Solution/Data Architect/Engineer/DBA/Developer specializing in DB2 zOS Performance/Scalability Tuning/Architecture/Engineering and DB2/zOS System/Application Modernization SOA/DB2/MQ Server/Services to Client/Web-based front-end presentation layer. Expert knowledge of DB2, CICS, WebSphere/MQ, COBOL, PL1, REXX, zOS, and JCL. He has architected/data modeled enterprise systems to support both minor enhancements and full implementations. Has analyzed and designed workloads for testing and tuning. Is proficient in troubleshooting, profiling, monitoring, and tuning performance problems. Has extensive experience/expertise in COBOL/PL1 programming and productivity techniques -- building solutions through structured process and programming logic. Highly skilled in accessing DB2, indexes, data types, writing SQL inner and outer joins, and updating data on DB2. He has strong knowledge in debugging and performance tuning using Omegamon. Has prior experience as a client-facing IT Architect/Consultant with IBM Global Business Services in the Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse/CRM practice 2000-07 . Current IBM Business Partner.
- Provide technical consulting, contract programming, database design/implementation, application design/development, DB2/CICS/zOS performance tuning and troubleshooting services for the following large and small Mid-Atlantic and Southeast businesses:
- Data Architecture/Modeling of a DB2 database to support high-volume, high-performance Track-Side Detector Analytics for critical Maintenance of Rail Car equipment integration of hundreds of new and existing Detectors installed on trackage throughout the Western U.S. Extensive use of CA ERwin data modeling tool and integration of Data Dictionary.
- Data Architect Support for DB2 legacy ODS Teradata EDW DB development teams Reviewed DB maintenance requirements from multiple project teams resulting from Federal Healthcare Mandates Obama-care assured quality of adherence to Enterprise database design, normalization, structure, and naming standards generated DDL to implement these changes to the physical databases Extensive use of PowerDesigner data modeling tool.
DB2 DBA/Data Architect
- Provided zOS DB2 DBA Technical Support and Data Architecture/Modeling, ETL for conversion, integration of legacy mainframe Healthcare Source systems to implement IBM/INITIATE MDM.
- Provided zOS DB2/CICS/COBOL/MQ Software Engineering, Analyst/Developer, Technical Support for conversion/integration of legacy/mainframe Customer Information systems to back-end zOS/DB2 SOA Server/Services and Web-based front-end presentation services.
- Provided zOS DB2 data architect/modeling services ERwin in support of banking/financial systems enhancements including Basel II capital risk mgmt implementation, mortgage banking, credit cards.
- Performed DB2 physical design/architectural review for newly established Enterprise architecture group, with performance recommendations for the application DBA/development team.
- Provided physical design re-engineering, ERwin data modeling, Access path tuning, SQL development, coaching/mentoring, promoting credibility of new EA group, recommending standards/best practices.
DB2 Performance/Scalability Engineer
- Performed DB2 performance/scalability assessment for US Postal Service postal tracking system and related data mart and EDW. USPS ran out of funding before we could implement
- Recommended performance/scalability remediation, re-engineering, and modernization of application to an SOA, event-driven, rule-based, distributed system. ERwin data modeling.
- Tuned DB2 resources to provide increased scalability for COBOL/CICS/WebSphere/MQ systems..
DB2/CICS/MQ Lead Developer
- Performed COBOL, PL1 program development/maintenance, DB2 performance tuning, and production support for migrating EDI/XML mainframe applications to distributed Global Event Management System GEMS land/sea container shipment tracking, status, customer support for major global shipping company, on Unix/Java/Web front-end presentation layer.
- Sole COBOL/PL1/DB2/IMS/CICS/WebSphere/MQ mainframe support resource, developing, maintaining, supporting mainframe SOA DB2 server/services, WebSphere/MQ message services.
- Served as DB2 development team lead, coordinating task assignments with project management.
- Automated administrative project reporting, tasking, status workflows with monitoring/coordinating.
- Prepared DB2 configuration artifacts for off-shore implementation.
- Performed IMS/DB2 database administration, backup, performance tuning, COBOL legacy life support . own company continuation below 1983-2000
- Provided Enterprise data architect services to IBM clients in BI/DW/CRM practice, for data warehouse logical/physical design, provisioning, deployment, data modeling, data mining, and business intelligence. Utilized multi-platform zOS/AIX/Linux with DB2, CICS, IMS, COBOL, WebSphere, MQ.