- Extensive experience in different phases of software development life cycle including systems analysis, design, development, deployment, data modeling, Data Architecture and ETL Architecture.
- Experience in iway Data migrator, Erwin Data modeler, Visual Basic, SQL Server 2016/2014/2012 /2008/2005 , DB2, Oracle 9i Forms and Reports, Oracle 9i/10g, DB2, Mysql, Postgres, Greenplum, Crystal Reports.
- Expert in Performance Tuning and Optimization of SQL Server, SQL scripts and stored procedures.
- Experience in data migration from different multiple data sources.
- Experience in application development using Microsoft Technologies such as Visual Basic, ASP, and VB Script.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Able to work collaboratively, quickly understand system architecture and business needs while committed to achieving corporate goals.
- Passionate about working with huge data sets and love to bring datasets together to answer business questions.
Databases: MSSQL Server 2016/2014/2012 , Oracle, DB2, MySQL, Postgres
ETL Tools: iway Data migrator, SSIS, Informatica, Pentaho
Data Modeling: CA Erwin Data Modeler, ER/Studio
Development Tools: Oracle Forms and Reports, VB.net, ASP.net
Operating Systems: Windows 2008R2, Ubuntu, Windows 10/8/xp, MS DOS
Report Tools: Crystal Reports, MS Access Reports, Web Focus
Confidential, Rochester, New York
Senior ETL Engineer
- Design ETL process to load historical/incremental data from multiple sources based on the Business Dimensional model
- Optimize the ETL process to extract the data in efficient way making sure the integration standards are followed, and improve the performance to feed the EDW.
- Identifying the issues in ETL process of other developers to ensure they match with the ETL Architecture Document with steps to declare all the required variables, using the correct sources and doing the error handling and sending the final data load reports.
- Regularly participating in discussions with ESL Developers to review their Development work and assist them to comply with the integration standards.
- Updating the ETL Architecture document and process to ensure they are in align with the changes happening in the process throughout the development of ETL process.
Environment: iway Data Migrator, MS SQL server, Oracle
- Analyzed existing transactional systems which are causing bottlenecks in querying and analytical and ad hoc reporting.
- Created a hybrid data model for data mart by blending star schema with snow flake schema to track the status of customers transactions as of time
- Created ETL process and SSIS packages to process data at specified intervals to keep the data in data mart to be in sync with transaction database.
- Created the ETL Architecture document and ETL implementation document to RSM staff to move forward with other data marts.
Environment: SSIS, MS SQL server, ER Studio