- A Technically Experienced Professional with around 7+ years of Information Technology
- Experience in ETL Testing, Manual Testing, Software Quality Assurance, Quality Control and Data/System Analyst.
- Experience in Data Analysis, Data Profiling, Data Validation, Data Cleansing and Data Verification.
- Technical expertise in data models, database design and development.
- Experience in working with various comprehensive SDLCs including Agile/Scrum Methodology and Waterfall Methodology.
- Expertise in working with operating systems and different Languages such as Big Data, SQL
- Knowledge in testing the process for Hadoop based application design and implementation.
- Proficiency in Backend Testing/Database Testing specifically in executing SQL queries to interact with databases.
- Experience in user story creation, story mapping and scrum ceremonies.
- Experience in Business Process Analysis, Business Process Reengineering and Documentation.
- Expertise in all phases of data warehouse project including requirement analysis, data analysis, mapping document preparation, validation of data and test process management.
- Experience in creating various artifacts for projects which include specification documents, data mapping and data analysis documents.
- Proficient in different types of testing that includes Black Box testing, Smoke testing, Functional testing, System Integration testing, Load Testing, Performance Testing, Stress Testing. Regression testing, End - to-end Testing, & User Acceptance testing (UAT), also have good knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC)
- Experience in interacting with business analysts, developers, technical support & help them base line the requirement specifications.
- Knowledge in data ingestion tools and implementation of structured data integration and archival process
- Work experience with reviewing and testing of data maps between various legacy systems and relational databases.
- Involved in testing the MicroStrategy Reports, Report Service Documents and dashboards by writing complex SQL queries
- Strong at ETL process and BI Reports and ensuring data correctness and data quality as per the Business requirements.
- Proficient in Test Case Designing, Test Script Preparing, Test Execution and Defect Management.
- Good interpersonal and client interfacing skills.
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX, Linux
Testing Tools: Quality Center, HP ALM, JIRA, Postman
Programming Languages: SQL, XML, PL/SQL
Testing Methodologies: Waterfall, Iteration, STLC, Agile
Databases/Database tools: Oracle 10/11g, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Hadoop
ETL &BI Tools: Informatica
Scheduling Tools: Autosys, Jenkins
Confidential, Richmond, VA
ETL QA Tester
- Tested the data loaded from various source systems to Datamart.
- Coordinated extensively with Business Analyst, Testers, Developers and Business Users to understand the Business and Functional Requirements for multiple applications.
- Responsible for preparing status reports and traceability metrics.
- Worked on Autosys, Unix, Hadoop, Hive scripting for big data testing
- Validated the Map reduce, Pig, Hive scripts by pulling the data from the Hadoop and validating it with the data in the files and reports.
- Prepared test plan and test cases for the individual projects within the application.
- Manage test cases, defects, test runs within test tracking tools (ALM) and generate project level reporting.
- Prioritize and execute tasks.
- Update and maintain product documentation.
- Extensively used the HP ALM for writing and executing the test cases for various projects of the application.
- Tested initial and delta loads.
- Prepared SQL scripts for various data validation purposes.
- Performed Negative testing for the application for all the projects.
- Performed Black box testing, Functional testing, End-to-End testing, System testing, and User Acceptance testing.
- Co-ordinate with the offshore team daily through conference calls and emails. Also did regression testing after the bugs were fixed.
- Interacted with the developers and business analyst for every build cycle for the status reports.
- Performed smoke and sanity testing in the pre-production environment before release into the production environment.
Environment: /Tools: UNIX, Windows, HP ALM (Application life cycle management), PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Jenkins, Hadoop, Hive
ETL QA Tester
- Involved in understanding of business requirements and converted it into mapping documents.
- Created complex load rules and transformation logic to load data to target systems.
- Worked with end users to gain an understanding of core data concepts behind their business.
- Participated in User Story Grooming sessions and Iteration Planning meetings with Scrum Master, Product Owners, and Agile Team members.
- Reviewed the scenarios thoroughly and communicated the data quality issues for fixes.
- Involved in extensive data validation by writing several complex SQL queries and Involved in back-end testing and worked with data quality issues.
- Created and executed SQL queries to validate complex transformation rules used in source to target mapping.
- Established the Data Quality Framework by understanding the BRD and interaction with business as required.
- Triggered and monitored ETL workflows using Informatica.
- Analysed defects to find out the root cause for the issues.
- Coordinated with Development and QA teams regarding resolution of defects.
- Provided Implementation and post implementation validation and support.
Environment: HP Quality Center/ALM, Informatica, Teradata SQL Assistant, SharePoint, Autosys, Rally, TOAD, Putty, Oracle 11g, SQL Server 2008/2012, Agile
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Created test cases based on the test plan and uploaded to the test management tool.
- Worked with Quality Center for testing activities. Created test cases and test sets.
- Reported bugs and worked with developers to resolve defects.
- Involved in Smoke, SIT, Retesting, Performance testing and Regression test.
- Developed test cases to accomplish ETL data migration.
- Understood Data Models, Data Schema, ETL and created extensive store procedures, SQL queries to perform backend data warehousing testing
- Extensively used SQL tools like SQL Developer and SQL Plus to run SQL queries and validate data in source, staging and data mart.
- Analyzed the session logs and the audit tables to find the job elapsed time for staging and loading jobs.
- Ensured data integrity and verified all data modifications and calculations during database migration using ETL tools
- Extensively used the diff command in UNIX to find difference between files.
- Participated in daily stand up meetings, weekly status meetings with offsite teams and offshore teams.
- Involved in Defect Triage Meetings and determine the priority and severity of bugs.
- Coordinated with the offsite and offshore teams and monitored junior test Analysts
Environment: Data Stage 8.5, Oracle 10g, HP Quality Center 10, SQL