- Around 8 years of Complete Software development Life cycle (SDLC) (gathering Business Users Requirements, System Analysis, Design & Data Modeling, Development, Testing) implementation experience of Data Warehouse, Datamart and Business Intelligence using Informatica/ODI and OBIEE ( OBIEE/OBI Apps)
- Leads in the technical design and development of cross - functional, multi-platform application systems.
- Expertise in Developing stored procedures, triggers, packages, functions, views, materialized views using SQL and PL/SQL
- Wrote Several Teradata SQL Queries using Teradata SQL Assistant for Ad Hoc Data Pull Request
- Expertise in providing end-to-end business intelligence
- Experience in Agile Devlopment Methodlogy
- Experience in identifying & analyzing the source/feeder systems, performing GAP ANALYSIS and providing appropriate solutions.
- 2 years experienced in implementing and configuring pre-built OOTB Analytics (Financials, HR) of Oracle BI Applications ( OBIA ), Informatica and DAC .
- Knowledge in extracting data from Oracle EBS, PeopleSoft, OLTP, flat files and integration and loading data to OLAP systems.
- Developed and customized mappings in ODI (Oracle Data Integrator) and Informatica in different projects to populate the required fields in to the tables.
- Proficient in developing OBIEE Repository (.RPD) at three layers , time series objects, interactive dashboards with drill-down capabilities using global &local filters, security setup ( groups, access / query/report privileges), configured analytics metadata objects (subject area, table, & column), web catalog objects ( dashboard, pages, folders reports) and scheduling iBots/agents
- Vast Experience in Creating geports with various views Like Tables, Pivots, Charts, View Selectors, Narrative View, Prompts and Gauges etc.
- Used BI Publisher, developing and designing the template in rich text format (RTF) and portable document text format (PDF).
- Expertise in OLTP/OLAP System Study, Analysis and developing Database Schemas like Star schema and Snowflake schema .
- Hands on experience in Authentication and Authorization of OBIEE by using LDAP, Database Authentication, External Authentication and also implemented Single Sign on (SSO) and configuration of Multiuser Development Environment ( MUDE) and Usage Tracking.
- Upgrade and Deployment experience from Oracle BI 10.1.3.x to OBIEE 11.1.x
- Upgrade and Deployment experience from OBIEE 22.214.171.124 to OBIEE 12c
- Skilled in performing Installation, Administration, Upgradation, migration and troubleshooting of different OBIEE environment.
- Migrated Analytics RPD and Web Cat from OBIEE 10g to OBIEE11g by using Oracle Fusion Middleware Upgrade Assistant.
- Good understanding of BI Publisher reports and using various templates to publish the report as per user requirements.
- Performance tuning using Cache management techniques in OBIEE.
- Expertise working with dimensions and fact tables in the BI Apps and experience with understanding universal adaptors in order to load into BI.
- Worked on BI Publisher importing data from multiple data sources and delivered Reports, common dashboards, metadata, security, calculation, caching and intelligent request generation services.
- Very strong analytical and presentation skills, problem-solving techniques, proven leadership qualities with emphasis on individual and team effort backed by excellent communication skills.
OLAP Tools: OBIEE 11g,OBIEE 12c, OBIA 7.9.x, Tableau 9.3/8.x
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g, DB2 V9.7, SQL Server 2005, Teradata VR26
Data Modeling: MS Visio, Erwin 4.1
ETL Tools: Informatica 9.x/8.x, Alteryx 10.6, ODI 10.1.3.5
Utilities: Toad, SQL Developer, AQUA Data Studio
Version Control Tools: Atlassian SourceTree
Confidential, Scottsdale, Arizona
- Working extensively on OBIEE answers and dashboards to create the reports as per the client requirements.
- Hands-on experience on OBIEE administration tool for customizing and modifying the physical, business and presentation layers of metadata repository.
- .Responsible for development of subject area specific to the client requirements, and implementing object level security to hide tables and columns per user responsibilities.
- Create different types of Views like Pivot Views, Table Views, Column Selector, View Selector, Graphs, and Filter.
- Attended the Scrum and Weekly meetings to update the status of the projects and enhance the transparency.
- Expertized working in MUDE and checking out the projects to make necessary changes.
- Imported the required tables from the schemas of different databases and created the Aliases of the tables.
- Established join conditions on the tables in the physical layer and established cross database joins if the report demands the data from multiple databases.
- Based on the information required by user, the joins like Outer Joins are established in Business Model and Mapping layer.
- Created additional columns such as age count, measures using CASE statements in the BMM layer and also used Time series functions to TODATE,AGO,Perod Rolling calculate TODATE,AGO,Perod Rolling, on the Asset Retention measures.
- Configured Usage Tracking, Caching, Cache Purging Mechanism and Security.
- Migrated the OBIEE code from 126.96.36.199.15 to 12c Involved in the validation of 1200 reports and 50 Dashboards 188.8.131.52.15 to 12c.
- Created Level based Hierarchies for establish the relationship between Line of Business, Business Domains and Source of Records in ESP project and enabling the Drill down Functionality. Also created hierarchies to establish relationship between 8 levels from Business Unit to the observer in PM Project.
- Involved in Writing Several Teradata SQL Queries using Teradata SQL Assistant for Ad Hoc Data Pull Request
- Useed various Teradata index techniques to improve the query performance
- Worked on the creation of SA System subject area to configure the email notifications using delivers in sending an email to all the users both OBIEE/non OBIEE to submit the timesheet based on the analysis from Clarity.
- Worked on the creation of Adhoc reports to meet the SLAs.
- Utilized the capability of repository and session variables in the RPD development.
- Worked on the query performance enhancement of various reports in RPPM project and created indexes on the columns in tables to enhance the performance.
- Extensively used presentation variables, view selector, narrative view, prompts, and guided navigations to enable intelligent dashboard designs.
- Developed distribution alerts to notify the Wealth Management teams to respond to the Key Influencer requests.
- Used Tableau to develop dashboards for more intuitiveness as per the user requirements.
- Migrated the catalog files from DEV to UAT and then to PROD environments.
- Created catalog groups and assigned these groups to the dashboards to restrict the control of the users.
- Coordinated with QA teams to test and validate the code of the given requirements.
- Implemented Data Level and Object Level Security in OBIEE
- Translating user requirements into functional, technical and system specifications, managing clients/ vendors/partners relationships, ensuring service delivery and tracking requests for system enhancements, improvements from end-users /customers
Environment: OBIEE 184.108.40.206.15/12 c, BI Publisher Enterprise, SQL Developer, Windows 7, Unix, Teradata SQL Assistant, Teradata 14, Oracle 11g, SQL Server 2005, Tableau 8.2.x
Confidential, Merrimack, NH
ETL/ OBIEE Consultant
- Gathered user requirements and prepared a requirement document consisting of minute details.
- Analyzing the data models and prepared the design plan on developing the projects
- Used Filters (Global and Local) and provided customized prompts to avoid excessive data showing up in the reports Propose and implement the Approval Requesting system which is seamlessly integrated with the Data and object level security of OBIEE using Write back feature.
- Worked on the usual BI concepts like drill down hierarchies, Action links in 11g, Delivers, Scheduler, GoURL, Pivots To develop the necessary star schemas in the RPD.
- Used variables (Session, Repository and Presentation) to display values in Request results, Dashboards and iBots.
- Create different types of Views like Pivot Views, Table Views, Column Selector, View Selector, Graphs, and Filter.
- Created ETL(Informatica) mappings and workflows to fetch data from multiple data sources and load it into the data warehouse
- Followed Landing and Dimension/Facts model structure for data cleansing and transformations on the data.
- Configured variables in the mappings and workflows and passing the values through a parameter file defined and placed in the server box.
- Migrated the objects from Informatica lower environments to higher environments using labelling option through Deployment groups.
- Scheduled the workflows to run as per the requirement on daily/weekly/monthly basis.
- Created Procedures and Packages in Oracle database to automate lot of manual work of data loads from landing to dimension/facts, dimensions to facts, depending on the complexity of the requirements, PL/SQL or Informatica was used.
- Analyzed performance of the queries and used hints to optimize the queries.
- Used Atlassian Source Tree for version control of the scripts in Oracle and DB2 databases.
- Cloned the master repository and created feature branches. Pulled the code and pushed the changes to the further environments.
- Validated the data loads through verifying the real time applications.
- Developed scripts in Oracle and DB2 databases to suffice the user requirements.
- Configured LDAP authentication and authorization through Active Directory in OBIEE
- Created application roles to assign data level and object level security.
- Also developed reports and dashboards in Tableau 10.1. Migrated few reports from OBIEE to Tableau for intuitive visualization.
- Implemented security both row level and user level in Tableau.
- Involved in creating interactive dashboard and applied actions (filter, highlight and URL) to dashboard.
- Ability to authoring on Tableau server by changing mark types and adding filters directly in a web browser.
- Administered user, user groups and scheduled instances for reports in Tableau.
- Created report schedules, data connections, projects, groups in Tableau server.
- Extensively used Tabadmin and Tabcmd commands in creating backups and restoring backups of Tableau repository.
- Developed rtf templates in BI publisher where there is a need for pixel perfect document.
- Created workflows in Alteryx as an alternative to Informatica and scheduled the workflows.
- Extracted data from flat files and loaded data into databases.
Environment: OBIEE 220.127.116.11.x/ 18.104.22.168.5 BI Publisher, Aqua Data Studio 16.0, SQL Developer, Windows 7, Unix, DB2 V9.7, Oracle 11g, Tableau 9.3.x, Atlassian SourceTree 22.214.171.124, Alteryx 10.3, MS Office
Confidential, Miami, FL
OBIEE/ OBIA Developer
- Interacted with Subject Matter Experts (SME), Business Analysts and users in gathering and analyzing and designing the Business report requirements.
- Designed and Developed the RPD by importing metadata into Physical layer, applied Business rules in the Business Modeling and Mapping layer and created customized user views in the Presentation layer.
- Designed and developed OBIEE/Metadata Repository (.RPD) using OBIEE Admin tool by importing the required objects (Dimensions and Facts) with integrity constraints into Physical Layer using connection pool, developed Calculated Measures, dimension hierarchies & Logical Facts/Measures in Business Model Layer, and creating the presentation catalogs in Presentation Layer.
- Created connection pools, physical tables, defined joins and implemented authorizations in the physical layer of the repository
- Hands on experience to develop OBIEE reports and Dashboards. Able to create and use different types of Variables on OBIEE.
- To create DataMart’s for the client to perform ad-hoc analysis and develop the complex reports which are tailor made for the client based on the business requirements.
- Implemented Accounts Payables financial analytics module.
- Extracted and customized the pre-built BI solutions of tables using Oracle BI Apps 126.96.36.199 / 7.9.5 (Financial Analytics)
- Developed and Customized the GL Dashboards to allow users to look up Daily GL balances by specific GL Accounts.
- Generated various Analytics Reports like All AP Transactions reports.
- Customized the Compensation dashboards as per business needs and in the process, fixed various payroll data related issues, Active Head count issues in the ETL mappings.
- Customized the domain values as per business needs.
- Designed Created and Tested Reports in the Dashboards and also provided Adhoc reporting capability as per the client needs.
- Created groups in the administration console and added users to the groups
- Designed, Developed and Tested Data Security and Dashboard Security in OBIEE.
- Implemented Security by authenticating against an LDAP server.
- Migrated the tested code from Dev to QA and QA to production.
- Configured Interactive Dashboard with drilldown capabilities using global and local Filters, Metadata Objects and Web Catalog Objects.
- Developed custom reports/Adhoc queries using OBIEE Answers and assigned them to application specific dashboards.
- Performed Performance Tuning of Dashboards / Reports by aggregate navigation, cache management, Oracle materialized views and making changes to reports
- Managed security privileges for each subject area and dashboards according to user requirements.
- Implemented and extensively worked in Multi User Development MUDE and performed some Administration tasks such as Creating users, groups, Projects and provide required authentication as needed.
- Developed and scheduled IBots using BI delivers to deliver Analytics content based on schedule, automated IBot queries to obtain daily and weekly reports.
- Upgraded the 10g RPD to meet the 11g standard and rolled out OOTB reports for in current DWH.
- Installed and configured OBIEE 11g as a kick-start for current upgrade process of our current 10g version of OBIEE in Sandbox.
- Involved in Merging the RPD and Web Catalog folder with OBIEE Admin tool and Catalog Manager.
- Extensively worked on the Informatica Power Center tools - Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow monitor.
- Created custom complex Mappings which use to bring the data from Oracle EBS Loans base tables to staging tables and then to Facts and Dimensions.
- Extensively worked on transformations like Lookup (Connected and Unconnected), Aggregator, Expression, Router, Filter, Update Strategy and Sequence Generator.
- Created and Scheduled Sessions and Batch Process based on demand, run on time, run only once using Informatica Workflow Manager.
- Used Repository Manager for moving the mappings and sessions from one environment to another, such as from a development environment to test or production environments.
- Created custom Mappings, Mapplets to load the new tables and the new information into the warehouse.
- Used Informatica to load data from Flat Files to Oracle using various transformations.
- Performed Unit, Integration and Regression testing to validate and mapping functionality.
- Worked closely with Users and Administrators to resolve ongoing Production Problems by reviewing design changes made to production systems.
- Involved in RPD merge, Webcat merge, migrate from Dev to QA to Prod.
- Identified issues, performance bottlenecks, and optimized the Business Intelligence Dashboards and Reports.
- Educated and Trained End Users and Pilot Users about OBIEE Tools.
- Troubleshooted the ODI connection with oracle by fixing the tnsnames.ora file, TNS listener and DNS entries.
- Set up the Topology including physical architecture, logical architecture and context.
- Developed interfaces for loading the lookup and transactional data.
- Created ODI design documents from the existing Informatica mappings. Used these design documents in development of ODI interfaces/packages.
- Created ODI packages, scenarios using interfaces, variables, procedure
- Used ODI commands like ODIFile Move, odiFileAppend, odiFilecopy etc
- Performance tuned the ODI interfaces.
- Optimized the knowledge modules to improve the functionality of the process.
Environment: Oracle BI Apps 7963/795(Finance and HR), DAC 7.9.6, OBIEE 188.8.131.52.0, Informatica 9.x., Oracle EBS App, BI Publisher Enterprise, SQL Developer,ODI 10.1.3.5
OBIEE & PL/ SQL Developer
- Developed stored procedures, triggers, packages, functions, views, materialized views, etc.
- Gathered Business Requirements from end Users and efficiently converted the requirements to technical specifications for developing the Reports/Dashboards as defined.
- Developed various objects in Repository using BI Admin tool by importing the required objects with integrity constraints into Physical Layer using Connection Pool.
- Categorized the Facts, Dimensions and identified the Granularity level in accordance with the need of end user before implementing the Multi-Level Based Hierarchies.
- Customized Star and Snowflake schemas by linking the Fact and Dimension Tables.
- Created measures and Aggregated Tables to better the performance/understanding of the reports.
- Effectively implemented Time Series Functions, calculation Wizard and Expression Builder to generate trend analysis reports.
- Developed Performance Tuning Strategies, for optimized performance, by implementing Aggregate Navigation, Cache Management, re-organizing data, and making changes to Reports.
- Implemented Security at Object level and Data level in the OBIEE Repository and Answers by creating Repository and Session Variables and Initialized Blocks.
- Created Security settings in OBIEE Administration Tool to set the groups and access privileges and query privileges. Also implemented security for the groups at the BI Answers.
- Developed end-user and migration Documentation briefing the features and capabilities of various reports with screenshots and supporting description on how to schedule and execute.
- Developed reports and dashboards with various analytical views with Global and Local Filters.
- Customized Prompts page level and Dashboard level, in accordance with the requirements.
- Developed Guided Navigation drill downs, Pivot Tables, Narrative Views, Charts to improve accessibility of dashboards.
- Configured presentation layer used by different user groups and also established various standard queries in order to create precise presentation layer.
- Designed and Integrated BI Publisher reports to oracle BI Dashboards for Analysis to PDF/RTF templates.
- Configured iBots to deliver content based Analytics on schedule, automated iBots to obtain daily and weekly reports.
- Created the Technical and Functional design documents for the entire new application.
- Deployed the test cases and test scripts to test the reports during the Testing phase.
- Involved in developing ETLs for Data Extraction, Data Mapping and Data Conversion using Informatica Power Center 7.1.x/8.x.
- Involved in fine-tuning of Informatica Mappings.
- Involved in creating mappings using different Transformations like Source Qualifier, filter, Router, Aggregator, Lookup, Expression, Sequence Generator, and Update Strategy to store the data in target table.
- Create reports with various views Like Tables, Pivots, Charts, View Selectors, Narrative View, Prompts and Gauges etc.
Environment: OBIEE 10.1.3.x/11.1.1.x, Power Center 7.1.x/8.x, Windows XP, MS Office, Oracle 10g, PL/SQL,SQL Developer, BI Publisher