- Over 8 plus years of progressive hands - on experience in analysis, ETL processes, design and development of enterprise level data warehouse architectures, designing, coding, testing, and integrating ETL.
- Experience in Dimensional data modelling techniques, Slow Changing Dimensions (SCD), Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) (Requirement Analysis, Design, Development & Testing), and Data warehouse concepts - Star Schema/Snowflake Modelling, FACT & Dimensions tables, Physical & Logical Data Modelling.
- Experienced in integration of various data sources like Oracle 11g, 10g/9i/8i, MS SQL Server, XML files, Teradata, Netezza, Sybase, DB2, Flat files, into staging area and different target databases.
- Expertise in the ETL Tool Informatica and have extensive experience in Power Center Client tools including Designer, Repository Manager, Workflow Manager/ Workflow Monitor.
- Extensively worked with complex mappings using various transformations like Filter, Joiner, Router, Source Qualifier, Expression, Union, Unconnected / Connected Lookup, Aggregator, Stored Procedure, XML Parser, Normalize, Sequence Generator, Update Strategy, Reusable Transformations, User Defined Functions, etc.
- Experienced with Informatica Power Exchange for Loading/Retrieving data from mainframe systems.
- Extensively worked on Relational Databases Systems like Oracle11g/10g/9i/8i, MS SQL Server, Teradata and Source files like flat files, XML files.
- Worked with Informatica Data Quality (IDQ) toolkit, Analysis, data cleansing, data matching, data conversion, exception handling, and reporting and monitoring capabilities using IDQ.
- Experienced in mapping techniques for Type 1, Type 2, and Type 3 Slowly Changing Dimensions
- Strong experience in SQL, PL/SQL, Tables, Database Links, Materialized Views, Synonyms, Sequences, Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages, Triggers, Joins, Unions, Cursors, Collections, and Indexes in Oracle.
- Prepared BTEQ scripts to load data from Preserve area to Staging area.
- Worked on Teradata SQL Assistant querying the source/target tables to validate the BTEQ scripts
- Expertise in creating SQL Queries, PL/SQL packages, Functions, Stored Procedures, Views, Triggers and Cursors.
- Experience in SAP Hyberis
- Experience in programming using JAVA
- Sound knowledge of Linux/UNIX, Shell scripting, experience in command line utilities like pmcmd to execute workflows in non-windows environments.
- Designed complex Mappings and have expertise in performance tuning and slowly-changing Dimension Tables and Fact tables.
- Expertise in Informatica Data Quality (IDQ) tool installation and Standardization, Address Validation and Deduplication.
- Experience in importing/exporting data between different sources like Oracle/Access/Excel etc. using SSIS/DTS utility
- Design and Development of the ETL jobs for the application to load data within the organization to Salesforce.com which is the cloud based CRM system with various opportunities, events, forums, and activities.
- Have hands on experience in tools like Address Doctor which is used for Address validations
- Expertise in creating databases, users, tables, triggers, macros, views, stored procedures, functions, Packages, joins and hash indexes in Teradata database.
- Good Experience in working with Teradata utilities like BTEQ, Fast Export, Fast Load, Multi Load to export and load data to/from different source systems including flat files.
- Extensive experience using database tool such as SQL *Plus, SQL *Developer, Autosys and TOAD.
- Proficient in Oracle Tools and Utilities such as TOAD and SQL*Loader.
- Production oncall support for the complex High Available databases, checking logs, debugging, provided work around to sustain abends and supported the entire system for daily/Weekly/Monthly loads
- Identified and fixed bottlenecks and tuned the complex Informatica mappings for better Performance.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, technical, project management, training, and presentation skills.
ETL Tools: Informatica PowerCentre, Informatica Cloud, Informatica Power Exchange, Informatica Power Connect and Master Data Management (MDM), Data Quality Tool (IDQ), Informatica Data Services(IDS) 9.6.1
Databases: Oracle12C/11g/10g/9i/8i/8.0 Teradata14.1, DB2 UDB 8.1, MS SQL Server 2008/2005, Natuzzi and DB Artisan (Sybase) ASE
Operating Systems: UNIX (Sun-Solaris, HP-UX), Linux, Windows NT/XP/Vista
Programming: SQL, SQL-Plus, PL/SQL, Java,TSQL, Perl Scripting, UNIX Shell Scripting
Data Modelling: Dimensional Data Modelling, Star Schema Modelling, Snow Flake Modelling, FACT, Dimensions, Relational Modelling, Physical, Logical Data Modelling, and ER Diagrams.
Tools: Erwin, Tivoli Job Scheduler.
Other Tools: SQL Navigator, SQL for DB2, Quest Toad for Oracle, Toad for Data Analyst, SQL Developer, Autosys, Control M, MS Excel, MS Access, SSIS.
Software Development Methodology: Agile, Waterfall.
Domain Expertise: Finance/Banking, HealthCare/Insurance
Confidential, Fulton, MD
Sr. ETL Informatica/IDQ Developer
- Good proficiency in Informatica Data Quality and Informatica power center.
- Extensively used ETL to load data using Power Center from source systems like Flat Files into staging tables and load the data into the target database Oracle. Analyzed the existing systems and made a Feasibility Study.
- Involved in full software development lifecycle from the throughout the development and support finance industry using Informatica Power Center, Repository Manager, Designer, Workflow Manager, and Workflow Monitor.
- Experience in ETL processes utilizing Informatica Power center tools to design data conversions from a variety of relational, XML and flat file source systems to data warehouse/data marts.
- Design reference data and data quality rules using IDQ and involved in cleaning the data using IDQ in Informatica Data Quality environment.
- Created mappings in Informatica Data Quality (IDQ) using Parser, Standardizer and Address Validator Transformations.
- Extensively worked on Data migration, Data cleansing and Data Staging of operational sources using ETL processes and providing data mining features for data warehouses.
- Experience in Data mining, finding correlations or patterns among fields in Data base.
- Used PL/SQL to create Packages, Functions, and Procedure.
- Used PL/SQL and SQL*Loader to create ETL packages for flat file loading and error capturing into log tables.
- Writing Complex SQL Queries and PL/SQL Procedures to Extract Data from various source Tables of Data Warehouse
- Responsible for troubleshooting and resolving issues related to system performance, Informatica applications, and data integrity.
- Developed several IDQ complex mappings in Informatica a variety of Power Center, transformations, Mapping Parameters, Mapping Variables, Mapp lets & Parameter files in Mapping Designer using Informatica Power Center.
- Used Informatica Power Exchange for loading/retrieving data from mainframe system
- Experienced in creating IDQ mappings using Labeler, Standardizer, Address Validator transformations with Informatica Developer and migrated to Informatica Power Center.
- Profiled the data using and performed Proof of Concept forInformatica Data Quality(IDQ).
- Design, document and configure the Informatica MDM Hub to support loading, cleansing of data.
- Worked on data cleansing and standardization using the cleanse functions in Informatica MDM & Worked on maintaining the master data using Informatica MDM
- Imported the mappings developed in data quality (IDQ) to Informatica designer.
- Worked on the connection to SSIS to Autosys scheduling tool to schedule the packages and run the packages.
- Developed and modified jil files for Informatica workflows and SSIS packages and scheduled in Autosys scheduling tool.
- Worked on Informatica Analyst Tool IDQ, to get score cards report for data issues.
- Wrote UNIX Shell Scripts for Informatica Pre-Session, Post-Session and Autosys scripts for scheduling the jobs (work flows).
- Used Autosys for Scheduling the Informatica Workflows & have done testing using Autosys scheduling tool.
- Provided Knowledge Transfer to the end users and created extensive documentation on the design, development, implementation, daily loads, and process flow of the mappings.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 10.1/9.6.1, Data Quality, UNIX, SQL, MDM, Autosys, Oracle 11g/10g, PL/SQL, SSIS, Informatica Power Exchange.
Confidential, Milwaukee, WI
Sr. Informatica Developer
- Developing the ETL components as well as Oracle procedures, functions & triggers.
- Defined Trust and validation rules for the base tables & created PL/SQL procedures to load data from Source Tables to Staging Tables
- Created Oracle PL/SQL Cursors, Triggers, Functions and Packages
- Involved in implementing business logic with Oracle-stored procedures, functions and triggers using PL/SQL.
- Used IDQ transformation like labels, standardizing, proofing, parser, address doctor, Match, Exception transformations for standardizing, profiling and scoring the data.
- Worked on data cleansing and standardization using the cleanse functions in Informatica MDM.
- Performed land process to load data into landing tables of MDM Hub using external batch processing for initial data load in hub store.
- Data governance application for Informatica MDM Hub that enables business users to effectively create, manage, consume, and monitor master data using IDD (Informatica Data Director).
- Worked on IDQ parsing, IDQ Standardization, matching, IDQ web services.
- Scheduled the batch jobs in Autosys to automate the process.
- Designed and Developed SSIS Packages using various Control Flow and Data Flow items to Transform and load the Data from various Databases using SSIS.
- Designing and development of Informatica cloud jobs that connects to salesforce application to fetch data.
- Incident Management and Problem management for ONCALL support.
- Worked on Teradata Utilities like Fast-Load, Multi-Load & Fast-Export.
- Involved in writing Autosys jobs, JIL file for Box as well as Command jobs.
- Created run books for job information which is scheduled on Autosys.
Environment: Informatica Power Center, MDM, UNIX, Oracle, Shell, IDQ,Hadoop, PL/SQL, Erwin Tidal, Autosys, Oracle 11g/10g, Java, ExtraData,Teradata.