- ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, TRANSITION / TRASNFORMATION SPECIALIST, & TECHNOLOGY/PM CONSULTANT Multi - faceted and analytical Senior Executive with an extensive career spanning the industries of software & hardware technology, eComm retail, life sciences, pharma biotech, banking, retail, manufacturing & logistics, life & auto insurance, telecommunications, media, and government agencies.
- Proven ability to implement IT strategies and integrate software to improve processes, transform projects/programs of all sizes, and support organizational growth/change.
- Areas of expertise include digital transformation, organizational transition, business analysis, outsourcing, enterprise and program management, Agile methodologies, d Confidential warehousing, onshore/shore modeling, SDLC/ALM, M&A, P&L, and SaaS.
Managing Principal / Global Accounting, Los Angeles, CA
- IS/IT Quality and Technology Management consultant. Strategic planning, business process re-engineering, DevOps, strategic business plans, security, Agile/SCRUM, and OCM. Previously clients include Toyota Motor Sales, Kyocera, Confidential, Caesar's Entertainment, SSA, TriZetto, Blue Cross / Confidential, and state and federal governmental agencies.
- Recent clients include VR/AR start-up requiring business planning for Round 1 funding.
- Recent article (June 2017) appeared in the Confidential e-zine on the role of SQA in organizations and their cultures.
Associate Director, Consulting, San Francisco, CA
- Completed process improvements, strategic roadmaps, and managed teams, for software development and testing projects with clients in the industries of banking, retail, e-commerce, finance, and life sciences.
- As Executive Quality Consultant with FMAC, performed as the liaison between Business & IT leadership/management teams to transform their business model from quarterly releases to releases every 10 days, and significantly reducing their costs. This included understanding their current people-processes-technologies and transforming them to reduce their product ALM from quarterly to every 2 weeks (thereby raising customer satisfaction 63%).
- Consulted with Comerica Bank, as Manager, grew team from 48 to 120 through course in 8 weeks. As Executive Consultant, worked with the leadership to transition their ALM to include the Confidential xxxInsight tools and a roadmap to move from Waterfall to fully Agile projects for SaaS projects, raising product quality 75% and saving $750K annually.
- As Quality Director with Gilead, a short-term project to evaluate their entire SDLC and regulatory compliance practices. Presented transition recommendations to Confidential team and Gilead leadership for evaluation. Estimated cost savings of $500K annually.
- As Quality Program Manager at Proactiv, evaluated transitional compliance systems and created and managed plans to transition those systems from C2C, and created all documentation for those systems for FDA compliance and per Proactiv SOPs. As Manager, managed the SaaS delivery team for both front end and back end applications in an agile environment. Doubled he team size while manager.
Managing Principal, Quality & Technology Management, Southern California
- Delivered IS / IT Quality and Technology management consulting services, assisting clients in planning and establishment of global Service Delivery Centers of Excellence, transitioning IT vendors, developing IT security policies, and project management models.
- Advised clients including TriZetto, Toyota Motor Sales, Caesars Entertainment, and MindSpark Technologies.
- At Toyota (Auto), created a transformation plan for a global SaaS delivery center (200 applications) reducing the number of vendors and reducing costs. Presented to the Japan leadership gaining accepting of one of the options. Implemented and managed the delivery of the selected option, saving $2M annually.
- At Caesars Entertainment (T&L), created a transformation plan that included offshore for the first time to move from their costly proprietary Waterfall ALM to a fully Agile ALM, thus reducing cost annually by $1.3M and increasing application reliability by 78%.
Portfolio Manager, Dallas, TX
- Led establishment of global healthcare SQA business unit, directing focus on single PBM client to drive vertical and client account growth.
- End to end portfolio management (for QA portfolio (12 accounts)) and project management (for assigned accounts/projects).
- Conducted pre-sales consulting and project troubleshooting for clients within the sectors on banking, PBMs, healthcare payer, and financial services, adding 4 new accounts per year on average.
- Established software quality institute in Philippines, engaging with local colleges and universities in Philippines and US to drive project to completion. Successfully transitioned clients to utilize their managed service delivery in cooperation with a Confidential Indian facility (multi0-site offshoring)/.
- At CVS (PBM) created and completed a roadmap for a large end-to-end transformation process, growing team from 40-100+ in two months through the establishment of additional $10 million revenue stream and utilizing the multi-site offshore/onshore model for service delivery.
Managing Principal, Quality & Technology Management, California, North Carolina
- End to end program management for telecomm, healthcare, travel & hospitality, and healthcare insurance accounts (7).
- Served as Program Manager for $30 million legacy modernization project (transformation) for Confidential / Blue Cross of North Carolina, upgrading technical hardware, Waterfall to Agile ALM transition, and installing green solutions to save company $3 million per year. SaaS was implemented to uplift existing development model and reduce costs.
- Collaborated with QMS Department of wireless telecommunications firm to analyze processes and systems and provide recommendations, resulting in annual savings of $2.5 million. This involved analysis of processes for the assembly line and manufacturing, packaging, shipping and distribution, and in-store display. Additionally, consulted on their software development and testing practices, laying out a roadmap for them to move from Level 4 to Level 5 of the CMMI (and TMMI).
IT Director, Woodland Hills, CA
- Presented and pitched to Senior VPs of all Confidential subsidiaries to persuade executive teams that group of 14 professionals would be viable option to complete process.
- Developed and implemented company-wide ALM processes and policies, and served as SQA Champion for corporation, liaising with IT leaders in many sub-corporations (such as Blue Cross/ Confidential . Managed 57 global resources in the US, India, and Jamaica. Established their initial global and multi-site service delivery operation.
- Created global, transformative SQA system which achieved ROI within 16 months and saved the organization $4 million over three years, with developed tools subsequently productized and sold as an additional revenue stream.
- Managing Principal, Quality & Technology Management, Confidential LLC
- Formed own company to provide consultancy services within project management, software development, IT management, SQA, ALM, testing, and organizational change.
- End to end account management. Engaged with clients including Confidential Non-Stop Division), Confidential, Disney, and Technicolor.