- With 5+ years of progressive hands - on experience in analysis, ETL processes, design and development of enterprise level data warehouse architectures, designing, coding, testing, and integrating ETL .
- Experience in Dimensional data modeling techniques, Slow Changing Dimensions (SCD), Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) (Requirement Analysis, Design, Development & Testing), and Data warehouse concepts - Star Schema/Snowflake Modeling, FACT & Dimensions tables, Physical & Logical Data Modeling.
- Expertise in the ETL Tool Informatica and have extensive experience in Power Center Client tools including Designer, Repository Manager, Workflow Manager/ Workflow Monitor.
- Experience in data mart life cycle development, performed ETL procedure to load data from different sources into Data marts and Data warehouse using Informatica Power Center.
- Extensively worked with complex mappings using various transformations like Filter, Joiner, Router, Source Qualifier, Expression, Union, Unconnected/Connected Lookup, Aggregator, Stored Procedure, XML Parser, Normalize, Sequence Generator, Update Strategy, Reusable Transformations, User Defined Functions, etc.
- Experience in using the Informatica command line utilities like pmcmd to execute workflows in non-windows environments
- Sound knowledge of database architecture for OLAP and OLTP applications, Data analysis, Data Cleansing and ETL processes.
- Expertise in OLAP/OLTP System Study, Analysis and ER Modeling, developing database Schemas like Star Schema, Snowflake Schema, Conforming Dimensions and Slowly Changing Dimensions used in relational, dimensional and multi-dimensional modeling.
- Good experience in creating repositories, folders, groups, users and assigning privileges to users.
- Experienced in mapping techniques for Type 1, Type 2, and Type 3 Slowly Changing Dimensions
- Developed several SSIS packages and completed Tableau 9.x training.
- Strong experience in SQL, PL/SQL, Tables, Database Links, Materialized Views, Synonyms, Sequences, Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages, Triggers, Joins, Unions, Cursors, Collections, and Indexes in Oracle.
- Identified and fixed bottlenecks and tuned the complex Informatica mappings for better Performance.
- Extensive experience using database tool such as SQL *Plus, SQL *Developer, Autosys and TOAD.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, technical, project management, training, and presentation skills.
ETL Tools: Informatica 10.x/9.1/9.x/7.x, SSIS
Data Visualization Tools: Tableau, Power BI
Data Analysis Tools: SSAS
Databases: Oracle, Teradata
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, HTML, XML, XSL
Tools: TOAD, SQL Developer, Adobe Campaign, Clear Case, JIRA, DITA, Oxygen XML Editor
Server: WebLogic, IIS
Operating Systems: Windows Variants
Confidential, Lawrenceville, NJ
- Involved in gathering and analysis business requirement and writing requirement specification documents and identified data sources and targets.
- Developed ETL programs using Informatica to implement the business requirements.
- Effectively worked in Informatica version based environment and used deployment groups to migrate the objects.
- Used debugger in identifying bugs in existing mappings by analyzing data flow, evaluating transformations.
- Extensively used various active and passive transformations like Filter Transformation, Router Transformation,
- Responsible for developing, support and maintenance for the ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) processes using Informatica Power Center 10.x
- Developed Mapplets, reusable transformations, source and target definitions and mappings using Informatica .
- Expression Transformation, Source Qualifier Transformation, Joiner Transformation, and Look up Transformation, Update Strategy Transformation, Sequence Generator Transformation, and Aggregator Transformation.
- Created Mapplets, Reusable Transformations, Reusable Session/Email/Command Tasks to increase the code reusability and maintenance
- Worked with the testing team to resolve bugs related to day one ETL mappings before production.
- Maintained ETL release document for every release and migrated the code into higher environments through deployment groups.
- Designed workflows with many sessions with decision, assignment task, event wait, and event raise tasks, used Informatica scheduler to schedule jobs.
- Performance tuning at Informatica and database levels depending on the bottlenecks identified with the jobs.
- Effectively used Informatica parameter files for defining mapping variables, workflow variables, FTP connections and relational connections.
- Used SQL tools like TOAD to run SQL queries and validate the data.
- Performed tuning of queries, targets, sources, mappings, and sessions.
- Used Informatica Workflow Manager to create workflows, database connections, sessions and batches to run the mappings.
- Used Unix Shell Scripts to automate pre-session and post-session processes.
- Created change request before code deployment into production to get required approvals from business.
- Created weekly project status reports, tracking the progress of tasks according to schedule and reported any risks and contingency plan to management and business users.
Environment: Informatica Power center 10.x/9.x, Oracle 11g, Unix Shell Scripts, SQL, PL/SQL, Flat files, Windows XP.
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Worked on building the ETL architecture and Source to Target mapping to load data into Data warehouse.
- Design and Development of ETL mappings using Informatica Power Center.
- Involved in the installation and configuration of Informatica Power Center 10.1 and evaluated Partition concepts in Power Center 10.1
- Developed various mappings using Mapping Designer and worked with Aggregator, Lookup, Filter, Router, Joiner, Source Qualifier, Expression, Stored Procedure, Sorter and Sequence Generator transformations.
- Created stored procedures, views, user defined functions and common table expressions.
- Generated underlying data for the reports through SSIS exported cleaned data from Excel Spreadsheets, Text file, MS Access and CSV files to data warehouse.
- Managed the Metadata associated with the ETL processes used to populate the Data Warehouse.
- Designed reusable components such as transformation, Mapplets, lookups and reusable objects sources and targets (shared folder) for ETL process.
- Used Informatica parameter files for defining session, workflow, FTP connections and relational connections.
- Used Source Qualifier Transformation to filter data at Source level rather than at Transformation level.
- Writing complex SQL queries for data validation for verifying the Informatica Packages and business Rules.
- Developed monitoring scripts in UNIX and moved Data Files to another server by using SCP on UNIX platform.
- Involved in data analysis using SQL, PL/SQL and many other queries based applications.
- Production reconciliation was performed before the deployment of the developed application to the production systems to ensure that the data is being processed efficiently and to test the correctness of the data.
- Worked in AGILE Methodology and used Agile Test Methods to provide rapid feedback to the developers significantly helping them uncover important risks.
Environment: Informatica 10.0/9.0/8.6 , SQL Server 2014, Teradata SQL Assistant, Teradata V2R6, Business Objects, Quality Center 10.0/ALM, Selenium, Oracle 10g / 11g, Agile, UNIX, Jira.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
- Worked extensively in full System Development Life Cycle like participating in requirement gathering, business analysis, user meeting.
- Interacted with functional teams and users for finalizing the data models and reporting structures.
- Worked closely with the Business Analyst, Data Modeler and Database Architect during the design and development of technical specification document.
- Used Informatica Power Center as an ETL to extract data from source like MS SQL Server, Flat files, Oracle, DB2 and Teradata and loaded to target.
- Worked with the various client component of Informatica like Source.
- Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Mapping Designer, Mapplets Designer and Repository.
- Manager, Workflow Manager, and Workflow Monitor.
- Used different transformations like Lookup, Joiner, Aggregator, Filter, Sorter, Expression, Update Strategy, Source Qualifier, Rank, Router to create several mappings and mapplets.
- Implemented extracting, cleansing, transformation, integration and loading into Data marts using Informatica.
- Implemented Slowly Changing Dimension Phenomenon Type-1, Type-2 using Informatica ETL mapping.
- Created mapplets and reusable session for the performance tuning.
- Implemented error-processing strategy to reprocess the error data and manage notification of error data to corresponding business team.
- Worked with Informatica workflow monitor in running and debugging its components and monitoring the resulting executable version.
- Involved in fine-tuning of sources, targets, mappings and sessions for performance optimization.
- Wrote complex SQL queries using joins, sub queries and inline views to retrieve data from the database.
- Used complex SQL queries to unit test the system and to test the existing project also used to validate the data in data warehouse.
- Used SQL and PL/SQL tuning techniques to improve the performance.
- Daily monitoring of the mappings that ran the day before and fixing the issues.
- Worked with DBA and Reporting team to generate Materialized View of the data warehouse.
- Worked on call for production support.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.x, Oracle 10g, SQL Server 2012, flat files, DB2, Teradata, Erwin R7, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL*PLUS, Shell Scripting.
Confidential, Plano, TX
- Creating Business Objects reports according to BRD specifications.
- Analyzing and enhancing the existing BO Reports as per new requirements.
- Responsible for the development and support of a Data Warehouse using Informatica as the primary ETL Tool and Business Objects as reporting tool.
- Worked on Informatica Utilities Source Analyzer, warehouse Designer, Mapping Designer, Mapplet Designer and Transformation Developer.
- Analyzing the sources, transforming data, mapping the data and loading the data into targets using Informatica Power Center Designer.
- Created reusable transformations to load data from operational data source to Data Warehouse and involved in capacity planning and storage of data.
- Designed and developed mappings using Source Qualifier, Aggregator, Joiner, Lookup, Sequence Generator, Stored Procedure, Expression, Filter, Java and Rank transformations and validated the Data.
- Implemented and populated Slowly Changing Dimension (SCD) to maintain current information and history information in dimension tables.
- Used Informatica Power Center Workflow Manager to create sessions, batches to run with the logic embedded in the mappings.
- Developed PL/SQL and UNIX shell scripts for scheduling the sessions in Informatica.
- Developed PL/SQL programming that included writing Stored Procedures, Packages, Functions and database Triggers.
- Documentation of Technical specification, business requirements, functional specifications for the development of Informatica Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) mappings to load data into various tables.
- Created procedures to drop and recreate the indexes in the target Data warehouse before and after the sessions.
- Created shell script to pass database connections, parameter entries for source and target
- Demonstrated complete follow-through on technical problems.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.1, Oracle 11g, Flat Files, Win7, SQL * Plus, PL/SQL, UNIX, Toad.