- Results - oriented, high-energy executive with expertise in freight forwarding, domestic transportation, transportation management, and supply chain management
- Customer champion and advocate who builds rapport and trust with external customers and internal stakeholders, works continuously to understand client needs, and communicates effectively and organizes the correct resources to deliver world class services and solutions
- Strategic thought leader and highly analytic decision-maker
- Seeks to constantly learn and improve while mentoring and teaching those within his sphere of influence
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Organizational LeadershipProduct Strategy
- Profit & Loss Management
- Project Management
- Sales Leadership
- Confidential Logistics Solutions
- Services Marketing
- Program Management
- Logistics Business Development
- 3PL Management
- Public Speaking
- 6 Sigma Green Belt
- Executive Customer Relations
- Cross-functional Teams
- Consultative Sales
- SWOT Analysis
- Global Account Management
- Logistics Network Design
- Logistics Procurement
- Pricing Strategy
- Global Freight Forwarding
- Distribution Strategy
- Continuous Improvement
- Healthcare Vertical Expertise
- NA Trucking Industry
- Business Case Analysis
- Training and Mentoring
- Expert MS Excel
- Advanced MS Project
- MS Visio
- Advanced MS Access
- SQL, Visio, MS Office
- SAP i2 SC Strategist
- Led a team of three director-level regional product sales leaders and five product pricing specialists that created and priced solutions in expedited less-than truckload, dedicated fleet, pool distribution, full truckload, managed transportation, final mile, white glove, and retail store fixture solutions that resulted in more than $40M in new revenue growth in 2017
- Created and championed the Ground Transport strategic plan for targeted business growth including sales training and marketing materials for a team of more than 120 sales representatives
- Attended and presented more than 30 customer presentations as the senior product leader supporting field sales and strategic account owners
- Provided quantitative, market-based analysis of pricing and cost assumptions and identified targeted areas for improvement that led to a 40% improvement in pricing levels and a 15% improvement in hit rate for quoted business
- Constructed the future IT architecture to support the implementation of a new Transportation Management System enabling the seamless use of logistics partners into a single, market-facing solution that increased price competitiveness, enhanced track and trace capabilities, and reduced internal direct operating expenses
- Championed Confidential + Confidential ’s acquisition and merger with Confidential, Inc. in 2015 which tripled the size of the Overland business unit and managed the associated organizational change
- Coordinated all Overland business development efforts with our large corporate accounts for all verticals throughout North America including customer visits, sales presentations, and participation in more than 80 RFP/Qs
- Formed a new regional sales team with six direct reports and more than 10 indirect reports in US, MX, and CA
- Delivered more than $8M in year-over-year new business growth in 2015 exceeding targets by over 15%
- Created and standardized business development processes and marketing content
- Developed a global account management team of more than 15 individuals located around the globe who operated and managed more than $70M worth of global ground transportation, airfreight, and seafreight revenue for our Fortune 100 pharmaceutical client
- Grew my account in 2014 by obtaining 75% of client’s global seafreight spend and 25% of its global airfreight spend totaling an additional $15M in revenue growth. Contributed in the product development of global pharma seafreight product in 2013 and 2014
- Managed a strategic capital investment project to add an additional Confidential + Confidential pharma airfreight crossdock in order deliver value-add services to my client and win 3 major lanes of airfreight business
- Developed senior management relationships between Confidential + Confidential and our client through frequent client visits and contact, quarterly business review meetings, joint savings projects and process improvement initiatives, and large scale logistics procurement events which led to average annual sales growth of nearly 50% for from 2012 through 2014
- Led internal and external supply chain consulting engagements to develop new business and identify savings and process efficiency improvements in the areas of inbound and outbound logistics, warehousing, inventory, and order fulfillment
- Developed, sold, and implemented $1.6M international logistics solution (freight forwarding, customs, cross dock network, and multiple domestic modes of transport) with German-based manufacturing company. Created uniquely configured solution
- Implemented and stabilized a global direct-ship fulfillment distribution network for a $3.7B IT hardware company during 11-month project. Led global coordination, process documentation, and training for 26 global manufacturing sites including major contract manufacturers and OEM suppliers. Implemented and stabilized all origin shipping operations which involved centralized, multi-modal planning with TMS in a completely asset-free Confidential solution (included international air freight in and between USA, CA, Mexico, and EMEA).
- Conducted successful network, inventory, and pricing analysis of a medical industry client with 23 spare parts locations which led to re-signing of $10M of annual transportation services contract. Presented findings, recommendations, and commercial offer to client’s senior management as part of sales engagement life cycle.
- Developed new $1M revenue account in chemical industry. Directed the solution development effort that included conducting on-site workshops, authoring final sales proposal, presenting sales proposal to C-level client management, and co-authoring business requirements and IT architecture.
- Delivered detailed logistics solution response for more than 25 RFP/I/Qs for logistics services including IT architecture, operating model, associated work flows, account team makeup, and supporting business case.
- Led procurement team of client team leads, relationship managers, and execution buyers who managed supplier aftermarket lead times, on-time ship performance, overall cycle times, and unit cost reduction to meet organizational and client operational goals.
Global Program Manager
- Managed global parts warranty redemption program with $400M in annual reverse logistics costs. Led team in identifying and realizing $12 million in operational savings and process improvements in the Americas, Europe, and Asia Pacific. Created global metrics packaged and management system to standardize global performance reporting.
- Directed a 2-month logistics business process outsourcing proposal coordinating IT architecture, operations costs, and business process inputs to $5.3B client.
- Created cost and savings inputs for large business process outsourcing proposals for Fortune 500 companies.
- Supervised an operations project team through an aggressive re-bid of Confidential ’s $30M (annual) Logistic Network Manager contract with four national transportation suppliers. Created value by revising network pricing structure, consolidating North American claims, transitioning relevant workload from 3PL to 1st Tier Carriers, and strengthening overall contract terms.
- Led a project streamlining business processes for technical services procurement realizing 20% reduction in procurement cycle times.
- Improved the execution of daily order fulfillment process by creating a MS Access tool to better utilize supplier master scheduling information.
- Managed transition to Restriction of Hazardous Materials (RoHS) compliance as IT hardware brand Americas Team Lead for Integrated Supply Chain organization.