- Overall 7+ Years of Experience as a Business/Data Analyst working on Financial Risk & Compliance projects for major Investment Banks and Financial Services focusing on data analysis, data management, risk analysis.
- Proficient across various Banking Financial Services Verticals Home Loans Mortgage, Consumer / Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, Treasury Payments, Wholesale Business banking, Leasing and Lending, OLB Online Banking
- Experience in performing Business Process Analysis, involved in application redesigning and enhancements and GAP analysis, creating Business Process Models.
- Business Process Re - engineering (BPR), Business process optimization and process mapping.
- Experience in development of Data Warehouse and in Performing Data Analysis and Data Mapping from an Operational Data Store to an Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Good experience in Commercial Loan Origination(CLO) Systems like Provenir, PRISM, Encompass, Encompass CRM,Loan Tools, Misys Loan IQ.
- Extensive knowledge in Payments processing and SWIFT messaging standards.Have good knowledge of CHIPS, FED and ACH.
- Knowledge of analysis on applications which are GLBA/SOX application in the bank and categorizing them as high-risk applications to be on boarded for auto provisioning/ de provisioning in the bank.
- Comprehensive knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC), Agile- Scrum, Rational unified process (RUP) and Waterfall methodology.
- Strong knowledge in MS SQL Server 2008, MS SQL Server 2014, oracle 10g and 11g and strong knowledge in SQL and PL/SQL.
- Proficient in Structured finance, and Financial services, in back and front office such as, Asset management, Payment systems life cycle, Trade processing, Information Security, Portfolio management, Hedge funds Payment processing, Investment Accounting System, Cash management, Derivatives, Commodity, Equity, OTC products, Billing systems, and Wealth Management.
- Experience on CCAR, Basel II, Basel III, Dodd-Frank Regulatory Reporting FR Y-14A/Q Monthly, Quarterly, Annual, FRY9-C, DFA 165, DFA 165E and others required for banks for compliance reporting to various regulatory agencies.
- Hands on end to end JDE process flows and well versed of any of JDE functional modules- Inventory management, Finance or Manufacturing.
- Basic understanding in creating dashboards with Tableau and Qlikview software and experience in performance tuning of reports in Tableau.
- Experience in design, configuration, development and deployment of Business Intelligence applications using OBIEE.
- Experience in conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with end-users, Subject Matter Experts (SME's), Development and QA teams.
- Experienced in defining Test Methodologies, designing test plans and test cases, Verifying and validating Web based applications and Documentation based on standards for Software Development and effective QA implementation in all phases of SDLC.
- Extensive experience in gathering and documenting business requirements. Proficient in writing Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Document (FRD) and detailing into system requirement specification (SRS).
- Created and learned new systems and protocols easily. Software proficiencies include RiskPro and MS Office, with significant Excel experience.
- Good understanding of Basel III, CCAR/ DFAST stress testing concepts in retail banking including probability of default (PD), exposure at default (EAD), loss given default (LGD), expected loss (EL), and risk weighted assets (RWA) etc.
- Extensive knowledge in Data Warehouse process from the Data Mapping to Data Modeling, including ETL process, star/snowflake Schemas, OLTP/OLAP, and Entity Relationship models.
- Proficient in giving walkthrough and creating Unified-Modeling language (UML) diagrams for business process modeling like Use Case, Sequence Diagram, State Chart Diagram, Activity Diagram etc.
- Experience in writing SQL scripts, stored procedures, user defined functions and triggers for SQL Server.
- Experience in working on projects executed using AGILE methodology.
- Experience in conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions to develop and agree upon a system that focuses on the business, Performed variance analysis and follow-up requirements.
- Strong Experience in writing Test Plans and Test Cases for User Acceptance Testing (UAT), managing test script execution for System/Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Progression Testing, and conducting Smoke Test.
- Used business process tools such as MS Project, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Visio, ERWIN, DB2, Rational Clear Quest, JIRA, SQL Reporting for project work.
- Sound financial domain knowledge of Portfolio Management, Asset Liability Management (ALM), Quality Risk Management (QRM), and Trade Life Cycle.
Operating systems: Windows Macintosh, Linux
Languages: C\C++\SQL \ PL-SQL \Unix\Shell Scripting \Java, \SQL\ UML\ HTML
Testing tools: Mercury (HP) Load Runner, Test director, Quick Test Pro (QTP), Win Runner, Clear Case
Business Modeling tools: MS Visio, MS Project, Rational Rose, Bizagi
Payments Systems: Fiserv PEP, First Data Vision Plus FDR, Third Party Payments and Check Free
Change management tools: Rational Clear Quest, Rational Rose, TFS, Sharepoint
Documentation tools: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Balsamiq, Blueprint
Requirement analysis tools: Rational Requisite Pro, Quality center
Project Methodologies: Rational Unified Process (RUP), Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, Spiral
Reporting tools: Crystal Reports, Cognos
Database: MySQL, MS Access
Sr. Business Process Analyst
Confidential - New York, NY
- Worked extensively with the QA team for designing Test Plan and Test Cases for the User Acceptance testing (UAT) and validation, also reviewed QA test plans and test cases and provided QA support for the verification and validation of the system.
- Gathered/validated requirements, writing the Business Processes Model notations (BPM), Procedures,Technical Documentation.
- Primary responsibilities included developing a new Treasury Fixed Income BI database and Advanced Excel financial models to identify the potential risk of exposures of the fixed income positions being analyzed.
- Documented the complete process flow to describe program development, logic, testing, and implementation, application integration, coding.
- Configured and optimized SAP Treasury solutions (Treasury Management, Cash & Liquidity Management, and bank Communication Management) to improve processing efficiency and reduce errors.
- Involved in financial analysis and other portfolio management duties for the commercial lending department.
- Involved in the preparation of mapping document for FX and Commercial Payments APIs'
- Conduct Data Profiling, and Mapping documents across data domains (People, Reference, Rating, Scores, etc).
- Responsible for driving the rollout of Enterprise Print Monitoring software to check for NPPI, leading, from a security standpoint, effort to deploy Encase to all bank managed servers.
- Used MS Project in updating timelines and project scheduling for the new automated payment system.
- Identified global suppliers that are in-scope for NPPI for government MRA audit.
- Managed the Bank's annual FDICIA / SOX / GLBA control testing process.
- Performed variance analysis and follow-up ions for SDLC, Business Analysis, Test Management & Releases; Developing Business Requirement Documents & Functional Requirement Specifications.
- Worked on the Liquidity Reporting Infrastructure team of for Basel Regulatory compliance on CCAR, USLCR, 5G, and Stress Reports.
- Responsible for the analysis, research and resolution of varied software application errors that may cause delays in the mortgage loan origination process.
- Analyzed financial investment-related data in support of market risk management and data warehousing.
- Worked proficiently in Data Modeling, Data Mapping, Data Flow Analysis, Transaction Flow Analysis, Alternative Path analysis and Data Security.
- Participated in JAD Sessions and inspected legacy system with SMEs to understand new requirements, System Features and understand the change in Business Process from the new system.
- Designed Use cases, use case diagrams to present a better view of the system as a whole to the technical team for them to identify the key processes. Involved in configuring, extending, and supporting the OFSAA.
- Responsible for converting the complex business logic to Oracle SQL and PL/SQL codes for fetching the data from Oracle databases and testing the data as per the business standards
- Worked on data modeling, data analysis and requirement documentation of product types and mapping data for FR Y-14A, FR Y-14Q, FR Y-9C, etc. by using AXIOM.
- Performed functional specification, configuration and Testing of GL and FA modules adhering to best practice AIM/ OUM methodology.
- Supported testing, Test Cases in HP Quality center that would test various Test scenarios. Designed and developed Use Cases, Use Case Diagrams and Activity Diagrams using UML.
- Used Business Intelligence OBIEE Admin Tool to Develop Financial data model for ad hoc analysis and report creation.
- Responsible for applying regulations based on Basel III and Basel II which further can be implemented into DFAST and CCAR, which help to project Liquidity Impact.
- Involved in data migration includes from SQL Server to SQL Server, SharePoint document library to SQL Server, and Excel to SQL Server.
- Conducted UAT sessions and provided training and assistant to clients.
Business/ Data Analyst
Confidential - Columbia, MD
- Successfully developed a new Treasury Exposure Risk Analysis database in SQL Server and SAS Analytic Tool to identify the potential risk of exposures of the fixed income positions being analyzed by the bank.
- Led team of Business Analysis collecting requirements for Bank’s Treasury client’s payment system entitlements.
- Developed Excel-based models to generate DFAST stress testing, regulatory documents, periodic credit risk reports and supervisory plans.
- Screen customers against potential regulatory issues including but not limited to FTC, GLBA, OFAC, Negative News, AML, and BSA Hotlist to identify true and false positives on the account.
- Lead SDLC documentation process for Waterfall, wrote a BRD for OFSAA Process Flow and also assisted in user guide of the workflow, Configured Oracle T2T and Business rules per specification using the OFSAA modules.
- Implemented and rolled-out strategic bank-wide project of OFSAA ORM and economic capital module.
- Responsible for the support of the Misys Loan IQ Systems, in 18 different environments on servers running on windows and UNIX, and IBM Z Series mainframe utilizing DB2 Duties.
- As a part of PMO Facilitated daily meetings with the Stake Holders, QC/QA, UAT, Data Modelers and DBA’s to discuss the implementation schedule of the deployment of the changes in the development, QC, UAT and Prod Environments.
- Conducted thorough Data Profiling against the source data for any data discrepancies making sure it meets the business requirement
- Prepared dashboards using calculated fields, parameters, calculations, groups, sets and hierarchies in Tableau.
- Utilized various tools such as Hyperion, OBIEE and SAP to gather data for weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports for senior management.
- Helped in the review of Test Requirement Documents & the evaluation of the online visa/ payment system.
- Facilitated the development / update of policies for SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley), FISMA, CIS and VISA CISP.
- Performed Data mapping, logical data modeling, created class diagrams and ER diagrams and used SQL queries to filter data.
- Involved with the IT and QA team to fix the defects tracked in UAT and integrate the final build to the production environment.
- Gathered CCAR, PPNR and supplementary metrics (FR Y-14, FR Y-9C) forecast from different business units.
- Used Informatica and Data Stage for extracting, cleansing, transforming, integrating and loading data into data warehouse database.
- Designed and initiated policies and procedures relating to the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA).
- Involved in Business Analysis for Basel II and other banking risk areas also Performed data analysis, data reconciliation and data retrieval from various systems along with identification of data gaps and data quality issues for Basel II Credit Risk Mitigation System (CRMT).
- Involves in analysis and configuration of Federal Regulatory Reporting requirements - FRY-9C, FRY-14Q.
- Involved in analysis and gathering of requirements of the BASEL reporting by meeting with the business user and base lining the details that define business and functional specifications.
- Designed, developed and tested ETL procedures in MSSQL 2000/2008 databases.
- Wrote SQL procedures to map and transforming and loading into DB using SSIS packages.
- Facilitated meetings representing the Technology Team on Data needs for SIT and UAT Testing.
Confidential - Seattle, WA
- Analyzed and Documented Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Specification Documentation, and System Requirement Documentation, using UML methodologies.
- Completed business analysis, system analysis, prototype, and design and testing for Treasury Accounting including areas of Cash Management, Investment Accounting, Debt Management, and System Security and Workflow.
- Involved in Data mapping specifications to create and execute detailed system test plans. The data mapping specifies what data will be extracted from an internal data warehouse, transformed and sent to an external entity. Worked on Business Process Flows, UML modeling, Use Cases.
- Provided consulting services (resident expert) for corporate research project to assure compliance with Federal and State regulators (GLBA) for the development of a Comprehensive Written Information Security Program.
- Created, managed, organized and directed all Quality Assurance (QA) activities for type and production documentation programs.
- Assisted with the design process of the Commercial Loan Origination (CLO) application for improving the loan process and minimizing risk to the bank.
- Involved in Implementation of Oracle Financials GL, AP, FA, and AR Modules.
- Coordinated and managed daily evaluation of AML risks throughout customer life cycle, Wrote PL/SQL scripts for data extraction.
- Configured the Data mapping between Oracle and SQL Server 2005 also conducted data mapping, designs, develops and implements ETL process.
- Generated reports as per Adhoc request from the client through Data extraction, Data mapping, Transformation, and loading through by using Informatica Tool.
- Defined rules/process to expedite on data profiling and automated identification of data quality issues.
- Created and maintained Business Use cases and System Use cases, Use Case diagrams, Flow Diagrams, Business Flow Diagrams, Activity diagrams, Sequence diagrams throughout the SDLC.
- Developed ad-hoc reports in Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) as requested by users.
- Responsible to identify and evaluate risk performance on several consumer loan portfolios by building Probability of Default, Loss Given Default and Exposure at Default models. Actively communicate with business.
- Conducted JAD sessions with SMEs and technological experts to gather data requirements such as securities pricing, corporate actions, trade and custodial data.
- Prepared and analyzed AS IS and TO BE in the existing architecture and performed Gap Analysis.
- Developed good practices for risk modelling procedures related to CCAR/DFAST.
- Use SQL Server, Domo, and Tableau for big data analysis and dashboard development.
- Developed charts, tables and graphs on all incoming deliverables and report to the PMO Manager.
- Coordinated the UAT Testing efforts/updates between the Testing Team and the Business Team.
Confidential - New York, NY
- Worked as a Business Analyst to support the re-design of the Mortgage Asset Management System.
- Involved in Risk identification and presenting analysis for mitigation and interpretation for long term operational planning.
- Used Visio, Excel spreadsheets, and apply best practices to develop As-Is and To-Be process maps.
- Contributed to the definition of scope, preparation of work plans and definition of business requirements.
- Designed and implemented basic SQL queries for QA testing and report / data validation
- Analyzed and understood the business users' requirements for information and communicated them to the rest of the data warehouse team. Assisted Data Warehouse Data Analyst in analyzing existing reports.
- Supported field banking operations post RFP, including transition to RFP selected banks, opening/closing accounts, ERP integration, eBanking, compliance, documentations.
- Involved in data mapping of EDI transactions by creating Workflow, Activity, and Use Case Diagrams.
- Generated BRDs, HLDs, UML physical/logical, process/data diagrams, wireframes, XML/CSV interfaces, mapping documents, user stories, and use cases.
- Identified data elements from the source systems, performed data analysis to come up with data cleansing and integration rules for the ETL process.
- Redesigned bank's rate guideline form, commercial lending loan memo, consumer request checklist and many other.
- Performed GAP Analysis between different applications to bridge the gap.
- Facilitated and managed meeting sessions with committee of SMEs from various business areas including Mortgage Servicing, Loan Monitoring and Asset Management.
- Reviewed and approved trade finance documents for bank and regulatory compliance.
- Performed extensive requirement analysis including data analysis and gap analysis.
- Set up definitions and process for test phases including Product test, integration test, system test and user acceptance test (UAT).