- Expert in leading enterprise infrastructure solution projects by analyzing results of operations to discover more efficient ways to utilize resources, minimizing cost and improve performance.
- Led onshore & offshore software development teams in application building blocks initiative to salvage core application efforts to support development
- Well versed with eliciting project requirements from business users, especially FP&A teams.
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal, collaboration, organizational, proactive, leadership vision and problem solving skills. Immensely enjoy navigating all aspects of complex projects
- Project Methodologies: Waterfall and System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Agile Developement
- Ability to maintain schedule, quality and expectations in a multiple stakeholder environment.
- Ability to plan and present appropriate system architectures to clients to expedite and ensure create efficient business processes.
- Experience in working through all phases of the SDLC and maintenance of financial applications; also skilled in installations, upgrades, and configuration procedures in client/server environments.
- Experience in working with a range of Hyperion products including Essbase Administration services, Studio, Integration Services, Reports, Analyzer, and Spreadsheet Add - In, in both Windows and UNIX environments.
- Assisted end-users with developing complex reports to meet requirements; Also developed ad-hoc analysis reports as needed
- Solid understanding of multidimensional and relational database architecture; Extensive knowledge of planning, budgeting, and forecasting procedures.
- Experience working with Data Integration Management (DIM and Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) adaptors for HFM, Essbase and Planning, knowledge modules, and creating modules, packages and interfaces
- Managed and administered the use of numerous Essbase applications and cubes (both block storage and aggregate storage), forms, reports, and books.
- Extensive experience in creating, maintaining, and supporting all application objects including outlines, calculation scripts, rules files for dimension builds and data loads, transparent partitions, and security objects through both Essbase Administration Services (EAS) and MaxL scripts; Also involved in automation of these procedures using batch scripts
- Skilled in performance monitoring, tuning, and optimization; Played an active role in debugging procedures by developing and implementing test cases
OLAP Tools and Applications: Hyperion Essbase 9.x/11.x, Essbase Integration 9.x, Hyperion Planning 11.x, Essbease Studio
Database Systems: Oracle 8i, 9i, 10G, 11G
Consolidation Tools: Hyperion Enterprise, Hyperion Financial Management, Hyperion Planning
Reporting Tools: Hyperion Reports 7.x, Workspace, Hyperion Essbase 7.x/9.x/11.x, EIS 7.0, Smart View, Excel Spreadsheet Add-In, OBIEE, Hyperion Enterprise Reporting, Hyperion Retrieve for Excel, Hyperion Financial Reporting
Languages: MDX, MaxL, ESSCMD, SQL, PL/SQL Scripting, VBA scripting, Toad for Oracle, Navigator for Oracle
Operating Systems: MS Windows NT/Vista/XP/2000/98/95, UNIX, Linux
Scheduling Software: Windows Scheduler, Hyperion Autopilot
Data Modeling: Dimensional Modeling, Star-Schema Modeling, Snow-Flake Modeling, Fact and Dimensions Tables, Physical and Logical data modeling
Computer Software: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
Business Intelligence Consultant
- Work closely with the FP&A and Corporate Controllership groups to take some of their manual processes and convert them into efficient automated value added solutions
- Drove the transition process from Hyperion Enterprise to HFM and Planning working with an external consulting group
- Recreated all business reports in SmartView and Hyperion Reporting Studio
- Created the new month end processes for HFM and Planning based on the previous processes used in Hyperion Enterprise
- Trained over 30 business users to use Planning and HFM
- Responsible for Hyperion Administration for the month end reporting cycles for 5 different multicurrency applications.
- Responsible for maintenance of production and testing environments
- Translated end user requirements into application design specifications.
- Developed excel templates for data collection sent out monthly to Canada, Costa Rica, Mexico, Europe, India, Caribbean and USA.
- Developed queries for data extraction from Oracle.
- Responsible for collection, upload and consolidation financial and statistical data every month to Hyperion Enterprise.
- Responsible for maintaining the monthly currency exchange rates in Hyperion.
- Responsible for design, development and monthly maintenance of around 50 reports in excel and Hyperion Enterprise Reporting
- Performed automation of routine month end procedures using Hyperion Autopilot and VBA Scripting
- Migrated data between different applications and categories in Enterprise
- Responsible for loading month end data to HFM applications based in Europe.
- Responsible for transmitting relevant month end data files to Japanese offices sing pathfinder utility.
- Responsible for training business end users
- Completed documentation of all the technical month end procedures
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Business Intelligence Consultant
- Responsible for development, maintenance and management of 30+ cubes, both ASO and BSO every quarter further used in Banking, Regulatory and Public disclosures Pillar reports submitted to Federal Reserve
- Worked closely with the FP&A, SEC and Basel Treasury groups to elicit cube design requirements from end users.
- Provided production support and triage day-to-day system issues raised by business teams
- Developed and Optimized the performance of complex BSO and ASO cubes with millions of members and large number of dimensions in the outline to reduce the aggregation time by nearly 60 %
- Optimized the Reporting Process by developing partitions between multiple cubes to replace the currently used report scripts
- Performed Impact analysis to verify the results of the optimization process for clients.
- Facilitated Capital Calculations and Risk Weighted Assets Calculations as Per Basel II Capital requirements.
- Designed and developed Reconnaissance cube to study trends of data submission in the reporting cycle which will be used in the future to reduce the reporting cycle lifetime by 33 %.
- Developed KPI watch lists and strategy maps using scorecard functionality of OBIEE track data coming in for Recon cube
- Created analysis, dashboards and Rolling forecast reports in OBIEE.
- Developed forecasting cubes to facilitate the forecasting of Basel Capital and Leverage ratio's for SEC reporting
- Conducted system integration testing(SIT), Materiality and co-ordinated user acceptance testing(UAT) to ensure that stated business requirements were met
- Developed calc scripts facilitating allocation of data for new cubes.
- Developed new queries and updated the existing queries for data extraction from Oracle tables.
- Imported data and metadata from interface tables in HFM.
- Maintained the applications on the development, testing and production servers.
- Created multiple graphical reports for the managers using Visual Explorer.
- Migrated applications from Hyperion Essbase 126.96.36.199 to Essbase 188.8.131.52
- Developed and provided support for applications on HFM for Budgeting and Forecasting.
- Performed data loads and data consolidation in applications from Oracle and Excel templates
- Developed data forms for manual adjustment of data for higher management.
- Developed a roadmap for automating the development and back up of cubes using MaxL
- Developed a keen Knowledge of quarterly process for Treasury Operations.
Confidential, Woodlands, TX
- Oversaw the entire integration and implementation process for software and hardware infrastructure into production.
- Created requirement traceability matrix to make sure that current requirements are being met.
- Conducted Business and Systems reviews and working sessions to understand the requirements and system design.
- Created, maintained and evolved documentation for change management processes.
- Directly interfaced with Finance and technology directors to report on development progress and implement strategy road map.
- Was involved in knowledge transfer of Hyperion modules such as: Essbase Studio, and smart view to more than 50 users.
- Coordinated with ERP teams to get data extracts from peoplesoft and SAP.
- Prepared quarterly forecasts, annual budget, ad-hoc reporting and management reporting by working with the business managers.
- Created Essbase outline formulas and calcscripts using advanced calcscript functions for allocations, and two pass calculations and data exports.
- Converted esscmd scripts to MAXL using an esscmd conversion utility for consistent system design.
- Created data sources, minischemas, hierarchies and cube schemas for deployment in Essbase Studio 11.x
- Created Drill through reports from oracle database for several cubes using Essbase studio.
- Deployed a XOLAP database and extensively used partitions to scale a growing database.
- Created Drill throughs using Essbase studio for viewing transactional data.
- Optimized structure, loading and calculations through appropriate dense and sparse settings of dimensions, storage allocations and by dynamic calculations and debugging
- Debugged and optimized data loading by grouping and positioning
- Extensively involved in performing DBA activities like performance tuning the Calcscripts, database tuning, and taking the Essbase backups.
- Created report scripts and calculation scripts for bulk data extraction and staged calculations.
- Involved in performing Administrative tasks like user authentication, creating new users for the Essbase cube using EAS options.
- Automated the data loads using MAXL in both interactive and batch modes
- Extensively involved in doing analysis and gathering the information in migrating from Hyperion Essbase 9.1 to Hyperion Essbase 184.108.40.206
- Converted BSO database to ASO using the conversion wizard.
- Produced ad-hoc reports by dynamic on-line querying in Analyzer
- Assured optimal match between cube design and report specifications
- Utilized Application Manager/EAS: Optimized cache settings, established user security, managed applications migration, established substitution variables and settings for dynamic time series, editing/validating scripts
- Managed system upgrades and client installations based on users’ requirements
- Prepared Profitability Reports, which detail Unit Cost, Price and Volume Trends, and Expense Variances over prior periods using Hyperion Reports/Analyzer.
- Involved in requirements gathering for Essbase cubes for designing and development phase using Hyperion Essbase 9.3.1 system.
- Designed and implemented logical and physical data models. Assisted in development efforts of stored, triggers, and SQL queries.
- Developed the database outlines, restructured the dimensions to meet the optimal performance of the database and conducted monthly routine maintenance.
- Developed various data load rules files for building dimensions and loading data.
- Created outlines formula using Calculation-Script Editor for calculation the database.
- Participated in Extracting and loading the databases
- Worked on automation using ESSCMD and MaxL Shell Scripting to load data.
- Designed and Developed Essbase applications for budgeting and forecasting, replaced VBA/Excel based reports with Hyperion Analyzer
- Worked on calculation script to optimize database performance.
- Provided Database Optimization with Dimension Building, Data Loading, Indexing, Calculations, Cache Management and Partition Management.
- Applied security to the Essbase databases by creating users and user groups to control the access of data in specific areas.