To secure a challenging lead DBA or Database Architect position with an organization seeking over 14 years of fast-paced data-center experience in database technologies, full life-cycle support and in-depth knowledge of technology of DBMS.
Senior DBA Consultant
- Perform initial system survey for clients' systems and generate reports. Reports cover the stats of systems and SQL SERVER from SQL SERVER 2000 up to SQL SERVER 2014 Check OS levels,
- Host meeting with key stakeholders to introduce the consultant process and the benefits to each party. Collect and summarize business requirements from each department
- Draftkick-out plans for executive level managers to review and approve.
- Draft baselines and discussing with managers of databases systems from various groups.
- Finalize and implement plan.
- Install, configure and administer DBMS on various DBMS including SQL SERVER, MySQL and MongoDB.
Senior Database Administrator
- Design and implement CMDB. Create Central Management to monitor 146 SQL Server instances and 120 Oracle instances, such as disk space, file growth, and OS patch level.
- Provide database engineering and administrative expertise in MS SQL 2000/2005/2008 technologies necessary for the installation, configuration and implementation on various hardware server and storage platforms.
- Maintain and administer the operational continuity of all required MS SQL 2000/2005/2008 and Oracle 7.3 to 11g environments with the emphasis on production database environments.
- Perform detailed problem analysis and resolution functions to maintain the availability of all enterprise database environments.
- Monitor reports and perform any requested backup and restoration of related MS SQL 2000/2005/2008 and Oracle environments as needed.
- Provide database tuning and performance functions as needed for both MS SQL 2000/2005/2008 and Oracle environments.
- Participate in client/project meetings for highly complex project definition, needs assessment and design review. Evaluate the needs and requirements of the users and provides technical expertise in the development of technical, structural and organizational specifications for both MS SQL 2000/2005/2008 and Oracle.
- Design, develop, and integrate highly complex database systems for internal and external users/clients, with an emphasis on large scale MS SQL 2000/2005/2008 clustered and replicated database environments.
- Secure all SQL Server instance across ARC:
- Consolidate SQL Server features on every instance. Remove
- Create policy for network connectivity.
- Create policy and guidelines on using SQL Server Service
- Write script to lock down system procedures and apply to SQL Server instances across ARC HQCreate policy for using administrator privileges
- Provide operational database engineering expertise in all phases of the project management life cycle.
- Remain abreast of and analyze new and emerging technologies and tools for applicability to field. Prepare recommendations and presentations to management.
- Migration of SQL Server 2000/2005 to SQL Server 2012, which included:
- designing migration planunneeded componentsaccountsServer instances.
- designing back out plan
- providing consultation to Wintel team on strategies to virtualize SQL Server services, including resource allocation, database server consolidation, SQL Server jobs consolidation, etc.
- designing a test/verification plan
- converting and rewriting DTS package to SSIS packages
- designing a deployment plan
- implementing common maintenance jobs across all SQL Server
- Migrate SQL SERVER cluster to AlwaysOn groups
- Re designing and implementing Log Shipping between central office and branch offices across the states
- Provide leadership and guidance to less experienced personnel
Senior Database Administrator
- 1. Choose target architecture including server vendor as well as storage vendor.
- 2. Provide database design guidance for VLDB data warehouse. By the end of this year the data warehouse database size increased to 2.5 tera-bytes.
- 3. Identify and develop opportunities for database consolidation and retirement.
- 4. Provide database design guidance for VLDB OLTP which required 99.9 up time. The core OLTP database was 740GB in size.
- 5. Lead database DR team in designing DR solution based on business requirements. Extensive use of DR technologies such as Log Shipping, Replication and Mirroring.
- 6. Develop and deliver long-term strategic goals for data architecture vision and standards in conjunction with data users, department managers, clients, and other key stakeholders.
- 7. Provide DBA services to both internal DEV team around 70 off site developers and internal business team. Hands-on experience with ITIL 3.0 process.
- 8. Create standards of building SQL Server for Test/DEV/Staging/Production environment.