- I am interested in a Director level position to apply my knowledge and experience in I.P., Systems, Data Center, Wi - Fi, Carrier Ethernet and Optical networks. Credentials include:
- Over 19 years of experience in Operations and Implementations utilizing Six Sigma procedures and KPI’s to ensure zero network downtime.
- Over 12 years of experience at a national MSO (both Corporate and Regional level)
- Current focus is ownership of National Backbone Network and Wi-Fi infrastructure.
- Both Implementations and day-to-day Operations.
- Previous focus running a TAC-level Operations group for Carrier/Business Fortune 500 accounts
- Drove SLA penalties down 75% in 18 months through procedural initiative (>$800,000 nationwide)
- Increased Service Availability from 99.890 to 99.998 in same period
- Success contributing data justifications, managing and meeting multi-million dollar OpEx/CapEx budgets
- Ability to relate strategic goals to tactical objectives and meet project timelines
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
Confidential, Herndon, VA
- Currently run all National Backbone and WiFi assets and their associated support groups.
- Previously Senior Manager of Corporate escalation group for Carrier Cell Backhaul, Metro-Ethernet, DWDM and PRI products.
- Began career at Confidential as Senior VoIP/IP Engineer and promoted on multiple occasions.
- Final Operational sign-off on all product requirements, support model changes and engineered solutions.
- Close working relationship with Business Class and Residential sales teams and Network Operations Center.
- Provide Fault Analysis/RFO review internally, with customers and with peers.
- Maintain multi-million dollar CapEx and OpEx budgets within +/-0.05% deviation.
- Knowledge of fiber construction and managing nationwide projects with aggressive timelines.
- Previous experience at Confidential on the Voice and Network teams provided me with a strong knowledge of the functional abilities of all peer teams.
- Lead technical background on multiple Internet technologies.
- Coordinate contractor and vendor accounts for monitoring and measuring their success.
Confidential, Herndon/Falls Church, Virginia
Senior Network Engineer/Network Operations Supervisor
- Lead Engineer and Supervisor for a Juniper MPLS backbone and Sonus VoIP network at a Network Start-up that went through multiple changes and iterations.
- Extensive knowledge of VoIP, RTP, TCP-IP, MPLS and other prevalent network protocols.
- Conducted network maintenance and monitoring at Tier II and Tier III support levels.
- Responsible as escalation for all T1 through OC-192 acceptance and troubleshooting.
Confidential, Falls Church, Virginia
Carrier Shift Supervisor
- Worked in an Industry leading Network Operations Center responsible for all ISP circuit and equipment monitoring and maintenance.
- Utilized experience with UNIX, TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF and specific vendor training to obtain multiple promotions.
- Lead troubleshooting Engineer for Confidential, Frame Relay and ATM.
- Collaborated heavily with Engineering, TAC and Deployment on new technologies and team training.
- Supervised small team of NOC Engineers over multiple shifts.
- Responsible for monitoring and trouble response in a 24 x 7 Defense Network Operations Center.
- Installed and troubleshot local base cabling and outside plant.
- Authored Standard Operating Procedures for Network and equipment specific troubleshooting.
- Honorable Discharge