Bi/etl Developer Resume
- Over 7 + years of IT experience in the Analysis, design, development, testing and Implementation of ETL & Business Intelligence solutions using Data Warehouse/Data Mart Design, ETL, SQL SERVER, MSBI and Power BI.
- Excellent noledge of entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile, Scrum, UML, Waterfall and Project Management Methodologies.
- Expertise in dealing wif RDBMS including E/R Diagrams, Normalization and Denormalization, Constraints, Data Import and Export etc.
- Good understanding and experience in SQL 2019 new features like Change Data Capture CDC, Transparent Data Encryption TDE and Policy based Management.
- Experience in installation, upgrade and configuration of Microsoft SQL Server and Databases.
- Experience in developing the applications using T - SQL Programming (DDL, DML, and DCL).
- Expert in writing T-SQL queries, complex Stored Procedures, Views, Indexes, Cursors, User Defined Functions (UDF),
- User Profiles, designing and implementing Database triggers, DDL/DML Triggers, and Relational Database Models and Data Integrity to implement Business Logic and Data Protection.
- Proficient in developing Entity-Relationship diagrams, Star/Snowflake Schema Designs, and Expert in modeling Transactional Databases and Data Warehouse.
- Experience indesigning, developing, and deployingBusiness Intelligence solutions usingSSIS,SSRS, SSAS & Power BI.
- Involved in migration of legacy data by creating various SSIS packages.
- Excellent in High Level Design of ETL, SSIS Packages for integrating data using OLE DB connection from Heterogeneous & Homogeneous sources (Excel, CSV, Oracle, SQL Server, flat files, Text Format Data, XML) by using multiple transformations provided by SSIS such as Data Conversion, Execute SQL Task, Data Flow Task, and union all.
- Expert in Data Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) using various tools such as SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), DTS, Bulk Insert and BCP.
- Experience in providing Logging, Error Handling by using Event Handler, and Custom Logging for SSIS Packages.
- Proficient in Database performance optimization, Debugging and Tuning using the Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler and SQL Server Debugger.
- Designed and developed Power BI graphical and visualization solutions wif business requirement documents and plans for creating interactive dashboards.
- Extensive experience in various Tableau Desktop objects like Measures, Dimensions, Folder, Hierarchies, Extract, Filters, Table Calculation, Calculated fields, LOD, Sets, Groups, Parameters, Forecasting, Blending and Trend lines.
- Created stored procedure for generating reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Implemented parameterized, cascading parameterized, drill-down, drill-through and sub-reports using SSRS.
- Implement CI/CD based application development methodology using tools like Jenkins/TFS/PowerShell etc.
- Troubleshoot and identify performance, connectivity and other issues for the applications hosted in Azure platform.
- Experience wif centralized version control system such as Subversion (SVN) and distributed version control system such as Git.
Reporting Tools: SQL Server Reporting Services SSRS, Power BI, Tableau, Crystal Reports 8.0/9.0, SharePoint 2007.
BI Platform: Business Intelligence development Studio (BIDS), SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Power BI, Tableau.
Databases & database Tools: MS SQL Server 2019/2016/2014/2012/2008 R2/2008/2005, MS Access, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), Azure Data Studio, SQL Profiler Query Analyzer, MS Visual Studio.
RDBMS: MS SQL Server 2012/2014/2016/2017/2019 SQL Server Management Studio SSMS, SSAS.
Cloud Technologies: Azure SQL, Azure data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Azure DevOps, SQL Data Warehouse.
ETL Tools: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Azure Data Factory (ADF), Data Bricks, Data Transformation Services (DTS), BCP.
Data Visualization: Power BI, Tableau, SSRS, KPI’S, Excel, Crystal Reports.
Programming Languages: SQL, HTML, XML, Java, C, C, DS, Visual Studio 2005, DAX, MDX Software MS Office 2010/2007
Miscellaneous: Agile, Azure DevOps, CI/CD, JIRA, MS Office, GIT, GITHUB, Visio, PowerPoint, SharePoint, TFS.
Operating Systems: Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2000 Advanced Server, Windows 2003 Server, Windows XP, Windows Vista 7.
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
- Responsible for integrating data into a centralized database wif dynamic design and user-friendly web application, to keep track of Direct Bill Payments and Commissions from various Clients across the nation.
- Involved in multi-tier Java and J2EE based applications support, responsible for writing business logic using core Java, SQL queries for the backend RDBMS.
- Created and maintained databases, tables, stored procedures, indexes, database check constraints, and business rules using T-SQL.
- Extensive use of Stored Procedures by creating new stored procedures and modifying existing ones.
- Developed transact-SQL commands including complex queries, views, functions, stored procedures, cursors, and triggers on SQL server 2019/2016/2014.
- Created packages wif Ragged Right data mapping.
- Designed and created views for security purposes, implemented rules, defaults, user defined data types, documented the table relationships wif diagrams.
- Involved in designing and developing Data Warehouses, Data marts and Business Intelligence using multi-dimensional models such as Star Schemas and Snowflake Schema for generating reports using SSRS.
- Involved in migration of large amount of data from OLTP to OLAP by using ETL Packages.
- Designed packages in SSIS 2019 wif various complex transformations such as derived column, conditional split, lookup, aggregation, execute SQL task.
- Designed and wrote the entire ETL/ELT (SSIS/ADF/T-SQL) process to support Data Warehouse wif complex dependencies in hybrid Business Intelligence environment (Azure & SQL Server).
- Created user variables, property expressions, script task in SSIS.
- Implementing various SSIS packages having different tasks and transformations and scheduled SSIS packages.
- Built Synchronous and Asynchronous scripting component for different modes of output.
- Work wif Microsoft Power BI Suite (Power BI Desktop, Power BI service, Power BI Report Server).
- Utilize Power BI gateway to keep dashboards and reports up to-date wif on premise data sources.
- Created Calculated Columns and Measures in Power BI and Excel depending on the requirement using DAX queries.
- Designed, developed and tested various Power BI and Tableau visualizations for dashboard and ad-hoc reporting solutions by connecting from different data sources and databases.
- Developed, published customized interactive reports and dashboards, scheduled data refreshes on reports using Tableau Desktop and Serve.
- Mastered the ability to design and deploy rich Graphic visualizations wif Drill Down and Drop-down menu option and Parameters using Tableau.
- Scheduled the deployment of cubes and was involved in extending them by creating new measure groups and creating KPIs.
- Administered interface to organize reports and data sources, schedule report execution and delivery, and track reporting history
- Ability to convert Crystal Reports and Web Reports to Cognos Reports.
- Designed, Developed and Deployed custom reports in MS SQL Server environment using SQL Server Reporting Services-2019.
- Experienced in administrating the created reports and assigning permission to the valid users for executing the reports.
- Designed different type of reports including Tabular forms, Matrix cross Tab report form, Conditional, List items, Charts and Sub reports.
- Collaborate wif application architects and DevOps, Identify, and implement best practices, tools, and standards.
- Installed and configuredGITto implement branching strategy which is suitable foragiledevelopment also provided continuous support and maintenance of software builds.
- Configure JIRA workflows according to the needs to the CM team and integrated the project.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2019 R2, T-SQL, Cognos, Data Stage. GitHub, TFS, MS SQL Integration Services 2019, MS SQL reporting Services2019, Microsoft Visual Studio 2019, SharePoint Designer, SQL Server Management Studio, Azure.
SQL BI/ETL Developer
- Involved in gathering, understanding, and validating the project specifications.
- Installation of MS SQL enterprise servers on test and development boxes.
- Designed and Created databases, tables, views, stored procedures, and triggers.
- Created groups, roles, users and assigning access privileges to users.
- Optimized the performance of queries by removing unnecessary columns, eliminated redundant and inconsistent data and normalized tables.
- Established Joins and created Clustered/Non-clustered Indexes wherever necessary.
- Administered interface to organize reports and data sources, schedule report execution and delivery, and track reporting history
- Database and Log Backups Restoration, Backup Strategies, Scheduling Backups. Backing up master system databases and restoring them when necessary.
- OLAP model based on Dimension and FACTS for efficient loads of data based on Star Schema structure on levels of reports.
- Migrated data from SAS environment to SQL Server 2019 wif SQL Server Integrated Services SSIS.
- Created ETL process using SSIS to transfer data from heterogeneous data sources.
- Created logging for ETL load at package level and task level to log number of records processed by each package and each task in a package using SSIS.
- Deployed SSIS packages in the cloud by utilizing the Integration Runtimes feature for Azure Data Factory (Lift & Shift).
- Identified risks/issues wif the solution design and contributed to solution architecture of BI/DW development work.
- Migrated DTS objects to SQL Server Integrated Services SSIS environment.
- Responsible for Deploying, Scheduling Jobs, Alerting and Maintaining SSIS packages.
- Monitored and scheduled existing/new jobs on production environment.
- Created Power BI Visualizations and Dashboards as per the requirements.
- Created effective reports using visualizations such as Bar chart, Clustered Column Chart, Waterfall Chart, Gauge, Pie Chart, Tree map etc. in Power BI.
- Responsible for creating SQL data sets for Tableau recurring and Ad-hoc Reports.
- Created ad-hoc reports to users in Tableau Desktop by connecting various data sources, multiple views and associated reports.
- ConvertedExcel Reports to Tableau Dashboardwif High Visualization and Good Flexibility.
- Created Parameterized, Cascaded, Drill-down, Crosstab and Drill-through Reports using SSRS 2019.
- Involved in migration and Conversion of Reports from SSRS .
- Played a Content Manager role on report server.
- Worked on performance tuning on existing stored procedures and existing reports for the faster processing of reports.
- Created usage-based aggregations in cube to minimize time for query retrieval from client tool Target.
- Performed unit and system testing, troubleshooting and bug fixing in development and QA environments.
- Experience managing Azure Data Lakes (ADLS) and Data Lake Analytics and an understanding of how to integrate wif other Azure Services.
- Spearheaded the creation of a new CI/CD pipeline from scratch in Azure DevOps.
- Experience working wif GitHub and JIRA for version management and bug tracking or a Similar system.
- Followed agile methodology and coordinated daily scrum meetings.
- Setup and maintained Git repositories along wif the creation of branches and tags
Environment: MS SQL Server 2019/2016, DTS, T-SQL, XML, Cognos, Flat File, Data Stage, SQL Server SSIS, SSRS, Visio, IIS, Azure, GIT, TFS.
SSIS/SSRS/SQL Server/ETL Developer
Confidential, Ft Washington, PA
- Work closely wif management and end-users to create and evaluate business requirements.
- Database Administrator, Database Programming.
- Created complex Stored Procedures, Functions, Indexes, Tables, Views and other T-SQL code and SQL joins for applications.
- Managed security and user access to Analysis Services cubes using creation of Groups and Roles by creating windows AD and Perspectives wifin the OLAP cube.
- Responsible for the Extraction, Transformation and Loading of data from Multiple Sources to Data Warehouse using SSIS.
- Used different Control Flow Tasks and Data flow Tasks for creating SSIS Packages. Designed packages using different types of Transformations for Data Conversion, Derived Columns wif Multiple Data Flow tasks.
- Monitoring nightly ETL process from various highly different source systems. Sources included SQL based databases and Excel Files.
- Also ensured dat nightly backup jobs or cube processing or other ETL jobs didn't interfere wif each other. Managed SQL 2005 and 2008 R2 databases and nightly SSIS Processes.
- Experience in Error handling and debugging coding issues and troubleshoot production problems.
- Monitoring the scheduled SSRS and Crystal reports. Re-running the reports in case of any failures or data mismatches.
- Developed optimal stored procedures and queries to create data sets for reports.
- Designed and implemented stylish report layouts.
- Experience in writing custom code expressions in SSRS.
- Involved in Creating Complex ad-hoc Reports, Sub Reports, Linked Reports, Charts, Drill through and Drill down Reports.
- Involved in Monitoring and troubleshooting complex packages by using Data Viewers Grids.
- Involved in Creating User Security and Roles in Reporting Services at both Parent Level and Report Level
- Used the DataStage Director and its run-time engine to schedule running the solution, testing, and debugging its components, and monitoring the resulting executable versions.
- Created Report Models for Business Users to create their own reports.
- Generated Reports using Global Variables, Expressions and Functions for the reports.
- Responsible for scheduling the subscription reports wif the subscription report wizard.
- Involved in deploying the changes to QA, Staging and Prod environments.
- Installed and configuredGITand communicating wif the repositories inGITHUB.
- Involved in Product Releases and support calls.
Environment: SQL Server 2016/2018, Data Stage, T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, Crystal Reports, Share Point 2010, BIDS
SQL BI Developer
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Created and managing schema objects such as Tables, Views, Indexes and referential integrity depending on user requirements and technical specifications.
- Tested backup and recovery strategies in a test environment before and after moved to production environment.
- Experience writing T-SQL scripts, dynamic SQL, complex stored procedures, functions, and triggers.
- Implemented Complex business logic wif User-Defined-Functions, Views and also created User Defined Data type, Clustered & Non-clustered Indexes.
- Written different T-SQL scripts for automated execution of the tasks.
- Created SSIS packages to load data into Data Warehouse using Various SSIS Tasks like Execute SQL Task, bulk insert task, data flow task, file system task, send mail task, active script task, xml task.
- Extensively used SSIS to move data from heterogeneous data sources Oracle and SQL Server 2008 to SQL Server 2012.
- Created jobs, alerts to run SSIS packages periodically. Created the automated processes for the activities such as database backup and SSIS Packages to run sequentially using SQL Server Agent job.
- Created SQL Server Profiler traces & used wif Database Tuning Advisor (DTA) for optimum performance of queries.
- Converted DTS packages in SQL Server 2008 to SQL Server 2012 using Integration Services (SSIS).
- Designing of deployment scheme for migrating SSIS package from Development to Test to UAT and Production by using the configuration files.
- Managed the Clustered environment databases and was fixing the errors when they arose.
- Created stored procedures for maintaining SQL Server, Written Stored Procedures for Web-App Developers.
- Created Technical Report Requirement document for the Standard Reports.
- Implemented Column, Bar, Line, Pie, Doughnut charts usingC#Chart control.
- Designed and developed matrix and tabular reports wif drill down, drill through and drop-down menu option using SSRS.
- Created Ad-Hoc Reports, Summary Reports, Sub Reports, and Drill-down Reports using SSRS.
- Created multi-dimensional cubes wif different dimensions and measures in it using SSAS.
- Diagnosing and tuning the server optimal performance using SQL Server 2012 SQL Profiler and Database Engine Tuning Wizards.
Environment: MS SQL-Server 2016//2014, MS Visual Studio 2012/2008, Erwin, SQL Server Management Studio, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, C#, Windows 2008 R2 Server, MS Access, T-SQL, MDX, DTS
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes