High energy FINANCIAL PROFESSIONAL with strong background in FP&A and M&A across complex, multi - subsidiary international operations. Drive and manage financial results through strategy execution, growth opportunities, and performance improvement initiatives. Guide leadership through changing business requirements and market conditions. Proven performance in identifying market/business opportunities and developing the necessary strategies to leverage them to realize significant recurring shareholder/owner value.
- Budgets / Forecast
- Due Diligence
- Capital Planning/Projects
- Operating Plans
- Contract Negotiation
- Acquisitions / Divestitures
- Consolidations / Restructuring
- Financial Reporting
- Project Management
- Strategic Planning
- Joint Venture Development
- Financial Analysis / Modeling
- Facilities Management
- GAAP / IFRS / SEC
- Supply Chain Management
- Microsoft Suite; Advanced Excel
- Oracle / Hyperion
- Capital IQ
- Mergerstat Series 7 and 63 License (Expired)
Confidential, Houston, TX
Vice President, Finance
- Managed a department of 9 direct reports that managed 11 departments and 400+ employees.
- Managed the finances for the construction of 3 new hospitals, the expansion of two existing hospitals, and the new construction of 9 Critical Care Centers.
- Managed over $1B in annual contracts for Clinical Engineering, Supply Chain, Food Services, and Environmental Cleaning/Safety for the entire hospital system.
- Supervised the internal audits of 57 various material projects.
- Managed the conversion from Report Safe to the Confidential -builder software platform for the Construction department. Estimated savings of over $1M annually.
Confidential, Houston, TX
Partner, Financial Consulting
- Assisted in the balance sheet/account reconciliation process for a large national real estate title company following their recent acquisition of a competitor.
- Assisted in the development of a “best practices” Confidential Department for a multi-national real estate development company.
- Re-forecasted the 2015 and developed a bottoms-up FY 2016 budget for an oil and gas engineering firm.
- Assisted in the RFP and negotiation of three large vendor contracts for an information technology outsource and consulting firm.
- Consulted with a large wire transfer network to gather market intelligence and evaluate new market opportunities.
- Assisted in the negotiations of the commercial terms for three large service contracts ($10M+) for a Confidential company.
- Consulted on the successful $20M divestiture of a leading technology company in the oil and gas industry.
- Consulted with large oil and gas companies in receiving tax credits through the Confidential .
- Assisted in the sale of rapid deployment temporary housing to a large North Dakota Confidential P company.
- Assisted in the $43M acquisition of the largest general aviation catering company in the US.
- Represented the management team in a $14M management buyout of a large consumer collections company.
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Assisted in the acquisition of Concord EFS for $7B. As a requirement of DOJ subsequently sold Confidential ATM network to Metavante for $610M.
- Successfully completed the loyalty card programs for Chevron, Exxon Mobile, and Shell. Assisted with the development of the key fob technology for Exxon’s program.
- Acquired the assets of a Canadian payment network for $31M, which provided multi-country connectivity between existing networks and Canadian banks. This allowed Confidential to discontinue the payment of third party processing payments for Canadian transactions, resulting in an immediate $11M annual savings.
- Consolidated the check acceptance market for the TeleCheck subsidiary by successfully negotiating the acquisition of 3 of the top 5 competitors. Acquired the assets of the third largest company in the market, International Check Services, in a bankruptcy filing for ~ 40% discount on asset valuation, saving TeleCheck over $15M in purchase price. In addition, $7M in synergies were realized after completion by reducing operating expenses from consolidating operations and utilizing best practices.
- Acquired the assets of a collection company with $25M in annual revenue and a superior collection system for large national accounts. Negotiated a purchase price $9M less than the offering price and improved the reporting capabilities of the current collection system as requested by Confidential and Home Depot, which resulted in contract renewals with both customers.
- Acquired the majority ownership in the assets of a company in Brazil to support the Latin America expansion strategy for the Western Union and TeleCheck subsidiaries. Increased the revenue in the region by $5M annually.
- Negotiated a favorable joint venture and minority ownership in the assets of a Canadian point of sale equipment company. Shortened the market penetration time frame and achieved additional annual revenue of $3M.
- Divested the assets of two discontinued business units for $9M, eliminating non-profitable product lines, realizing a onetime tax benefit and an operating expense savings of $4M per year.
- Managed the development of a customized variance-to-budget/forecast reporting tool for the bi-monthly Executive Committee meetings.
- Created customized financial modeling tools to account for various fraud risks associated with online payment transactions.
- Managed the internal process review and provided analysis of cross-functional departments to improve reporting and documentation for ad hoc projects. Developed financial models to ensure compliance with corporate requirements.
- Managed the creation of a new commission tracking tool for the SVP of Sales Channels.
- Assisted in acquiring the last 2 remaining TeleCheck franchises for combined purchase price of $37M, resulting in an immediate savings of $7M in franchise fees and opened up the Michigan and California markets to new product offerings.
- Assisted in the acquisition of a minority interest in the assets of the 3rd largest Western Union franchise in Kingston, Jamaica, strengthening the business throughout the Caribbean.
Senior Financial Analyst
- Developed a “what if” scenario tool for senior management to speed up the decision making process for large capital expenditures. Continued to be used by TeleCheck today.
- Furnished the financial analysis for a cost reduction project within the collections group that resulted in a $3M annual savings.
- Assisted in creating an online tool for communication of financial performance metrics to sales personnel in the field. This included communication to the several hundred independent sales office not under direct Confidential ownership.
- Supplied due diligence support for the acquisition of two franchises. Prepared the valuation models and assisted in the integration to achieve $7M in acquisition synergies and cost savings.
- Provided market and competitor research for the SVP of sales to improve the profitability of both new and existing product lines.
Confidential, Houston, TX
Senior Financial Accountant
- Prepared the financial statements, bank reconciliations, tax documents, budgets, forecasts, and capital appropriation plans for the executive management and other property owners/lessees.
- Provided the accounting, finance, and capital management support for two large commercial real estate projects in the Denver Technology Center jointly developed by Hines and Cornerstone Properties Confidential .
- Managed the annual internal and external audit processes.
- Completed all of the SEC reporting for the various Confidential partners.