- Data Integration, Data Quality, Data Migration, Data Analysis, Data Movements, Data Governance, Master Data and Big Data Management.
- Administered, Architect, Analysis, Design, Development and Implementation of Software Applications in Database Client Server environments.
- Design of large - scale ETL solutions integrating multiple source systems XML (B2B), MS Excel, Teradata, DB2, Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server and various File systems.
- Strong knowledge in OLTP/OLAP Systems, Normalized (OLTP), De-normalized (DW and ODS) models, Dimensional and Multi-dimensional (OLAP) Strategies, Surrogate Key, Star schema and Snowflake schema.
- Configured a scalable parallel environment including clustered and distributed configurations.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills. Good team player with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the development process.
- Extensively worked in scripting (Unix and Windows)
- Bigdata Administration and Supporting on IBM BigInsights Hadoop servers.
- Over 16 Years of DW Experience in Informatica 10.2, BDE, Powercenter Clients With DT, IDQ and MDM, IBM WebSphere DataStage DS Tools v.8.1, Pentaho PDI Tools Spoon, Pan, Kettle and Kitchen, Hadoop, Hive, Hyperion Planning, Smartview and Oracle Essbase within the Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence and Databases Integration.
- Over 27 Years of experience in Database designing, coding, testing & implementing enterprise applications using Oracle, Sybase, MS SQL Server, DB2 and Teradata.
- Extensive experience in Datastage with Server and Parallel Extender (PX) and Informatica Powercenter/Developer.
- With Parallel Extender for parallel processing to improve job performance while working with bulk data sources.
- Effectively used DataStage Manager and Informatica Repository to Import/Export projects from development server to production server. Parameterized jobs for changing environments.
- Developed various Informatica/DataStage Maplets/Routines and Transformations according to business requirements. Used Stage Variables, Constraints, Stored procedures and Key management functions.
- Version Control System using HP Serena Dimension, svn, Rational Clear Case/ Quest, PVCS and SCCS.
- Automation System using HP SCP, CA’s Autosys and Unicenter and cron Jobs.
- Experience in various UNIX environment like Sun Solaris, AIX, Linux and HP and writing Advanced UNIX Scripts.
- Having knowledge in Python for creating automation scripts.
- Skilled in SQL Tools- Rapid SQL, Toad, DBArtisan, SQL Developer, Toad for Cloud(hive) and Design tool ERWIN.
- Functional knowledge in Health Care Insurance, Mortgage, Banking, Credit Risk Department, Telecommunications, Finance, and Manufacturing industries.
- Can professionally design and develop an efficient and scalable Data warehouse solution to complex enterprise level business problems.
- Collect, Report-on and Resolve issues identified through key application performance indicators.
- Expertise in Data Modeling, Designing of Logical and Physical Data Mart using Star Schema methodology using Erwin 4.0 and Data Loading using SQL*Loader.
- Configuring, migrating from and managing various versions of ETL Tools DataStage/Informatica/Pentaho/Talend.
- Experience in mentoring and leading a team of technical staff.
ETL Tools: Informatica, Informatica BDE, Informatica DT, Datastage, Orchestrate, Talend Open Studio and Pentaho PDI Tools Spoon, Pan, Kettle and Kitchen, Unix Shell Scripting, Hadoop, BigInsights, HTML, T/Sql, PL/SQL, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Object Oriented programming.
Databases: Hive, Big Sql, Teradata, DB2 8.1.6, Oracle 11g, Sybase 15, MS Access 2002, MS SQL Server, Stored proc, Triggers, Packages, DBMS Jobs, T-SQL, I-SQL, Performance Tuning, Sql Replication, Backup/Restores, Sql Trace, Data Models, Sybase Stored Procedures and Triggers, Sybase Central, DBArtisan, Rapid SQL, TOAD, SQL Developer.
Management: Multiple Projects, Specifications, Analysis, Design, Proposals, Resource Allocation, Requirements Definition, Presentations, Demonstrations, and Mentoring.
Architectures: Visio and ERWIN, Client/Server, Internet/Intranet, Backup and Failover, Object oriented Designs.
Project Management Tools: MS Project, MS Office Suite Remedy System and Rational Clear Quest.
Project Methodologies: SDLC, PMLC Models and Agile & Waterfall Methodologies.
Version Control Tools: HP QC and Serena Dimension/Version Manager, SVN, PVCS Ver 6.01, Rational ClearCase/ClearQuest
Automated Execution Tools: HP SCP, CA’s Unicenter/Autosys
Operating Systems: Windows XP/2000/NT/98/95, Novell NetWare 3.11, MS-DOS, OpenWindows X11 Version 6.4.1, HP UNIX 11.00, UNIX SVR 4.2 & SunOS 5.8.
Depreciated Skills: PowerBuilder 6.0, Visual Basic 4.0, Oracle Forms 3.0, Reports 1.1, APT Workbench, Data Report Workbench, Business Objects, Crystal Reports, ARBOR Billing System & CACS, Txbase, Report workbench, C, Pro*C, Perl, HTML, Cognos, Business Objects and Crystal Reports
Principal ETL Consultant
- Worked on multiple Projects MSP (Mortgage Service Provider), Student Loan, BDE (Bulk Data Extract), DMS (Deposit Management System), VISA/FALCON, SIT (Scheduled Internal Transfers) for Collections, Predictive Modeling and HDMS (Historical Database Management System - Hadoop) and KTLO (Maintenance) Activities.
- Implemented complex mappings using variety of PowerCenter transformations, UDFs, Mapping Parameter and Variables, Mapplets & Static and Dynamic Parameter files.
- Copied data from Teradata and Files to Hadoop System (HDMS) using Sqoop and Hive/Impala SQLs and Unix scripts.
- Created Worklets, Tags, Assignments, Conditional flows, Email and Command Tasks using Workflow Manager.
- Implemented Slowly Changing Dimension (SCD type II) design for the ODS System. Designed & documented the functional specs and preparing the technical design.
- Expertise in Performance Tuning by identifying the bottlenecks at sources, targets, PowerCenter transformations and sessions and re-designing the mappings.
- Collected performance data for sessions and performance tuned by adjusting Informatica session parameters.
- Created Checklists for Coding, Testing and Release for a smooth, better & error free project flow, Release Documents for better readability of code/reports to end users, h andled User Acceptance Test & System Integration Test apart from Unit Testing with the help of HP Quality Center as Bug Tracking tool.
- Created & Documented Unit Test Plan (UTP) for the code.
- In MSP the source comes as Excel Files and VB scripts created for converting to csv and scp to UNIX server for each period and period folder create at run time and assigned in the runtime Parameter file.
- Designed and developed end to end process automation for Informatica ID recertification to meet Confidential Federal’s compliance goals.
- Administering and Supporting IBM BigInsights (Hadoop) and OCIE WEX Explorer Servers.
- Implemented IBM Federation Server and established access to Oracle, Sqoop, Netezza and Hive.
- Implemented IBM OCIE WEX Services and added cron jobs.
- Modified Python Scripts for the regular maintenance activity in administering the servers and drives.
- Analyzed and tuned BigSQL Queries.
- Increased the Page size to 32K from 4K for better performance.
- Configured and monitored multi-node(38) cluster in Prod and DR Servers.
- Replace hard drive, configure and activate the node to flow through the data.
- Monitoring the multiple EDW Servers filesystems
- Used IMM monitor for monitoring and preventing hardware issues.
- Data backup and restore for critical system.
- Uploading monthly options data (3TB) into Biginsights hdfs servers.
- Supporting Redhat Monthly patching on the Biginsights servers in all environments.
ETL and Database Developer
Confidential, Chantilly, VA
- Resources to provide input for changes to the Physical (PDM) and Logical data Models (LDM).
- Using Informatica Powercenter, created mappings, sessions and workflows to import, migrate and transform the data into the new data structures using complex logic.
- Data Flow Diagrams created for Prototype Data Mapping. Prepared STTM (Source To Target Mapping) and created ETL Design, Created & Documented Unit Test Plan (UTP) for the developed application.
- Exceptions created for the records which doesn’t fit Business Rules.
- Unit testing with the prototype data against the legacy stem using the Oracle Application Express.
- Developed Informatica Application and Automated from Choosing the OS, Server/Client Installation, Administration, Development and maintenance.
- Created a methodology for backup and restore of all Informatica code.
Confidential, Herndon, VA
- Developed ETLs Using Informatica BDE, getting data to and from Apache Hadoop Environment.
- Wrote customized Hive SQLs in Informatica BDE to access data to and from CMS MIDAS System.
- Dimension and Fact tables ETL Loadings done using Hive Source.
- For MIDAS csv and xml files in Sequence (Compressed) format as Source and HDFS and Oracle as Target.
- Created Unix Scripts to call DT Scripts using hParser for parsing the Complex xml data.
- Using Unstructured Data Transformation, the DT generated xml’s are copied as text files first and Oracle Tables.
- Created 2 steps for flattening the xml data. In the first step using DT Studio flatten the data and loaded in Hadoop folders.
- Setup and maintain ETL administration best practices and procedures.
- Data Quality (IDQ) / Exception handled in mappings and stored in another schema for User Validation.
- Worked on a Master Data Management (MDM/Reference data, Customer Information File (CIF), Customer Data Integration (CDI) project in the Health services.
- Designed & documented the functional specs and preparing the technical design.
- Implemented Slowly Changing Dimension (SCD type II) design for the Data Warehouse.
- Worked extensively on different types of transformations like Sorter, Expression, Filter, Aggregator, Rank, Lookup, Stored procedure, Sequence generator and Joiner.
- Mapping Parameters, Mapping Variables, Mapplets and Parameter files in Mapping Designer using both the Informatica PowerCenter and IDQ.
- Developed workflows with Worklets, Event waits, Assignments, Conditional flows, Email and Command Tasks using Workflow Manager.
- Expertise in Performance Tuning by identifying the bottlenecks at sources, targets, PowerCenter transformations and sessions using techniques like Explain plans, Oracle hints, re-designing the mappings.
- Collected performance data for sessions and performance tuned by adjusting Informatica session parameters.
- Created Checklists for Coding, Testing and Release for a smooth, better & error free project flow.
- Created STTM Documents and Release Documents for better readability of code/reports to end users.
- Handling User Acceptance Test & System Integration Test apart from Unit Testing with the help of Quality Center as bug logging tool. Created & Documented Unit Test Plan (UTP) for the code.
- Coordinate deployments that include Informatica deployments, Unix Shell Script and Database DDL deployments.
- In the second step the flattened data loaded into hive Staging Tables using the Informatica BDE Edition.