- SAFe 5 Agilist, PSM and ISTQB CTFL certified IT professional with 9.5 years of experience in Data Warehouse Testing across Financial Services and Rating & Billing (OSS / BSS) in Telecommunications.
Operating Systems: UNIX, Windows, Linux, MS - DOS
Languages: Shell, C, EPM, Java
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, Netezza, Hadoop
Automation: Shell scripting, Selenium WebDriver
Business Applications: Amdocs Ensemble, Singleview, Intermediate (ImE)
Domain: Telecom, Business Intelligence, Card Transactions, Fintech, BFSI (Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance)
Test Execution Tools: PuTTY, TOAD, SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader, SyncSort, SoapUI, Quick Test Pro
Test Management Tools: ALM, Remedy, HP Quality Center, Rational Test Manager, Change Synergy
Build Management Tools: GIT/Bitbucket, PVCS
Confidential, O’Fallon, Missouri
Data Warehouse Test Lead / Scrum Master
- Understand system Business Intelligence and ETL data transformation techniques.
- Develop Test strategies and Test plans for validation of Data Warehouse processes as per business requirements.
- Write SQL DML commands to create, store, retrieve, modify, and/or delete data in a database.
- Validate source and target data, field size of every column, data type and data truncation based on database testing rules.
- Assess and approve files received from various source systems, data between Mainframe, compressed files, Oracle and Netezza tables.
- Design automation scripts to enable roll back of changes made to the test environment thus reducing the implementation time by a significant margin.
- Transition the ETL/BI team from Waterfall to Agile by emphasizing on the benefits of Agile over Waterfall, most importantly, how it drives faster release cycles to get valuable products in the hands of consumers, increasing returns on investment and withstanding competition from other companies going Agile.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Proficiently organize and facilitate daily scrum, sprint reviews, retrospectives, sprint, and release planning.
- Collaborate closely with product owner in writing user stories and backlog grooming to keep product backlog relevant and prioritized, ensuring acceptance criteria are agreed upon and stories are ready for sizing.
- Effectively track team’s progress, including burn down, velocity and release forecasting.
- Identify and remove organization and team impediments to enhance productivity and efficiency.
- Utilize abilities and skills of individuals and foster a feedback culture to support team building and development. Played the role of a servant leader.
- Deploy and rollout batch processes into the test Data Warehouse as well as resolving environmental, database, data, and code issues in batch processes under test.
- Responsible for the end - to-end integration and ensure that products are shippable.
- Work alongside business and development partners to deliver solutions for various applications using Agile Methodology.
- Provide effective defect tracking and management to ensure highest quality software.
- Develop business and product knowledge over time and share such knowledge to mentor newer team members.
Environment: /Tools: UNIX, SQL, Putty, TOAD, WinSCP, Remedy, ALM, Bitbucket.
- Develop test strategies, test plans and test cases.
- Create test data to be evaluated by business for approval.
- Configure entities, develop functions, and create tariffs.
- Execute SOAP based web services for API testing.
- Maintain updated knowledge of latest testing techniques, strategies, testing tools and test frameworks used in the client office.
- Set up and obtain approval on project test plans by various stakeholders.
- Define and ensure alignment of required test strategy with scope and client organization standards.
- Involve in development of required tests scope (Traceability Matrix), prepare estimates for test efforts and team.
- Focus on re-testing and resolution of defects aimed at seamless implementation of project phases.
- Draft test schedules and identify test metrics to be gathered.
Environment: /Tools: Singleview CB, UNIX, SQL, Putty, TOAD, SoapUI, Rational Test Manager
- Prepare and implement test plans for user acceptance tests (UAT).
- Conduct UAT for new features and services on different modules.
- Design and implement regression test suite for defect tracking and retesting.
- Report and document issues discovered during testing and follow up for resolution using Change Synergy.
Environment: /Tools: Amdocs CSM, Amdocs Enabler, HP Quality Center, Change Synergy, Quick Test Pro