- Overall, 7 Years of experience in System Integration Testing of Web & ETL Applications.
- Expert knowledge in creating Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scenarios and Test Strategies, Defect Management to ensure Quality Assurance and to test all the business requirements.
- Having good experience on Banking (BFS), Insurance and Health Insurance domain.
- Worked under testing methodologies like Agile - SCRUM and Waterfall Model.
- Extensive experience in ETL/ Data warehouse backend testing.
- Implemented data transformation methodologies and understood Business Requirement Document (BRD) and Data Mapping Document (DMD).
- Experience in preparing test reports from Quality Center and prepared daily test status reports to communicate the test status with the team.
- Extensive testing ETL experience using Informatica 8.1/7.1/6.2 (Power Center/ Power Mart) (Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor and Server Manager).
- Experienced in Data Analysis, Data Validation, Data Modeling, Data Cleansing, Data Verification and identifying data mismatch.
- Solid understanding of source to target data mapping.
- Proficient in ETL/ Data warehouse backend testing and BI Intelligence reports testing.
- Ability to conduct walkthroughs in order to formulate and design complete and detailed test plans and test cases for System, Functional, and User Acceptance Testing.
- Highly analytical with strong critical-thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Sr ETL Tester
- Worked with Business analysts to understand requirements in order to transform business requirements into functional specifications.
- Study and analysis of the mapping document indicating the source tables, columns, data types, transformations required, business rules to be applied, target tables, columns and data types.
- Tested Informatica Mappings and worked with Staging area to validate the data with SQL queries.
- Developed SQL scripts to validate the databases tables and reports data for backend database testing.
- Throughout the project in various iterations/Sprints - conducted system testing, integration testing, functional testing and integration testing.
- Developed complex SQL queries for querying data against different databases for data verification process.
- Performed count validation, Dimensional Analysis, Statistical Analysis and Data Quality Validation in Data Migration.
- Coordinated in setting up Test Environments and Test Plan needs with team members.
- Developed various Test Scripts, Test Execution using Quality Center based on the Functional Specifications.
- Executed Test Cases using positive and negative data in Quality Center's Test Lab and reported results and defects using Quality Center's Defects tool.
- Involved in validating the Data mart tables as per the business logic applied to the staging tables.
- Written SQL queries to validate reports against the database.
- Verified data completeness and transformation rules.
- Tested referential relations and integrities of data.
- Analyzed test results, generate test reports, file bugs and follow up on resolution with development.
- Prepared daily status reports with details of executed, passed, and failed test cases and defect status.
- Scheduling and automating jobs to be run in a batch process.
- Participated in regular project status meetings and QA status meetings.
- Created test cases for ETL mappings and design documents for production support.
Sr ETL Tester
- Established the business analysis methodology using Iterative model of SDLC.
- This project process is done by Agile Methodology.
- Involved in preparation of Effort estimation document and presented to clients.
- Design and Develop Plans for different application releases.
- Created and executed detail DW test scripts and Test cases based on the Mapping Design documents.
- Write SQL Queries as per DW Design Mapping document to validate respective tables logic.
- Validating fields present in the reports are as agreed in specifications.
- Arranged meetings with business analyst in better understanding the DW Design Mapping documents Transformation Rules by using business naming conventions.
- Developed SQL queries /scripts to validate the data such as checking duplicates, null values, truncated values and ensuring correct data aggregations.
- Responsible for creating different sessions and workflows to load the data in Data Warehouse using Informatics Workflow Manager.
- Performed various types of testing, such as Black box, Functional, SIT and Regression testing
- Determined testing scope and prioritized deliverables in different phases.
- Tested data warehouse components, data marts, testing of Dimension and Fact tables.
- Tested ETL process for both before data validation and after data validation process.
- Extensively used ETL Informatica to load from operational systems and flat files into the target data warehouse.
- Transformed data from various data sources like DB2, Oracle and flat files
- Pulled data across multiple database server (oracle DB2, SQL Servers) connected data sources by Business Intelligence tool like SSIS.
- Created SSIS package to load data from Flat Files, Excel and XML Files to Data warehouse and Report-Data mart using Lookup, Derived Columns, Sort, Aggregate.
- Designed and Deployed SSIS Packages.
- Build extract, transform and load (ETL) process to migrate data from multiple types of data sources (SQL Server, DB2, Oracle, Flat files etc.) to destination database Server using SSIS packages VBA etc.
- Created and maintained data flow diagrams for existing and future ETL processes.
- Written SQL queries to do the column level verification of the Dimension and Fact tables.
- Involved in testing the data warehouse for both the initial load and the incremental loads of the target.
- Extensively used SQL statements to query the Oracle Database for Data Validation and Data Integrity.
- Involved in the Informatica up-gradation testing to make sure that the existing, updated, and new workflows are working as expected when migrated to Informatica from Informatica 8.6.
- Performed database testing by writing and executing SQL queries to ensure that data entered has been uploaded correctly into the database.
SQL Developer (ETL)
- Analyzed Business requirements & Design Specification Document to determine the functionality of the ETL Processes.
- Study Business Requirement Document (BRD) and Data Mapping Document (DMD) and implement data transformation methodologies.
- Mapped source system data to data warehouse tables.
- Created ETL mappings using Informatica Power Center.
- Developed ETL workflows and mappings to extract, transform, and load data into target environments.
- Developed and performed tests and validate all data flows and prepared all ETL processes according to business requirements and incorporate all business requirements into all design specifications.
- Extracted, transformed and loaded the data from source (CSV file) to ETL tables and UDS, UDB tables using Informatica.
- Collaborated with all developers and business users to gather required data and execute all ETL programs and scripts on systems and implement all data warehouse activities and prepared reports for same.
- Performed root cause analysis (RCA) and contributed to remediation planning and implementation.