- 9+ years of experience in Software Development and Expertise in OBIEE 184.108.40.206 /220.127.116.11.1 /18.104.22.168 /10.1.3.4 /10.1.3.3 , OBIA (7.9.6)/ (7.9.5) and Siebel Analytics 7.5/7.7/ 7.8.4. Extensive experience in OBIEE Administration Tool, OBIEE Answers, OBIEE Intelligent Dashboards, BI Publisher, Delivers and iBots, Toad, SQL Developer, SAP BO, BICS.
- Expertise in design and development of Oracle Business Intelligence (OBI) Administration tool Repository (.rpd) at three layers (Physical Layer, Business Model & Presentation Layer), Time Series Objects, configuring Interactive Dashboards with drill - down capabilities using global and local Filters, Security Setup (Data Level and Object Level using Oracle BI repository security), Metadata Objects and Web Catalog Objects (Dashboard, Pages, Folders, Reports).
- Hands on experience in configuring and set up of OBIEE Security using LDAP and External Database Tables and in Security Setup at both Object and Database levels, which involved creation of users/ groups, Access privileges.
- Setup Multi User Development Environment (MUDE) using BI Administration tool.
- Worked with developing two complete life cycles of OBIEE 11g reports.
- Experience in Installing, Upgrading and Configuring OBIEE, OBIA from 10.1.3.4.1 to 22.214.171.124.0 and from 126.96.36.199.0 to 188.8.131.52.0 and 184.108.40.206.x.
- Hands on experience in the configuration of Single Sign On (SSO) authentication to integrate with Oracle portal.
- Experience in ODI designer, Topology, Operator, Master repository, work repository creation and deployment, dimensional modeling - star and snowflake schemas, data marts, fact and dimension tables identification, and OLAP.
- Worked on Interface creation, Packages, Scenarios, Variables, Sequences, Procedures, User Functions, pivoting, parallel job execution, Scheduling jobs and load balancing in ODI.
- Extracted data from different sources like Oracle Tables, views and flat files, Hyperion implemented Business logic and loaded into target warehouse (Oracle).
- Used ODI 11g/12c for extraction, loading and transformation ETL of data in the data warehouse (data warehousing) for developing the mappings using Transformations like Source Qualifier, Expression, Filter, Aggregator, Lookup, Update Strategy, Sequence generator, joiner and Router Transformations etc.
- Expertise in identifying the KPI's and Business Model development with Facts, Dimensions, slowly changing dimensions Hierarchies, Measures, Partitioning, Aggregation Rules, Time Series and Mapviewer. Repository and Session variables and Initialization blocks.
- Created Informatica Mappings and Mapplets using active and passive transformations and have the experience in using Data Warehouse Administration Console (DAC) to schedule the Informatica jobs and metadata management.
- Effectively made use of Table Functions, Indexes, Table Partitioning, Collections, Analytical functions, Materialized Views, Query Re-Write and Transportable table spaces.
- Expert in writing SQL queries and PL/SQL Development, Stored Procedures / Functions/ Packages / Database Triggers, Exception Handlers, Cursors.
- Trained Developers and Business users in OBIEE and BI Publisher Application and assisted them to generate and create their own reports, dashboards and perform ad-hoc analysis.
- Experience in leading off-shore team members through development, enhancement & support of OBIEE and prebuild analytics with various sources.
- Created crystal reports using both universes and business views based on the business requirements.
- Management teams as necessary using Agile/SCRUM Methodology to deliver global projects.
- Provide performance tuning, Cache management, aggregate tables, and indexes.
- Experience with Financial, Health, Retail and Services domain.
- Excellent problem solving skills with strong technical background and good interpersonal skills. Quick learner and excellent team player, ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
Technical and Business skills
Reporting Tools: OBIEE 10g/11g/12c, OBI Publisher 11g, Oracle BI Apps 7.9.6/7.9.5 , Tableau 9.2, Crystal Reports 10.0, Cognos 10.2.2
ETL Tools: ODI 220.127.116.11, Informatica 9.x/8.x/7.1.4, DAC 7.9.x,10.x, 11.x
Database Systems: Apache Hadoop, IBM Netezza, Teradata 14.0, SQL Developer, DB2, MS SQL Server, MS Access, Oracle 9i/10g/11g/12c (SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL, NoSQL, Procedure, Views, Materialized View, Table Partitioning, Backups, Explain Plan), Oracle EBS R12, WINSQL 9.0
Languages: C, C#.Net, Java
Data Modeling: Data Modeler, ERWIN 7.2
Operating Systems: Windows 2010/2007/XP, Windows Server 2008/2003, Linux
Web Technologies: CSS, HTML, XML
Software Tools: ACTIVE DIRECTORY, Anaconda 3.5, Essbase Studio, Microsoft Office/Visio/Project 2010, Putty, Microsoft Visual Studio 10, Visual Basic 6.0, Eclipse, SharePoint Designer 07, WinSCP, Citrix XenApp, SVN
Confidential, Seattle, WA
Sr. OBIEE/ODI Consultant
- Worked on all phases of data warehouse development lifecycle, from gathering requirements to testing, implementation and production support.
- Created the custom fact data stores and tasks for Oracle Business Analytics Warehouse.
- Customized OBIA RPD for easy drills between procurement spend and financial analytics subject areas.
- Worked closely with the Project Manager, Data Architect, Users. Assisted Data Architect in design by doing source data analysis, rectifying the requirement documents, creating source to target mappings.
- Created and customized the Physical Layer, Business Model and Mapping Layer and Presentation Layer in Repository using Administration Tool.
- Performed unit and integration testing. Created various test scenarios to test the application.
- Developed many Reports / Dashboards with different Analytics Views (Drill-Down, Pivot Table, Chart, Column Selector, and Tabular with global and local Filters) using OBIEE.
- Created dimension hierarchies, aggregates and keys in the BMM layer.
- Setup Usage tracking option to monitor frequently run reports in order to provide caching for the reports and perform database optimization by analyzing query performance.
- Implemented Data Level and Object Level Security using External Table Authentication, as well as Presentation Services.
- Extensive experience working on MUD Environment.
- Built new ODI interfaces, variables, procedure, packages, and scenarios.
- Set up the ODI Topology including physical architecture, logical architecture and context.
- Implemented the Change Data Capture (CDC) feature of ODI to minimize the data load times.
- Documentation of every step involved in the process, making it easy for the client.
Environment: Oracle Data Integrator 12c, BI Apps 11g, OBIEE 18.104.22.168, Oracle database, MS SQL Server, Windows 7, UNIX/Linux, Shell scripting, TOAD, SVN.
Confidential, Irving, TX
Sr. OBIEE/ODI Developer
- Worked with the business analysts to identify and refine business requirements, create the technical architecture, environment necessary to support the business requirements and lead offshore team for development and testing.
- Installation and Configuration of OBIA 11G /ODI/OBIEE 12C.
- Designed and developed the OBIEE Analytics Metadata Repository (.rpd) using OBIEE Server Admin tool by importing the required objects (Dimensions, Facts & Aggregates) with Referential Integrity constraints into Physical Layer using connection pool, developing multiple dimensions (Drill-down Hierarchies) & Logical & Facts Measure objects in Business Model Layer, and creating Presentation Catalog in Presentation Layer.
- Created connection pools, physical tables and defined Primary key, foreign key joins, complex joins in the physical layer of the repository.
- Created Oracle BI Answers Requests, Oracle BI Interactive Dashboard Pages and Prompt.
- Performed security administration for the entire organization, LDAP configuration and Weblogic roles.
- Managed and provided permissions for Reports and Dashboards in OBIEE Presentation Services Web Catalog.
- Implemented comprehensive security functionality - created users & web groups, external table security using session variables, tested and validated model using BI Admin tool and associated catalog objects & Web modules with the created users / groups to data and object level security.
- Implemented the security in OBIEE Admin tool to set up users, groups and access privileges.
- Setup ODI 12c - upgrade existing ODI 11 -- Integrate with OWB.
- Created and Configured ODI Repositories, Interfaces, Packages, Procedures and Scenarios.
- Worked closely with the end users/business and designing the documents to the track changes.
- Used Oracle Data Integrator ODI to develop processes for extracting, cleansing, transforming, integrating, and loading data into data warehouse database and Oracle EBS interface tables.
- Experience in ODI designer, Topology, Operator, Master repository and work repository creation to develop relational data warehouse.
- Worked for different concepts like pivoting and parallel job execution in ODI.
- Involved in Performance tuning for the jobs.
- Scheduling jobs and load balancing in ODI.
- Involved in Unit testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and System Testing to verify accuracy and completeness of ETL process.
- Developed financial reports as per the client requirements.
- Experience in Creating Dimensional Hierarchies, Level Based Measures and Time series functions.
- Write technical documentation detailing the dashboards/reports structure, formulas, etc.
Environment: OBIEE 12c/ 22.214.171.124.0 , BIAPPS 126.96.36.199.x, Oracle Data Integrator 188.8.131.52.0 , EBS R12.1.3, Oracle 11g, Oracle E-Business Suite, UNIX, Windows.
Confidential, Houston, TX
Sr. OBIEE/ETL(Informatica/ODI) Developer
- Identified Facts, Dimensions, and Hierarchies of the business model.
- Involved in Analysis, Requirement gathering, function/technical specification, development and testing.
- Identified the granularity level of the business model based on the end user requirements.
- Extensively used OBIEE Administration Tool for customizing and modifying the physical, business, and Presentation layer of the repository.
- Worked extensively on OBIEE Analytics and Dashboards to create the reports as per the client requirements.
- Implemented active directory (AD) authentication and LDAP to enforce user level security.
- Worked extensively on various Cache Management techniques to increase the performance of the both Real-Time and Non-Real-Time reports.
- Worked on both data level security and object level security.
- Involved in the configuration of Single Sign On (SSO) authentication to integrate with Oracle portal.
- Created groups in the repository and added users to the groups and granted privileges explicitly and through group inheritance.
- Developed different kinds of reports (pivots, charts, tabular) using global and local Filters.
- Created corporate standard variables in the metadata to ensure standard measures and best practices are followed.
- Customized Dashboard reports using drill-down capabilities.
- Designed Management Information Systems Reports using Crystal Reports software.
- Implemented Prompts to provide dynamic filter condition to End users.
- Implemented Row Level Security, Column level Security, Object level security and Subject Areas, Security for Users, Application Roles, Reports, and Dashboards.
- Developed security matrix for dashboards/Answers/interactive dashboards users based on Individual responsibilities.
- Configured iBots to deliver analytics content based on schedule to obtain weekly reports and sent notification Alerts.
Environment: Windows XP, OBIEE 184.108.40.206, OBIApps, Publisher, ODI, Informatica Power Center 9.1, Oracle 11g, SQL, TOAD, PL/SQL.
Confidential, Corvallis, OR
Sr. OBIEE/ETL Developer
- Creating/customizing the OBIEE Repository and reports based on the new requests from business users.
- Executed monthly financial modeling, budget improvement, processed expense reports and implemented time series modeling in OBIEE.
- Worked closely with the project management team to analyze and consolidate request requirements to improve the decision planning process and meeting project deadlines.
- Defined data requirements and report layouts for the business to review. Created testing plans and scripts based on requirements.
- Contributed to build business dashboards to conduct trend analysis on retail metrics, especially relating to driving sales revenue, customer retention and sale person productivity.
- Worked on Dimensional modeling by converting transactional data into the analytical data.
- Built OBIEE reports against to the Oracle DB and configured the RPD connectivity with Oracle Data source.
- Created Logical Tables, Dimensions, Facts and additional Metadata in the Business Layer by using Administration tool.
- Worked extensively on BMM (Business Model and Mapping) layer to develop various business models using Star Schema and Snowflake Schema.
- Having good experience on Upgrading from ODI 10g to ODI 11g environment.
- Analyzed the Business requirement and developed physical and logical architectures based on source and targets Using Topology navigator in ODI.
Environment: OBIA Apps 220.127.116.11.1 , OBIEE 18.104.22.168.0 , Oracle Data Integrator 11G, EBS R12.1.3, Informatica Power Center 8.5, Oracle 11g, and Red Hat Linux.
Confidential, Bentonville, AR
- Gathered the business requirements by interacting with the business users for the Points System.
- Involved in rationalize and identify report and KPI requirements and develop in respective platforms.
- Designed and Built Oracle BIEE Administration Tool Repository(rpd) at 3 layers i.e., Physical Layer (connecting Data sources & import schema), Business Model / data mapping (create Logical tables & data source mapping) and Presentation Layer level (create presentation catalogs), create presentation folders, test and validate the model.
- Customized reporting with OBIEE Answers and integrated them into the Dashboards.
- Customized the Oracle stored procedures to aggregate the data into different metrics based on Business Unit using PL/SQL.
- Involved in development of all layers of OBI Physical, Business Model, and Presentation layer.
- Responsible for providing first level operational support for development and production database systems.
- Designed data models for the custom tables.
- Created materialized views and imported into the repository to create the reports.
- Implemented write back for inserting and updating the records in the warehouse.
- Involved in creation of dynamic variables and used them in the reports.
- Created complex dashboards and reports.
- Developed multiple reports and used value interaction to navigate to other reports.
Environment: OBIEE 10.1.3.4.1 , Informatica 8.6, DAC Version 10.1.3.4.1 , Oracle Database 10g, Source System is EBS (11G), windows server 2000.
Jr. OBIEE/ETL Developer
- Involved in Creating and Administering the Physical Layer, Business Model and Mapping Layer and Presentation Layer in a Siebel Analytics Repository.
- Configured analytics repository with logical dimensional modeling using Star Schema (Facts and Dimensions).
- Managed day to day rpd, scheduler, and iBots.
- Managed security privileges for each subject area and dashboards according to user requirements.
- Involved in setting up Delivers to configure iBots based on the threshold value to the users.
- Developed UNIX and PL/SQL scripts for pre & post session processes to automate daily loads.
- Created ibots and Delivers to send Alert messages to subscribed users.
- Worked on various Informatica mappings as per business requirement.
- Worked extensively on Unit testing, Integration testing and fixed bugs during the UAT phase.
Environment: Informatica 6.x, Oracle 10g/9i, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Server 2000/2005.