- Around 9 years of IT experience in the Analysis and Testing of Business Intelligence solutions using Data Warehouse/Data Mart Design, ETL, OLAP, Client/Server applications, Web - based applications, and Financial applications. Good knowledge on Banking, Financial, Telecom and HealthCare Insurance domain applications.
- Excellent QA experience in all phases of Software Testing Life Cycle and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) with good working knowledge of QA methodologies, disciplines, tasks, resources and documenting.
- Experience in Integration, Functional, System, Regression, SIT, Black Box, White Box and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Experience in Data Analysis, Data Validation, Data Cleansing, Data Verification.
- Experience on working with HPQC (Quality Center), Rational Tools - Rational Clear Quest, Rational Clear Case, Rational Requisite Pro and DOORS.
- Extensive experience in developing Test Plans, Test Scenarios, Test Strategies, Test Cases, Test Reports and RTMs.
- Very good understanding of Data Warehousing concepts, Data Analysis, Data Warehouse Architecture and Designing.
- Solid Back End Testing experience by writing and executing SQL Queries.
- Have solid experience on database query tools such as TOAD, SQL Navigator, Teradata SQL Assistant, Rapid SQL, and SQL Plus.
- Experience is testing the Reports for data validation and cosmetic content.
- Good Experience in testing Initial (Reconcile) and Daily (Delta) ETL loads.
- Experience working in UNIX environment and good at file management using VI editor.
- Experience in maintaining the test environments; involved in requesting the deployments, requesting data loads, data base backups, restarting the servers, troubleshooting issues.
- Extensively worked with batch scheduling tools Autosys, Control M to run and monitor the ETL and batch jobs.
- Strong in testing Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers and packages utilizing PL/SQL.
- Experience in meeting with Business Analysts and End Users to define, document and review functional and technical requirements.
- Worked with Informatica Workflow Manager to run the workflows/mappings and monitored the session logs in Informatica Workflow Monitor.
- Have experience working as execution support for Autosys Scheduling Team in 24x7 shifts.
- Excellent communication, analytical and interpersonal skills.
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL
RDBMS: Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i, Sybase, SQL Server 2010
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 98/XP, Linux, UNIX
RDMS Query Tools: TOAD, SQL Assistant, SQL Navigator, SQL * Plus, Rapid SQL
Testing Tools: QTP, WinRunner
Test Management Tools: HP Quality Center
Version Control Tools: Rational Clear Case
Defect Tracking Tools: Rational Clear Quest, HP Quality Center,JIRA
Incident Mgmt. Tools: BMC Remedy
Scheduling Tools: Autosys, Control-M
Reporting Tools: Crystal Reports, Cognos, SSRS, OBIEE
ETL Tools: Ab Initio, Informatica Power Center
Other Tools: Putty, TextPad, Compare It, WinSCP
Confidential, Westlake, TX
Sr. ETL/DWH/BI QA Analyst | Data Analyst
- Worked as a senior QA Analyst for the QA test activity on a web application called “Broker Portal”, the application was used by Investment Adviser of Fidelity Investments to manage securities, lending and margin finance; Broker portal application allows users to access sales, trades, investment products, cash management and online FX trading, FIX protocols (Financial Information Exchange) are used for communication with stock exchanges for equity trading.
- Performed client acceptance testing, functional testing, integration testing, system testing, performance testing, stress testing and load testing.
- Developed detailed System Test Plan.
- Extensively involved in ETL testing like Unit Testing, Functionality, Integration testing.
- Conducted various SQL Queries in order to perform the back end testing
- Performed SQL queries in the Mainframe to extract data required for various different scenarios.
- Maintained and executed test cases using Quality Centre.
- Performed extensive testing of manual test cases
- Used various command like ARTB are mainly used for maintenance of the credit in the CICS region in Mainframes.
- Performed GUI Testing, Functional, Testing manually
- Wrote complex SQL queries to perform the backend testing of the Oracle database using PL/SQL developer.
- Used File/Aid for retrieving credit card a/c in test region.
- Design/review test scenarios, test data and test cases for different financial user
- Group based on system requirements, solution diagrams, help files, and screen mockups.
- Participated weekly team meetings with business users, developers and updates on the status and raise any issues to the management.
- Analyzed the log files to verify the transfer of data and check the flat files for missing data while calling to the third party applications
- Experienced in documenting defects, generate defect and test progress graphs with overall test summary
- Used SNAP (system for new application processing) primarily used for creating new accounts.
- Extensively involved in UAT by supporting Testing and implement QA Process
- Wrote test cases using Test Director and logged defects
- Involved as a Tester in Manual and Automation testing of Web based Application
- Tested the entire ETL logic using Informatica to enable initial load and incremental processing from SQL Server and Oracle, error strategy and exception handling, restart ability and recovery, data cleanup, validation and monitoring.
- Extensively used Informatica Workflow Manager to run the workflows.
- Monitored the session logs/log files in Informatica Workflow Monitor.
- Tested the ETL Informatica mappings and other ETL Processes (DW Testing).
- Exclusively used Analysis Studio and Report Studio to test the Cognos Reports.
- Tested several complex reports generated by Cognos including Dashboards, Summary Reports, Master Detailed, Drill down.
- Analyzed and tested Informatica Mappings with OLTP source data, staging and target data.
- Experienced using database query and integration tools such as TOAD, SQL plus etc.
- Experienced in data analysis using SQL, TSQL, PL/SQL and many other queries based applications.
- Involved in extensive DATA validation using SQL queries and back-end testing
- Reported bugs and tracked defects using JIRA.
- Extensively used SQL to verify and validate the data loaded into Target
- Submitted weekly bug or issue report updates to the Project Manager in the form of the QA Error Log.
- Preparing and supporting the QA test environments
- Involved in testing the OBIEE reports for data validations and cosmetics. .
- Validate the response time to access the application in OBIEE
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.1, Informatica Data Validation Option (DVO), Clear Case, OBIEE, Clear Quest, SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX, Putty, JIRA, Shell Scripting, TFS, Flat files, XML files, WinSCP, Oracle 11g, CompareIT, Web Services, Soap UI, HP Quality Center, Mainframe, SQL Server, and TOAD.
Confidential, Hartford, CT
Sr. ETL/DWH/BI QA Analyst
- Developed the complete Test documents like Test Plan, Test Cases, and Test Scripts by analyzing Business requirement documents, Technical and functional design documents, Use cases.
- Prepared Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM), Test Status reports and Test Sign off documents.
- Involved in validating claims, enrollments, and membership.
- Validated reports for specific and aggregation accumulation data.
- Experienced business analyst specializing in requirements analysis and SDLC documentation in Waterfall, Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Prepared test data for positive and negative test scenarios for Functional Testing as documented in the test plan.
- Prepared Test Cases and Test Plans for the mappings developed through the ETL tool from the requirements.
- Extensively used Informatica Workflow Manager to run the workflows/mappings and monitored the session logs in Informatica Workflow Monitor.
- Verified session logs to identify the errors occurred during the ETL execution.
- Created Test Cases, traceability matrix based on mapping document and requirements.
- Performed complex data validation using SQL queries.
- Verified the logs to identify the errors occurred during the ETL execution.
- Worked in agile to create, maintain and execute test cases while participating in the validation of functional and non-functional requirements in an agile development environment.
- Worked in agile methodology to perform manual exploratory and acceptance testing of new features being iteratively developed
- Written several complex SQL queries for data verification and data quality checks.
- Reviewed the test cases written based on the Change Request document and Testing has been done based on Change Requests and Defect Requests.
- Tested the Informatica mappings and other ETL Processes (DW Testing).
- Used Team Foundation Server as a test management tool for preparing test cases and executing them.
- Prepared Mock data based for covering all the scenarios on the different test cases.
- Have tested reconcile and incremental ETL loads for the project.
- Scheduled shell script jobs, creating instances of jobs, verifying logs according to client requirement using Autosys server.
- Written Shell scripts to run Informatica mapping jobs.
- Written Shell scripts to handle data before executing Informatica Maps and to meet pre-requirements to run the Maps.
- Tested data migration to ensure that integrity of data was not compromised.
- Wrote complex SQL queries for extracting data from multiple tables and multiple databases.
- Used Rational Clear Quest as defect tracking tool.
- Worked on application integration testing in SOA Architecture and validated the SOAP based web services.
- Tested Cascading Prompts and Multi Level Prompts on Dashboards.
- Identified issues, performance bottlenecks, and optimized the Business Intelligence Dashboards and Reports.
- Passed the various requests for web services in Soap UI and validated the responses.
- Validated different kinds of reports (pivots, charts, tabular) using global and local Filters.
- Developed UNIX Shell Scripts for scheduling various data cleansing scripts and loading process.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.1, Informatica Data Validation Option (DVO), Clear Case, OBIEE, Clear Quest, SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX, Putty, Shell Scripting, TFS, Flat files, XML files, WinSCP, Oracle 11g, CompareIT, Web Services, SOA, Soap UI, HP Quality Center, Autosys, SQL Server 2008, and TOAD.
Confidential,West Des Moines, IA
ETL DW/BI Tester/Data Analyst
- Analyzed business requirements, system requirements, data mapping requirement specifications, and responsible for documenting functional requirements and supplementary requirements in Quality Center.
- Assist in the maintenance of technical and non-technical SDLC documentation.
- Creation of SDLC documentation, including User Requirements, Technical Specifications, and Test Cases.
- Involved in developing detailed test plan, test cases and test scripts using Quality Center for Functional and Regression Testing.
- Involved in understanding Logical and Physical Data model using Erwin Tool.
- Worked on Autosys for Batch Processing ETL, PL/SQL subprograms and performed backend testing.
- Tested Complex ETL Mappings and Sessions based on business user requirements and business rules to load data from source flat files and RDBMS tables to target tables.
- Involved in extensive testing of batch processing for positive and negative scenarios.
- Involved in testing the UI screens, reports which was used by the internal business team.
- Extensively tested the Cognos reports for data accuracy and static errors
- Tested Ab Initio graphs with both positive and negative scenarios.
- Responsible to test the functionality of Ab Initio graphs.
- Responsible for testing Initial and daily loads of ETL jobs.
- Written Shell scripts to run the Ab Initio developed jobs (.ksh) and Automated the ETL process through scheduling and exception routines.
- Participated in developing the file management and ftp process for transmitting the files, also scheduled the daily batch process.
- Created new projects in Soap UI to validate the web services.
- Worked with regulatory compliance data and did testing for web interface modules for exchanging the data feeds between the systems.
- Performed Negative testing using Ab-Initio GDE to find how the functions and variables perform when it encounters invalid and unexpected values.
- Used Rational Clear Quest for the bug tracking and Rational Quality Manager for Test Case Management.
- Used Rational Requisite Pro for requirement management.
- Tested the ETL process for both before data validation and after data validation process. Tested the messages published by ETL tool and data loaded into various databases
- Responsible for Data mapping testing by writing complex SQL Queries using WINSQL
- Validating the data passed to downstream systems.
- Involved in testing data mapping and conversion in a server based data warehouse.
- Involved in validating inbound and outbound batch processes.
- Validated OBIEE Reports in the Dashboards for the Oracle Financial Analytics modules like GL, AP, AR and created the Ad-hoc report according to the client needs.
- Involved in testing the XML files and checked whether data is parsed and loaded to staging tables.
Environment: Ab Initio 2.13, SQL, SQL Server 2008/2005, .Net, SSIS, Rational Clear Quest, Rational Clear Case, Batch Jobs, Shell Scripting, Cognos 8, Autosys, Rational Requisite Pro, OBIEE,Web Services, Soap UI, UNIX, Web Logic, WINSQL, Remedy, Putty, HP Quality Center 10, Oracle10g
Confidential, Overland Park, KS
ETL QA / Web based Tester
- Analyzed the business requirements, system requirements, and data mapping requirement specifications, interacting with client, developers and QA team.
- Written Test Plans, Test Strategy, Test Script, Test Cases, Reported bugs and tracked defects using Quality Center
- Performed all aspects of verification, validation including functional, structural, regression, load and system testing
- Written complex SQL queries for data validation for verifying the ETL Mapping Rules.
- Tested Metadata of tables including the data types, constraints and default values on the columns.
- Involved in maintaining the test environments; with activities like requesting data loads, data base backups, restarting the servers, requesting the deployments, troubleshooting issues.
- Used Toad to run SQL queries and validate the data loaded in to the target tables.
- Involved in user training sessions and assisting in UAT (User Acceptance Testing).
- Involved in Functional Testing, Regression Testing, Sanity Testing, Ad-hoc Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Created and executed Test cases in Soap UI to validate web services.
- Tested Ab Initio graphs with both positive and negative scenarios.
- Responsible to test the functionality of Informatica workflows.
- Responsible for testing Initial and daily loads of ETL workflows.
- Involved in preparation and maintenance of the Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to measure the progress, test matrix and test script review.
- Tested the ETL Informatica mappings and other ETL Processes (Data Warehouse Testing).
- Exclusively involved in execution of Autosys jobs, PL/SQL batch programs and responsible for reporting the defects to development team.
- Scheduling shell script jobs, creating instances of jobs, verifying logs according to client requirement using Autosys server
- Experience in creating UNIX scripts for file transfer and file manipulation.
- Written several complex SQL queries for validating Business Objects Reports.
- Created Test input requirements and prepared the test data for Data Driven testing.
- Involved in extensive DATA validation using SQL queries and back-end testing.
- Extensively used Rational Clear Quest to track defects and managed them.
- Performed periodic checks to run crosscheck against QA/SIT/PROD environments to ensure it is up and running.
Environment: Informatica 8.1, Oracle 10g, SQL Server, HP Quality Center, SQL, TOAD, PL/SQL, DB2, Business Objects XI, Clear Case, Netezza, Teradata, Clear Quest, DOORS, Autosys, Web Services, Soap UI, Shell Scripting, Windows XP, TIBCO, Putty, UNIX
Confidential, Sleepy Hollow, NY
- Responsible for creating Test plan, development of test scripts, execution and validate Test results and document test evidence.
- Executed test cases, and test scenarios for User Acceptance (UAT), Functional and Regression test cases.
- Reviewed unit test cases and test results and certified the code for integration testing
- Created user acceptance testing documents and reviewed them with the customer.
- Mapped test cases to requirements using quality center
- Involved in entering and tracking defects using Rational Clear Quest.
- Ran Data Stage jobs by using Data Stage Director and by running UNIX scripts as well.
- Involved in testing Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers and packages utilizing PL/SQL.
- Conducted reviews of test plans, test cases, and prepared test results.
- Used Data Stage Director to run the ETL mappings and monitor the status.
- Effectively communicate testing activities and findings in oral and written formats.
- Extensively used SQL programming in backend and front-end functions, procedures, packages to test business rules and security.
- Validated business objects reports for data and lay out.
- Performed periodic checks to run crosscheck against QA/SIT/PROD environments to ensure it is up and running.
- Created Test input requirements and prepared the test data for back end testing.
- Involved in testing the reports and UI screens containing those reports.
- Provided status reports on test execution, and defects identified during testing.
Environment: Oracle 9i, Toad, DB2, SQL, PL/SQL, Business Objects, MS Visio, Rapid SQL, Mainframes, data stage, TOAD, .Net, XML, Windows, TIBCO, UNIX, SQL Navigator
Confidential, San Francisco,CA
- Developed test plans based on test strategy. Created and executed test cases based on test strategy and test plans based on ETL Mapping document.
- Written complex SQL queries for querying data against different data bases for data verification process.
- Prepared the Test Plan and Testing Strategies for Data Warehousing Applications.
- Preparation of technical specifications and Source to Target mappings.
- Developed automated test scripts from manual test cases for Regression testing based on the requirement documents using Quick Test Professional.
- Written Test Plans and Test Cases on Mercury Test Director Tool.
- Defects identified in testing environment where communicated to the developers using defect tracking tool Mercury Test Director.
- Tested a number of complex ETL mappings, mapplets and reusable transformations for daily data loads.
- Creating test cases for ETL mappings and design documents for production support.
- Setting up, monitoring and using Job Control System in QA/Prod.
- Extensively worked with flat files and excel sheet data sources. Wrote scripts to convert excel to flat files.
- Scheduling and automating jobs to be run in a batch process.
- Extensively used Informatica power center for extraction, transformation and loading process.
- Worked with ETL group for understating mappings for dimensions and facts.
- Extracted data from various sources like Oracle, flat files and SQL Server.
- Extensively tested several Crystal Reports for data quality, fonts, headers & cosmetic.
Environment: UNIX, Informatica Power Center, Mercury Test Director 6.5, SQL *Loader, Crystal Reports, Oracle 8i, SQL Server 2000, Putty, Erwin 3.5, Java, J2EE, Windows XP, TOAD.