- Over 13 years of IT experience in the full life cycle of Software Development (SDLC) including Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, Testing.
- Around 10 years of experience in ETL testing, GUI Testing, Backend Testing and Automation Testing in all phases of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and SDLC.
- Designing, implementing test plans, test scenarios, test cases, and conducting test review meetings with the team on a day - to-day basis.
- Emphasis on GUI Testing, Manual Testing, Black Box Testing, Backend Testing of Client Server, and Web applications in diversified domains like Health Care, Insurance, Networking and Banking Applications.
- Strong skills in performing and leading Regression, Integration, GUI Testing, Performance, Usability, Load, Functionality, Security, Positive, Smoke, Sanity, System, Stress and Usability Testing for web and Client/Server applications.
- Strong knowledge of Project management skills such as time estimation, task identification, and scope management.
- Experienced in Agile methodology viz Scrum and Waterfall model.
- Proficiency in developing SQL with various relational databases like Oracle, SQL Server. Hive, Mongo Db and Postgres.
- Experience in using Informatica PowerCenter (PowerCenter Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor and Repository Manager) and well versed in all the transformations, mappings, sessions, tasks, and workflows.
- Scheduling the Jobs in the test and Stage Environments using various Scheduling Tools like Control M, Autosys and DollarU. Ability to Use Cron Jobs and Windows Scheduler.
- Proficient in manual/automated testing of applications on Windows and UNIX environment.
- Defining Test Cases, analyzing bugs, interaction with team members in fixing errors and User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- API Testing and END point testing is performed using Postman and Swagger.
- Experienced in defect reporting using tools like Rally, Bugzilla, Test Director, Quality Centre, and JIRA
- Exposure to AWS Technologies.
- Maintained Test Matrix and Traceability Matrix and performing Gap analysis.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks, flexible in work schedules and possess good communication skills.
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX
Test Reporting Tools: HP ALM, Quality Centre, JIRA, Rally, Bugzilla, Test Director
Databases: SQL Server 2010, Oracle 10g/9i, Teradata 12/13, IBM DB2, MS Access
ETL Tools: Informatica Power Center 9.6/9.5, Talend, Snowflake
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting, Python
Scheduling tools: Autosys, Dollar U, Control M, Cronjob, Windows Scheduler
Web Servers: Linux Web Servers, Apache, IIS
Tools: MS Office, Netezza, Teradata SQL Assistant
API Testing: Postman, Swagger
Reporting: Hyperion Essbase Reporting, Smart View, OBIEE, Power BI, Business Objects
Confidential, Jacksonville, FL
ETL Test Lead
- Developed and Reviewed QA documentation such as Test plans, Test Reports, Test scenarios, test cases and Bug Reports.
- Performed Various kind of Testing using Various Testing Methodologies Viz... System Testing, Integration Testing, Smoke Testing, Sanity Testing, Functional Testing, End to End Testing, Boundary Value Testing and monitored the behavior of the applications during different phases of testing.
- Validation for ETL Mappings, Parameterization, Source and Target Connections, Workflows, Sessions and Tasks are performed on day-to-day basis and ensure we are following coding standards.
- Testing the data by using 5 different checks between the Source and Target Systems using Count Checks, Minus Check, Duplicate Check, Null Check and Sample Checks.
- Involved in Defect Review Meetings and troubleshoot with developers and Business Owners.
- Involved in STM(Source to Target Mapping) documentation and validation and find possible GAPs and Edge case scenarios..
- Performed back-end data validation in the final tables by writing and executing SQL queries to validate that data is being populated in appropriate tables and manually verify the correctness of the data.
- Test rules in Callidus tool to verify credit, incentive and deposit rules are triggered and corresponding payments are generated to the respective agencies.
- (TDD) Technical Design Document is prepared against the Sales Compensation Rules defined to Verify the commissions, chargeback and AMF for both monthly and quarterly. Rules are documented for both internal and external agents and agencies.
- Project follows Agile Methodology and testing is done by reviewing the User Stories.
- Participation in Daily Scrum meetings, Iteration Planning and Release Planning meetings in every spring which last for 15 days.
- Documented and executed the test cases, test results, test report and defects by using Rally Tool.
- Identify Business Functionalities and propose solutions for the upcoming releases.
- Participated in UAT (User Acceptance Testing) along with the Business and issues raised during the meetings are addressed on a high priority.
- Delegating the User stories and Tasks to different team based on the Capacity during the planning phase.
- Peer review of Test Scenarios and provide guidance to the team.
- Identifying the Hiccups faced in the Current Sprint and Reviewing them in the Spring Retrospective meetings.
- Talking with External Teams for any ad hoc access to the servers and database across the teams.
- Identifying and documenting the Defects in the Rally and Assigning it to the Developers and have them work on it and take it closure.
Environment: Callidus True Comp, Informatica Power Center 9.6, Control M, Unix, Oracle 10g, Postgres (PgAdmin 4), HiveSql (Hue Editor), NoSQL Booster for Mongo DB, Rally
Confidential, Lebanon, New Jersey
Senior ETL Test Engineer
- Understanding the system architecture, Data Flow and Data Mappings.
- Implementation of Claims Using Guidewire Architecture.
- Participating in the requirements analysis and design meetings with DEV, BIZ team for Review and facilitate in requirement freezing.
- Planning all the testing activities (Test Planning, Test Estimation and scheduling of QA activities, Test Strategy, Test Case Design, Requirements Traceability matrix, Review, execution, and Reports)
- Mentoring and Monitoring the QA Team, troubleshooting any technical problems.
- Used Jira Tool for Bug Reporting and Tracking for application while Coordinating only with vendor and to track reported defects.
- Testing the mappings using different sources like flat files, csv files, Cobol files, SQL server and Oracle
- Verifying different transformations Expression, lookups, update strategy, Filter, Router, Sequence generator, etc.
- Verifying the mappings as per Informatica standards of following naming standards for mappings, transformations.
- Verified reusable sessions, command tasks.
- Validating different logics used in lookups, expression, and other transformations.
- Testing performed on target tables to ensure the data is correct by writing different queries.
- Expert in writing queries of SQL statements, joins, functions.
- Worked on Testing of the Performance on the ETL Loads on MAKO Server (located in a different client location).
- Took additional tasks from the Client Team and completed it.
- Helped Client team with Autosys Implementation and Corrected JIL Scripts.
- Suggested fixes in the STM (Source to Target Mapping) documents created by Business team.
- Involved in Regression testing during code migration from Stage to Prod env.
- Worked closely with the offshore team. Involved in loading of data in staging schema as part of UNIT testing and Business validation.
- Involved in debugging the errors and fixing the mappings as on when there is a change happened or a fix required.
- Set up the data and environment for performing UAT to get client’s approval to pass the product.
- Providing regular feedback/status on testing and projects to Project Manager.
- Involving in interviewing the new candidates for the project and providing training and mentoring support on all QA activities.
- Communicated with client teams on the progress of the module.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.X, SQL Server, Guidewire, Quality Center 10.0, Unix, Phyton, HTML, Share point server 2003, SQL, Microsoft Project, Windows, Mainframe Systems, Cobol files, SQL SERVER, AutoSys
Senior ETL Tester/Production Support Analyst
- Involved in code migration from one cycle to another cycle using Kintana Tool.
- Preparation of Test cases and Test scripts.
- Loading the Test cases and Involved in defect tracking using Quality Center.
- Provoking $U Scheduling Tool and Monitoring the jobs
- Execution of informatica workflows in the Test environment and involved in debugging the errors from the session log files.
- Execution of test cases in different test environments and maintaining the Test Result.
- End to End Testing of Change Requests.
- Checking for TV Logic and testing it with different Scenarios.
- CR signoff’s and Loading Test Case and Test Result Document in Quality Center and SRM tool
- Capturing the Audits using Data Quality Governance Tool
- Checking for Restart ability of the Jobs whenever a failure occurs in Production simulating the same in the Test Environment.
- Running the Jobs in the Dev Environment and validating the results of the audit.
- Checking for the data at Summary Level and Detail Level after each audit run.
- Testing of the Jobs End to End for the Quality of Data.
- Understanding the system architecture, Data Flow and Data Mappings.
- Worked on enhancements and bug fixes in FDI Application.
- Creating Partitions in the database to accommodate the latest month data.
- Supported Financial Closure for Month End, Quarter End and Year End. Helped in cisco tie outs with the acquisition data.
- Loading Plugs during Month End from Business to correct the adjustments.
- $U Scheduling and Monitoring of the jobs
- Identifying root cause for Audit Failures between Source system (EDW) and Booking’s cube. Between Fin BI Bookings BO and FINBI Bookings cube.
- Proposed STF and LTFs for the issues occurred during ME/QE
- Supported ME special refresh on WD+0.
- Handled Month End Activities
- Involved with the users in understanding the business problem and helping with a solution.
- Worked extensively on Smart View issues during the upgrade.
- Involved in correcting the metrics by identifying the root cause.
- Provided LTF and STF’s for the bugs identified.
- Performed Ad Hoc Loads during ME/QE/YE.
- Worked with Accenture Business to provide solutions to the existing metrics.
- Monitoring jobs which include space requirement, table performance, adding indexes, gathering statistics, analyzing tables to improve the performance of the long running jobs.
- Worked extensively with performance team to improve the loads.
- Developed mappings to load the source files .txt, .csv to staging area.
- Cleansing source data using different transformations when loading source files
- Used different transformations like expressions, filter, lookups, routers, etc to validate the data.
- Developed mappings to load data from staging to DataMart.
- Written different types of queries when testing the data.
- Actively participated in through testing of the mappings and moving the code to UAT.
- Successfully completed all deliverables in time.
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter, Talend, Teradata, UNIX Shell Scripting, Essbase Reporting, Max Shell Scripting, OBIEE Reporting, Hyperion cube Building and Business Objects