- Over 7 years of demonstrated experience as ETL TESTER
- Highly proficient in handling huge volumes of data in various sectors of business such as banking, insurance, supply- chain management system and pharmaceutical industry
- Clear understanding of various stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)-Requirements analysis, design, development and documentation and QAL
- Hands on experience in testing oracle procedures, functions and triggers.
- Experienced in testing ETL mappings.
- Experience in using informatica, Bugzilla, Test Director and HP Quality Center for Bug Tracking and Defect Reporting.
- Experienced in Integration, Load Testing, UA Testing, Black Box , Functional, Regression, System Testing, and GUI testing .
- Expertise in testing Client –Server and Data Warehouse Applications
- Expertise in writing Test Scripts to validate to/from the application to the backend databases by writing and executing SQL queries in RDBMS such as Oracle, MS SQL Server, Toad using PL/SQL and using Unix shell script to automate ETL process
- Expertise in writing automated test scripts for data validation.
- Extensive experience in all phases of AGILE and Waterfall SDLC
- Expertise in MS office applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access
- Experience in gathering business requirements, building detailed test cases executing test scripts and defect tracking.
- Thorough in testing strategy and in preparing RTM (Requirement Traceability Matrix), test cases and test summary report.
- Self-motivated and result-oriented with ardent focus on delivering quality applications
- Excellent ability to document and report new processes, while striving for constant improvements
TECHNICAL SKILLS:Databases: Oracle, DB2, Sybase,Toad
Defect Tracking Tool: Quality Center(QC)/ALM, Microsoft Team Foundation Server(TFS)
Languages: C,C#, SQL, PL/SQL, XML
Scripting Languages: Shell, Java Script, and VB Script
Web Servers: IIS
Testing Tools: QTP/UFT, SoapUI Pro
Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/2000/XP/NT, UNIX, Linux
Tools: SQL Developer, MSTR, share point, citrix, JIRA, load runner
Confidential, Irving, Texas
Sr. ETL/BI Tester
Confidential, the industry leading supply contracting company, delivers savings to VHA, UHC and Provista members, by combining scale and expertise with data- driven tools and information.
- This position allowed me to work on multiple projects which gave more insight in the leading the team and prioritizing the testing time lines
- Participating in the data modeling sessions to understand the data model and providing them inputs based on the existing data to make sure designed model is technically feasible.
- Working with System Analysts to identify the proper sources for required data elements and to determine the accuracy of the data.
- Extracted the data from various sources like DB2, UDB, Flat files using Data Stage Parallel Extender and loaded into the ORACLE database.
- Designed and developed Batch Control process to run the Data Stage sequences in batches for restart ability and recoverability.
- Responsible for daily Scrum meetings to discuss updates showing the progress of the testing effort and open issues, and update the Sprint Backlog on daily base
- In SCRUM process, tested feature by feature, verified Table structures, Procedures, Packages, Data validation, Frontend testing.
- Designed and developed the parallel jobs for slowly changing dimensions (SCD Type1, Type 2 and Type 3) and fact tables loading.
- Performed Backend Testing to ensure the authentic storage/retrieval of the data to/from the database
- Experience in validating the data flows between applications through QTP/UFT test scripts.
- Used Quality Centre to track, review, analyze, assign and compare defects. Coordinating with Developers for Defect analysis.
- Active participation in Sprint Planning, Review and Retrospective Meeting
- Developed SQL queries to check the database automatically and checking the data integrity in accordance with business standards of the company.
- Active participation in daily standup meetings with Product Owner, Scrum Master along with other team members to report the daily status.
- Responsible to determine the type of testing required based on user stories and requirements.
Environment: Oracle 11g, DB2, ALM
Confidential, Savannah, GA
Sr. ETL Tester
Confidential designs, develops, manufactures, markets and services business- jet aircrafts.
- Analyzed and Performed Gap Analysis based on requirements documents.
- Consumed releases and performed application shakeouts.
- In-depth testing of Oracle stored procedures and tracking the bugs
- Identified root causes, analyzed and provided solutions to critical, medium and low issues in a reasonable timeframe.
- Performed package validation and file validation.
- Used SQL for Querying the Teradata/ Oracle database for data validation and data conditioning
- Creating Object Repository and Preparing the Functional Libraries which are reusable in the main scripts using QTP/UFT
- Tested Informatica folders, global sources, global targets, global ODBC connections, global FTP connections workflows, data profiling and manage metadata.
- Creating test cases from Release Notes, executing test cases, analyzing and interpreting results and reporting software defects in QC/ALM and triage open issues
- Supported scheduling of jobs during off-peak hours to have the data available in multiple test environments.
- Involved in Regression testing, Functional testing, Integration, system and UAT testing and Adhoc testing.
- Responsible for preparing RTM (Requirement Traceability Matrix).
Environment: QTP 11, ALM 11, HP LoadRunner 11.0, ORACLE
Confidential, Brentwood, TN
Sr. ETL Tester
Windsor health provides Medicare benefits to the people of united states.
- Involved in design, development and implementation on a multitude of manual and automation tests for functional, UAT and regression tests.
- Heavily involved in mapping the requirements to the test cases
- Analyzed the design requirements for preparing the test scenarios.
- Responsible for writing test cases based on requirements following GTK architecture
- Responsible for executing the test cases, upon successful completion, responsible to promote/migrate the application
- Worked in all phases of SDLC and Agile/Scrum software development methodologies’
- Work with the developer very closely to determine issues that require hot-fix.
- Participated in the External User Testing Process and developed methodologies using UFT
- Hands on experience in coding according to STAF(Software testing automation framework)
- Performed parameterization to ensure real time load conditions through Load Runner.
- Participated in the Oracle Upgrade processes testing for evaluating the effectiveness of the upgrade system testing performed for the purpose of finding problems before release. The test activities and procedures represent those deemed effective for determining that the test effort has been successful.
- Responsible for preparing Test Cases, Test Summary Reports, Testing and Status Reports.
- Proficient in using HP Mercury Quality Center (QC/ALM) tool for defect tracking.
- Developed, executed and maintained manual and automated functional tests and reported(maintained) the results in HP Quality Center.
Environment:- ORACLE, QC, UFT
ETL Tester/BI Tester
Confidential is one of the largest independent manufacturers of herbal extracts, photo chemicals and natural colors. Most of its products are exported to New Zealand, North America and Singapore etc.,
- Actively involved in resource management while providing estimation for testing efforts in agile methodology
- Provided defect management through CLEAR QUEST, thereby streamlining the process of identifying the defects, documenting the changes and tracking the status updates
- Involved in creating test cases and test planning based on project specification and business requirements using IBM Rational Functional Tester
- Developed SQL queries to verify the business functionality by comparing various data points using TOAD and access to LDAP directories
- Managed report process to include test results, summary and end-of-testing graphs for management review
- Tested the web services using SOAP/ UI
- Partly worked on WINDOWS API using windows SHELL SCRIPT
- Coordinated daily status updates through defect review meetings for various test execution cycles and communicated results with stake holders
- Tested Analytical Data Mart (ADM) and Stored Procedures.
- Participated in implementing sign test exit criteria checklist for production deployment and performed the post production validation before a formal signoff.
- Mentored junior team members on the client specific tools, scrum meatings and on test documentation.
- Involved in extensive DATA validation using SQL queries and back-end testing
Environment:- TOAD, IBM Rational functional tester, clear quest, SOAP UI, QA
ETL Tester/ BI Tester
- Identified the test requirements based on application business requirements and blueprints.
- Participated in security vulnerability testing using Soap UI
- Testing ETL jobs that are scheduled for file transfers from Operational Data Stores to designated file systems/directories.
- Comparing and Analyzing the Expected with Actual results in DB through QTP parameterization.
- Performed testing and maintained documentation on different types of DB Testing
- Involved in analyzing the applications and development of test cases
- Responsible to send the Data Warehouse Quality report to the QA manger on weekly basis
- Applications are tested manually and by automation and maintained using QC 9.2
- Analyzed and reviewed the software requirements, functional specifications and design documents.
- Proficient in QA processes, test strategies and experience in creating documents like Test plan, Test procedures and requirement elicitation
- Wrote SQL queries and stored procedures to validate data using SQL server 2005
- Created test scripts, executed test scripts, Documented errors and implemented their resolutions using QC 9.2
Environment:-, SQL SERVER, SOAP UI, QC 9.2