- IT professional with over 8 years of experience in the Development and Implementation of Data warehousing with Informatica Power Center, OLTP and OLAP using Data Extraction, Data Transformation, Data Loading and Data Analysis.
- Exposure with Installation and Configuration of Informatica tools.
- Experience in all phases of the Data warehouse life cycle involving Analysis, Design, Development and Testing of Data warehouses using ETL.
- Strong Data warehousing experience using Informatica Power Center 9X/8x/7x.
- Extensively used Informatica tools such as Informatica Server and Client tools like Designer, Workflow manager, Workflow Monitor, Repository Manager.
- Experience in implementing the complex business rules by creating transformations, re - usable transformations (Expression, Aggregator, Filter, Connected and Unconnected Lookup, Router, Rank, Joiner, Update Strategy), and developing complex Mapplets and Mappings, and SQL Stored Procedure, and Triggers.
- Extensive knowledge in architecture design of Extract, Transform, Load environment using Informatica Power Center.
- Developed Slowly Changing Dimension Mappings of type I, II and type III (version, flag and time stamp).
- Used Incremental Aggregation to update the values in Summary tables.
- Developed mapping using Parameters and Variables. Extensively used parameter file to pass mapping and session variables.
- Experience in Performance Tuning of sources, targets, mappings, transformations and sessions, by implementing various techniques like partitioning techniques and pushdown optimization, and also identifying performance bottlenecks.
- Extensive experience in implementing CDC using Informatica Power Exchange 8.x/7.x.
- Expertise in doing Unit Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing and Data Validation for Developed Informatica Mappings.
- Experience in using the Informatica command line utilities like pmcmd to control workflows in non-windows environments.
- Well Experienced in doing Error Handling and Troubleshooting using various log files.
- Experience using Repository Manager to create Repository, User groups, Users and managed users by setting up their privileges and profiles.
- Worked on B2B tool for extracting data from any file, document, or message regardless of format, complexity, or size transforming it into a usable form.
- Having command on troubleshooting with the help of error logs generated by Informatica server.
- Extracted data from various sources like Oracle, Flat file, SQL SERVER, XML files, loaded into Oracle database.
- Strong Knowledge in Relational Database Concepts, Entity Relation Diagrams, Normalization and De normalization Concepts.
- Experience with UNIX shell scripting for File validation and SQL programming.
- Practical understanding of Star and Snowflake Schema Methodology using Data Modeling tool Erwin 4.0/4.2.
- Hands on experience in writing, testing and implementing Triggers, Stored, Procedures, Functions, Packages at database level and form level using SQL.
- Highly adaptive to a team environment and proven ability to work in a fast paced teaming environment with excellent communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills with experience working in fast paced, challenging and dynamic environment. Highly motivated with passion for learning.
Operating Systems: Windows 2000/XP, UNIX.
ETL Tools: Informatica Power Center V9X/V8x/V7x, Informatica power Exchange V8x, Informatica Power Connect, B2B.
Data Modeling Tool: Erwin 4.0/4.2
Databases: Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g, SQL, SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 , Teradata, DB2
Languages: C, C++, SQL, Html
BI Tools: Crystal reports, Business objects XI 3.1
Database utilities: Toad, SQL Loader, PL SQL developer, Oracle SQL Developer
- Interacted with the Business users to identify the process metrics and various key dimensions and measures. Involved in the complete life cycle of the project.
- Developed FRD (Functional requirement Document) and data architecture document and communicated with the concerned stakeholders. Conducted Impact and feasibility analysis.
- Worked on dimensional modeling to design and develop STAR schemas by identifying the facts and dimensions. Designed logical models as per business requirements using Erwin.
- Worked with Power Center Designer tools in developing mappings and Mapplets to extract and load the data from flat files, XML files and Oracle (source) and loaded into Oracle (target).
- Prepared software requirement specifications through interaction with business analysts and designed Star schema, logical and physical database designs.
- Created reusable Mapplets transformations to load data from operational data source to Data Warehouse and involved in Capacity Planning and Storage of data.
- Created different transformations like Source Qualifier, Joiner transformation, Update Strategy, Lookup transformation, Rank Transformations, Expressions, Aggregator, Sequence Generator for loading the data into targets.
- Developed complex mappings such as Slowly Changing Dimensions Type 2, Type 3, Type 1 - Time Stamping in the Mapping Designer.
- Used Informatica Workflow Manager to create Workflows, database connections, sessions, and batches to run the mappings.
- Monitored the workflow performance and the status with Workflow Monitor.
- Developed various command tasks to automate the Pre session jobs. Did performance tuning to improve the load. Wrote complex SQL Queries involving multiple tables with joins.
- Involved in writing of Triggers, Functions, and Packages.
- Converted SQL/Procedures and SQL Loader scripts to Informatica mappings.
- Used the Target Load Ordering with Stored Procedures to update database.
- Used Variables and Parameters in the mappings to pass the values between sessions.
- Worked with Informatica Debugger to debug the mappings in Designer.
- Scheduled Informatica jobs using Informatica Scheduler.
- Determined various bottle necks and successfully eliminated them to great extent.
- Designed and developed B2B transformations for EDI and other formats using Informatica B2B Data Transformer.
- Employed B2B tool to extract data from any from complex files, documents (e.g. XML based formats, MS Office files, PDF’s) using B2B transformation and transformed it into a usable form.
- Performed Unit Testing and Involved in tuning the Session and Workflows for better Performance.
- Implemented Optimization/performance tuning techniques to identify bottlenecks- Query tuning (Explain Plan, SQL Trace), table partitioning, memory tuning and cache management.
- Debugged and sorted out the errors and problems encountered in the production environment.
- Generated Adhoc reports using Business objects.
- Developed Desktop Intelligence and Web Intelligence reports Using Business objects.
- Created graphical representation of reports such as Bar charts, Pie charts as per requirements.
- Created & tested reports using Business Objects functionality like Queries, Sections, Break points, variables, Formulae etc.
- Documented the entire process. The documents included the mapping document, unit testing document and system testing document among others.
Environment: Informatica 9.5.1/ 9.1, Oracle 11g/10g, MS SQL Server 2012, flat files, Windows XP, Business objects xi, Power Exchange 8.6.1, B2B tool, UNIX.
- Worked with business analysts for requirement gathering, business analysis, and testing and project- coordination.
- Responsible for development, support and maintenance of the ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) processes using Informatica Power Center.
- Developed an ETL Informatica mapping in order to load data into staging area. Extracted from flat files and databases and loaded into Oracle 10g target database.
- Designed Mapping document, which is a guideline to ETL Coding.
- Created mappings using the transformations like Source Qualifier, Aggregator, Expression, Look Up, Router, Filter, Update Strategy, Joiner, Sequence Generators and Stored Procedure
- Worked with various Informatica Power Center tools - Source Analyzer, Target designer, Mapping Designer & Mapplet, Transformations.
- Used Slowly Changing Dimension Mappings of type II and I.
- Created reusable transformations and Mapplets and used them in complex mappings.
- Wrote Stored Programs (Procedures & Functions) to do Data Transformations and integrated them with Informatica programs and the existing application.
- Used Workflow Manager for Creating, Validating, Testing and Running the sequential and concurrent Batches and Sessions, scheduled them to run at a specified time.
- Used mapping Parameters and Variables.
- Worked on Parameterize of all variables, connections at all levels in Window NT.
- Created Sessions, Worklets and Workflows for carrying out test loads.
- Analyzed Session log files to resolve errors in mapping and managed session configuration.
- Created, configured, scheduled and monitored the sessions and workflows on the basis of run on demand, run on time using Informatica Power Center Workflow Manager.
- Involved in migrating the ETL application from development environment to testing environment.
- Extensively usedSQLandPL/SQLto write Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages and Triggers.
- Used PLSQL developer, TOAD to run SQL queries and validate the data.
- Worked on Teradata SQL Assistant to analyze the existing data and implemented new business rules to handle various source data anomalies.
- Extensively used Teradata utilities like Fast load, Multiload to load data into target database.
- Documented and presented the production/support documents for the components developed, when handing-over the application to the production support team.
- Prepared ETL standards, Naming conventions and wrote ETL flow documentation for Stage and ODS.
- Developed advanced reports using Report Studio - Using Tabular Objects, Sub reports, Cascading/customizing prompts and cross tabs, list, charts, Drill- through reports.
- Customized data by adding Calculations, Summaries and Functions.
- Experienced in writing complex reporting using sql performance tuning and providing operational support for OLTP and OLAP applications.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.1, Teradata V2R6, Oracle11g/10g, SQL Server 2008, TOAD, Business Objects XI, Linux, Windows XP.
Confidential, CLEVELAND, OH
- Involved in the Design, Analysis and Development of data warehouse using Informatica Power Center tools. The project involved in creating data warehouse/data mart which is further used for reporting purpose.
- Coordinated with Business system analyst (BSA) to understand and gather the requirements. Documented user requirements, translated requirements into system solutions and developed implementation plan and schedule.
- Analyzed Mapping, Session, Source, Target and System Bottlenecks to improve and tuned Performance of various ETL jobs.
- Designed and developed complexInformaticamappings including Type-II slowly changing dimensions.
- Worked extensively on different types of transformations like Source Qualifier, Aggregator, Joiner, Lookup, and Sequence Generator, Stored Procedure, Expression, Normalizer, Filter and Rank transformations.
- Categorized different alerts and exception types to be built from User’s Data Validation list and built mappings to generate exceptions and alerts accordingly.
- Coordinated with OBIEE Team regarding the reporting data for Answers and BI Publisher reports and also for the Dashboard Designs.
- Created UNIX scripts for file transfers, to remove unwanted characters from source files, and update the time dimension table that was maintained for reporting purposes.
- Involved in maintaining the data model, creating the tables and granting the privileges for read and write operations
- Widely used Shared folders, project folders (Non-Shared folders) and short cuts to maintain integrity between Development, Test, Data validation and Performance.
- Frequently used import and export utility to migrate session from developer’s folder to subject folder.
- Extensively used parameter file to pass Mapping and Session Variables.
- Involved in many technical decisions and prepared technical design document along with vision diagrams for ETL.
- Worked as an individual to develop most of the process as well as worked in a team with other team members.
- Performed Unit Testing for all developed ETL mappings.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.6, SQL*Plus, Toad 8.0, Toad, Oracle 9i, OBIEE 10.1.x, UNIX Shell scripting, PL/SQL, CA-7 Scheduling.
Informatica ETL Developer
- Analyzed the business requirements and framed the Business Logic for the ETL Process.
- Extensively used ETL to Load Data from fixed width as well as Delimited Flat files.
- Worked extensively on different types of transformations like Normalizer, Expression, Union, Filter, Aggregator, Update Strategy, Lookup, Stored Procedure, Sequence Generator and Joiner.
- Designed and Developed complex mappings, Reusable Transformations for ETL using Informatica Power Center.
- Loaded the data from .CSV file to Oracle and Teradata.
- Designed Mappings between sources to operational staging targets, using Star Schema, Implemented logic for Slowly Changing Dimensions.
- Developed and tested all the Informatica mappings involving complex Router, lookups and update strategies.
- Extensively wrote user SQL coding for overriding for generated SQL query in Informatica
- Created workflows and worklets for Designed Mappings.
- Implemented variables and parameters in the mappings.
- Scheduled the loads at required frequency by Setting up batches and sessions using Power center workflow manager, PMCMD and also using scheduling tools.
- Generated completion messages and status reports using workflow manager.
- Worked with Workflow Manager to import/export metadata, jobs, and routines from repository, and also created data elements
- Worked on Dimension as well as Fact tables, developed mappings and loaded data on to the relational database.
- Extensively worked in Performance Tuning of programs, ETL procedures and processes. Also used debugger to Troubleshoot Logical Errors.
- Wrote ETL specifications and unit test plans for the mappings.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.1, Oracle 9i,Teradata, SQL, PL/SQL, MS SQL Server 2005, TOAD, Erwin 4.1, UNIX Shell Script, Windows 2003
Informatica ETL Developer
- Involved in the team during the entire ETL process and development of data marts using Informatica Power Center.
- Developed Transformation logic and created various Complex Mappings and Mapplets using the designer.
- Created set of Reusable Transformations and Mapplets.
- Implemented Type III Slowly Changing Dimensions.
- Debugged a valid mapping to gain Troubleshooting information about Data and Error Conditions.
- Employed Informatica Power Center Workflow Manager for session management, database connection management and scheduling of jobs to be run in the batch process.
- Worked with Variables and Parameters in the mappings to pass the values between sessions.
- Worked on Partitioning of the Sessions and Performance Tuning of Informatica.
- Created Multiple Sessions and executed workflows using Workflow designer and viewed the results using workflow monitor.
- Involved in Unit Testing for the validity of the data from different data sources
- Fine tuned transformation and mappings for better performance.
- Worked with PMCMD command line program to talk with the Informatica server.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 7.9.3, Windows 2000, Oracle 8i, SQL Server 2005/2000,Flat files and Toad, Cognos 7.0