- A Technology Leader with extensive experience building, mentoring and managing high - performing teams to deliver innovative Database, Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence applications; Possesses the technical expertise, business acumen and leadership skills to manage an organization through change;
- Has the vision to see beyond the requirements and the ability to develop strategies for automating and increasing efficiency;
- Builds strategic partnerships with business and leadership teams; A champion for driving process improvements to ensure a premium customer experience.
- Strategic Planning
- Project Management
- Effective time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, research and problem solving skills
- Data Analysis, Data Mining and Business Intelligence
- Expert in SQL, Oracle PL/SQL and Oracle Statistics
- OLTP, OLAP Databases and Data Warehousing
Databases: Oracle 7-12c, SQL Server, DB2, Teradata, MySQL, Sybase
Business Intelligence, Reporting, Automation & ETL Tools: Autosys, Crystal Reports, Informatica, MicroStrategy, Oracle APEX, Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE), Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), Oracle Discoverer, Oracle Reports, Tableau
Confidential, St. Petersburg, FL
LEAD DATA ARCHITECT
- Recommended and presented an Enterprise Data Governance and Data Management Strategy to Executive Team
- Redesigned and migrated the Prepaid Confidential from Teradata to Oracle reducing the Total Cost of Application Ownership and ETL time delivering MicroStrategy and Tableau Executive Dashboards 12 hours earlier
- Identified fraudulent activity and collaborated with Risk to implement risk rules mitigating MM’s in financial losses
- Reduced query runtimes from seconds to milliseconds to beat the SLA for making the risk decision
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Vice PRESIDENT - LEAD DATA ARCHITECT
- Led the development and adoption of best practices enabling team to quickly identify process improvements
- Reduced enhancement and new feature development and delivery time from months to weeks
- Championed the architectural redesign of the Data Mart that improved stability, performance and data quality
Confidential, Charlotte, NCVice PRESIDENT - LEAD DATA ARCHITECT
- Designed and implemented ETL processes to support credit valuation adjustment of counterparty risk for the Confidential Capital Markets group’s derivatives front and middle offices in New York and Chicago
- Redesigned TIAA’s multi-terabyte Operational Data Store and ETL processes that supported Trade Settlement Reconciliation and Reporting reducing process run times from 8-12 hours to 30-60 minutes, improved SLA compliance from 0% to 97% and saved TIAA approximately $180K per year
- Enabled TIAA’s ODS application to consume 10 times the data volume with negligible performance degradation
- Led the implementation of OBIEE and APEX for the creation of Executive Dashboards / reports for BOA and TIAA
- Tuned SQL queries reducing ETL processing times by up to 92% and report run times from minutes to seconds
- Reduced ETL time >50% for Evergreen’s Tenemos Wealth and Asset Management Sybase application Triple'A
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Vice President - LEAD DATA ARCHITECT
- Led the CTDM hardware strategy to change hardware, operating systems and data centers. Collaborated with vendors to evaluate options. Obtained approval and funding from Corporate Treasury Executive Committee.
- Partnered with business and IT leadership to develop the technology strategy and execution roadmap to modernize application and technology stacks.
- Drove the introduction and adoption of Standard Software Process (SSP) and Capability Maturity Model (CMM) standards throughout Corporate Treasury Support. Documented processes, designed and delivered training to technical and business teams, and implemented a governance framework to ensure compliance.
- Developed, communicated, implemented, and validated the Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery Plans for the Corporate Treasury Support organization that mitigated potential risks to the business.
- Managed the Data Warehouse ETL and Data Mart teams (12 reports) responsible for enhancing and supporting the CTDM and Business Intelligence application that provided 90% of the balance sheet to Corporate Treasury.
- Lead Database Architect to include Mortgage Backed Securities in CTDM and QMORE BI and reporting applications
- Reduced 3-year Trend Analysis run time from 1 hour and 23+ minutes to 32 seconds to support the Trading Desk
- Managed team in reducing operational risk by encrypting sensitive data, and addressing audit and information security concerns. Designed and implemented an Oracle password change utility using Java, Java script and Confidential .
- Selected by the Corporate Treasury Executive Committee to lead the Six Sigma Process Improvement project to reduce the time to run Internal Rate of Return (IRR) forecast comparisons. Drove team in assessing, recommending, and implementing the SQL Server based Quantitative Risk Management Model Output Reporting Engine (QMORE) system that reduced processing time by 88%.
Lead Data Architect
- Enhance, performance tune and support the multi-terabyte Oracle Data Warehouse for matching and reconciliation of Hedge Fund and Clearing Entity data.
- Reduced ETL processing times from days to hours and Statistics gathering from 21 hours to 2 hours
Managing Consultant / Project Manager
- Worked with St. Jude’s Confidential Research Center CIO to provide the technical leadership to replace legacy warehouse management system and mitigate potential Y2K issues under a highly aggressive 8 week deadline.