the warehouse-using TOAD. Also compared those queries with the Business Objects SQL engine generated queries.
- Used standard testing techniques to test the data validity before deploying the Business Objects Reports to Users.
- Tested several Informatica ETL mappings and ran on UNIX for loading purpose and checking the log files
- Validated Informatica logic by executing ETL Wrappers and Autosys jobs by using SQL and Unix Shell scripts
- Used Aggregator stages to sum the key performance indicators used in decision support systems.
- Expertise in MYSQL Database.
- Used SQL functions, clauses, Wildcards etc for extensive testing of the warehouse
- Tested slowly changing dimensions of Type 2 to populate current and historical data to Dimensions and Fact tables in the data warehouse.
- Used SQL Queries to validate the data on daily basis
- Queried Teradata Database and validated the data using Sql Assistant
- Running SQL Query's in TOAD for counting the no of rows from the tables
- Monitoring the ETL jobs and coordinating the Bug fixes.
- Used Quality Center for Bug reporting, tracking & generation of Test Metrics
- Participated in the review and maintenance of data security standards to protect information assets.
- Tracked the defects to closure.
- Used Rational ClearCase to manage testing artifacts and maintained testing views and streams.
- Used Rational ClearQuest for defect logging, tracking and report generation.
- Involved in meetings with the Project Manager and provided updates of the testing team.
Environment: Informatica 8.6, Oracle 10g/9i, Business Objects, IBM DB2, Quality Center, ClearCase 8.0, ClearQuest 8.0, MYSQL, XML, SQL, TOAD, SQL*Plus, Teradata, AutoSys, Java, Java Script, Windows, UNIX (Sun Solaris)
Confidential, Bloomfield, CT
ETL DWH Test Analyst
- Assisted in creating fact and dimension table implementation in Star Schema model based on requirements.
- Performed segmentation to extract data and create lists to support direct marketing mailings and marketing mailing campaigns.
- Reviewed and approved database modifications
- Created ETL test data for all ETL mapping rules to test the functionality of the Informatica Mappings.
- Troubleshooting, resolving and escalating data related issues and validating data to improve data quality.
- Extensively tested the Business Objects report by running the SQL queries on the database by reviewing the report requirement documentation.
- Validating the reporting objects in the reporter against the design specification document.
- Validating the data files from source to make sure correct data has been captured to be loaded to target tables
- Validating the load process of ETL to make sure the target tables are populated according the data mapping provided that satisfies the transformation rules.
- Tracked the progress of the defects till end of the defect life cycle, used Mercury Quality Center for defect tracking and maintained the workflows and trail history of bugs using Mercury Quality Center.
- Validating the Archive process to purge the data that meet the defined business rules.
- Writing complex SQL queries using Case Logic, Intersect, Minus, Sub Queries, Inline Views, and Union in Oracle.
- Did testing on ETL Informatica process for various data loading scenarios.
- Tested Canned/Ad-hoc reports using Business Objects Reporter functionalities like Cross Tab, Master Detail and Formulas, Slice and Dice, Drill Down, variables, filters, conditions, breaks, sorting, @Functions, Alerts, Cascading Prompts and User Defined Objects.
- Validated the ETL Scripts in the Target Database (Oracle) for creating the cube before migrating it to SQL Server.
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 7.1, Business Objects, Quality Center 9.2, Oracle 10g/9i, Flat files, SQL, PL/SQL, TOAD 7.x, java, Windows NT, Shell Scripting, Sun Solaris
- Monitor user requests/issues through tracking system & mails
- Work with the users to understand the issue/request
- Analyze and resolve the issue.
- Intensively conducted Functionality, User Interface, Security, and Regression testing during the various phases of the development using Test Director/Quality Center.
- Create enhancements/ bug fix requests and solve these if applicable
- Working on automation of test plans
- Performing smoke and regression tests for all releases
- Handling alerts & resolving issues behind them.
- Working on Test plans for the various builds and releases
Environment: Eclipse IDe, J2EE, UNIX, Sybase, DB2, Test Director, AutoSys 4.0, (proprietary GS language), C, Java, Unix Shell Scripting, Perl, Data Synapse 5.1, Sybase 12.5, Aqua Data Studio 6.0.15.